“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#7324 Jun 20, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like having discussions about it though. I just lost my patience on this thread with a certain user after the things they said. I think that discussing your beliefs and why you believe them can be fun.... But if all someone can do is throw insults and be a bigot... Then yes I also find that to be quite silly and frustrating. I switched to sarcasm on this thread because the person I am responding to obviously has no interest in having a civil discussion. I apologize if anything I have said has upset you.
I know you believe in God. You just want to rebel against Him. That's why I choose to mock you , because you are fully informed, yet stupid.
every game

Huntsville, AL

#7325 Jun 20, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to Hell. There is a God. You are going to Hell.
Excellent post.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7326 Jun 20, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, you won't. You'll be in agony arguing with other people just like yourself. Bickering in torment as to why you wasted your life being stupid and foolish.
Suffering in this iife and the next life....that's atheism.
Atheism is not something hateful...it's just a different way of thinking than you have, as you well know. I'm sure you also know that the response you got was sarcastic, and this response puts no light on your religion not you as a person. I am not an Athiest nor am I a Christian, but I am aware that I am not psychic and I can't predict where anyone will end up in the afterlife...maybe you should learn that you can't either...not even in your religion...only your "god" can know the outcome...also atheism is not suffering, it's simply not having a belief in any kind of god. It would be wise for you to become less hateful and judge mental if you would like to promote your religion and attempt to convert because If I were interested before, I would certainly not be now.

Location hidden

#7327 Jun 20, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you believe in God. You just want to rebel against Him. That's why I choose to mock you , because you are fully informed, yet stupid.
I'm sure your "god" would greatly appreciate you not attempting to do his job for him. But I bet you know that already you just choose to ignore what he says....sounds like your a little bit of a rebel yourself huh ;-)

Salt Lake City, UT

#7328 Jun 20, 2013
Christian Man wrote:
Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is NO God? No, you cannot, no more than a Christian can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there IS a God. There is only evidence suggesting it. Based on that evidence, I made the decision to believe, and it has made all the difference in the world in my personal life.
if i wrote that everything was created by a flying spaghetti monster in the sky would you believe that? you cultist. grow up, take a science class.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7329 Jun 21, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe. Now I honestly do not. I am sorry you feel that way.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#7330 Jun 21, 2013
missee_pieces wrote:
<quoted text>
if i wrote that everything was created by a flying spaghetti monster in the sky would you believe that? you cultist. grow up, take a science class.
Apparently you would believe it is true unless your intent was to deceive.

"Science is a way of knowing about the natural world. It is limited to explaining the natural world through natural causes. Science can say nothing about the supernatural. Whether God exists or not is a question about which science is neutral."
Teaching about Evolution and Science,
The American National Academy of Sciences (NAS)

Location hidden

#7336 Jun 21, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Another cherry-picking atheist validating Christianity when it suits him.
Sounds like I'm right....you do believe in God.....you're at least contradicting what your friends say when they say the bible is evil and you shouldn't adhere to it.
Actually what I was saying in a sarcastic manner is that there is no reason for a christian to try to tell an atheist how to believe or live, and vice versa. I don't believe in "god" and it's in my opinion that the bible is not a book that is written in any form by a "god". The bible itself is not evil per-say in my opinion, but it is undeniable that most of the actions stipulated by "god" from the bible are evil, and immoral. It's in my opinion that if you have a christian belief then you should believe in the bible, but the bible in itself is beyond disturbing, and contradictory, which is why I wonder why anyone would want to put faith in it, or "god".

Location hidden

#7338 Jun 21, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
What actions stipulated by God are immoral?
I never saw God destroy or kill anyone without FIRST warning them time and time and time again against disobeying Him.
It's not like He just wiped out a person, tribe, or community for no reason. They all were warned, blatantly disobeyed, revealed publicly as guilty, and either their actions led them to their death due to inherent death causality , or God killed them, or He had a faithful person do the killing.
It all makes sense to me.
God's commands lead to life, atheist's ways lead to death.
It still holds true today. You are just fortunate that you live in the New Testament phase of Christianity rather than the Old Testament days. The followers of atheism would all be destroyed by now.
If you would really want me to list some of the immoral acts by "god" then I can, but I'm pretty sure that you have probably been made aware of them several several times. Just say the word and I will have a list ready as soon as I get it together.

The thing that is really scary is that you just said that "god" gave them a warning. First off..."god" supposedly created those people. Why would he create them, give them free will, and then punish or kill them for using their free will? Please answer this question as best you can before you start giving me verses. Secondly...you saying that this is not immoral is very scary to me. It is immoral to kill anyone, especially if your only reason is that they aren't doing what you would like them to do. Supposedly "god" knows everything that we have done, and will do, and he knows our every move, so why would he kill an entire community if he already knows they are going to disobey? If you followed the commands of the bible you would have to burn down and kill entire cities because there are only a few people who are not following your "god's" wishes, and that my friend is in the new testament.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7339 Jun 22, 2013
man's last day in God's court ..

..... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-77

Revelation 20:11

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them
20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds

..... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-78

20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
20:15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

..... http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-79
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#7340 Jun 22, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would really want me to list some of the immoral acts by "god" then I can, but I'm pretty sure that you have probably been made aware of them several several times. Just say the word and I will have a list ready as soon as I get it together.
The thing that is really scary is that you just said that "god" gave them a warning. First off..."god" supposedly created those people. Why would he create them, give them free will, and then punish or kill them for using their free will? Please answer this question as best you can before you start giving me verses. Secondly...you saying that this is not immoral is very scary to me. It is immoral to kill anyone, especially if your only reason is that they aren't doing what you would like them to do. Supposedly "god" knows everything that we have done, and will do, and he knows our every move, so why would he kill an entire community if he already knows they are going to disobey? If you followed the commands of the bible you would have to burn down and kill entire cities because there are only a few people who are not following your "god's" wishes, and that my friend is in the new testament.
Atheists believe we were created by random chemical reactions so what are you basing your definition of immoral on?
The atheist philosopher Bertrand Russell was asked 'on what grounds would you condemn the acts of Hitler?" He said Hitler was wrong because "most people agree with me." He was then asked how he distinguished between good and evil, he said,"by my own feelings." But then couldn't Hitler have argued that killing six million Jews was justified since by "my own feelings those deaths were justified and made me happy?"

The atheist evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins stated “If somebody used my views to justify a completely self-centred lifestyle, which involved trampling all over other people in any way they chose... I think I would be fairly hard put to argue it on purely intellectual grounds... I couldn’t, ultimately, argue intellectually against somebody who did something I found obnoxious. I think I could finally only say,“Well, in this society you can’t get away with it” and call the police."
That society, by the way, is probably based on Christian ethics.

Location hidden

#7341 Jun 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists believe we were created by random chemical reactions so what are you basing your definition of immoral on?
The atheist philosopher Bertrand Russell was asked 'on what grounds would you condemn the acts of Hitler?" He said Hitler was wrong because "most people agree with me." He was then asked how he distinguished between good and evil, he said,"by my own feelings." But then couldn't Hitler have argued that killing six million Jews was justified since by "my own feelings those deaths were justified and made me happy?"
The atheist evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins stated “If somebody used my views to justify a completely self-centred lifestyle, which involved trampling all over other people in any way they chose... I think I would be fairly hard put to argue it on purely intellectual grounds... I couldn’t, ultimately, argue intellectually against somebody who did something I found obnoxious. I think I could finally only say,“Well, in this society you can’t get away with it” and call the police."
I am not an atheist and I am not religious, but I can honestly say that I think what someone considers immoral would be dependent on whether or not they are religious or non-religious. Someone who is religious may think that it's immoral to smoke, or have sex outside of being married. I am not religious so I do not see these things as being immoral. I think that there are rational morals, or things that we shouldn't do because they are bad...such as steal, kill, rape, but I cannot say that these are based on christian morals because they aren't. Society is not based on Christian ethics. At least not the society that we started with here in the USA. I think any rational person would decide what is moral for themselves...only because all rational people would not want to do anything that would harm, or interfere in another persons life....it's not our place.

As far as Hitler goes...He actually made statements that god was with him in his effort to build a better world. That is all I will say on that subject, as there is nothing else that I should have to say about that. No rational, moral person would think that it's o.k. to kill 6 million people just because it makes them happy. Every society has their own accepted standard of morality, and luckily even the ten commandments in the bible have some similar standards as rational society's hold.

Location hidden

#7342 Jun 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
My question for you is... If you weren't a christian would you think that it's o.k. to kill someone? If you would still think that it's not o.k., then why?

Location hidden

#7343 Jun 22, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
What actions stipulated by God are immoral?
I never saw God destroy or kill anyone without FIRST warning them time and time and time again against disobeying Him.
It's not like He just wiped out a person, tribe, or community for no reason. They all were warned, blatantly disobeyed, revealed publicly as guilty, and either their actions led them to their death due to inherent death causality , or God killed them, or He had a faithful person do the killing.
It all makes sense to me.
God's commands lead to life, atheist's ways lead to death.
It still holds true today. You are just fortunate that you live in the New Testament phase of Christianity rather than the Old Testament days. The followers of atheism would all be destroyed by now.
No response??

Location hidden

#7347 Jun 23, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry it took me so long to respond. You athetards need to realize that we Christians are not bound and chained to this forum from fear. We spend vast amounts of time enjoying our lives with family, friends, and work, charity, sports , and other events of joy and happiness. We aren't confined by fear to this forum , we are not bound down with the need to hear brainwashing spamming lies by others who teach there is no God like you athetarded people are.
That being said, it might take several hours, even days, before we come back to respond to your nonsense.
That's one thing I can count on. If I ever want to see desperate and angry people , I can , at any time, click onto atheist forums and within minutes, find the same old depressed atheists ranting about a God they pretend doesn't exist.
It's your miserable cult, you wallow in it, loser.
I never said that you were confined by fear of anything. I just don't understand the want or need to come to an atheist forum to get pleasure from watching people supposedly wallow. I am not an atheist, and I don't know what I've said that would make you think different. I used to be a self proclaimed christian, and now I choose not to put myself in that category. I don't hold the same beliefs as you, but how does that make me a loser? I don't agree with religion. Even when I was a self proclaimed christian, I believed that my relationship with God came before anything the church or anyone had to say about it. If you think that what I have said is nonsense then you are simply coming back to pick a fight, and I personally see that as an attack by you. If you want to try to convert people then this would not be the way to do it. I have many christian friends, and they are not hateful in any way toward me. They know how I feel, and they have told me how they feel, and they have done the job that their "god" has asked them to do. I find it disheartening that you choose to judge me the way you do simply because I don't have the same beliefs. I'm not a bad person. I'm loyal to my family and friends, including the christian ones, hard working, and kind. I however do tolerate the attitude that you have toward other people well...so I will just say this...you can come on here and spread your judgements (even though, if you follow your religious beliefs, that would be "god's" job)....you can spread all of the hateful words that you have all across the screen, and you can hurt as many people as you choose, but know that you are the one starting the fight, and the hurt, and the anger, and the hate when you do this, and I will respond in a similar manner. You should treat others how you want to be treated, and if you want to be treated as the hateful person that you come off to be, then that is how I will treat you.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#7348 Jun 24, 2013
Atheists know that the Lord is REAL. But because they love their sin so much, they choose to try to shut Him out of their minds, their thinking, and their lives as much as possible....And the Lord is going to remember that....when they stand before the Great White Throne Judgement.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7349 Jun 24, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Atheists know that the Lord is REAL. But because they love their sin so much, they choose to try to shut Him out of their minds, their thinking, and their lives as much as possible....And the Lord is going to remember that....when they stand before the Great White Throne Judgement.
How did you find out our secret?

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#7350 Jun 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Damn, and I always heard that God was loving and forgiving. If I'm reding this right, He's more vindictive than anything else. So much for "peace" and "love."
AllBoxerNoShorts

Round Lake, IL

#7351 Jun 27, 2013
GreenwoodGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin was a Christian supporter and financier. Evolution was only a "theory" to him. There is zero evidence for evolution. There may be some "conclusions", but only towards the theory and not as matter of proven fact. Those same conclusions support a theory of creationism. Anyone who even mouths the word "evolution" is a lot kookier than any Christian extremist.
Wow, sir, please, there is WAY more evidence for evolution than God. We have proven evolution. Have you proven god yet? Nope.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#7352 Jun 27, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just fortunate that you live in the New Testament phase of Christianity rather than the Old Testament days. The followers of atheism would all be destroyed by now.
OOoohhhhhh....lucky us!

D-bag...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 15 min Versatile 873
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Buck Crick 739,789
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 22 min raj 37
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min Chris Clearwater 173,744
xxx(ngoanana o nyoo e metsi) (Apr '10) 1 hr ohk 17
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 3,140
why do hairy armpits turn me on??? (Jul '10) 2 hr danni2 12
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr truth 542,873
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr ms simmer 153