“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#7299 Jun 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement is completely false. Why do you atheists lie all the time?
What proof have you that there is a Satan? Why are people of faith so delusional?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7300 Jun 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't in Hell.
Oh ok.

Location hidden

#7302 Jun 9, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
By reading your hate-filled posts for starters. Only Satan can drive someone to be as evil as you are.
Thanks for allowing me the easy shot at making you look foolish. I needed an easy one.
Irony

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#7303 Jun 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
By reading your hate-filled posts for starters. Only Satan can drive someone to be as evil as you are.
Thanks for allowing me the easy shot at making you look foolish. I needed an easy one.
"Evil," you say? Care to show me what I wrote that was "hate-filled" or "evil?" Blame evil and hate on your invisible friend in the sky that created everything, including Satan. Thanks for the laugh you garnered with your post, by the way.

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#7305 Jun 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are worried. That's how I know that you know you are wrong.
I'm laughing at you. really laughing.
Well that's nice, I'm glad that I was able to make you laugh as well, my friend...

Location hidden

#7306 Jun 10, 2013
I'm afraid of his noodle appendages and what they are capable of. I should become a pirate.

Location hidden

#7308 Jun 12, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor out of fear. That's all you got.
I know. Afraid enough to built a big boat. I wonder if the Noah's ark story was actually about a man trying to be a pirate to please the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Location hidden

#7310 Jun 14, 2013
Nope.

Location hidden

#7311 Jun 14, 2013
And neither are you. No god around to make such a horrible place.
Peter

Medicine Hat, Canada

#7312 Jun 16, 2013
Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just an outrageous claim you made.
You know its a natural human psychology that if you don't know an answer your mind will undoubtably believe whatever will give an answer; Also, if I'm a good person that makes moral choices but don't believe in god, I'm going to hell. What kind god would allow that? No god would send millions of devout believers of other religions to hell for choosing the wrong god. In this day and age we no longer have the luxury of irrational thinking and have to start accepting the science of the universe.

Location hidden

#7314 Jun 17, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to Hell. There is a God. You are going to Hell.
Oh ok. That's too bad... I won't get to spend eternity with loving people like yourself.:'-(
Just me

Des Moines, IA

#7315 Jun 17, 2013
I am not an athiest, but I do not believe in the god of the bible. For many different reasons. I think it's rather silly though that people argue about this so much. It's really neither here nor there. It makes no difference. If there is a creator out there then he has done his creating and is creating more every day, as can be seen throughout our universe. I see no evidence of a god who wants to guide our lives, or who feels the need to intervene in anything here on earth.

Location hidden

#7316 Jun 18, 2013
Just me wrote:
I am not an athiest, but I do not believe in the god of the bible. For many different reasons. I think it's rather silly though that people argue about this so much. It's really neither here nor there. It makes no difference. If there is a creator out there then he has done his creating and is creating more every day, as can be seen throughout our universe. I see no evidence of a god who wants to guide our lives, or who feels the need to intervene in anything here on earth.
I like having discussions about it though. I just lost my patience on this thread with a certain user after the things they said. I think that discussing your beliefs and why you believe them can be fun.... But if all someone can do is throw insults and be a bigot... Then yes I also find that to be quite silly and frustrating. I switched to sarcasm on this thread because the person I am responding to obviously has no interest in having a civil discussion. I apologize if anything I have said has upset you.
Just me

Des Moines, IA

#7317 Jun 18, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like having discussions about it though. I just lost my patience on this thread with a certain user after the things they said. I think that discussing your beliefs and why you believe them can be fun.... But if all someone can do is throw insults and be a bigot... Then yes I also find that to be quite silly and frustrating. I switched to sarcasm on this thread because the person I am responding to obviously has no interest in having a civil discussion. I apologize if anything I have said has upset you.
I completely understand. I get frustrated as well when I'm not able to have a simple discussion with someone. If it hadn't been for my boyfriend being an athiest, and him being able to discuss things with me whether he believed in the things I did or not I wouldn't have been able to make my transition from self proclaimed christian to not being christian very easily. When you grow up in something for so long, and there are so many people around you who share the religious beliefs it's really hard to talk to people about things. I'm sure you probably know this :) It doesn't offend me at all. It offends me when christians want to hurl hell at me like it's something that I should be afraid of when in all actuality it should be obvious that if I'm not a christian then I do not believe in hell....at least not the kind that they believe in. I find it funny most times because most christians don't even realize that if they do some research they would find that Hell was actually something that was added to the bible. It wasn't in the "original" scriptures. Just a tid bit ;) As much as I hate them hurling hell at me...I also don't like it when Athiests or non-believers start tell christians that they shouldn't have the right to have their belief. I think that everyone should be able to believe whatever they want to believe as long as it doesn't cause harm, or intervene in someone else's life. My main problem that I have with Christianity and Islam even is that there are laws that are passed based on these religions, and that should never happen. Most people wouldn't of just those two faiths would not want to have laws passed for or in the name of any religion but their own so I don't feel that it's right to force a religious based law onto everyone else. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself though. You are one of the more thoughtful people :) I hope you are having a wonderful day :D

Location hidden

#7318 Jun 19, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand. I get frustrated as well when I'm not able to have a simple discussion with someone. If it hadn't been for my boyfriend being an athiest, and him being able to discuss things with me whether he believed in the things I did or not I wouldn't have been able to make my transition from self proclaimed christian to not being christian very easily. When you grow up in something for so long, and there are so many people around you who share the religious beliefs it's really hard to talk to people about things. I'm sure you probably know this :) It doesn't offend me at all. It offends me when christians want to hurl hell at me like it's something that I should be afraid of when in all actuality it should be obvious that if I'm not a christian then I do not believe in hell....at least not the kind that they believe in. I find it funny most times because most christians don't even realize that if they do some research they would find that Hell was actually something that was added to the bible. It wasn't in the "original" scriptures. Just a tid bit ;) As much as I hate them hurling hell at me...I also don't like it when Athiests or non-believers start tell christians that they shouldn't have the right to have their belief. I think that everyone should be able to believe whatever they want to believe as long as it doesn't cause harm, or intervene in someone else's life. My main problem that I have with Christianity and Islam even is that there are laws that are passed based on these religions, and that should never happen. Most people wouldn't of just those two faiths would not want to have laws passed for or in the name of any religion but their own so I don't feel that it's right to force a religious based law onto everyone else. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself though. You are one of the more thoughtful people :) I hope you are having a wonderful day :D
Thank you! Also thank you for the response. Before I was an atheist I looked into the "hell" you are talking about also. Lately I have actually had a nun tell me that Hell is here and now and that the hell with satan and fire and pain was something added to scare people. I also had a local minister say the same thing and confirmed with me that all it started out as was a town that they took dead bodies to burn. I try to keep the atheist posters in check too when I catch them going too far. I don't catch it often because I don't read their posts as often. I hope you have a great day as well!

“Behave Yourself”

Fort Worth, Texas

#7319 Jun 19, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Also thank you for the response. Before I was an atheist I looked into the "hell" you are talking about also. Lately I have actually had a nun tell me that Hell is here and now and that the hell with satan and fire and pain was something added to scare people. I also had a local minister say the same thing and confirmed with me that all it started out as was a town that they took dead bodies to burn. I try to keep the atheist posters in check too when I catch them going too far. I don't catch it often because I don't read their posts as often. I hope you have a great day as well!
I too, like to remind fellow Atheists that we need not stoop to the level of those who engage in ad hominem when they attempt to make a point. I'd bet a paycheck that you see it more from those on the other side than you would from those choose not to believe.

Location hidden

#7320 Jun 19, 2013
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
I too, like to remind fellow Atheists that we need not stoop to the level of those who engage in ad hominem when they attempt to make a point. I'd bet a paycheck that you see it more from those on the other side than you would from those choose not to believe.
I do... I also know that I have a bias though. It might work almost like when you buy a car and suddenly you see that car everywhere you go.... That being said... I do.

Unfortunately I don't think they even realize what they are saying is insulting sometimes. Not that it's a good excuse.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7321 Jun 19, 2013
This is the person that also posted under Just Me.....I think that since I have become a non-believer I see more and more people out there that are non-believers than I did before so I can kinda get the car example. I like the debates, and I too don't think that people realize that what they say sounds insulting sometimes, even if that wasn't their intent. It's hard to deal with sometimes in a kind manner because their beliefs are so delusional, and it is so crazy in our eyes...it's hard for me sometimes cause I just wanna grab 'em and shake 'em and say "REALLY!" :)

Location hidden

#7322 Jun 20, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
This is the person that also posted under Just Me.....I think that since I have become a non-believer I see more and more people out there that are non-believers than I did before so I can kinda get the car example. I like the debates, and I too don't think that people realize that what they say sounds insulting sometimes, even if that wasn't their intent. It's hard to deal with sometimes in a kind manner because their beliefs are so delusional, and it is so crazy in our eyes...it's hard for me sometimes cause I just wanna grab 'em and shake 'em and say "REALLY!" :)
Lol yes! Agreed. I was embarrassed when I saw your first reply because I have been slowly becoming less calm and soft in my replies. In some christian threads, online video chats, etc... I am one of only a couple atheists allowed to participate... I don't want to lose that reputation. I still reply respectfully to most.... But I have been ignoring the bigots and violent or insulting people less and less over time.... I've reached a point where it's hard for me not to say something. At least I use sarcasm and don't attack their personal lives or Christians or Muslims as a whole.:-)

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#7323 Jun 20, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok. That's too bad... I won't get to spend eternity with loving people like yourself.:'-(
You're right, you won't. You'll be in agony arguing with other people just like yourself. Bickering in torment as to why you wasted your life being stupid and foolish.

Suffering in this iife and the next life....that's atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Oxbow 542,234
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Khatru 739,037
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 259,321
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Patrick 227,453
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min waaasssuuup 601,063
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min bacon hater 95,465
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 38 min Al Capone 4,473
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Catcher1 173,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••