All you ATHEIST nuts out there, PROVE there is NO God!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of7,212
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

19

15

8

Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is NO God? No, you cannot, no more than a Christian can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there IS a God. There is only evidence suggesting it. Based on that evidence, I made the decision to believe, and it has made all the difference in the world in my personal life.

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

4

4

3

And yes, this thread is in direct reply to the one "All you Religious nuts prove there is a God."
Jim

Egg Harbor Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Hell does not exist. You can't tell me that no one but me came up with the idea of shoving that pitchfork right up Satan's rectum. What am I the smartest guy in the history of the world or something? So if hell and Satan doesn't exist, neither does God and heaven.

If you believe in the word, you have to believe in the whole ball of wax that comes with it. People walking around with the dinosaurs, walking on water, and every other religion's God wrong and you right.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. DNA evidence proving modern humans to be 50,000 years old is the same science that can identify criminals and is revolutioning the medical field.

In summary, one can always say that God created the earth and evolution is his way of organizing the improvment of life. God really cannot be disproven as you say any more than someone can't disprove the existence of Superman.
GreenwoodGuy

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

5

5

3

Jim wrote:
Hell does not exist. You can't tell me that no one but me came up with the idea of shoving that pitchfork right up Satan's rectum. What am I the smartest guy in the history of the world or something? So if hell and Satan doesn't exist, neither does God and heaven.
If you believe in the word, you have to believe in the whole ball of wax that comes with it. People walking around with the dinosaurs, walking on water, and every other religion's God wrong and you right.
The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. DNA evidence proving modern humans to be 50,000 years old is the same science that can identify criminals and is revolutioning the medical field.
In summary, one can always say that God created the earth and evolution is his way of organizing the improvment of life. God really cannot be disproven as you say any more than someone can't disprove the existence of Superman.
Darwin was a Christian supporter and financier. Evolution was only a "theory" to him. There is zero evidence for evolution. There may be some "conclusions", but only towards the theory and not as matter of proven fact. Those same conclusions support a theory of creationism. Anyone who even mouths the word "evolution" is a lot kookier than any Christian extremist.

Since: Apr 07

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

Faith based on Pascal's Wager isn't real faith.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

1

The burden of proof rests on the shoulders of the one making the claim. I can't prove God exists anymore than anyone else can prove that he does.

Since: Apr 07

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

1

GreenwoodGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is zero evidence for evolution.
LOL
GreenwoodGuy

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Writing in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
OK, so you are a kook. There are many like you out there, it's ok, really.

“The proof is in the pic'n!”

Since: Apr 07

Ooltewah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

4

4

3

GreenwoodGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin was a Christian supporter and financier. Evolution was only a "theory" to him. There is zero evidence for evolution. There may be some "conclusions", but only towards the theory and not as matter of proven fact. Those same conclusions support a theory of creationism. Anyone who even mouths the word "evolution" is a lot kookier than any Christian extremist.
Actually...while Darwinism has been thoroughly disproved, the fact that evolution takes place is easy to see.

Now... I am not saying that man evolved from monkey and all that other secularist mythology... the lack of any speciation proof shows that... but evolution does in fact happen and I would think that God planned it that way.

“Don't feed the trolls...”

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

Writing in Paradise wrote:
Faith based on Pascal's Wager isn't real faith.
Just what is Pascal's Wager? From all I have read about Pascal, he was not a betting man. I have never read or seen anything about his WAGER until here on Topix.

Since: Apr 07

Aiea, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is Pascal's Wager? From all I have read about Pascal, he was not a betting man. I have never read or seen anything about his WAGER until here on Topix.
Pascal's Wager is betting on a 'what if'. It's the idea that since christianity MIGHT be true, it's better to believe it in and possibly be right (and reap the rewards of heaven, than be an atheist and be wrong (and thus go to hell).

It's not real faith. There are millions of Pascal's Wager christians.
Can O Worms

Mcminnville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

2

4liberty1st wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually...while Darwinism has been thoroughly disproved, the fact that evolution takes place is easy to see.
Now... I am not saying that man evolved from monkey and all that other secularist mythology... the lack of any speciation proof shows that... but evolution does in fact happen and I would think that God planned it that way.
Thank you for a very well thought out post. I'm glad to see that some people can post lucid and valid discussion topics instead of all the other garbage that seems to pop up.
John Coffey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Writing in Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>Pascal's Wager is betting on a 'what if'. It's the idea that since christianity MIGHT be true, it's better to believe it in and possibly be right (and reap the rewards of heaven, than be an atheist and be wrong (and thus go to hell).
It's not real faith. There are millions of Pascal's Wager christians.
if you have accepted jesus chirst as lord and savour there is no pascal's wager involved... it's a done deal... and if you haven't accepted jesus christ as lord and savour you aren't a christian... so what does that make pascal's wager... just words and nothing more... the end... next question...
John Coffey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

now find someone that claims to be a chirstian that hasn't accepted jesus christ as lord and savour there wip and you have found yourself someone that claims to be a christian but isn't one...

“Knowledge is true opinion”

Since: Mar 07

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Christian Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is Pascal's Wager? From all I have read about Pascal, he was not a betting man. I have never read or seen anything about his WAGER until here on Topix.
Pascal's wager basically says:
The odds of god existing are 1 in 2 (yes or no)
If you believe in god and god exists you have everything to gain.(heaven, afterlife, etc...)
If you don't believe in god and god exists you risk eternal damnation.
If you believe in god and god doesn't exist you lose nothing because there will be no punishment.

Many christians are christians only because they don't want to take the chance of being wrong.

The problem with this is that you could be betting on the wrong god in which case you lose no matter what and now have wasted your time on earth believing in the wrong god and are still damned.

Since: Jul 07

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Christian Man wrote:
Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is NO God? No, you cannot, no more than a Christian can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there IS a God. There is only evidence suggesting it. Based on that evidence, I made the decision to believe, and it has made all the difference in the world in my personal life.
If you define exactly what you mean by "God" then it might be possible to disprove it. Logical inconsistencies in the definition for example.

Being both omniscient and omnipotent are not compatible. It could not both know the future and be able to change the future. Therefore that god does not exist.

So…. Please feel free to define your god.
GreenwoodGuy

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

4liberty1st wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually...while Darwinism has been thoroughly disproved, the fact that evolution takes place is easy to see.
Now... I am not saying that man evolved from monkey and all that other secularist mythology... the lack of any speciation proof shows that... but evolution does in fact happen and I would think that God planned it that way.
Would you call it evolution or progression? I guess I can see your point in the simple definition of "evolution". Most people who spout about evolution are thinking Darwinism though.
If anything, I think science just finds answers for how God works, and I know many R&D and teaching scientists who think that way and are very faithful God fearing men and women. I was just speaking to a retired University head last week about how he is amazed how athiests use scientific claims to disprove God because from his perspective they prove the opposite. His specialty was physics and astronomy.
He states you can not see the galaxies and the beginnings and endings of them and not feel in awe of a devine plan.
Sean P

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Christian Man wrote:
Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is NO God? No, you cannot, no more than a Christian can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there IS a God. There is only evidence suggesting it. Based on that evidence, I made the decision to believe, and it has made all the difference in the world in my personal life.
Can you prove the Zeus, Neptune, Pluto, Apollo, and Athena don't exist? Using your rationale you must believe in them too. Oh, and you must believe in the Hindu gods Bhagav&#257;n, Brahm&#257;, Vishnu, and Shiva since you can't disprove them either. We are all atheists, some of us just take it one god further.
John Coffey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sean P wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove the Zeus, Neptune, Pluto, Apollo, and Athena don't exist? Using your rationale you must believe in them too. Oh, and you must believe in the Hindu gods Bhagav&#257;n, Brahm&#257;, Vishnu, and Shiva since you can't disprove them either. We are all atheists, some of us just take it one god further.
nice try but your post makes no sense... i believe in the chirstian god... the god of the bible... the heavenly father of jesus christ... and in doing so i don't have to believe in any other god and i don't... and it's a belief... just as an atheist believes there is no god... so all are not atheist... try again... see the question was to prove there is no god... have you done that... nope... and i don't have to because i believe there is a god... so prove there isn't one... because you sure didn't with your post...
John Coffey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 7, 2007
 

Judged:

1

1

1

bkwrd_dog wrote:
<quoted text>
If you define exactly what you mean by "God" then it might be possible to disprove it. Logical inconsistencies in the definition for example.
Being both omniscient and omnipotent are not compatible. It could not both know the future and be able to change the future. Therefore that god does not exist.
So…. Please feel free to define your god.
the god of the bible doesn't change the future even though he knows it...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of7,212
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

574 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Sheilaa 109,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,764
why are most gay white and latino men bias agai... (Aug '13) 10 min cpg2707 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Dr_Zorderz 250,345
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min No Shiite 216,679
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min Toby 89,495
Gay Snapchat Names 40 min Snapchat me 1,315
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 511,919
•••
•••
•••