__________and to you guys that talk about pride and all that, aren't you being racist yourselves?(whites)
Well, the social construct of "Whiteness" has just adapted to the changing times. That is all.
From 1965 till now.---- Whiteness & White supremacy have changed a bit on the surface. But, Whiteness & White supremacy have remained the exact, same, such as what it has been for over 400 years.
1965.---- The Immigration and Nationality Act being crafted & passed.-----
One of the main reasons for the crafting & passing of this Act was "racial".
When this Act was crafted & passed, it was in 1965. 1965 was a year which was at the height of the 1960s African American Civil Rights Movement.
The Immigration and Nationality Act was mainly crafted & passed because of these reasons.----
1. To bring foreign born immigrants of color into the United States.
2. These foreign born immigrants of color will undercut, phase out & displace many African American (Descendants of black American slaves) workers.
3. This will create many strains upon the African American family "unit".
4. This will create many strains in the African American "community".
5. This will also take a lot of momentum out of the 1960s African American Civil Rights Movement.