What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#34221 Nov 11, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you blind LIAR
Anger?

ROTFLMAO

I rest my case.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#34224 Nov 11, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of me is nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas
These three papyrus fragments of Thomas date to between 130 and 250. Prior to the Nag Hammadi library discovery, the sayings of Jesus found in Oxyrhynchus were known simply as Logia Iesu.
Below is a comparison of writings this site used:
Thomas 8 SV. And Jesus said, "The person is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of little fish. Among them the wise fisherman discovered a fine large fish. He threw all the little fish back into the sea, and easily chose the large fish. Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!"
Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You think the first is true, I believe the second. You have your god and jeesus and I have mine.
Oh I see, you want to now base age upon fragments found. Gotcha.

Copies of copies have been the biggest factor in negating the NT. And since you don't have any complete NT Bibles, except for two 4th century editions, your argument is really invalid.

Why do you believe men?

Location hidden

#34225 Nov 11, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion of me is nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas
These three papyrus fragments of Thomas date to between 130 and 250. Prior to the Nag Hammadi library discovery, the sayings of Jesus found in Oxyrhynchus were known simply as Logia Iesu.
Below is a comparison of writings this site used:
Thomas 8 SV. And Jesus said, "The person is like a wise fisherman who cast his net into the sea and drew it up from the sea full of little fish. Among them the wise fisherman discovered a fine large fish. He threw all the little fish back into the sea, and easily chose the large fish. Anyone here with two good ears had better listen!"
Matthew 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
You think the first is true, I believe the second. You have your god and jeesus and I have mine.
To each his own right? Grimm's Fairy Tales works fine for many.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34226 Nov 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see, you want to now base age upon fragments found. Gotcha.
Copies of copies have been the biggest factor in negating the NT. And since you don't ha
ve any complete NT Bibles, except for two 4th century editions, your argument is really invalid.
Why do you believe men?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscr...

Parts of the New Testament have been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34227 Nov 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
To each his own right? Grimm's Fairy Tales works fine for many.
Yeah. To each his own.

Location hidden

#34228 Nov 11, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. To each his own.
Are Grimm's Fairy Tales true or a lie?

Location hidden

#34229 Nov 11, 2013
Is Little Red Ridding Hood true?

http://www.worldoftales.com/fairy_tales/Broth... [LITTLE%20RED%20RIDING%20HOOD] .html

Is it true or false that often there are wolves in sheep's clothing?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#34230 Nov 11, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_manuscr...
Parts of the New Testament have been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work.
It doesn't mean that they are from the 1st century.

Your assertion also seems to imply that the are in the same written form as when they were first porduced, which is in error as well.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34234 Nov 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Grimm's Fairy Tales true or a lie?
Fiction.

Location hidden

#34235 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Fiction.
Is fiction true or a lie?

Much of the Bible is fiction. Is the Bible a book of lies?

Location hidden

#34236 Nov 12, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your Grimm's Fairy Tales are true only for you and scums like you,
you little angry pimpus
Are you MAD bro?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34237 Nov 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Is fiction true or a lie?
Much of the Bible is fiction. Is the Bible a book of lies?
The definition of fiction is as follows. If you have created a new definition, then only you can answer your question.

fic·tion

1.Prose literature, esp. short stories and novels, about imaginary events and people.
2.Invention or fabrication as opposed to fact.

figment - invention - fabrication

Likening the scriptures to a fairy tale is absurd. Your truth is not of faith or the Holy Spirit, just imagination.

Location hidden

#34238 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of fiction is as follows. If you have created a new definition, then only you can answer your question.
fic·tion
1.Prose literature, esp. short stories and novels, about imaginary events and people.
2.Invention or fabrication as opposed to fact.
figment - invention - fabrication
Likening the scriptures to a fairy tale is absurd. Your truth is not of faith or the Holy Spirit, just imagination.
Thank you. The Bible is full of imaginary events. It the Bible a lie?

Much of the Bible is a fairy tale. The comparison stands. What you believe is irrelevant. You can't even prove that God exists can you.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34239 Nov 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. The Bible is full of imaginary events. It the Bible a lie?
Much of the Bible is a fairy tale. The comparison stands. What you believe is irrelevant. You can't even prove that God exists can you.
What you believe is also irrelivant to me. One moment you say you believe the all Bible then you say much of it is fiction. Your doctrine is made of nonsense only you can understand.

I can't prove God or Jesus existed. I don't believe I need to prove it.

Location hidden

#34240 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What you believe is also irrelivant to me. One moment you say you believe the all Bible then you say much of it is fiction. Your doctrine is made of nonsense only you can understand.
You don't need to prove anything much less that the Bible is factual either. Your God is too small my friend.

Location hidden

#34241 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't favor doctrines.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34242 Nov 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to prove anything much less that the Bible is factual either. Your God is too small my friend.
You don't know who my God is. I know He is not limited because you say He is.

I know the god you serve cannot provide the spiritual world you imagine for yourself.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34243 Nov 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't favor doctrines.
It's obvious you don't know what doctrine means. You have one. It may be forever changing, but you have one.

Location hidden

#34244 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know who my God is. I know He is not limited because you say He is.
I know the god you serve cannot provide the spiritual world you imagine for yourself.
You make claims but tell me this, how do you know either?

Location hidden

#34245 Nov 12, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you don't know what doctrine means. You have one. It may be forever changing, but you have one.
Doctrine: n
1. a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government: Catholic doctrines; the Monroe Doctrine.

2. something that is taught; teachings collectively: religious doctrine.

3. a body or system of teachings relating to a particular subject: the doctrine of the Catholic Church.

Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English

Why should I blindly accept what others teach? Why should I believe that which has no verifiable proof or non-ontological evidence of it's existence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Scaritual 88,470
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min truth 665,573
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 10 min Peter Ross 669
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min X Pendable 284,678
I LOVE you, Ewa M S 21 min Doctor REALITY 5
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 30 min Twizzler937 33
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min bad bob 184,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web