What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34136 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth has nothing to do with things which are factual. Sodom and Gomorrah never actually existed. They have never been located. You are mistaken. Those so called finds are nothing more than wishful thinking. Geologists trump phony archaeologists every time.
They all trump you. Get over sodom, who cares?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#34137 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother. You'll never convince me that the Bible is not the Word of God.
Of course not, you'd ratehr believe without researching.

Typical of so-called "Christians".

IMO - it seems that you and others are just afraid to admit failure and scared that you will lose your "faith".

Quite odd actually, in that you act this way.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#34138 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to prove anything to you. You can stop waiting now.
So you rest your case with a lie.

GREAT!!!

I win.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34139 Nov 8, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that you post this, considering you as a "Christian" should be believing that the Earth is only 6000 years old.
I can give you scientific evidence that the Black Sea overflowed and caused a regional flood.
I could also state were Mt Aetna - about 8000 years ago - caused a massive tsunami in the Mediterranean.
Some could even attribute these floods to polar ice melting (Northern Hemisphere) after the last Ice Age occurred about 10K-13K years ago.
If you think flooding attributes occurred world wide, lets see you post data for the middle region of the Earth - around the Equator as well as the Southern Hemisphere. Just posting northern details, is not completing the story, buit in fact, scooting around the story just to show you "think" you have the answers.
Wanna try again?
Earth only 6,000 years old? That is your opinion of what people think. Scripture says otherwise. Neither you or WW can know what scriptures I'm talking about.

Albuquerque, NM

#34140 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of regional flooding? Do you mean recent flooding or at a time nobody can really pinpoint?
No. Do you have evidence proving the Genesis account is not true?
Do we have to keep doing this can you prove it? You are fully aware that there is no tangible evidence ....yet.
For me it is the faith thing the scriptures talk about. Something probably not found in the gnostics.
I've shown you where the Sumerians story is older than the Genesis account.

Here is the wikipedia link to show you that your "evidence" clearly shows an association to what I have stated. Which would mean that you are incorrect in your learning of what had happened - as related to the "great flood".

But you are so brainwashed by some people, you can't accept the facts for what they are, and have to keep on believing in a lie.

Have you been so blinded by men you fail to use facts, logic and reason?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34141 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you rest your case with a lie.
GREAT!!!
I win.
No, you are a liar with your cult beliefs. If that is a win for you, please take it.

Albuquerque, NM

#34142 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence of regional flooding? Do you mean recent flooding or at a time nobody can really pinpoint?
No. Do you have evidence proving the Genesis account is not true?
Do we have to keep doing this can you prove it? You are fully aware that there is no tangible evidence ....yet.
For me it is the faith thing the scriptures talk about. Something probably not found in the gnostics.
FYI - facts trump faith.

Capice?

Albuquerque, NM

#34143 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth has nothing to do with things which are factual. Sodom and Gomorrah never actually existed. They have never been located. You are mistaken. Those so called finds are nothing more than wishful thinking. Geologists trump phony archaeologists every time.
If he had conducted a simple wikipedia read of S&G, he would have come to this citation:

If the cities actually existed, they might have been destroyed as the result of a natural disaster. Geologists believe that no volcanic activity occurred within 4,000 years.[citation needed] Others claim that the Dead Sea was devastated by an earthquake between 2100 and 1900 BC, which could have unleashed showers of steaming tar.[15] It is possible that the towns were destroyed by an earthquake in the region, especially if the towns lay along a major fault, the Jordan Rift Valley. However, there is a lack of contemporary accounts of seismic activity within the necessary timeframe to corroborate this theory.[16]

Possible candidates for Sodom or Gomorrah are the sites discovered or visited by Walter E. Rast and R. Thomas Schaub in 1973, including Bab edh-Dhra, which was originally excavated in 1965 by archaeologist Paul Lapp, only to have his work continued by Rast and Schaub following his death by accidental drowning in the waters off of Cyprus in 1970. Other possibilities also include Numeira, es-Safi, Feifeh and Khanazir, which were also visited by Schaub and Rast. All sites were located near the Dead Sea, with evidence of burning and traces of sulfur.[17][18] However, according to Schaub, who dug at Bab edh-Dhra, Numeira was destroyed (2600 BC) at a different time period from Bab edh-Dhra (2350–2067 BC).[19] Archaeological remains excavated from Bab edh-Dhra are currently displayed in Karak Archaeological Museum (Karak Castle), Amman Citadel Museum, and the British Museum.

Another possible candidate for Sodom is the Tall el-Hammam dig site which began in 2006 under the direction of Steven Collins. Tall el-Hammam is located in the southern Jordan river valley approximately 14 kilometers Northeast of the Dead Sea, and seemingly fitting the Bible descriptions of the lands of Sodom.[20] The ongoing dig is a result of joint cooperation between Trinity Southwest University (an unaccredited institution) and the Department of Antiquities of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.[21] The site is 36 hectares, while the footprint size of general settlement extends beyond this—well over 40 hectares. This size puts Tall el-Hammam as one of the largest Middle Bronze Age sites that has been discovered in Jordan. Analysis of the findings indicates that the site was occupied from the Chalcolithic period on up to the Iron Age (however there may likely be period gaps as well (i.e., Late Bronze Period is missing), along with evidences of glazed artifacts—such as pottery and rocks, and destruction).[22] The researchers claim to have discovered an ash layer containing human bone fragments, which they claim indicates a cataclysmic and sudden end to the civilization in this area. It is also evident that the area was not occupied for several centuries afterward. In addition there is evidence of Hellenistic, Eastern Roman, and Byzantine occupation[23] on the site.[24][25] Professor Eugene H. Merrill believes that the identification of Tall el-Hamman with Sodom would require an unacceptable restructuring of the biblical chronology.[26][27][28]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodom_and_Gomorr...

...showing how much he is wrong in his thinking.

But what can we expect from someone who only believes what men have presented him.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34144 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nah - just restating facts that others produced through research.
I know, its tough to accept facts that causes people to look at their own theology to see if it applies, which could cause one to dis-believe.
I know....the dismay is tough to get past.
Wallowing in lies and trying to escape them is quite hard to do.
I understand your dilemma whole-heartedly.
Your self righteous pompous posts are funny. The tuth is I will not read your very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng post that you cut and paste. Based on what? Your claim that the Bible is based on the Sumarian cuneiform.

The only one wallowing is you in your gnostic cult. You don't strike fear in anyone.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34145 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
FYI - facts trump faith.
Capice?
Only in your world.

Location hidden

#34146 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth only 6,000 years old? That is your opinion of what people think. Scripture says otherwise. Neither you or WW can know what scriptures I'm talking about.
Hey there. I thought you were claiming the Bible to be factual. If so, then the earth would only be around 6,000 years old.

Here is what Bible historians say.

In his famous work The Annals of the World, Ussher used the Masoretic text of the Bible to come up with fairly precise dates for people and events mentioned in the Bible. His calculations led him to determine that God created the universe on 23 October, 4004 BC.

Other Bible historians and scholars always come up with a date not far from Ussher's, because even if you use slightly different methods for determining Bible chronology, you can't get away from the fact that the Bible will point you to a date of creation about 6000 years ago.

http://www.creationtips.com/earthsage.html

This Bible Timeline research concludes that the "first day" of Creation Week starts on the Gregorian calendar on Sunday October 21, 4101 BC at 6:00 p.m. in what is now Israel. This exact moment in time starts Monday October 14 - Creation Day One in 4115 BC on a Jewish Hebrew 364-Day “sacred” calendar. This 364-Day calendar is called “sacred” because it is totally derived from the numbered years in the text of Scripture. In October of 2012, the real age of the earth is 6,012 solar years according to the Bible. The Biblical text clearly states there are 4,096 solar years from Creation Week in 4101 BC until the birth of Jesus in 5 BC.

http://www.bibletimeline.org/

Most current estimates based on a literal interpretation of the Bible, and in particular the belief that the Hebrew word "yom" in Genesis refers to a 24 hour day, cluster around 6,000 years ± 2,000 years for both the age of the Earth and of the rest of the universe. These estimates are promoted by young-Earth creationists, and by the vast majority of Christian para-church organizations that specialize in origins. However, in 1738, De Vignoles stated that he had found no fewer than 200 estimates of the date of creation, all based upon various diverse interpretations of the Bible.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_date.htm #

Are you changing your tune now? Truth and fact can be different things?

Location hidden

#34147 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
If he had conducted a simple wikipedia read of S&G, he would have come to this citation:
If the cities actually existed, they might have been destroyed as the result of a natural disaster. Geologists believe that no volcanic activity occurred within 4,000 years.[citation needed] Others claim that the Dead Sea was devastated by an earthquake between 2100 and 1900 BC, which could have unleashed showers of steaming tar.[15] It is possible that the towns were destroyed by an earthquake in the region, especially if the towns lay along a major fault, the Jordan Rift Valley. However, there is a lack of contemporary accounts of seismic activity within the necessary timeframe to corroborate this theory.[16]
Possible candidates for Sodom or Gomorrah are the sites discovered or visited by Walter E. Rast and R. Thomas Schaub in 1973, including Bab edh-Dhra, which was originally excavated in 1965 by archaeologist Paul Lapp, only to have his work continued by Rast and Schaub following his death by accidental drowning in the waters off of Cyprus in 1970. Other possibilities also include Numeira, es-Safi, Feifeh and Khanazir, which were also visited by Schaub and Rast. All sites were located near the Dead Sea, with evidence of burning and traces of sulfur.[17][18] However, according to Schaub, who dug at Bab edh-Dhra, Numeira was destroyed (2600 BC) at a different time period from Bab edh-Dhra (2350–2067 BC).[19] Archaeological remains excavated from Bab edh-Dhra are currently displayed in Karak Archaeological Museum (Karak Castle), Amman Citadel Museum, and the British Museum.
Another possible candidate for Sodom is the Tall el-Hammam dig site which began in 2006 under the direction of Steven Collins. Tall el-Hammam is located in the southern Jordan river valley approximately 14 kilometers Northeast of the Dead Sea, and seemingly fitting the Bible descriptions of the lands of Sodom.[20] The ongoing dig is a result of joint cooperation between Trinity Southwest University (an unaccredited institution) and the Department of Antiquities of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.[21] The site is 36 hectares, while the footprint size of general settlement extends beyond this—well over 40 hectares. This size puts Tall el-Hammam as one of the largest Middle Bronze Age sites that has been discovered in Jordan. Analysis of the findings indicates that the site was occupied from the Chalcolithic period on up to the Iron Age (however there may likely be period gaps as well (i.e., Late Bronze Period is missing), along with evidences of glazed artifacts—such as pottery and rocks, and destruction).[22] The researchers claim to have discovered an ash layer containing human bone fragments, which they claim indicates a cataclysmic and sudden end to the civilization in this area. It is also evident that the area was not occupied for several centuries afterward. In addition there is evidence of Hellenistic, Eastern Roman, and Byzantine occupation[23] on the site.[24][25] Professor Eugene H. Merrill believes that the identification of Tall el-Hamman with Sodom would require an unacceptable restructuring of the biblical chronology.[26][27][28]
But what can we expect from someone who only believes what men have presented him.
There is a great deal of speculation but nothing conclusive.

Location hidden

#34148 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are a liar with your cult beliefs. If that is a win for you, please take it.
What imaginary cult beliefs would those be my friend?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34149 Nov 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Didn't men just present this to you. Why don't you look at something written more recently.

I don't believe the scriptures because of discoveries and I won't stop believing if there were no discoveries. It doesn't move me either way.

Albuquerque, NM

#34150 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Your self righteous pompous posts are funny. The tuth is I will not read your very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng post that you cut and paste. Based on what? Your claim that the Bible is based on the Sumarian cuneiform.
No - that is not what I've stated. The Bible's has story origins with Sumerian stories.

Please stay focussed and don't twist my words around to fit your own feeble belief.
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one wallowing is you in your gnostic cult. You don't strike fear in anyone.
I don't intend to strike fear into anyone. I'm just trying to help people overcome a false belief that they follow, because they have troubles understanding facts.

Albuquerque, NM

#34151 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your world.
No - in this world.

Albuquerque, NM

#34152 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - there isn't any "scripture" that states a date the Earth was created.

Please post the passage that has "God" stating the age of the Earth.

And since you seem to beleive the Earth is not 6K yrs old, how old do you credit it being?

Albuquerque, NM

#34153 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a great deal of speculation but nothing conclusive.
Oh - I agree - S & G have not been discovered yet.

Archeological sites that "may" be these locations, is all that we have to date.

Albuquerque, NM

#34154 Nov 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't men just present this to you. Why don't you look at something written more recently.
I don't believe the scriptures because of discoveries and I won't stop believing if there were no discoveries. It doesn't move me either way.
Of course it doesn't. I can see you are very happy being ignorant.

Location hidden

#34158 Nov 8, 2013
boo doo doo wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTED LINKS FROM JEWISH SYNAGOUGE
isn't truth,
bile scholars are fakes,based on preducial bias,antichristians,and half head-half atheists half believers
still big bang have activation in their brains and yours too,because you trust them,those BS of man,instead put trust in God
La la la la la

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 3 min Tony 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min WildWeirdWillie 184,239
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min bagittagit 99,540
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Rosesz 670,146
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 57 min nanoanomaly 980,036
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,134
____*Historic POPE - ISRAEL Meeting MARCH 2017____ 2 hr YTubeNews 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr AussieBobby 286,431
More from around the web