What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34093 Nov 7, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No. If you stop diverting, then I will stop saying you are. You can stay focussed, right? Or do you need your "God" to help you with that too?
Self.
<quoted text>
No, I don't. I don't expect anything from you, except honesty, and it seems you are void of that when it comes to blatant truths about the Bible.
I never stated I was any standard for truth.
I'm just going by what you say....
"I believe in Jesus." But You can't admit you only believe in a portion of Jesus.
"I believe the Bible is the Word of God." But you can't post the specific statements BY "GOD" that clearly and explicitly states which texts are from "Him" and which are not. All you have was post "all scripture", yet you refuse to accept non-canonical scripture.
You are a fraud with just these two criterias.
Get over it - you aren't any more a so-called "Christian" as the "shrink" is. You are more aligned with a parrot and someone gullible enough to believe men over Jesus.
<quoted text>
You have no proof of this, anymore than you do that "Paul" wrote all of "his letters".
<quoted text>
Actually no again. I don't follow any 'cult' in or out of Christianity. Please stop making things up about me "Christian". It actually shows how deceptive you are.
Still no proof that the Bible was copied from Sumarian texts like you said. Talk about diversion.

There is enough proof for me that the gnostics were written after the death of the apostles, by men who twisted scripture to make it fit them. Typical cult behavior. Nothing you can say will change that.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#34094 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof that the Bible was copied from Sumarian texts like you said. Talk about diversion.
There is enough proof for me that the gnostics were written after the death of the apostles, by men who twisted scripture to make it fit them. Typical cult behavior. Nothing you can say will change that.
Do you find it a need to twist the words around?

I didn't say anythign about "copying" the stories from the Sumerian texts, I suggested that they were used in some extent (oral tradition) and then written in a new story to "justify" Judaism.

You can argue the history all day long, it won't change the fact that the Sumerian myths are older and a direct correlation to the Bible stories.

You can accept it or not, but with you not accepting it, only shows your refusal to understand Earth's history.

Albuquerque, NM

#34095 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'll just keep posting references to the stories and how they apply to the Bible.

VII. I've heard there are Biblical parallels in Babylonian literature. What are they anyway?
Genesis: Creation of the universe
Ps:74:12-17 - YHWH vs. Leviathan; Marduk vs Tiamat. In the Enuma Elish, tablet IV, Marduk defeats the ocean goddess, Tiamat who is often depicted as a multi-headed dragon. He splits her apart, as YHWH splits apart the sea in Ps 74:13. He crushes her skull as YHWH crushes the skulls of the monster Leviathan in Ps 74:13-14. In tablet V, Marduk causes the crescent moon to appear, creates the seasons, the night and day, and creates springs from Tiamat's eyes, to form the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, as YHWH does in Ps 74:15-17 (Hooke p.106, Dalley pp.253-257)
Creation of humans.

Fall of man.
Adapa was the first "apkallu" (sage/priest), not the first man or first patriarch. He was given wisdom (knowledge of good and evil?) but not immortality. When in heaven (sent there for having broken the South Wind's wing), he is offered bread and water of eternal life. He refuses it, however having been tricked by Ea (in serpent role?) stating that he would be offered the bread and water of death instead.(Dalley pp. 182-188) In other references to the seven apkallu, he is the counsellor paired with the first anteluvian king on the Sumerian king lists (Dalley p. 328), Alulim - not Alulim himself, who was Adam's analog in patriarchal order.

Tower of Babel

As with the Sumerians, the most striking Biblical parallel within Akkadian myth is in the story of the flood. For the Babylonian account, see the entries on Atrahasis and Utnapishtim above.

Exodus - According to legend, Sargon was left in a basket in the Euphrates as an infant and "rose 'from an ark of bulrushes'" (Oppenheim, Ancient Mesopotamia p. 101). His adoptive father was a "laborer in a palm garden who spotted the basket containing the remarkable child" (Crawford p. 42) Sargon was originally the cupbearer to a king (Ur-Zababa) before achieving leadership on his own.(Crawford p. 25)

Weeping for Tammuz and the month of Tammuz.

http://home.comcast.net/~chris.s/sumer-faq.ht...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#34096 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
So your jeesu referred to something rightly for you? Did he make you proud?
The operative word is find. Scientists suggest theory, not law, to the FIND.
You have to be delusional if you think Archelogy is not a science. They don't just dig because they like playing in the dirt and they don't just accept somebody's explanation of a find.
You link on asteroid collisions seemed to agree.

What scientists? Do all archaeologists actually follow the scientific method?

The Oxford English Dictionary defines the scientific method as: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[3]

Suppose a group goes into the desert and photographs what they think are walls and ruins? Real geological experts disagree and say the formations are natural. Who is correct? Who has more experience? Nothing tangible has been found relative to Sodom and Gomorrah. I would say the latter are scientists, the former are posers.

Location hidden

#34097 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if you believe someones THEORY that surrounds a discovery.
Jesus had something to say about Sodom and Gomorrah. Wouldn't expect you to know what He said. You have no problem with making things up as you go. Now you want me to believe you know more than the scientists. Funny.
No, I want you to read the Bible. I want you to compare and contrast Genesis 19 and Judges 19. Then pray to God while you reflect on the scripture. It has nothing to do with science.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34098 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess I'll just keep posting references to the stories and how they apply to the Bible.
VII. I've heard there are Biblical parallels in Babylonian literature. What are they anyway?
Genesis: Creation of the universe
Ps:74:12-17 - YHWH vs. Leviathan; Marduk vs Tiamat. In the Enuma Elish, tablet IV, Marduk defeats the ocean goddess, Tiamat who is often depicted as a multi-headed dragon. He splits her apart, as YHWH splits apart the sea in Ps 74:13. He crushes her skull as YHWH crushes the skulls of the monster Leviathan in Ps 74:13-14. In tablet V, Marduk causes the crescent moon to appear, creates the seasons, the night and day, and creates springs from Tiamat's eyes, to form the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, as YHWH does in Ps 74:15-17 (Hooke p.106, Dalley pp.253-257)
Creation of humans.
Fall of man.
Adapa was the first "apkallu" (sage/priest), not the first man or first patriarch. He was given wisdom (knowledge of good and evil?) but not immortality. When in heaven (sent there for having broken the South Wind's wing), he is offered bread and water of eternal life. He refuses it, however having been tricked by Ea (in serpent role?) stating that he would be offered the bread and water of death instead.(Dalley pp. 182-188) In other references to the seven apkallu, he is the counsellor paired with the first anteluvian king on the Sumerian king lists (Dalley p. 328), Alulim - not Alulim himself, who was Adam's analog in patriarchal order.
Tower of Babel
As with the Sumerians, the most striking Biblical parallel within Akkadian myth is in the story of the flood. For the Babylonian account, see the entries on Atrahasis and Utnapishtim above.
Exodus - According to legend, Sargon was left in a basket in the Euphrates as an infant and "rose 'from an ark of bulrushes'" (Oppenheim, Ancient Mesopotamia p. 101). His adoptive father was a "laborer in a palm garden who spotted the basket containing the remarkable child" (Crawford p. 42) Sargon was originally the cupbearer to a king (Ur-Zababa) before achieving leadership on his own.(Crawford p. 25)
Weeping for Tammuz and the month of Tammuz.
http://home.comcast.net/~chris.s/sumer-faq.ht...
The flood was world wide. Why wouldn't people in different locations have different experiences?
Doesn't mean the writers believed in the same God.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34099 Nov 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I want you to read the Bible. I want you to compare and contrast Genesis 19 and Judges 19. Then pray to God while you reflect on the scripture. It has nothing to do with science.
I think it's you who needs to pray and read. I'm not the one that picks and chooses what is true in scripture and what isn't.

Reflect on this. We were talking about the science of archeology.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#34100 Nov 7, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You link on asteroid collisions seemed to agree.
What scientists? Do all archaeologists actually follow the scientific method?
The Oxford English Dictionary defines the scientific method as: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."[3]
Suppose a group goes into the desert and photographs what they think are walls and ruins? Real geological experts disagree and say the formations are natural. Who is correct? Who has more experience? Nothing tangible has been found relative to Sodom and Gomorrah. I would say the latter are scientists, the former are posers.
You are acting like a dolt again. There are museums all over the world that display and otherwise contain relics discovered by acheologists.

Why would anyone want to fool themselves like you do? I enjoy seeing parts of the past. Biblical and not. I don't need discoveries, which is why they dig, to know the scriptures are true.

In case you don't know. The Bible is an excellent source of information to archeologists. It descrbes locations, cities, cultures, rulers and much more.

Location hidden

#34102 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's you who needs to pray and read. I'm not the one that picks and chooses what is true in scripture and what isn't.
Yes you do.

Biblical archaeology pretty much fails to meet the criteria of scientific method.

Location hidden

#34103 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You are acting like a dolt again. There are museums all over the world that display and otherwise contain relics discovered by acheologists.
Why would anyone want to fool themselves like you do? I enjoy seeing parts of the past. Biblical and not. I don't need discoveries, which is why they dig, to know the scriptures are true.
In case you don't know. The Bible is an excellent source of information to archeologists. It descrbes locations, cities, cultures, rulers and much more.
If you are speaking of the Lost Scrolls I would agree.

Like I said, the Bible is all true, some of it actually happened. The Bible is not a book of science by any means. There is not a shred of evidence that Sodom and Gomorrah ever existed, only sketchy theories.

Location hidden

#34104 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean this?

Archaeological science, also known as archaeometry, consists of the application of scientific techniques to the analysis of archaeological materials. Archaeometry is now considered its own scientific field. The UK's Natural and Environmental Research Council provides funding for archaeometry separate from the funding provided for archaeology.[1] Archaeological science involves dating and studying ancient materials.

Archaeology, in and of itself, is not science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeological_s...

Albuquerque, NM

#34105 Nov 7, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The flood was world wide. Why wouldn't people in different locations have different experiences?
Doesn't mean the writers believed in the same God.
Although there is evidence of regional flooding that has occurred in the world in different places worldwide, there is no evidence of a world-wide flood.

Are you going to present physical evidence to substantiate a world-wide flood?

Albuquerque, NM

#34106 Nov 7, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sumerians stole stories about true Genesis relation,they erazed Jewish True genesis,and plant own fake genesis still active inside of empty stupid brains like yours.
your enki cause great fart-Big Bang 3 trillion years ago,still active inside of your stupid pro sumerian brain,
you should know,that your DNA is contaminated by sperm of chatta,
and today you are one of the (Chatta im) seeds.
You really don't read anything other than the Bible - it is evident in your posts.

No shrink, the Sumerian culture was established well before any Judaism culture came on the scene.

Pay attention now - Abraham come from Ur in Sumer.

Got it? Good.

Now go back an sit down and wallow in your farting and let the adults talk for a little while.

Location hidden

#34107 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Although there is evidence of regional flooding that has occurred in the world in different places worldwide, there is no evidence of a world-wide flood.
Are you going to present physical evidence to substantiate a world-wide flood?
The Bible says the waters covered the highest mountain. Assuming the flood to be within Biblical time of the last fewer than 10,000 years, We also know this by the fact that Mt. Ararat is mentioned in the Bible but is a relatively new formation. If we took all the water in the entire biosphere, we would raise the water by around one meter, which is a long way from covering Mt. Ararat at around 16,000'. There isn't enough water. Science tells us the flood is a myth.

Location hidden

#34108 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text>
You really don't read anything other than the Bible - it is evident in your posts.
No shrink, the Sumerian culture was established well before any Judaism culture came on the scene.
Pay attention now - Abraham come from Ur in Sumer.
Got it? Good.
Now go back an sit down and wallow in your farting and let the adults talk for a little while.
The Sumerian culture was the first civilization in the Middle East and also the establishment of great cities. This is where the Bible actually starts according to the Biblical time line established by scriptural text.

Albuquerque, NM

#34109 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sumerian culture was the first civilization in the Middle East and also the establishment of great cities. This is where the Bible actually starts according to the Biblical time line established by scriptural text.
Thansk for responding WW - I know.

Unfortunately, shrink and others are so insistant that their version is accurate, they fail to research the information before spouting off the "accuracy" of the information.

These instances are prime examples of how misinformed some people really are.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#34110 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not. Scriptures are written by men. You insult the creative force and the authors with this idea. What are they? God's stenographers? Really?
What does the Son of Man mean to you? Use your own words and ideas. I'm not interested in links. If you can't talk about it in your own words, then you have no grasp of the material.
He is called the "Son of God" referring to his divine nature and "Son of Man referring to His humanity.(Matt. 22:41-45)

He was ALL God and ALL human simultaneously (fully God and fully man).(1 John 1:1 & 1 John 1:14)

(Phil 2:6-8, 1 Tim 2.5)

The Greek term Jesus used was "anthropos", meaning "Son of Mankind" not "aneer" meaning he was the son of a specific man. Identifying Himself in this manner, as Ezekiel did, He is wanting all mankind to understand that He, like Ezekiel, was a fellow sufferer with captive Israel.(Isaiah 53:4)

Jesus, as a human, was a creature of time and place with the same emotions, frailties and limitations as us. He offered that humanity and flesh for us. Today, He is the only one qualified to intercede and mediate for mankind (see Hebrews).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#34111 Nov 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is all knowing and all seeing, the Alpha and the Omega, then I have no free will. It is all predetermined.
Did you have the choice to type that statement, or not?

Location hidden

#34113 Nov 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
He is called the "Son of God" referring to his divine nature and "Son of Man referring to His humanity.(Matt. 22:41-45)
He was ALL God and ALL human simultaneously (fully God and fully man).(1 John 1:1 & 1 John 1:14)
(Phil 2:6-8, 1 Tim 2.5)
The Greek term Jesus used was "anthropos", meaning "Son of Mankind" not "aneer" meaning he was the son of a specific man. Identifying Himself in this manner, as Ezekiel did, He is wanting all mankind to understand that He, like Ezekiel, was a fellow sufferer with captive Israel.(Isaiah 53:4)
Jesus, as a human, was a creature of time and place with the same emotions, frailties and limitations as us. He offered that humanity and flesh for us. Today, He is the only one qualified to intercede and mediate for mankind (see Hebrews).
Correct.

According to the Bible writers. Is it possible to really know using readily available, non-ontological evidence?

Location hidden

#34114 Nov 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have the choice to type that statement, or not?
No, God told me to write it. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Future of Politics in America 12 min truth 297
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min Aussie Kev 3,397
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 31 min Seentheotherside 277
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min X Pendable 184,801
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Seentheotherside 665,588
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 51 min Johnny 1,258
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr truth 694
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr crucifiedguy 284,690
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 977,502
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Aura Mytha 88,487
More from around the web