“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#34041 Nov 5, 2013
Not Of This World Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
How enlightening. LOL!
Good that you see it this way, it was intended to be such.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34044 Nov 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We all bring our beliefs and prejudices to the table.
Scripture contradicts itself on these matters. It remains a paternal system from the Bronze Age.
The genealogy is also myth. Man has been around for at least 100,000 years.
If we take that passage literally, it means certain death by Crucifixion to follow Christ. This is what happened to many in those times. It is perfectly true and correct.
Show one contradiction. People say that but can never back it up.

The scripture does not mean certain death by crucifiction if you follow Christ. The other disciples/apostles were not crucified. Using your logic that would mean they did not follow Christ.

Acts 13:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34045 Nov 5, 2013
Here is IMO, one of the most informative sites concerning archeologic finds in the Middle East.

http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/news...

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#34046 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Show one contradiction. People say that but can never back it up.
The scripture does not mean certain death by crucifiction if you follow Christ. The other disciples/apostles were not crucified. Using your logic that would mean they did not follow Christ.
Acts 13:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
Vengeful God vs. Loving God for starters bro.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34047 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
Here is IMO, one of the most informative sites concerning archeologic finds in the Middle East.
http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/news...
If you like self-serving nonsense it might be.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34048 Nov 5, 2013
Here are a few contradictions in the Gospels.
Gospel Contradictions:
1) How many generations were there between Abraham to David? Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations. Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations.
2) Is Paul lying? In Acts 20:35 Paul told people "to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said,'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Since Jesus never made such a biblical statement, isnít Paul guilty of deception?
3) When did the leper become not a leper?(Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house.(Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peterís house.
4) Who approached Jesus?(Matthew 8:5-7) The Centurion approached Jesus, beseeching help for a sick servant.(Luke 7:3 & 7:6-7) The Centurion did not approach Jesus. He sent friends and elders of the Jews.
5) Was she dead or just dying?(Matthew 9:18) He asked for help, saying his daughter was already dead.(Luke 8:41-42) Jairus approached Jesus for help, because his daughter was dying.
6) Just what did Jesus instruct them to take?(Matthew 10:10) Jesus instructed them not to take a staff, not to wear sandals.(Mark 6:8-9) Jesus instructed his disciples to wear sandals and take a staff on their journey.
7) When did John find out Jesus was the Messiah?(Matthew 11:2-3) While imprisoned. John the Baptist sent followers to Jesus to inquire if Jesus was the messiah.(Luke 7:18-22) While imprisoned. John the Baptist sent followers to Jesus to inquire if Jesus was the Messiah.(John 1 :29-34,36) John already knew Jesus was the Messiah.
8) Who made the request?(Matthew 20:20-21) Their mother requested that James and John, Zebedeeís children, should sit beside Jesus in his Kingdom.(Mark 10:35-37) James and John, Zebedeeís children, requested that they should sit beside Jesus in his Kingdom.
9) What animals were brought to Jesus?(Matthew 21:2-7) two of the disciples brought Jesus an ass and a colt from the village of Bethphage.(Mark 11:2-7) They brought him only a colt.
10) When did the fig tree hear of its doom?(Matthew 21:17-19) Jesus cursed the fig tree after purging the temple.(Mark 11:14-15 & 20) He cursed it before the purging.
11) When did the fig tree keel?(Matthew 21:9) The fig tree withered immediately. and the disciples registered surprise then and there.(Mark 11:12-14 & 20) The morning after Jesus cursed the fig tree, the disciples noticed it had withered and expressed astonishment.
12) Was John the Baptist Elias? "This is Elias which was to come." Matthew 11:14 "And they asked him, what then? Art thou Elias? And he said I am not." John l:21
13) Who was the father of Joseph? Matthew 1:16 The father of Joseph was Jacob. Luke 3 :23 The father of Joseph was Heli. Christians shall try to LIE and tell you that one is the heritage of Mary and the other Joseph. This is utter bullshit, the Hebrew and Greek cultures NEVER regarded the bloodline of the mother. They were patriarchal societies which only concerned themselves with paternal lineage.
14) How many generations were there from the Babylon captivity to Christ? Matthew 1:17 Fourteen generations, Matthew 1:12-16 Thirteen generations.
15) Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt.
16) Matthew 5:1-2 Christ preached his first sermon on the mount. Luke 6:17 & 20 Christ preached his first sermon in the plain.
17) John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee. Mark 1:14 John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee. John 1:43 & 3:22-24
18) What was the nationality of the woman who besought Jesus? Matthew 15:22 "And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, Have mercy on me, 0 Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil." Mark 7:26 "The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation, and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter."
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34049 Nov 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like self-serving nonsense it might be.
It is you is self serving with nonsense. There is no room for truth in your mythilogicl world is there?

hertsman8

Luton, UK

#34051 Nov 5, 2013
1. cant you add up i just counted em
2. the bible clearly states that if all the words of jesus were written then there wouldn't be enough books in his time to record em
3.bible clearly talking about different things you quoted Mathew 8:13-14 and a leper but the scripture dont mention a leper at that point. can see you've obviously copied someone else false work and i cant be bothered correcting someone who is willing to call something fake without even checking it out for themselves. pearls before pigs...bye

“SINNER”

Since: Mar 11

Iron Sharpeneth Iron

#34052 Nov 5, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good that you see it this way, it was intended to be such.
I suppose you didn't realize that post was facetious? Narcissists have that issue, as you are definitely one.

Come back to YOUR thread Gary!!

{{{HUGS}}}

;*:*;

Scotts Valley, CA

#34053 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you is self serving with nonsense. There is no room for truth in your mythilogicl world is there?
I am familiar with those so called archaeologists. First they get funding from religious organizations seeking to make Biblical finds. They they go on an expedition looking for stuff. They photograph common geological formations claiming to have found walls and footing etc. Pure snake oil. What do you expect them to do? Come back empty handed?

Scotts Valley, CA

#34054 Nov 5, 2013
awsome dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
only inside of your dog created brain are many contradictions
3 different people with different background are not able to see same events souround life and miracles of Jesus
you are idiot,
you don't see,what I see,
but I see that your brain is made from dog brain, and inside seat your own mythological god and fart once a while
Ad hominem reply. We can all see you have no intelligent thoughts.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34055 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on the meaning of truth.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34058 Nov 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Here are a few contradictions in the Gospels.
Gospel Contradictions:
1) How many generations were there between Abraham to David? Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations. Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations.

Count them yourself. There are 14 generations.

2) Is Paul lying? In Acts 20:35 Paul told people "to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said,'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Since Jesus never made such a biblical statement, isnít Paul guilty of deception?

Jesus gave many teachings on giving. If you knew what Jesus said, you would see what Paul was saying. Paul is not guilty of deception. You are guilty of being ignorant of the scriptures.

3) When did the leper become not a leper?(Matthew 8:13 & 8:14) Jesus healed the leper before visiting the house.(Mark 1:29-30 & 1:40-42) Jesus healed the leper after visiting Simon Peterís house.

Matthew 8:16 Shows when they left Peter's house, Jesus healed the sick. Isn't a leper sick.

You should proof read what you cut and paste. Even better, try proofing the contradictions one way or the other for yourself.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34059 Nov 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree on the meaning of truth.
We also have a different God and Christ.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34060 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Count them yourself. There are 14 generations.
Jesus gave many teachings on giving. If you knew what Jesus said, you would see what Paul was saying. Paul is not guilty of deception. You are guilty of being ignorant of the scriptures.
Matthew 8:16 Shows when they left Peter's house, Jesus healed the sick. Isn't a leper sick.
You should proof read what you cut and paste. Even better, try proofing the contradictions one way or the other for yourself.
So one of the verses in Matthew lies doesn't it.

Paul often put words in Jesus Mouth. Paul is not Jesus.

The Bible is full of contradictions even if you attempt to rationalize them away.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34061 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many Gods are there? How about in the Bible? How many Gods exist in the Bible?

Scotts Valley, CA

#34062 Nov 5, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is the real one. You God doesn't exist. lol
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#34063 Nov 5, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I am familiar with those so called archaeologists. First they get funding from religious organizations seeking to make Biblical finds. They they go on an expedition looking for stuff. They photograph common geological formations claiming to have found walls and footing etc. Pure snake oil. What do you expect them to do? Come back empty handed?
You are so full of it. The site I posted only compiled the finds, they are not funding digs. There are archeologists all over the world. Archeology isn't something new. Get over yourself. There is no conspiracy to prove you wrong. The world goes on whether it fits into your beliefs or not.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34064 Nov 6, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of it. The site I posted only compiled the finds, they are not funding digs. There are archeologists all over the world. Archeology isn't something new. Get over yourself. There is no conspiracy to prove you wrong. The world goes on whether it fits into your beliefs or not.
They didn't find anything relevant too the Bible, especially when it comes to the Ark along with Sodom and Gomorrah. The world is around 4.5 billion years old. The worldwide flood never happened even if you with to believe it. Sodom and Gomorrah never actually existed.

Scotts Valley, CA

#34065 Nov 6, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The world goes on whether it fits into your beliefs or not.
Very true. Nice projection bro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 560,729
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Tide with Beach 779,169
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min Marlowe Super Dog 441,824
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Pegasus 265,582
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 59 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 175,792
Gay snapchat names 1 hr joe_n07 185
Are our soldiers traitors? 1 hr MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 605,384
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 8 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web