|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if just some things written in the Bible happened, then it's not myth. There have been many archeological finds in Israel since it became a nation again.
Not really. There is little factual stuff in the Bible.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you are no lying now, as you have admitted all that I've ever posted.
Men believing men. You don't follow "God", but a version of "God", and you probably aren't even Jewish.
You've lied about saying the Bible is all true and useful for all. I say you don't believe in some of the Deuteronomy laws.
Thus you've stated a false conclusion about the Bible emphatically. Unless you think people should allow rapists just to marry their daughters. Do you? And what about all the stoning to death clauses in similar passages? Do you condone and participate in those affairs?
Ya see UB - deceipt and distrust has already been uncovered on your side of the fence, and I've pointed it out to you. You are so entwined with this so called "religion", that you think fallible men can define an infallible entity/being.
You choose to believe it. Not me. And I will continue to state my opinion of it towards people like you openly and through honesty.
I'm not like you. One who hides behind the deception. I state the facts, those semantics you just want to brush under the rug.
You don't follow any "God". You follow men.
One does not need men to follow "God". But it seems you do.
So, if people believe the Bible, then we must condone rape and stoning? Too funny;

Your Jewish, Deut law is ramble, made no sense. Let me simplify. A person does not have to be Jewish, follow all the laws in Deut condone rape and stoning to believe the scriptures. Your requirements are just that, yours.

Call me whatever you feel. Don't care. Your self importance have led you down the trail scriptures say it would and it shows more and more.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I know you won't believe the scripture. I would not expect a you to. In fact, I would be surprised if you did.
The scriptures do not need your approval or need to meet any of your requirements to be true.

However, you jewish deut laws thing, well the whole post really; gave me a good laugh.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if people believe the Bible, then we must condone rape and stoning? Too funny;
Yes of course. If you believe all of the Bible as being God';s Word. Otherwise you are being selective about what you say you believe which means you don't believe that all the Bible is God's Word. Am I correct?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Bible True Jehovah Laws wrote:
<quoted text>
sPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT OF GODS WORD,since human exist on this globe,is not reversible ,rather lead to perfection and high civilization of moral left over group of human,who never return to the time of primitive Mosaic law given to primitive wild inhabitants of this ancient time earth,
today modern age under Christ law,exclude any bablings and accusations comparing ax,arrows and knifes with modern sofisticated science,technology being under rule of divine High moral control
also,only stupid and uneducated crips babling about ancient customs and laws,complaining in 21 century and forget basic Gods spiritual moral law,
1/do't kill
don't fornicate, don't rape, etc......
this is nonsense to listen godless scumbag like NASL babling worthless crap,and having not any clue about originality writters of Bible,or eternal Gods Spirit who control this earth without of earthly pattern time.
people like NASL makes me vomits,
they have not clue hebrew Bible writings and their inspirations from GOD,
but they mock and insult others who speaks Bible language,
scumbags like him doesn't deserve even any fart,or any attention
I disagree with your position. Everything written in the New Testament reflects what is written in the Old Testament.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

<quoted text>
of course NT reflects ceremonial mosaic law of promitives in spiritual Universal moral sense Highly developed each year since establishment on NT and true free christians
also phisical ax in OT is spiritual ax in NT(REFLECTION OF OT)
are you able to kill with this spiritual ax,physical earthly human?
are you able to marry phisical earthly raped women by for for example
with Reflection of spiritual rape??
NO NO NO ETC..........NT is reflection of OT in spiritual sense,
also don't kill.don't rape.don't worship idols,and build toiliet inside of your bathroom instead having by the pants hanging shovel to dig hole take s...and cover your own dung under local tree
spiritual NT REFLECTION ERAZE CEREMONIAL LAWS, ERAZE ALSO COMPLAINS ABOUT CEREMONIAL LAW DURING AGE OF NT LAW OF SPIRITUAL REFLECTION.
SO/agree or not agree, it is so?
Only stupid ones complain about OT laws and mock spiritual reflection of NT law?
UNDERSTOOD DO DO?
Not sure what you are trying to say. It sounds like an agreement though.

Can you lead the do do out of this? I thought we were having a serious discussion.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes of course. If you believe all of the Bible as being God';s Word. Otherwise you are being selective about what you say you believe which means you don't believe that all the Bible is God's Word. Am I correct?
No it is not correct. You should at least get some true knowledge of the scripture before blindly calling them a lie. Punishment is supposed to deter action. And that punishment was a detterant for it's time. Do the Jewish people do it today? NO! Must be a reason.

Whether someone disagrees with the scriptures or not doesn't mean they are not God's Words. If you disagree with God, take it up with God. I'm sure you can create your own just like your jeesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not correct. You should at least get some true knowledge of the scripture before blindly calling them a lie. Punishment is supposed to deter action. And that punishment was a detterant for it's time. Do the Jewish people do it today? NO! Must be a reason.
Whether someone disagrees with the scriptures or not doesn't mean they are not God's Words. If you disagree with God, take it up with God. I'm sure you can create your own just like your jeesus.
Where did I ever call scripture a lie? So you think it was an act of justice to stone a woman to death for an alleged crime of adultery? Really? You think this has anything to do with the mind of God? Really? I don't disagree with God. I disagree with your notion of God so I am taking it up with you. I'm fine with God.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I ever call scripture a lie? So you think it was an act of justice to stone a woman to death for an alleged crime of adultery? Really? You think this has anything to do with the mind of God? Really? I don't disagree with God. I disagree with your notion of God so I am taking it up with you. I'm fine with God.
You call scrpture a lie every time you say some of it's true and some isn't. You write that alot.

Is it an act of justice to burn people at the stake or fry them in an electric chair? Should God have made them construct prisons over 5,000 years ago. Would that be punishment you could understand?

If you cannot understand God, why label people with evil things like condoning rape and so on. I believe you condone rape of children, murder and all things evil.

You ponder the mind of some god you create. Is your god ever fully created?

We obviously do not believe in the same God or Christ. To "God be true and every man a liar". That is the way I view God, the Messiah and all scripture.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You call scrpture a lie every time you say some of it's true and some isn't. You write that alot.
Is it an act of justice to burn people at the stake or fry them in an electric chair? Should God have made them construct prisons over 5,000 years ago. Would that be punishment you could understand?
If you cannot understand God, why label people with evil things like condoning rape and so on. I believe you condone rape of children, murder and all things evil.
You ponder the mind of some god you create. Is your god ever fully created?
We obviously do not believe in the same God or Christ. To "God be true and every man a liar". That is the way I view God, the Messiah and all scripture.
False. I never ever called scripture a lie. You did.

When Jesus says pick up your cross, it is the same as saying pick up your electric chair correct?

You think you understand God? That's nice.

GREAT!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

<quoted text>
you say,
"I am fine with God"?
did you ask God if God is fine with you and your twisted misunderstanding ancient moral customs, and ihnalation by God most wicked DNA of ancient humans not allowing to spread horrible crimes immorality to our modern world?
do you ever understand why God allow wars and death thos who born to the death,hate, and wiskedness,
death of abominable criminal masses mostly works for good for future generations and their fallen morality from the time of huamn existing on this earth,
what good in ancient time or today,
to sheed blood by knife and ax and fall on the earth to clean spots of this wicked soil,or today shot human,not shed blood on the earth,and leave dead bacteria human body on the battle field or local cementary?
sir?
you never understand ancient adultorues life of single man or women
adultery today is less abominable than in the antiquity world,
becaause punishment by death ancient criminals huren,adulters,haters,and criminals was to purify this earth soil,from future complete moral depravations and genocides of whole earth?
does God acted diferently before from today?
No?
But He Is God AND GOT FULL RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH HIS OWN
and human criminals sentenced to the death are fools seating on the death raw and insult or mock their EXECUTOR,INSTEAD BEGING HIM FOR MERCY PSALM 51;17.....tell us that This Universal Judge is not ruthless only Merciful and His Mercy Endureth Forever
MAYBE YOU GET MY SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS QUIDED BY HOLY SPIRIT ONLY.
Yes I did. God said everything is fine.

Did God inhale? Bill Clinton said he didn't.

No, I don't understand war. It seems to be a stupid male thing. I'm sure God is against it.

EeeeGadds, knife and ax.... Wow. that's some messy stuff bro.

Are you having fun pretending to be God?

GREAT!!!!
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
False. I never ever called scripture a lie. You did.
When Jesus says pick up your cross, it is the same as saying pick up your electric chair correct?
You think you understand God? That's nice.
GREAT!!!
Then enlighten me. What do you mean by saying some scripture is true and some is not?

Pick up youe electric chair means the same as pick up your cross? What does that even mean?

Scripture give us a tiny glimpse of God. He is not soem character in a book, He is the creator of all things, even this tiny speck in the universe we call earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Then enlighten me. What do you mean by saying some scripture is true and some is not?
Pick up youe electric chair means the same as pick up your cross? What does that even mean?
Scripture give us a tiny glimpse of God. He is not soem character in a book, He is the creator of all things, even this tiny speck in the universe we call earth.
I never said that. What is your question?

Pick up your cross means to choose a way that probably will lead to certain death. We think of it as a metaphor today but if one chose the cross in Biblical times, they probably would have been literally crucified. This is exactly what happened to both Peter and Paul.

God is a character in the Bible with more than one face. Do you really think a being capable of creation would be like that? Seriously.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that. What is your question?
Pick up your cross means to choose a way that probably will lead to certain death. We think of it as a metaphor today but if one chose the cross in Biblical times, they probably would have been literally crucified. This is exactly what happened to both Peter and Paul.
God is a character in the Bible with more than one face. Do you really think a being capable of creation would be like that? Seriously.
Here are a few recent posts of what you said.

Oct 31 Hell doesn't exist. It is mythology based upon volcanoes.

Oct 31 I posted, John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Your response , It's still an illusion. Just because it has consequences to our puny existence in the world, it cannot possibly have any impact on our eternal life because that has already been determined.

Nov 1 Not really. There is little factual stuff in the Bible

Nov 1 Much of what is written in the Bible is mythological. What I mean by myth is a story which imparts a universal truth but never actually happened

Either the Bible is fact or fiction. Fiction as you know is not true. So here again you are saying the scriptures are not true. Calling them a myth IMO, is calling the scriptures man made. If I believed that for a second, I wouldn't waste my time reading them.

I am not understanding your position at all, I'm trying. I don't see how you can say that "there is little factual stuff in the Bible, then say you didn't say that some of the scriptures are not true.

I don't mind discussing "pick up your cross" scripture. But what would be the point if it is just myth? Just don't get your position.

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Why did you guys run Gary off his own thread? There's enough of your kind of threads all over Topix. Prefer to pirate?

GARY, GARY, come back .... I'll Stand By You!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few recent posts of what you said.
Oct 31 Hell doesn't exist. It is mythology based upon volcanoes.
Oct 31 I posted, John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Your response , It's still an illusion. Just because it has consequences to our puny existence in the world, it cannot possibly have any impact on our eternal life because that has already been determined.
Nov 1 Not really. There is little factual stuff in the Bible
Nov 1 Much of what is written in the Bible is mythological. What I mean by myth is a story which imparts a universal truth but never actually happened
Either the Bible is fact or fiction. Fiction as you know is not true. So here again you are saying the scriptures are not true. Calling them a myth IMO, is calling the scriptures man made. If I believed that for a second, I wouldn't waste my time reading them.
I am not understanding your position at all, I'm trying. I don't see how you can say that "there is little factual stuff in the Bible, then say you didn't say that some of the scriptures are not true.
I don't mind discussing "pick up your cross" scripture. But what would be the point if it is just myth? Just don't get your position.
I said the Bible is all true, some of the events actually happened.

Most of the Bible is not factual, nor is it a lie.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the Bible is all true, some of the events actually happened.
Most of the Bible is not factual, nor is it a lie.
Do you mean then that some of the scriptures are left for us, flesh; to fill in the blanks?

When you used the rape and stoning scriptures written in the law, you didn't read the whole law. Your conclusions are based on your opinion. Had you taken the time to the law concerning men and women, especially the obligations men will have to their wives and children, you'd see your opinion does not reflect scripture.

The scriptures give us Jesus' geneology going all the way back to Adam. Jesus did not just pop out of the sky, live 33 years and die.

As far as "pick up your cross" here is what Jesus actually said.

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

The above scripture are the Words of Jesus. IMO, they are just saying to put everything aside and put Him first. Understand His teachings and believe Him.
God does care about our puny existance. God had and has a plan from the beginning to the end.

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Matthew 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Not Of This World Forever wrote:
Why did you guys run Gary off his own thread? There's enough of your kind of threads all over Topix. Prefer to pirate?
GARY, GARY, come back .... I'll Stand By You!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"your kind"??

You sound biased and confused. I'm a human being. Are you something different?

Probably not, as there aren't many literate bears, orangutans, or chimpanzees that could articulate and know how to post links in these forums.

Your ignorance and arrogance are reasons why I decided to research Christianity and to speak out against its unfounded dogma and doctrine.

If Gary and Dave were ran off, that would be a feat in itself, when not one poster on Topix, has the ability to cause these folks to leave - only they can make that choice.

BTW - if you weren't paying attention - that would still be "Self".

So in essence, Gary and Dave show more with "lacking information" than they do to help others understand. Mainly because they refuse to understand and be completely honest with others or themselves.

More than likely, you are the same way, especially when you think others are "kinds" out here.

*sighs*

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

*spooky music begins*

Oh hi,'shrink'- you are right on cue!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean then that some of the scriptures are left for us, flesh; to fill in the blanks?
When you used the rape and stoning scriptures written in the law, you didn't read the whole law. Your conclusions are based on your opinion. Had you taken the time to the law concerning men and women, especially the obligations men will have to their wives and children, you'd see your opinion does not reflect scripture.
The scriptures give us Jesus' geneology going all the way back to Adam. Jesus did not just pop out of the sky, live 33 years and die.
As far as "pick up your cross" here is what Jesus actually said.
Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
The above scripture are the Words of Jesus. IMO, they are just saying to put everything aside and put Him first. Understand His teachings and believe Him.
God does care about our puny existance. God had and has a plan from the beginning to the end.
Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Matthew 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.Luke 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
We all bring our beliefs and prejudices to the table.

Scripture contradicts itself on these matters. It remains a paternal system from the Bronze Age.

The genealogy is also myth. Man has been around for at least 100,000 years.

If we take that passage literally, it means certain death by Crucifixion to follow Christ. This is what happened to many in those times. It is perfectly true and correct.

“Faith, Hope, & LOVE”

Since: Dec 08

One Nation Under God

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"your kind"??
You sound biased and confused. I'm a human being. Are you something different?
Probably not, as there aren't many literate bears, orangutans, or chimpanzees that could articulate and know how to post links in these forums.
Your ignorance and arrogance are reasons why I decided to research Christianity and to speak out against its unfounded dogma and doctrine.
If Gary and Dave were ran off, that would be a feat in itself, when not one poster on Topix, has the ability to cause these folks to leave - only they can make that choice.
BTW - if you weren't paying attention - that would still be "Self".
So in essence, Gary and Dave show more with "lacking information" than they do to help others understand. Mainly because they refuse to understand and be completely honest with others or themselves.
More than likely, you are the same way, especially when you think others are "kinds" out here.
*sighs*
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
How enlightening. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

529 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ANR virgin looking for my first big breast LDN ... 4 min RRLDN82 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Truth 532,662
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,698
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Naveen kumar 4,645
Last Word + 2 8 min andet1987 59
Anyone Up for Skype Sex? 13 min wooddee 5
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min An NFL Fan 115,038
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 172,348
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••