What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#33855 Oct 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"The word “apostle” comes from the Greek word apostolos, which means “one sent from or forth, a messenger, delegate”. The term is used in the New Testament in two distinct senses. It can refer to an individual who is sent by other humans to accomplish a particular mission or task. The term is so used to refer, for example, to Barnabas (Acts 14:14). He was an “apostle” in the sense that he accompanied Paul on an evangelistic trip. Jesus is said to be our “Apostle” in the sense that He was sent to atone for our sins (Hebrews 3:1).
The term “apostle” also is used in a second sense—what we might call an official sense. That is,“apostle” can refer to individuals who were officially and divinely selected to serve as Jesus’ original representatives—“ambassadors”( 2 Corinthians 5:20). Jesus handpicked the original twelve apostles (Matthew 10:1-5; Mark 3:13-19; Luke 6:12-16; 9:1-2). Of these original twelve, Judas betrayed the Lord as predicted by the Old Testament (Psalm 41:9; John 13:18-19; 18:1-5). Instead of repenting, he cinched his apostasy by committing suicide (Matthew 27:3-5; John 17:12). Consequently, a successor to Judas was selected by divine decree (Acts 1:16-26).
Only one other apostle in the official sense is alluded to in the New Testament—Paul. His appointment to apostleship was unique and unparalleled in that he was chosen for a specific first century task (Acts 9:15; 22:14-15; 26:16-18; 1 Corinthians 15:8-9; Galatians 1:11-12,15-16). Christ selected him to introduce the message of Christianity to the Gentile world (Romans 11:13; 15:16; Galatians 2:8; Ephesians 3:8). Paul was careful to document the fact that his apostleship was by divine appointment (e.g., Romans 1:5; 1 Corinthians 1:1; Galatians 1:1,16).
When one assembles all the relevant New Testament data, at least three qualifications emerge as prerequisite to one becoming an apostle in the official sense. First, an apostle had to have seen the Lord and been an eyewitness of Christ’s resurrection (Acts 1:22; 22:14; 1 Corinthians 9:1). Second, an apostle had to be specifically selected by the Lord or the Holy Spirit (Matthew 10:5; Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:13; Acts 1:26; 9:15; 22:14-15,21; 26:16). Third, an apostle was invested with miraculous power to the extent that he could perform miracles. The power to perform miracles included the capability to confer the ability to work miracles to other individuals through the laying on of his hands (Mark 3:15; 16:17-20; Luke 9:1-2; John 14:12,26; 15:24-27; 16:13; Acts 2:43; 4:29-31,33; 5:12,15-16; 6:6; 8:14-18; 19:6; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11; Hebrews 2:3-4). Jesus referred to His bestowal of miraculous capability upon the apostles when He promised they would be “endued with power from on high”(Luke 24:49)." - Dave Miller, AP
Using your logic - Joseph Smith would also be an Apostle.

Albuquerque, NM

#33856 Oct 21, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already discredited yourself.
No I didn't, but you sure are trying to.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You paste the charge "fallible men" to the Bible then you provide opinion (a fallible man) and then you provide writings from another time from - "fallible men"?
Hey now, I'm not the one who think the fallible men who wrote the books and texts within the Bible are "infallible".

Thus fallible writings are not accurate to all accounts.

Thus fallible men cannot write infallible texts.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe in the Holy Spirit, which Jesus prophesied about multiple times, you're immediately discrediting Jesus' teachings...

I don't discredit Jesus' teachings. That would be Christianity.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, at least picking and choosing for yourself (a fallible man) which ones are true and which are not. Funny how you tend to believe anything not in the Bible and tend to discount anything in the Bible.

I haven't done this either.

I've asked openly and through honesty, "where does 'God' specifically state which of these texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not. You a so-called "Christian", have yet to post these specifics for me, to show me that what you and others exclaim to be true, is true. I think you have been mislead by yet other men, into thinking what you read is accurate, when it really is more incomplete than accurate.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the Holy Spirit in your view was unable to preserve His teachings for our lives and according to your (a fallible man) teachings, has left a huge mystery for us to figure out.
Huh? I never said this.

I will say that if men did write about "God", any man, then that puts every writer as inspired by "God" or the HS, not just the current canon.

Thus, all 13 of teh original Apostle's writing, no matter where they reside - would be useful for all to learn of whom "God" is - not jsut the ones men decided upon.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks, NASL. I have more faith in God's ability than that.
It appears you don't as you have limited "God's inspiration" to only a selct few individuals.
Joseph Smith

Portsmouth, VA

#33857 Oct 21, 2013
Click this Link for other thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNNBNFQ...

You go to the above topix now, so go do it....

Albuquerque, NM

#33858 Oct 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose you had faith in something you believed to be authentic? What if it is flawed? Then what?
If everything is know by God, from beginning to end, does free will even exist?
Ya know WW - a great comparison to what you say above is the very confusing 1st edition printings of Maurice Sendak's award winning children's book "Where the Wild Things Are".

:o)
Alpha Lamb Lion Omega

Portsmouth, VA

#33859 Oct 21, 2013
you have no choice but to click the below link here

that is where you all are to continue this topix discussion
El Shagade

Baltimore, MD

#33860 Oct 21, 2013
Alpha Lamb Lion Omega wrote:
you have no choice but to click the below link here
that is where you all are to continue this topix discussion
SMART CHILDREN OF GOD,
born again doesn't need any choices,nor any klicks on Internet to read BS,fables,and lies
also read you,by yourselves?

Alpha And Omega- is G-D YHVH Not Lamb not Lion
Omega is not Lion

instead click webs,start to read basic Bible Gods Word,
and rather klick open your own brain to Gods Word Bible,not to internet klicks?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33861 Oct 21, 2013
Honestly wrote:
There is no title over the gate of heaven. There is however only one way through it. God is very clear on His word about the 9 gifts. Yet Methodist and baptist don't practice those gifts. Where I agree the churches have turned to "self" help idolizing man over Christ. The churches have also stopped preaching heaven and hell ....... It's a choice. Christ says love your enemy. Most people in the church have become to self righteous to witness to the lost. I have no degree. Psychology is just another way for man to justify sin. I do however have the words of the KJB and those words are black and white. I question man not God. Just as God tells us. Those of a like mind ( who follow the word of God word for word) are not divided.
Prove that your God exists using readily available, verifiable, tangible, non-ontological evidence. Then we can talk.

Location hidden

#33862 Oct 21, 2013
El Shagade wrote:
<quoted text>
SMART CHILDREN OF GOD,
born again doesn't need any choices,nor any klicks on Internet to read BS,fables,and lies
also read you,by yourselves?
Alpha And Omega- is G-D YHVH Not Lamb not Lion
Omega is not Lion
instead click webs,start to read basic Bible Gods Word,
and rather klick open your own brain to Gods Word Bible,not to internet klicks?
The Bible is not God stupid.
El Shagade

Baltimore, MD

#33863 Oct 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. Unfortunately we do not have contemporar writings on the attributed writers of the 1st C.
Sooooo steps in man and his decisions to define a belief.
UNFORTUANTELY
humankind doesn't have any book written by you contains only BS,and your fables bablings?
sorry,you are less then nothing,
your mouth is run like flush water in the broken toilet bowl of unemployee bum drawing foods stamps from obama,and fart silently
Allien from Moon

Baltimore, MD

#33864 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Using your logic - Joseph Smith would also be an Apostle.
according to your BS
yea ,He could be apostle,like you could be adopted son of Ch.Manson, and reincarnated god
everything is possible inside of stupid brain like yours?
Allien from Moon

Baltimore, MD

#33865 Oct 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not God stupid.
El Shagade was talking about your god stupid,
go a catch basic of grammar of english moon language,you little remote controled earthly cockroach

very soon scientists have idea how to attach a high tech backpack on your cockroach back that allows human research to remotely control earthly bugs like you,
maybe already they did it on you,during your night sleep, because Idea came and invention from the Moon to me,and trnasfered to earthly scientists hamanoid slaves serving me as their King?
Allien from Moon

Baltimore, MD

#33866 Oct 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that your God exists using readily available, verifiable, tangible, non-ontological evidence. Then we can talk.
i already proved you,but you still squicking like old antique chair on the porch during stormy weather

Location hidden

#33867 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Ya know WW - a great comparison to what you say above is the very confusing 1st edition printings of Maurice Sendak's award winning children's book "Where the Wild Things Are".
Thank you. I guess great minds think alike.

Location hidden

#33868 Oct 21, 2013
Allien from Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
i already proved you,but you still squicking like old antique chair on the porch during stormy weather
Proved what?

Albuquerque, NM

#33869 Oct 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Allien from Moon

Baltimore, MD

#33870 Oct 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Proved what?
LEARN defintion of word"proved"
then come back to debate with me about Moon,Mars, jupiter and bullets flying at half miles per second like moskitos entering your brain and exploding inside causing horrible rmote controled brain of earthly roach??
after this maybe you reach higher level of questions,
and belief in God above all this planetary system, without counting you as less than grasshooper?
Allien from Moon

Baltimore, MD

#33871 Oct 21, 2013
<quoted text>
humu
hide your corpse inside of your hole,because nuclear radiation from my spacecraft can burn all your brain cells
and leave a lot of stinking fumes confussing proper land of my team,to your backyard full of trush,junks,and dirt

Location hidden

#33872 Oct 21, 2013
Allien from Moon wrote:
<quoted text>
LEARN defintion of word"proved"
then come back to debate with me about Moon,Mars, jupiter and bullets flying at half miles per second like moskitos entering your brain and exploding inside causing horrible rmote controled brain of earthly roach??
after this maybe you reach higher level of questions,
and belief in God above all this planetary system, without counting you as less than grasshooper?
Proved what Grasshopper?
cipciu sikacz

Baltimore, MD

#33873 Oct 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Proved what Grasshopper?
there is not need?
you are grssshooper-little not visible incect rambling under the weed roots
remnant of 144000

Baltimore, MD

#33874 Oct 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
great minds living eternaly and only accept teachings of grat Teacher,and Supreme High Priest
5 MOSE 33;3
Ye he love His chosen people,
all of His saints are in thy hand;
AND THEY SAT DOWN AT HIS FEET;
EVERY ONE SHALL RECEIVE ALL OF HIS WORDS OF WISDOM

I am very sorry, we didn't find place for you????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 60,137
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Big Al 695,688
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 994,085
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 1 hr Yshua ha Mashiach 1
Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do 2 hr Truth 4
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr texas pete 2,500
News Data on Investors Obtained by Fraud (Jul '06) 14 hr Picky 3
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web