What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33351 Sep 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That link doesn't direct you to an alternative view. It directs you to the only view that does not contradict other areas of scripture. The rapture/1000 year reign doctrine contradicts other scriptures. Plus, that view does not make sense to a 1st Century audience, undergoing and about to undergo severe persecution for their belief in Jesus as the Christ, Revelation was written to. The first several verses of the book told them twice that these things would soon come to pass.
There's a lot of scriptures you have to ignore in order to believe in the rapture / 1000 year reign doctrine.
you are to stupid to have any clue what are Scriptures,or what is rapture?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33352 Sep 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt about it. Cowardly little cur.
arive with this scum Born In USA to Washington DC,
we can meet three of us face to face to discuss your hates, insults and scorpion venom spreaded by Cawards like you,

go ahead. post me termin,date,hour
when both of you are able to meet me face by face?
We shall see who is coward,and who is who.
You poor abominable sick brains wandering devil ghosts insulting others and hiding behind not posted location,

both of you are stinking cowards and dog s...... babling cretinism around,
pfuj at both of your f....faces??
I am waiting for 3 three of your spiritual scums ,idiots,and spiritual criminals stealing donation from all deceived listeners like you little punks

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#33353 Sep 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That link doesn't direct you to an alternative view. It directs you to the only view that does not contradict other areas of scripture. The rapture/1000 year reign doctrine contradicts other scriptures. Plus, that view does not make sense to a 1st Century audience, undergoing and about to undergo severe persecution for their belief in Jesus as the Christ, Revelation was written to. The first several verses of the book told them twice that these things would soon come to pass.
There's a lot of scriptures you have to ignore in order to believe in the rapture / 1000 year reign doctrine.
Historicist or Preterist?

In my debates here with Campingites going back 2+ years, my cry was "reader/audience" relevance. In your post I agree with your assertion , to the chagrin of many brethren. Road has not been easy ;)
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#33354 Sep 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are to stupid to have any clue what are Scriptures,or what is rapture?
Aren't you supposed to say "sad to say" before and after that statement Gary?
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#33355 Sep 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That link doesn't direct you to an alternative view. It directs you to the only view that does not contradict other areas of scripture. The rapture/1000 year reign doctrine contradicts other scriptures. Plus, that view does not make sense to a 1st Century audience, undergoing and about to undergo severe persecution for their belief in Jesus as the Christ, Revelation was written to. The first several verses of the book told them twice that these things would soon come to pass.
There's a lot of scriptures you have to ignore in order to believe in the rapture / 1000 year reign doctrine.

Show me scripture that must be ignored to believe the events in Revelation have already happened. I'm always open to learn something new.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#33356 Sep 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Historicist or Preterist?
In my debates here with Campingites going back 2+ years, my cry was "reader/audience" relevance. In your post I agree with your assertion , to the chagrin of many brethren. Road has not been easy ;)
This is gary again trying to fool everyone. This is not the Senecus.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33357 Sep 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me scripture that must be ignored to believe the events in Revelation have already happened. I'm always open to learn something new.
go to oakland and ask Camping, before answer kiss his a...and tell him,that you love him, and beg for forgiveness for all those insults before 5/21/2011, your sin made you left behind poor pig marching to the death?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33358 Sep 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you supposed to say "sad to say" before and after that statement Gary?
what i suppose to or not suppose to?
this is not your business nor your f..... faken advisor friendship?

Be sure none of you are my brothers or freinds- children of devil stinks with satan urines and feces not dry s... spread around killing flies,and yourselves
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33359 Sep 8, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Historicist or Preterist?
In my debates here with Campingites going back 2+ years, my cry was "reader/audience" relevance. In your post I agree with your assertion , to the chagrin of many brethren. Road has not been easy ;)
your road is death row, and end complete inhalation of your miseries on internet,hates,and love Penises(pipkes)

what brethren you are mister Do do?you and like you are not brethrens anyway
hating Campignities is seal of your own destruction and raw of death together with those devil brethrens?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#33360 Sep 8, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
This is gary again trying to fool everyone. This is not the Senecus.
you poor psychopath
very soon will see Gary under your bed, kitchen,closet,

go to the mental treatment,you poor miserable punk?

when we meet each other in Washington DC to see who is cowards?

do you have any guts to answer me??you little POS"brethren of devil team"
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#33361 Sep 9, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me scripture that must be ignored to believe the events in Revelation have already happened. I'm always open to learn something new.
For starters, the first verse of Revelation that is introducing the material and informing the reader what the material is and when it is to happen. Verse 3 also tells the reader the time is at hand. Similarly, Jesus told his disciples about his Kingdom using similar language and it did come to pass in Acts 2 just as he said it would. Yet, many are STILL waiting for the Kingdom to be established in the literal Jerusalem and they literally expect Jesus to physically reign on a physical throne for a literal 1000 years. They fail to see all of the physical things of the OT foreshadowed the Spiritual things that Jesus was bringing about with the New Covenant. The Kingdom is not Physical it is Spiritual and it is the church and it is existing currently and Jesus is currently Lord and King - not in some future time - now!!

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#33365 Sep 9, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, the first verse of Revelation that is introducing the material and informing the reader what the material is and when it is to happen. Verse 3 also tells the reader the time is at hand. Similarly, Jesus told his disciples about his Kingdom using similar language and it did come to pass in Acts 2 just as he said it would. Yet, many are STILL waiting for the Kingdom to be established in the literal Jerusalem and they literally expect Jesus to physically reign on a physical throne for a literal 1000 years. They fail to see all of the physical things of the OT foreshadowed the Spiritual things that Jesus was bringing about with the New Covenant. The Kingdom is not Physical it is Spiritual and it is the church and it is existing currently and Jesus is currently Lord and King - not in some future time - now!!
So you fall into the full preterist category, if I may use that term(I believe you missed my post asking whether your a historicist or preterist).

In my previous time here debating Campingites I never fully revealed my own view of eschatology in its entirety , wasn't necessary and would have only distracted from matters at hand (refuting Camping's erroneous date of a Parousia predictions). I agree with your above statement, again to the chagrin of many brethren(sorry USA, I'm not in the dispensational camp, and eluded to such on my blog). I'm not quite in the "full" camp but one could count me among 'partial-preterists'.

You are correct, it's really all about time, specifically 'time texts' found in scripture. Wording such as "I come quickly", "time is at hand" , "must soon take place..." ,ect- had to have meaning for those to whom it as written, that pesky "reader/audience relevance". Revelation was written to those who would have understood that 'relevance', 1st century Jews, for to truly understand it one must read with 'Jewish eyes'. What we have today is what has been dubbed "Newspaper eschatology" - trying to superimpose today's events on scripture, in turn trying to 'shoe-horn' scripture to 'explain' an occurrence having some kind of 'prophetic significance'. Many books have been written by various authors (specifically Christian) attempting to do just that, they sell well... "endtimes" is 'big business'. They do violence to scripture in the process. Truth be damned.

This is a great topic and one worthy of continued discussion, look forward to such, but, right now must be about me day. You All have a great day.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#33366 Sep 9, 2013
Beyond Intelligent Design wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point. Gary and I have had personal contact for many years. He is no more Shrink than I am Obama. There's not a shred of similarity, not even .0000000001 chance.
She telling ya the truth ,folks(and I AM Senecus...sheesh , they got me as Gary now). If there's any doubts about who's who, just read back a year or two and we all are quite prominent and distinct on this thread. It seems NO ONE around Topix EVER investigates back even a little, like history begins with them and their first post, how vain...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#33368 Sep 9, 2013
Beyond Intelligent Design wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi John!! Things are lovely. Today I am applying for a top management job at the company I've been working at since Apr. I have a VERY good chance of getting it my my job experience throughout my life. I have put in up to 84 hour weeks in this 100+ work environment. I wish to finish this life challenged, motivated and productive. I plan to in ever way possible. The best is yet to come. Eternally .....
God is good!!
May God bless you richly my friend.
Hello again!

Good to learn things are coming together for ya, I know road hasn't been easy. Economy has given me a few hits ,too, but with His grace I persevere. Maybe this ol' thread still has some life left in it :)

Good to 'see' you back, I be 'round the old haunts, catch you later...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#33369 Sep 9, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
This is gary again trying to fool everyone. This is not the Senecus.


It's me , warts and all :)

Hope you've been well, and I explain more in a post above, have a great day, must run...later...
Saban fan

United States

#33371 Sep 9, 2013
Beyond Intelligent Design wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point. Gary and I have had personal contact for many years. He is no more Shrink than I am Obama. There's not a shred of similarity, not even .0000000001 chance.
That was very much the point of your last post to me that used some rather colorful language to describe how delusional I must be to actually think he could be posting as two different people from two different locations. I refuted your point by posting as myself from two locations, hours apart, without even getting up from my seat.

How is that miss the point?!

Who's to say you're not Gary too?
Saban fan

United States

#33372 Sep 9, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you fall into the full preterist category, if I may use that term(I believe you missed my post asking whether your a historicist or preterist).
In my previous time here debating Campingites I never fully revealed my own view of eschatology in its entirety , wasn't necessary and would have only distracted from matters at hand (refuting Camping's erroneous date of a Parousia predictions). I agree with your above statement, again to the chagrin of many brethren(sorry USA, I'm not in the dispensational camp, and eluded to such on my blog). I'm not quite in the "full" camp but one could count me among 'partial-preterists'.
You are correct, it's really all about time, specifically 'time texts' found in scripture. Wording such as "I come quickly", "time is at hand" , "must soon take place..." ,ect- had to have meaning for those to whom it as written, that pesky "reader/audience relevance". Revelation was written to those who would have understood that 'relevance', 1st century Jews, for to truly understand it one must read with 'Jewish eyes'. What we have today is what has been dubbed "Newspaper eschatology" - trying to superimpose today's events on scripture, in turn trying to 'shoe-horn' scripture to 'explain' an occurrence having some kind of 'prophetic significance'. Many books have been written by various authors (specifically Christian) attempting to do just that, they sell well... "endtimes" is 'big business'. They do violence to scripture in the process. Truth be damned.
This is a great topic and one worthy of continued discussion, look forward to such, but, right now must be about me day. You All have a great day.
I'm not sure what 'group think' i may fall into, but I do agree with your statement here. It was a first century audience and it had great meaning to them. It was signified, the 'symbols' not intended to be the literal signs people are still searching for today. It's not an easy study and I don't have ALL of the answers, however I do have a good grasp of it. A numerology study helps greatly to understand many of the meanings. I saw where Gary posted one a year or so ago on this thread that was completely wrong. I'll post my findings from studying the Numerology....
Saban fan

United States

#33373 Sep 9, 2013
Numerology Study

The number ONE

Unity or the ability to stand alone. God is ONE (Deut. 6:4)
Saban fan

United States

#33374 Sep 9, 2013
Numerology study

The number TWO

Strength or courage. Two are stronger than one. The disciples of Jesus went out by two. Confirmation. Two witnesses often affirmed God's endorsement of a matter.

(John 8:17, Deut. 7:16, mark 6:7, Matt. 18:16-20, John 8:17, 2 Cor. 13:1, Rev. 11:3-4)
Saban fan

United States

#33375 Sep 9, 2013
Numerology study

Number THREE

Deity. The divine or spiritual number. The Godhead is three fold in nature. Points to the divine. God, Christ and the Holy Spirit (3 but 1).

(Matt. 28:19, Rev 4:8, Rev. 1:4-6)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min TchClm 52,144
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min whatgod 992,004
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min Peter Ross 445,994
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Chuck 693,272
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 29 min Doctor REALITY 22
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 52 min _FLATLINE-------- 2,472
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Edthirty 286,690
More from around the web