What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#32666 Aug 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Brain damage.
And a major one plus excessive oral diarrhea.
bmz

Singapore

#32667 Aug 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. Modern scholars.
And we all know no modern scholars disagree with each other. Great point bmz! I suppose I stand corrected by modern scholars.

Jesus quoted scripture too, would modern scholars consider him a plagiarist?

The writer of Hebrews penned an excellent book to attempt to keep the Hebrew brethren from turning back to Judaism. Christianity is better than Judaism in every way and the writer reminds them of this - using much of the OT doctrine of the Law of Moses to point this out. It MUST be quoted in order to do so. It's not plagiarized! I don't care what any of your UNNAMED modern scholars say!
Hello, Saban

There is nothing wrong in quoting scriptures.

What the author of Hebrews did was wrong. Let me show you an example:

In Hebrews 1, the author wrote only one line of his own first and copied and pasted :

This is his own line: "8 But about the Son he says,"

And then he copied and pasted Psalm 102:25-27

“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

Can one believe that God said that about Jesus?

Now, read the whole thing, the way he wrote:

"8 But about the Son he says,“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;

God never said that about Jesus. It was David, who had said that about God. And David was not Jesus' God. Right?

As we go further, we see another great lie:

10 He also says,“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment. 12 You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.”

Here God telling Jesus that he did all that? That is why Hebrews is considered a forgery. Forgery was rampant throughout the first 7-9 centuries of Christianity.
bmz

Singapore

#32668 Aug 4, 2013
Correction, Saban

Should read:

Forgery was rampant throughout the first 9 centuries of Christianity. Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#32670 Aug 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe the verse from Acts that you agree with but you do not agree with verses that tell us Jesus walked on the water.

Perhaps you could share with us which Bible translation is the one with the correct information, according to unnamed "modern scholars", is true. And which should be discarded.
In other words, I don't really see how you can have it both ways, sir.
Peter, his brother Andrew and James, his brother John were confirmed fishermen. Fishermen back in those days were definitely illiterates.

I have studied the walking on water account and I have come to the conclusion that the wind blew against the boat as the boat was constantly buffeted by the storm, so they had not gone far off the shore.

That is when Jesus waded in.

I don't know which translation is correct or not. Can't trust any. Each group translated has translated from different manuscripts. No one ahs any originals of anything.

An interesting example:

"Matthew 26:63-65 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Then the chief Priest answered, and said to him, I charge thee swear unto us by the living God, to tell us, If thou be that Christ the son of God, or no.

64 Jesus said to him, Thou hast said it."

Note that Jesus said the priest had said that, not he.

Now, look at this translation:

"Matthew 26:63-65 New King James Version (NKJV)

63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him,“I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”

64 Jesus said to him,“It is as you said."

Here, the translation suggest that agreed. This is wrong, a distortion and a misinformation.

This is more honest:

"Matthew 26:63-65 New Century Version (NCV)

Again the high priest said to Jesus,“I command you by the power of the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”

64 Jesus answered,“Those are your words.""

Here Jesus is clearly telling him that those words came from the high priest's mouth.

A very important question arises here: Why would the high priest, a Jew himself, would ask him if he were the Christ, the son of the living God?

The Jews never expected the messiah to be a son or the son of God!!!

The point is that one has to read as many translations as possible to conclude what Jesus said and what Jesus did not and what others said that was not right.
bmz

Singapore

#32671 Aug 4, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The men of the Sanhedrin marveled for two reasons. 1. Peter and John spoke so boldly. 2. Peter and John were uneducated men as far as the Rabbinical schools were concerned yet they used the scriptures skillfully.
I can accept that because God can make a donkey speak, so God can make an illiterate person speak too. No problem here.

However, I cannot accept that Peter and John really wrote the letters and books.
bmz

Singapore

#32672 Aug 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
He did disclose from whence his cite came: WYC.
But for clarity, let's look at all the major translations:
New International Version
When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
New Living Translation
The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus.
English Standard Version
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished. And they recognized that they had been with Jesus.
New American Standard Bible
Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed, and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus.
King James Bible
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
When they observed the boldness of Peter and John and realized that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed and recognized that they had been with Jesus.
International Standard Version
Now when the Jewish leaders saw the boldness of Peter and John and found out that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were amazed and realized that they had been with Jesus.
NET Bible
When they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and discovered that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were amazed and recognized these men had been with Jesus.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And when they had heard the discourse of Shimeon and of Yohannan, that they spoke it openly, they perceived that they did not know the scrolls and that they were uneducated, and they were amazed at them and recognized them that they had lived with Yeshua.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
After they found out that Peter and John had no education or special training, they were surprised to see how boldly they spoke. They realized that these men had been with Jesus.
King James 2000 Bible
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ordinary men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
American King James Version
Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marveled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
American Standard Version
Now when they beheld the boldness of Peter and John, and had perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
Douay-Rheims Bible
Now seeing the constancy of Peter and of John, understanding that they were illiterate and ignorant men, they wondered; and they knew them that they had been with Jesus.
Darby Bible Translation
But seeing the boldness of Peter and John, and perceiving that they were unlettered and uninstructed men, they wondered; and they recognised them that they were with Jesus.
Ripped from:
http://biblehub.com/acts/4-13.htm
I had to delete the last few entries to meet Topix's limits on post length.

And by the way, he does not have to believe that; he merely has to point out that it is part of your scripture.
Thank you.
bmz

Singapore

#32673 Aug 4, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
get a mother f.... out of this thread,and start worry about your size chicken brain and wicked atheistic miserable poor life
better is to FART 5 TIMES, THEN TALK OR POST TO YOU
Doc,

This thread will go on but you will never. Folks are not going to leave a thread just because of a buffoon.

This thread is like the Brook. "For men may come and men go but I go on forever".

You may relieve yourself now. lol!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#32674 Aug 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Anytime.

I'm surprised we have not run into each other before.

“Turn left at pub Number 42”

Since: Dec 08

Homehill,QLD

#32675 Aug 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime.
Go to the Islam forum where you will find BMZ defending the Quran and Islam as the truth and all the others are false.

Not sure how it works.Proving the Bible wrong while the Quran plagiarizes from the same sources/desert Gods.
bmz

Singapore

#32676 Aug 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
Anytime.

Thank you.

AussieBobby was quick to introduce me. ;)

I write mostly on the thread: "Who is Allah?" , where I deal with hardcore polemic Christians, who are extremely allergic to Allah, an Arabic work for God.

I had invited some of them to write on threads like this, where the discussions are mostly civil but I feel they dare not.
bmz

Singapore

#32677 Aug 5, 2013
AussieBobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the Islam forum where you will find BMZ defending the Quran and Islam as the truth and all the others are false.

Not sure how it works.Proving the Bible wrong while the Quran plagiarizes from the same sources/desert Gods.
When Qur'aan talks about Abraham, others, Moses and Jesus, that cannot be considered plagiarism, Bobby.

Qur'aan rejects, refutes and condemns the Trinity or the Triune God, the Son of God and denies that Jesus was crucified and the question of Jesus' alleged resurrection, does not arise.

If Jesus had really died and had been really resurrected, he would not have remained in hiding and moving in disguise. He would have made a Triumphal Grand Re-Entry into Jerusalem and would have shown himself to his alleged killers. Pilate and San Hedrin would have dropped dead!

If Qur'aan had agreed with Christianity and her man-made doctrines, it would have then said the same things and only then you could have accused Qur'aan of plagiarism.

Does Qur'aan include anything absurd as Genesis 12:11-14, Genesis 20, Genesis 38 and other stories of the New Testament?

You will find no Judges, no Numbers, no Mark, no Matthew, no Luke, no John, no Paul, no Peter, no Revelation and nothing from other Toms, Dicks and Harries of the Church in Qur'aan.

So, how can you say that Qur'aan plagiarized the nonsense?
Saban fan

Tucker, GA

#32678 Aug 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban"
Don't you see what your saying? In your past posts you even said you must be born again by the word and the Spirit don't you remember?
Saban, your saying here that the only one that can make one clean is Jesus. Your right and I agree. However, you keep adding to this and you want to add water dunking into the mix. Why can't you say what you just said and stop?
Saban God tells us if you do not have the Spirit you are none of His. Saban, please do a word study on the word [Spirit] then come back to me and tell me what you have found. Now don't say you have done this when you have not because I will share more verses with you to prove just from the word. I want you to not trust me but only the word. Now I know this will take some time to see just how God defines His own words but it is worth it all burning the midnight candle so to speak doing a deep word search. Do you have a complete word concordance? Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Answer to your 1st question: I know what I'm saying. Do you understand yet what I'm saying? Can you place ALL of these Biblical events on a timeline and see that you are negating the entrance into the Kingdom based on scripture that was recorded of events PRIOR to the Kingdom being in place.

Answer to your second question: you, Gary, heard what you wanted to hear. I've noticed you're prone to do this. You were caught red-handed doing it one time. If you'll go back and take a look at what I've actually said you'll see you are wrong.

Answer to your third question: I'm not adding to anything. The WAY Jesus makes us spiritually clean is baptism (Acts 2:38). This is the entrance into the Kingdom. This is where He ADDS us to the church. It is the ONE baptism Paul teaches.
If I stopped short of teaching the way into the Kingdom I would be teaching false doctrine.

Answer to your 4th question have I really read Acts 1? Yes! I have and it does NOT say what you've quoted the verse as saying. You say from this verse that "we" are to be baptized with Holy Spirit baptism. We're you there when the Apostles were instructed to wait in Jerusalem? Point is, that baptism was for them. You and me are not the subjects being spoken to. See:

And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father,“which,” He said,“you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

THEY shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. You weren't there, Gary!!

The statement you made in the earlier post about Acts 1 was completely false.

A word study of the Spirit tells me that WE today receive the Holy Spirit during baptism into Christ for the remission of sins

"Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles,“Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

Then Peter said to them,“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32679 Aug 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saba:
I am sorry but either your playing some kind of game here or you just do not have a clue what I am declaring in all those posts just giving verse after verse. Please, stop with the games this is a site that goes into the word alone and sharing the facts, what the church won't tell you. However, you want to play some kind of merry go round it will not wash Saban, this is acting very childish and I fully understand when one cannot answer the answers I give to one what they will say out of frustration is, you never answered my question when the fact is, I have, and all know this is a fact all they have to do is go back and read what I said and one can spot very easy your playing some game here because of your frustration.
Saban, I understand you cannot answer those questions I shared with you from the Bible as I said before you gave us not one verse why all babies are saved. I shared verse after verse stating ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. As soon as the baby is born he goes astray and on and on and you act like I never said anything this is truly sad your behavior here. Now if your really searching for truth here fine, but if your not please do not waste my time playing some [dodge ball] here I do not have the time. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
Gary,
It is no game. It is called debate. You think you are correct. I think you are dead wrong. You've said you were willing to answer my questions. All I'm doing is asking questions. Yes, I DO KNOW that the questions I'm asking are eventually going to point out YOUR ERROR.

If you think it is now a "merry go round" & "waste of time", perhaps it is you that is getting "frustrated" & "childish".
I do not believe you have answered the question I'll ask again below. I know you give the same lines over and over in each of your posts but you haven't directly answered THIS question:

1 Peter 1:22 says "Seeing ye have purified your souls in your obedience to the truth unto unfeigned love of the brethren, love one another from the heart fervently."

I have taught to purify your souls means to have your sins forgiven. According to this verse I would also teach that they did this by obedience to truth. At the time their sins are forgiven (Acts 2:38) they are added to the church (Acts 2:41) and become brethren one with another.

Thus my question is:
IF ONE IS PURIFIED BY OBEYING THE TRUTH IT LOOKS AS IF THE ONE BEING PURIFIED HAS FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS. WHAT INSTRUCTIONS HAS THE PURIFIED ONE FOLLOWED IN ORDER TO BE PURIFIED?

Is it:
a. to wait in Jerusalem (Acts 1)
b. being born predestined for eternal life in Heaven
c. baptism into Christ for remission of sins (Acts 2)
d. none of the above

if d. elaborate...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32680 Aug 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can accept that because God can make a donkey speak, so God can make an illiterate person speak too. No problem here.
However, I cannot accept that Peter and John really wrote the letters and books.
OK. I can't force you to have faith. Christianity is not that type of religion.

Sowing the seed (the Word) is my duty. Allowing you freedom to accept it or deny it as you wish is the beauty of Christianity.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32681 Aug 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter, his brother Andrew and James, his brother John were confirmed fishermen. Fishermen back in those days were definitely illiterates.
I have studied the walking on water account and I have come to the conclusion that the wind blew against the boat as the boat was constantly buffeted by the storm, so they had not gone far off the shore.
I don't know which translation is correct or not. Can't trust any. Each group translated has translated from different manuscripts. No one ahs any originals of anything.
An interesting example:
Then the chief Priest answered, and said to him, I charge thee swear unto us by the living God, to tell us, If thou be that Christ the son of God, or no.
"Matthew 26:63-65 (removed for length)
A very important question arises here: Why would the high priest, a Jew himself, would ask him if he were the Christ, the son of the living God?
The point is that one has to read as many translations as possible to conclude what Jesus said and what Jesus did not and what others said that was not right.
“No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life”(John 3:13-15). In this passage, Jesus issued four unmitigated affirmations of His divine identity:(1) He claims to have come from heaven,(2) He claims to be an eternal resident of that heavenly realm,(3) He further claims that He is the source of healing comparable to the snake on the pole in Numbers 21, and (4) He claims that in order for a person to have eternal life and thereby avoid perishing, that person must believe in Him.

The expression “son of man” occurs only one time in the Old Testament to refer exclusively to Jesus, the Messiah: Daniel 7:13. Herein likely lies the deeper significance of Jesus’ use of the term. It is to this verse that Jesus linked Himself when He came to Earth:

I was watching in the night visions, and behold, One like the Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought Him near before Him. Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom the one which shall not be destroyed (Daniel 7:13-14).

Son of God?

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. Then Jesus answered and said to them,“Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself (John 5:18-26).
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32682 Aug 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Saban
There is nothing wrong in quoting scriptures.
What the author of Hebrews did was wrong. Let me show you an example:
In Hebrews 1, the author wrote only one line of his own first and copied and pasted :
This is his own line: "8 But about the Son he says,"
And then he copied and pasted Psalm 102:25-27
“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
Can one believe that God said that about Jesus?
Now, read the whole thing, the way he wrote:
"8 But about the Son he says,“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
God never said that about Jesus. It was David, who had said that about God. And David was not Jesus' God. Right?
As we go further, we see another great lie:
10 He also says,“In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth,
and the heavens are the work of your hands. 11 They will perish, but you remain;
they will all wear out like a garment. 12 You will roll them up like a robe;
like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same,
and your years will never end.”
Here God telling Jesus that he did all that? That is why Hebrews is considered a forgery. Forgery was rampant throughout the first 7-9 centuries of Christianity.
the scriptures are inspired. David was writing by the Spirit. If by the Spirit someone "cuts & pastes" Spirit-led writings it is not "plagiarism".
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32683 Aug 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting example:
"Matthew 26:63-65 New King James Version (NKJV)
63 But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him,“I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!”
64 Jesus said to him,“It is as you said."
Here, the translation suggest that agreed. This is wrong, a distortion and a misinformation.
This is more honest:
"Matthew 26:63-65 New Century Version (NCV)
Again the high priest said to Jesus,“I command you by the power of the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64 Jesus answered,“Those are your words.""
Here Jesus is clearly telling him that those words came from the high priest's mouth.
Jesus' claims to Deity:

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32684 Aug 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Your adding to the word of God for a fact when you add [eventually they [meaning the children] will need to be born again,,,"
Saban, where does it state this in the word?[eventually" it does not it plainly states ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Period!
Saban, you would like this verse to say, Eventually all will SIN AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD"
Saban, fact, this is what your doing when your adding to the word of God
Saban, where does it state in Psalm 58:3 that this is an hyperbole?
Fact, this is the state of mankind period because we do not just see this in Psalm 58:3 but many other places as I have shared before that, IN Adam ALL die, but in Christ ALL shall be made alive.
Fact, we are all born in the loins of Adam the first man who sinned with Eve. This is why we all must be made alive who were dead in trespasses and in sins, Eph, 2:1.
Where does it state that a baby does not have to be born again to enter into the kingdom of God?
So, what your stating all babies are saved and all end up eventually losing eternal life? Where does it state this? This is the faulty conclusion one must arrive at with this type of thinking. One does not lose eternal life and gets it back either one has it forever or he is not saved period!
Saban, I am sorry but your all over the place here with these man made doctrines that come from your church this is not the church Christ has built but what man is building no different than the days of the Scribes and Pharisses they had wonderful building but they did not have the true gospel Jesus called them white washed tombs they look nice on the out side but in the inside they are full of dead mans bones sad to say there is no life in them when they do not have the basic foundation they are building on sand sad to say. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
Yet again, the question I asked:

Does God's grace cover the non-born again child?

goes essentially unanswered.

to answer your question about Psalm 58 and it not telling us it is hyperbole...

3 Even from birth the wicked go astray;
from the womb they are wayward, spreading lies.
4 Their venom is like the venom of a snake,
like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears,
5 that will not heed the tune of the charmer,
however skillful the enchanter may be.

6 Break the teeth in their mouths, O God;
Lord, tear out the fangs of those lions!
7 Let them vanish like water that flows away;
when they draw the bow, let their arrows fall short.
8 May they be like a slug that melts away as it moves along,
like a stillborn child that never sees the sun.

9 Before your pots can feel the heat of the thorns—
whether they be green or dry—the wicked will be swept away.
10 The righteous will be glad when they are avenged,
when they dip their feet in the blood of the wicked.
11 Then people will say,
“Surely the righteous still are rewarded;
surely there is a God who judges the earth.”

GARY, if not hyperbole:
1. from the womb they spread lies to whom?
2. who has detected infant venom? To what is it poisonous?
3. isn't a cobra's venom very lethal to all/most mammals?
4. The fangs like lions, are they just while the baby is in the womb?
5. Have you seen a newborn draw a bow? Does a child in the womb come with a bow?

I am stating babies are safe and covered by God's grace. Eventually THEIR sin separates them from God. When the ability to have an awareness of their sin develops they begin to be accountable to God for that sin. And they will all die in Adam because of sin but if they choose to be "in Christ" they can live everlasting in Heaven.
bmz

Singapore

#32685 Aug 5, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I can't force you to have faith. Christianity is not that type of religion.
Sowing the seed (the Word) is my duty. Allowing you freedom to accept it or deny it as you wish is the beauty of Christianity.
That is fine. No worries.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#32686 Aug 5, 2013
Hello Gary,

Just to make sure we don't get caught up in a back and forth on one or two questions, I've made an inventory of unanswered question from the past two days. Feel free to answer in as many posts as you wish. I look forward to your answers!

1. We are to "obey the gospel" as we've been instructed we must do in 2 Thessalonians. We wouldn't know about these instructions had it not been for the Spirit and the Word. Right?

2. Which infant conversion are you going to point me to?

3. Does God's grace not cover the unlearned child?

4. Jesus said “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and the son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you (Matthew 28:19,20).

Sounds like "WORK" to me Gary. Do you recommend we ignore this commandment?

Which portion would be considered works and which portions would not be considered works?

5. If one is purified by obeying the truth (1 Pet. 1:22) it looks as if the one being purified has followed instructions. What instructions has the purified one followed in order to be purified?

6. I was baptized the same way the Eunuch was baptized by Philip. Did they get it wrong?

7. Did the scriptures say Jesus baptized Peter's feet?

If Psalm 58 is not hyperbole:
8. from the womb they spread lies to whom?
9. who has detected infant venom? To what is it poisonous?
10. isn't a cobra's venom very lethal to all/most mammals?
11. The fangs like lions, are they just while the baby is in the womb?
12. Have you seen a newborn draw a bow? Does a child in the womb come with a bow as an accessory?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 48,750
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min Toby 105,619
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,685
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 646,605
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,686
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 1 hr DebraE 14
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,254
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,062
More from around the web