Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#32513 Aug 2, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
also flush your crap and yourselves from here,and keep your honesty to yourselves and those stupid ones blind rats left behind who listen spiritual scums like you
if you are sick,go get dr Shrink and cure your head,before open Bible
this thread doesn't need your long Lies,and dead spiritual crap
Would you like to take over my handle? Seems like a whole lot of flushing going on here. LOL

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#32514 Aug 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Does the Bible actually "prove" anything?
No, it does not. It is the other way round.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#32515 Aug 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to take over my handle? Seems like a whole lot of flushing going on here. LOL
lol!

That was a good one, WW.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32516 Aug 2, 2013
Hi NEW:

This is a fair question:

Why is GoThomas is not inspired by Him?

The reason being New, is this, when we come to the last book of what makes up the Bible in the book of Revelation God warns us on the last page of the Bible in Rev. 22:18-19 never to add nor take away from the words written in the book which we call the Bible. God will add unto them the plagues written in this book the Bible.

God being God He had no problem making sure all the books He wanted to be in the Bible was in the Bible. I am sure if one reads GoThomas they will see no harmony in this book that would fit into the Bible. However, God alone was in control working through men to put al this together that makes up the 66 books of what make up the word of God.

So, we can know without doubt that God is in full control of His word and He alone made sure what was in there was meant to be there.

New, there are many writing that people found that was never put into the Bible some churches have added others books into the Bible as the Catholic which is not God breathed there is no harmony to them but total confusion in those books. This is why the only church that believes they should be in there is the Catholic church, scholars have seen the confusion in them also. I read some of them in the Catholic version and it is very easy to spot the confusion in them.

New, the bottom line is this, don't you think God has enough of power to make sure His word would be preserved? This is the question you have to ask your self. Thank you. Gary
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can share with the forum why you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught.
Any further discussion you wish to have with me will move forward after your response.
While you are explaining why you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught, then maybe you can also tell me where "God" specifically has stated that GoThomas is not inspired by "Him" and is not a suitable document to use.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32517 Aug 2, 2013
Hi Saban:

I am sorry but to move on you have to be able to answer those basic questions please think about this most important matter. Thank you. Gary
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I am sorry I cannot make you see your error
1- God tells us without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.
2- Saban, literal water cannot forgive sins we need to be washed by the living water this is why I asked you the question in, John 4, the woman at the well Jesus told her He would give her living water that she will never thirst again. Saban, did this mean being dunked into some literal water?
3- Saban, do you remember reading Jesus washing Peter's feet?
"Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I WASH thee not, thou hast NO PART OF ME." John 13:8
Saban, did Jesus dunk Peter into some water? Who was it that had to WASH Peter to make him clean?
You see Saban, no matter what biblical proof I share with you it will never become real Jesus has to sprinkle CLEAN WATER on one to save one, Ezek. 36, I know you do not want to hear this wonderful truth but it is God's word you disagree with it is not me Saban.
4- Saban, God washes us by His word and His Spirit this is the washing of the water by the word it is the gospel.
"That He might sanctify and CLEANSE it with the WASHING of the WATER BY THE WORD." Eph. 5:26
Saban, what could I say? All that I can do is share with you as a witness of the word that you cannot wash your self Jesus must do the washing in order for one to become saved. You do not see nor understand this I know, you made your self very clear here. Jesus said:
"It is the Spirit that maketh alive the flesh profiteth NOTHING: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life." John 6:63
The flesh does not profit us in the work of God's salvation as literally being dunked in a pool of water if God does not wash us we just got wet that is all. Saban, you have not proved anything here below it was lacking the real power that is, the living word that washes one, your logic will not help we need the living water that only Christ can wash one this has nothing to do at all in what we do as Jesus was showing all of us with the example of Peter, Jesus had to do the work He had to do the washing. Jesus is the one who said: If I WASH YOU NOT, YOU HAVE NO PART OF ME.
JESUS ALONE GETS all THE GLORY FOR ALL GLORY BELONGS TO JESUS NOT WHAT WE HAVE DONE BY GETTING OUR SELF DUNKED OR SPRINKLED IN SOME LITERAL WATER.
Saban, I truly hope and pray that some day God will truly show you His grace and His mercy not of any work that man does least he should boast in his own work, Eph. 2:8-9. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32518 Aug 2, 2013
Hi New:

That is a fair question:

"Where is it stated that GoThomas is not inspired by Him?"

It is not talked about in the Bible because when we get to the end of the Bible the last page of the Bible in Rev. 22:1819, God warns us very clearly not to add not take away from the words written in this book which we call the Bible which means book.

Don't you think God has the power to preserve His word? Everything He wanted in the Bible is there every word.

However, there are many books people want to add into the Bible the Catholic church has added some books in there Bible but it is not inspired we can know this when we read these books there is total confusion and lack of harmony among these books. There is only 66 books that make up the word of God. The bottom line is we must ask our self. Does God have the power to make sure He put wanted He wanted in His word?

God tells us that, "Holy men of God spoke as God the Holy Spirit moved them"

I believe this and I believe God has the power to make sure what He alone wanted in the word. The book of Thomas I am sure does not bring harmony to the rest of the 66 books, God is in complete control of His word so we can rest assured we have the whole of God breathed word. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can share with the forum why you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught.
Any further discussion you wish to have with me will move forward after your response.
While you are explaining why you don't believe in all of what Jesus taught, then maybe you can also tell me where "God" specifically has stated that GoThomas is not inspired by "Him" and is not a suitable document to use.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32521 Aug 2, 2013
Hi Saban:

I will ask this one question for you but you have to be able to answer those verses I have shared with you in the past post.

Now first of all, you called me a false prophet, a liar, I am from Satan, and so on. I fully understand why, the religious people of Jesus day said the same thing about my Lord Jesus Christ and Savior. So, I stand in good company here God tells us in Matthew 5 to rejoice when men slander, mock, and scoff you for my name sake rejoice for great is your reward in heaven. So, I will rejoice in my Lord Jesus.

Your question:

How does one obey the gospel?

One cannot obey the gospel on his own it is impossible to please God without faith the Bible declares this read, Heb. 11.

1- God must give one repentance to even acknowledge the true gospel, 2 Tim. 2:25-26

2- God must WASH one as He washed Peter, Jesus had to all the work in washing one clean.

3- God must give one a brand new Spirit, Ezek. 36, a brand new heart and He alone must sprinkle us with clean water of the living water, John 4.

4- God must do all the work in saving one we cannot add anything to the work of God least any man should boast and there are plenty of boasters out there. I believe all the glory of salvation goes to God alone.

5- When man steps in and says, water baptism will help save me when I do this act of work in doing this I will be saved.

6- water baptism does not save it is an out ward sign in what hopefully took place in a person's life, Rom. 6.

7- Water baptism is not the substance of salvation it is a picture of salvation not the substance Jesus alone must wash one if not they will not be clean this all takes the work of God in this God will get all the glory.

8- The problem arises when people say I believe one must be saved by the word and the Spirit. However, many churches will begin to add to this they will say you must be a good church member, you must be water baptized, you must tithe, you must do this and that and the list goes on. The Scribes and the Pharisses did the same thing that is, they added to the grace of God this is why they killed the Lord Jesus the word of life because they hated the true gospel it is the unsaved religious people that wanted the word of life killed and the same thing goes on today, they show [hate] towards the true brother thus they become a murderer, 1 John 3:13-15.

9- Nothing but the grace of God saves by His word and His Spirit period!

10- Those teaching otherwise have a different gospel, period! Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have told you multiple times baptism is not a physical washing it is a spiritual washing of the soul that we cannot do ourselves. Jesus commanded it and it is where Jesus washes our sins away. We don't do it to wash our bodies.
The obedient faith that leads one to be baptized comes from the seed of faith that can only be planted by the Word. And, we could only know God's Word because of God's Spirit that acted through the NT writers to bring forth the message God would have us to know in order to be saved.
If "rightly divided" this message from the Word and the Spirit will lead one to become a Christian. Remember, Gary, 2 Thess. tells us we must "obey the gospel".
A question I've asked you before that you've skipped over and over was about obeying the gospel. I'd like for you to discuss obeying the gospel. Exactly how does one obey the gospel? How did you obey the gospel?
With your definition of works including getting dressed and driving to the water so someone else can, while you're completely passive, baptize you into Christ, just as they've been instructed to do by Jesus himself in the Great Commission, how can the OBEY in "obey the gospel" not be a work in you're opinion?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32522 Aug 2, 2013
Hi DR:

YES, I BELIEVE YOU, THIS IS WHY IT IS NOT PART OF WHAT MAKES UP THE 66 BOOKS OF THE BIBLE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS INFORMATION. Gary.
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary
G of Thomas largely is accepted by GAYS and Lesbians
because this fake gospel sound as thoughts of latin ROMAN languge and many places promote homosexaulism
if you read G.Thomas and 4 Gosples from Bible, knowing ancient koine greek,
you will see 100% difference of sentences written on G.Thomas from hamadi library
they completly contradict 4 Inspired by God Gospels

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32524 Aug 2, 2013
<<continued to Gary>>
Gary wrote:
New, the bottom line is this, don't you think God has enough of power to make sure His word would be preserved? This is the question you have to ask your self. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
I don't believe "God" has any power over this world, Gary.
I know for a fact that "He" didn't have enough power to stop a 13 yr old girl from being raped 13 times within a 24 hour period.
http://www.examiner.com/article/13-year-old-g...
Nor was "He" anywhere to be found, nor any of "His" powerfulness when three women were being held captive by Ariel Castro for ten years.
Your bullshite excuses are nothing more than you lying to yourself for believing in such nonsense.
Let's see if you will even address the points I continue to make. We'll see. I'll be waiting to respond if you do make the attempt again.
You want to hear the bottom-line?
That would be - your answer is not a valid response.
Wanna try again, or will you be expressing how "sorry" you are yet another time and just avoid answering again?
Gary, it's time to "MAN-UP!"
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32525 Aug 2, 2013
hI sABAN:

I AM SORRY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START HERE THIS IS WHY I ASKED YOU FIRST TO EXPLAIN MY PAST POST.

You said of Nicodemus:

Nicodemus was able to understand this concept.

How could someone unable to understand this instruction and be bound by it?

Saban, I see that your not understanding the most basic of truth's sorry to say I am not trying to be rude here at all but the Bible is clear that Jesus told Nicodemus this:

"Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and KNOWEST NOT THESE THINGS?" John 3:9-10

Saban, this is why you need to read the word carefully Nicodemus did not have a clue what Jesus meant he even said about being born again he said you mean can I enter into my mother's womb a second time and be born?

Saban, your not understanding these basic truth's how then can I go further into deeper truth's with you when you cannot understand these things? This is why I asked you some serious questions concerning the difference of Jesus making one clean by washing them and a do it your self have it your way self help gospel by believing some literal water can save one by the act of getting wet is not salvation Saban this is what your churches teaching and they do not even understand that all mankind is born in sin this is why one must be born again all the unsaved must be born again it does not say except for babies does it? No!

Saban, you remind me of this man Nicodemus and I hope later you will understand what I am declaring to you also. The fact is, you must be born again of the word and the Spirit period! I understand you want to add to this, I understand that you do not understand what being born again means if you did you would believe all to be saved MUST be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Saban, this is what Jesus said, so don't get mad at me I did not say this Jesus did. All that I can do in love is share His precious words. Saban, you can call me all kinds of names the devil, false prophet I understand but those that say this to a believer in Christ these words follow they are like a murderer they killed Christ they will want to kill you also, the hate is likened to murderer read my closing verses. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not my church.
Jesus died for it. It is His Bride. Have you no more respect for it that that?
He is speaking of a spiritual birth. In similar way to a physical birth, the spiritual birth process begins when one believes Jesus is the Son of God (James 1:18, 1 Pet. 1:23, John 1:12). One does not become a child of God when he only believes, but the process has just begun. The next step is to repent (Acts 17:30, Acts 2:38). After repenting, one must confess his faith that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God (Acts 8:37, Matt. 10:32-33). When one believes in Jesus as the Son of God, repents of his sins and confesses that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, he is ready to be born again by immersion in water for the remission of his sins. The sinner comes in contact with the blood of Jesus when he is baptized (Rom. 5:9, 6:3-4) and his sins are washed away (Acts 22:16). He becomes a new creature, a saint (1 Cor. 1:2; Col 1:13), his sins are washed away and he has a right relationship with God. He becomes a child of God (Gal. 3:26-27; Acts 2:41, 47) and the Holy Spirit dwells in his body (Acts 5:32; 1 Cor. 6:18-19). When all this transpires, the individual is born again (Titus 3:5). Every Christian is born again. When one is born spiritually in the manner described above, he is added to the family of God, the church (Acts 2:41,47).
He is speaking to Nicodemus and Nicodemus is able to understand this concept and this instruction. How would someone unable to understand this instruction be bound by it?
Saban fan

United States

#32527 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi NEW:
This is a fair question:
Why is GoThomas is not inspired by Him?
The reason being New, is this, when we come to the last book of what makes up the Bible in the book of Revelation God warns us on the last page of the Bible in Rev. 22:18-19 never to add nor take away from the words written in the book which we call the Bible. God will add unto them the plagues written in this book the Bible.
God being God He had no problem making sure all the books He wanted to be in the Bible was in the Bible. I am sure if one reads GoThomas they will see no harmony in this book that would fit into the Bible. However, God alone was in control working through men to put al this together that makes up the 66 books of what make up the word of God.
So, we can know without doubt that God is in full control of His word and He alone made sure what was in there was meant to be there.
New, there are many writing that people found that was never put into the Bible some churches have added others books into the Bible as the Catholic which is not God breathed there is no harmony to them but total confusion in those books. This is why the only church that believes they should be in there is the Catholic church, scholars have seen the confusion in them also. I read some of them in the Catholic version and it is very easy to spot the confusion in them.
<quoted text>
So God "working through men" made the Bible possible. I'm glad you recognize this. God "working through men" instilled the Holy Spirit in Christians as well (Acts 2:38).
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#32528 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I am sorry but to move on you have to be able to answer those basic questions please think about this most important matter. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Your four basic questions/comments and my answers/comments:
1. "God tells us without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sins." - Gary
Saban fan says - "correct"

2. "Literal water cannot forgive sins." - Gary
Saban fan says - "that gets no argument from me."

3. "Do you remember reading Jesus washing Peter's feet?" - Gary
Saban fan says - "Yes. Did he use water?"

4. "You cannot wash yourself, Jesus must do the washing in order for one to become saved." - Gary
Saban fan says - "that gets no argument from me."

NOW....
From here on out....
Please be honest with me about these issues understanding where I stand on them and don't suggest I believe something I don't. What I believe is clearly stated in the scriptures.

Albuquerque, NM

#32529 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
I thought I have answered your question when you said where does God say this book [GoThomas] is not inspired?<quoted text>
You didn't. You only posted your opinion.
Gary wrote:
New, I asked you this question, Is God powerful enough to make sure what He wanted in the Bible would be in the Bible? This is what you have to think about here. I believe God has the power to make sure His word is preserved no problem! I just do not doubt God when He said it will come to pass and no one can frustrate the will of God. I know many churches believe this that is, they can over rule the Almighty in His work of salvation they are all under strong delusion sad to say. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
You are still diverting.

If there is not specific passage by "God" stating the book is not inspired, then with you claiming it wasn't, because of this or that, doesn't confirm "God" said anything.

I see through you and your implications to promote a false doctrine. I'm just not sure why you can't see it with what you post.

If anyone should be "sorry", it should be you, for continuing to mislead others with being a false witness, especially when you have nothing to support your position.

Still can't fathom being honest, huh?
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#32530 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
hI sABAN:
I AM SORRY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START HERE THIS IS WHY I ASKED YOU FIRST TO EXPLAIN MY PAST POST.
You said of Nicodemus:
Nicodemus was able to understand this concept.
How could someone unable to understand this instruction and be bound by it?
Saban, I see that your not understanding the most basic of truth's sorry to say I am not trying to be rude here at all but the Bible is clear that Jesus told Nicodemus this:
"Nicodemus answered and said unto Him, How can these things be? Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and KNOWEST NOT THESE THINGS?" John 3:9-10
Saban, this is why you need to read the word carefully Nicodemus did not have a clue what Jesus meant he even said about being born again he said you mean can I enter into my mother's womb a second time and be born?
Saban, your not understanding these basic truth's how then can I go further into deeper truth's with you when you cannot understand these things? This is why I asked you some serious questions concerning the difference of Jesus making one clean by washing them and a do it your self have it your way self help gospel by believing some literal water can save one by the act of getting wet is not salvation Saban this is what your churches teaching and they do not even understand that all mankind is born in sin this is why one must be born again all the unsaved must be born again it does not say except for babies does it? No!
Saban, you remind me of this man Nicodemus and I hope later you will understand what I am declaring to you also. The fact is, you must be born again of the word and the Spirit period! I understand you want to add to this, I understand that you do not understand what being born again means if you did you would believe all to be saved MUST be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Saban, this is what Jesus said, so don't get mad at me I did not say this Jesus did. All that I can do in love is share His precious words. Saban, you can call me all kinds of names the devil, false prophet I understand but those that say this to a believer in Christ these words follow they are like a murderer they killed Christ they will want to kill you also, the hate is likened to murderer read my closing verses. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
So you don't think Nicodemus understood after Jesus explained it to him?

If not, do you think Nicodemus was just unable to understand it because it was such a foreign concept to them at that time? Do you think Jesus would have explained this concept to an infant that by laws of nature is unable to even comprehend being born the first time???

Your quote:
("a do it your self have it your way self help gospel by believing some literal water can save one by the act of getting wet")
is misleading and unfair to continually go back to after I have told you over and over and over and over that I do not believe there is anything special about the water. I don't "do it yourself", God does it when we obey.

Have you yet answered the questions I've asked you over and over about obedience?

James 1:22
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#32531 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I will ask this one question for you but you have to be able to answer those verses I have shared with you in the past post.
Now first of all, you called me a false prophet, a liar, I am from Satan, and so on. I fully understand why, the religious people of Jesus day said the same thing about my Lord Jesus Christ and Savior. So, I stand in good company here God tells us in Matthew 5 to rejoice when men slander, mock, and scoff you for my name sake rejoice for great is your reward in heaven. So, I will rejoice in my Lord Jesus.
Your question:
How does one obey the gospel?
One cannot obey the gospel on his own it is impossible to please God without faith the Bible declares this read, Heb. 11.
1- God must give one repentance to even acknowledge the true gospel, 2 Tim. 2:25-26
2- God must WASH one as He washed Peter, Jesus had to all the work in washing one clean.
3- God must give one a brand new Spirit, Ezek. 36, a brand new heart and He alone must sprinkle us with clean water of the living water, John 4.
4- God must do all the work in saving one we cannot add anything to the work of God least any man should boast and there are plenty of boasters out there. I believe all the glory of salvation goes to God alone.
5- When man steps in and says, water baptism will help save me when I do this act of work in doing this I will be saved.
6- water baptism does not save it is an out ward sign in what hopefully took place in a person's life, Rom. 6.
7- Water baptism is not the substance of salvation it is a picture of salvation not the substance Jesus alone must wash one if not they will not be clean this all takes the work of God in this God will get all the glory.
8- The problem arises when people say I believe one must be saved by the word and the Spirit. However, many churches will begin to add to this they will say you must be a good church member, you must be water baptized, you must tithe, you must do this and that and the list goes on. The Scribes and the Pharisses did the same thing that is, they added to the grace of God this is why they killed the Lord Jesus the word of life because they hated the true gospel it is the unsaved religious people that wanted the word of life killed and the same thing goes on today, they show [hate] towards the true brother thus they become a murderer, 1 John 3:13-15.
9- Nothing but the grace of God saves by His word and His Spirit period!
10- Those teaching otherwise have a different gospel, period! Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
That is a long fuzzy answer to "How does one obey the gospel?"

Question a.- Every example given in Hebrews 11 is one of OBEDIENT FAITH whereby God's specific commands were followed to a 'T'.

1.- And this is something we must request (Acts 2:38).

2.- As he does in baptism. The one being baptized according to Jesus' command is the passive one. The work in washing the spirit clean, instilling the Holy Spirit, and adding to the church is not done by the baptizee or the baptizer.

3.-(Acts 2:38) baptism - when the Holy Spirit is placed in the repentant believer.

4.- You get no argument from me. I also believe all the glory of salvation goes to God alone.

5.- Nowhere in scripture is it described as an "act of work" but the Bible definitely confirms this is where remission of sins happens (Acts 2:38).

6.- There is symbolism in the death to sin and rising to be born again to live anew in Christ. As Paul stated there is only "ONE" baptism, I am "sad to say" denominations have felt a need to practice two when they believe they experience Holy Spirit baptism like the Apostles did that gave them miraculous abilities and they do water baptism as well to join a baptist church or whatever. TWO does not = ONE.

7. Jesus commanded his disciples to baptize in Matt. 28. Jesus gets the Glory! We're baptized into Him! He made it possible!

8.- Matthew 28:20 - Jesus says "and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32535 Aug 2, 2013
Hi Saban:

I asked you if you could first answer these points step by step before you go into other areas of the word of God.

You see Saban when one gets sprinkled or dunked into water in a church or wherever and the baptize this person this act in it's self cannot save one because it is a work than man does you just do not see this yes we get baptized as a picture it is never takes the place of God's salvation we do this not to show people now I am saved because I have done this act because the fact is, most people who get water baptized never become saved, I see most people who were water baptized have no interest at all in the Bible the reason being, only the word and the Spirit can save one. John 3:1-8, 4:23,

Now how can I go further with you Saban if you cannot answer those verses below in the light of the whole Bible?

It is truly sad and I mean this to see people believing and thinking they became saved by an act of water baptism this was never meant to save one it is a picture it is not the substance of salvation it cannot be because we are saved by grace through faith Saban I have repeated this over and over so I think it be wise for you just to do word studies on the word [baptize][baptism] and compare spiritual things with spiritual, 1 Cor. 2. What your doing is comparing a literal act to salvation. Thank you. Gary
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I am sorry I cannot make you see your error
1- God tells us without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.
2- Saban, literal water cannot forgive sins we need to be washed by the living water this is why I asked you the question in, John 4, the woman at the well Jesus told her He would give her living water that she will never thirst again. Saban, did this mean being dunked into some literal water?
3- Saban, do you remember reading Jesus washing Peter's feet?
"Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I WASH thee not, thou hast NO PART OF ME." John 13:8
Saban, did Jesus dunk Peter into some water? Who was it that had to WASH Peter to make him clean?
You see Saban, no matter what biblical proof I share with you it will never become real Jesus has to sprinkle CLEAN WATER on one to save one, Ezek. 36, I know you do not want to hear this wonderful truth but it is God's word you disagree with it is not me Saban.
4- Saban, God washes us by His word and His Spirit this is the washing of the water by the word it is the gospel.
"That He might sanctify and CLEANSE it with the WASHING of the WATER BY THE WORD." Eph. 5:26
Saban, what could I say? All that I can do is share with you as a witness of the word that you cannot wash your self Jesus must do the washing in order for one to become saved. You do not see nor understand this I know, you made your self very clear here. Jesus said:
"It is the Spirit that maketh alive the flesh profiteth NOTHING: the words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life." John 6:63
The flesh does not profit us in the work of God's salvation as literally being dunked in a pool of water if God does not wash us we just got wet that is all. Saban, you have not proved anything here below it was lacking the real power that is, the living word that washes one, your logic will not help we need the living water that only Christ can wash one this has nothing to do at all in what we do as Jesus was showing all of us with the example of Peter, Jesus had to do the work He had to do the washing. Jesus is the one who said: If I WASH YOU NOT, YOU HAVE NO PART OF ME.
JESUS ALONE GETS all THE GLORY FOR ALL GLORY BELONGS TO JESUS NOT WHAT WE HAVE DONE BY GETTING OUR SELF DUNKED OR SPRINKLED IN SOME LITERAL WATER.
Saban, I truly hope and pray that some day God will truly show you His grace and His mercy not of any work that man does least he should boast in his own work, Eph. 2:8-9. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#32536 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
I thought I have answered your question when you said where does God say this book [GoThomas] is not inspired?
God did not say this I know. However, God made sure His word will be preserved for He is God we cannot frustrate God's His plan no way! God made sure every book of the 66 books that make up the Bible meaning book is in all the Bible and He said this in, Rev. 22:18-19 did you read those verses? God told us how He had the Bible done read Jer. 36:1-4.
God told us that Holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
New, I asked you this question, Is God powerful enough to make sure what He wanted in the Bible would be in the Bible? This is what you have to think about here. I believe God has the power to make sure His word is preserved no problem! I just do not doubt God when He said it will come to pass and no one can frustrate the will of God. I know many churches believe this that is, they can over rule the Almighty in His work of salvation they are all under strong delusion sad to say. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Paul said all scripture is inspired. The would include the Gospel of Thomas. Am I correct?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32537 Aug 2, 2013
Hi Saban:

Your question: "So you don't think Nicodemus understood after Jesus explained it to Him?

Saban, where does it state that Nicodemus understood what Jesus meant in John 3 where? The proof is on you to show me because I have shown you from the word he had no clue what Jesus meant because Jesus must open ones understanding by His word and His Spirit read, Luke 24:15-47. Here these desciples did not understand Jesus even when He gave them the word on a seven mile walk on the road called Emmaus after Jesus shared them the scriptures and the Psalms then, He Jesus decided to open their understanding

" Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures." Luke 24:45

Saban, this is how God saves one He has to clean us He has to wash us, He has to open our understanding, we do not take this work of salvation that only God can do no way! God alone must take all the action in ones salvation you want to add what you do to complete your so called salvation it will NOT WASH. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think Nicodemus understood after Jesus explained it to him?
If not, do you think Nicodemus was just unable to understand it because it was such a foreign concept to them at that time? Do you think Jesus would have explained this concept to an infant that by laws of nature is unable to even comprehend being born the first time???
Your quote:
("a do it your self have it your way self help gospel by believing some literal water can save one by the act of getting wet")
is misleading and unfair to continually go back to after I have told you over and over and over and over that I do not believe there is anything special about the water. I don't "do it yourself", God does it when we obey.
Have you yet answered the questions I've asked you over and over about obedience?
James 1:22
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32538 Aug 2, 2013
Hi Waste:

The [ALL] scripture is in the 66 books of what makes up the Bible. As I said before there are many more books beside Thomas the Catholic church has added theirs to the mix but they are not in harmony with the rest of the 66 books in the Bible this is how we can know it is not God breathed. I am sure there maybe as many as 50 other books and parchments that they have found but it is not part of the Bible. I have read some of the books in the Catholic Bible. Thank you. Gary
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul said all scripture is inspired. The would include the Gospel of Thomas. Am I correct?

Albuquerque, NM

#32539 Aug 2, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
As I said, I believe by faith God made sure His word that we have in all 66 books were preserved by God. Now you want proof I cannot give you any only that when I read the so called other books of the Bible I can see the total confusion there is no harmony with the 66 books of the Bible. I just believe God made sure His word will be preserved because He said heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall never pass away. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
That's is right, "God" didn't, and you being a man, or for that matter - ANY MAN - cannot determine what is inspired and what is not.

Did "God" explicitly call out only 66 books? Did "He" do it after 325 CE?

Because before 325 CE - there was no Bible established, nor a canon, so all the books that had been written were circluating freely.

Not until 325 CE, when the Council of Nicea - a primarily "Catholic" concil convened and decided upon which books were to be included.

Another point of interest you have failed to acknowledge is that even then, in 325 CE, the First Council of Nicea convened and the bishops did put together 50 "Constantine Bibles", and even then it had a small book count in that edition.

In 397 - a formal canon seemed to be established - but that was only 22 books.

However long it took "God" to recognize 66 books, and those who think "He" was involved, don't know their religon's history, had never investigated, and beleive blindly.

"Constantine, and the Council of Nicea, for that matter, had virtually nothing to do with the forming of the canon. It was not even discussed at Nicea. The council that formed an undisputed decision on the canon took place at Carthage in 397, sixty years after Constantine's death. However, long before Constantine, 21 books were acknowledged by all Christians (the 4 Gospels, Acts, 13 Paul, 1 Peter, 1 John, Revelation). There were 10 disputed books (Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2-3 John, Jude, Ps-Barnabas, Hermas, Didache, Gospel of Hebrews) and several that most all considered hereticalóGospels of Peter, Thomas, Matthaias, Acts of Andrew, John, etc.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Constantine-Bible... ;

NOTE THIS GARY: I will continue to call you out on any false information you continue to post and you concede that the information you do provide is not anything legitimate.

I don't take too kindly to lying "Christians", especially when they admantly take a stance that is completely untrue, as you have. Whomever you learned whatever from, they failed at giving you the correct information.

Where does "God" specifically state there are to be only 66 books in the canon?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Michael 558,985
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 4,712
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Dave Nelson 773,840
BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981 8 min jack webber 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min HipGnosis 175,540
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min DNF 96,725
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr okimar 53,250
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr HipGnosis 441,755
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 604,789
More from around the web