Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

I am sorry but you have just shown us here there was more than one baptism that is, John's baptism and the Lord's baptism. However, as I said before Saban your looking at John's literal water baptism as your looking at God's baptism and I have shown you just from the word that John said that I have baptized you with water but there will come one after me that will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

Saban, this is the [one baptism] to be saved not some literal water this was just a sign as John's baptism was a sign this is why he said that Jesus must baptize us by His Spirit this is when He alone saves one by His word for faith come by hearing not by some water but by hearing and hearing by the word of God. God the Holy Spirit must apply His word to the heart of the one whom He saves.

Saban, I am truly sorry but your mixing up works with some water thinking what you can do that saves one when you used to believe one is saved by the word and the Spirit. Why your adding some literal water into the mix to save one is truly sad and I mean this. You see Saban, I already said, you will never see this wonderful truth unless God the Holy Spirit reveals truth to you and that can only happen if one is saved alone by the word and the Spirit. John 3:1-6, 4:23, 1 Peter 1:23, Eph. 5:26.

Saban, I only hope nothing but the highest good for you this is why I spent this time showing you from the word of God that water does not save one the living water of the word by the Spirit does period! When I asked you Saban if one does not get water baptized is he saved? You said, no! Saban, when you state this your adding works in the mix this is the true boasting because one is saved by God's grace through faith apart from any works like getting dipped into some literal water that saves least any man should boast. This is why, Eph. 2:8-9 declares this truth many people love to boast in what they do this is why I put up those old posts to help show people like you that many have a do it your self have it your way self help gospel that is really built on man and not on the grace of God sad to say but many will be shocked on the day, Matthew 7:22-23. Saban, I say this because I truly hope nothing but the highest good for you and that is, that God would also show you that one is saved alone by His word and His Spirit. I thought you believed this but sad so sad to see that your adding water into the mix this will not wash away anyone sins we need the Lord to wash us, thus He alone gets all the glory not man boasting in what he did. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you Gary are the one that seems to have the boastful attitude. Anyone can submit to baptism. Why would one boast that they had been baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)? It's easy. It's a simple command. His yoke is easy and his burden is light.
If not for the Spirit giving us the Word and the Word telling us about the Plan of Salvation I never would've known to be baptized. There's no need to try to confuse it.
John's baptism was replaced with baptism into Jesus Christ after Jesus had died, was buried and resurrected. It couldn't have been in place before then.
I'm surprised you'd mention the fact that we are not to add to or take away from the Word when you have practiced TWO baptisms after Paul tells us there's only one now. If we're not to add to or take away from the Word, why would you submit to TWO baptism's?
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Saban, if your answer to my question is [no] meaning, he is not saved?
Saban, now it is water baptism? Sorry Saban, but there is confusion in your conclusion either one is saved by the word and the Spirit or he is not saved period. We do not keep on adding to the work of God do we? God forbid! Romans 9:11-24.
Your question, In my opinion what must I do to be saved?
SABAN, MY OPINION DOES NOT MEAN NOTHING IT IS, WHAT SAITH THE LORD? THIS IS WHY I QUOTE THE WORD.
Jesus said: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
However, how can one believe?
"And Jesus answered and said unto them, This is THE WORK OF GOD THAT YOU BELIEVE UPON HIM whom He hast sent. John 6:29
God must give us faith to believe on the Lord this is why [faith] is one of the fruits of the Spirit of God, Gal. 5:22-23. Saban, it MUST come from the Spirit and the word of God period!
Jesus Christ is called faithful and true and He said that He is the author and finisher of our faith, Heb. 12:2. We do not finish salvation by some water baptism this is a work that man does.
So, to answer your question with the word it is God that must work the work so one can believe on Him whom He hath sent. This is saving faith because it comes from the work of God alone to believe upon Him. Thank you for that question.
I am sorry Saban, but you have a works gospel here on one hand you say you were saved by the word and the Spirit and right on the other hand your saying if one is not water baptized he is not saved. Saban, don't you see the utter confusion in your conclusion? Please think about this. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
In your last three paragraphs you've demonstrated that you believe baptism to be a WORK. I get that. I see what you believe. There is no doubt that is what you believe. I'm convinced you believe that. You've repeated it over and over and over again. But, you've not shown opened your Bible to show me where that conclusion you've determined is correct is highlighted as such in God's Word.

I'm reading conversion example after conversion example that includes baptism and I read Jesus giving the Great Commission that His disciples are to make other disciples, baptizing them. I read that baptizo's definition is immersion, which you've conveniently ignored, and I read that the baptism you claim saves gave it's recipients powers no one on earth currently has.

I realize you've convinced yourself. And, maybe you've convinced others. But, your giving me YOUR OPINION rather than scripture to back up your conclusion. That's not good enough, Gary. Man's opinions have been dividing Christ's body for centuries.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

Strong's [907] baptizo means [wash] read Eph. 5:26

"And I knew him not: but he that sent me to [baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which [baptizeth][baptizo][to wash] with the Holy Spirit." John 1:33

Does one get literaly wet by water by the Holy Spirit? No! He is [washed] by the Holy Spirit not by any work of man. almost in every case it means to [wash] and we know that it is the word that washes by the Spirit, Eph. 5:26

Saban, you gave me no proof of what you said here at all in the literal Greek I gave you two reference in the Greek they both mean to [wash] found also in, The Englishman's Greek concordance.

Where does it state in what Greek translation saying,[immersion?]

Saban, you have to do a word study when you look in the Greek and see how God uses this word. You see this is what your church is teaching but I am sorry it will not [wash] with the Greek rendering. Thank you. Gary.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets begin with your 1st paragraph. Baptizo is defined as immersion. How did you miss that??
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I am sorry but you have just shown us here there was more than one baptism that is, John's baptism and the Lord's baptism. However, as I said before Saban your looking at John's literal water baptism as your looking at God's baptism and I have shown you just from the word that John said that I have baptized you with water but there will come one after me that will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.
Saban, this is the [one baptism] to be saved not some literal water this was just a sign as John's baptism was a sign this is why he said that Jesus must baptize us by His Spirit this is when He alone saves one by His word for faith come by hearing not by some water but by hearing and hearing by the word of God. God the Holy Spirit must apply His word to the heart of the one whom He saves.
Saban, I am truly sorry but your mixing up works with some water thinking what you can do that saves one when you used to believe one is saved by the word and the Spirit. Why your adding some literal water into the mix to save one is truly sad and I mean this. You see Saban, I already said, you will never see this wonderful truth unless God the Holy Spirit reveals truth to you and that can only happen if one is saved alone by the word and the Spirit. John 3:1-6, 4:23, 1 Peter 1:23, Eph. 5:26.
Saban, I only hope nothing but the highest good for you this is why I spent this time showing you from the word of God that water does not save one the living water of the word by the Spirit does period! When I asked you Saban if one does not get water baptized is he saved? You said, no! Saban, when you state this your adding works in the mix this is the true boasting because one is saved by God's grace through faith apart from any works like getting dipped into some literal water that saves least any man should boast. This is why, Eph. 2:8-9 declares this truth many people love to boast in what they do this is why I put up those old posts to help show people like you that many have a do it your self have it your way self help gospel that is really built on man and not on the grace of God sad to say but many will be shocked on the day, Matthew 7:22-23. Saban, I say this because I truly hope nothing but the highest good for you and that is, that God would also show you that one is saved alone by His word and His Spirit. I thought you believed this but sad so sad to see that your adding water into the mix this will not wash away anyone sins we need the Lord to wash us, thus He alone gets all the glory not man boasting in what he did. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
The Biblical one I submitted to is not a "do it yourself gospel" and your beginning to get a little offensive here. Baptism into Jesus Christ, is death and burial of our old self, washing away our sins to be raised anew just as Jesus Christ was raised from the grave. There's nothing special about the water. It is something that happens to us spiritually. This is where we receive the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38). This is not John's baptism. We are not earning our Salvation. We cannot get there ourselves and to suggest I'm saying someone can is offensive. It could never have happened without Jesus' death for our sins, his burial and his resurrection. It is completely by His grace and mercy we have an opportunity for Salvation!

Did Philip baptize the Eunuch with John's baptism??
There is No Doubt there was water involved!

You admitted you too added "literal water" in your SECOND baptism you say was not for remission of sins. If you don't add to or take away from the Word, why did you practice a baptism that you say is not the ONE baptism that Paul told us still existed when he wrote to the Ephesians?

Was your second baptism from God or from man?
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
"And I knew him not: but he that sent me to [baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, the same is He which [baptizeth][baptizo][to wash] with the Holy Spirit." John 1:33
Does one get literaly wet by water by the Holy Spirit? No! He is [washed] by the Holy Spirit not by any work of man. almost in every case it means to [wash] and we know that it is the word that washes by the Spirit, Eph. 5:26
Saban, you gave me no proof of what you said here at all in the literal Greek I gave you two reference in the Greek they both mean to [wash] found also in, The Englishman's Greek concordance.
Saban, you have to do a word study when you look in the Greek and see how God uses this word. You see this is what your church is teaching but I am sorry it will not [wash] with the Greek rendering. Thank you. Gary.
<quoted text>
In the baptisms in the New Testament there was: water - Acts 8:36, much water - John 3:23 a going into water - Acts 8:38, a coming out of water - Matthew 3:16, a burial - Romans 6:4, a resurrection - Romans 6:4-5, and a washing - Acts 22:16.

Only in immersion do you have all the above.

The Greeks had a word for dip or immerse (baptizo), one for sprinkle (rhantizo), and one for pour (cheo). Jesus used the Greek word
baptizo. Why? Because he didn't want his disciples to sprinkle or pour, he wanted them to immerse.

From dictionaries we find that our English word baptize is derived from the Greek word baptizein which meant to immerse.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

I understand your church believes one must be immersed in some literal water in order to be saved. However, God is the one that will [SPRINKLE] one with clean water and this is not literal water but by the Spirit.

"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, WILL I CLEANSE YOU." Ezek. 36:25-29

Saban, where is it here that WE, ME, I, does the cleaning or the washing? You will not find it in God's word and when I show you I can see you skirt over these verses . Saban, please read all those verses in Ezek. 36:25-29, and you will see over and over God saying,[I WILL]

"A new heart also WILL I give you: and a NEW SPIRIT WILL I put within you: and I WILL take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I WILL give you an heart of flesh. And I WILL put my SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall walk in them." Ezek. 36:25-27

Saban, where does it state anywhere here that it is up to man to get saved by getting dipped into a tank of water? I have shown you proof after proof and you will not see this wonderful truth that God alone must sprinkle us with clean water that He alone must give one a new spirit within him.

Saban, the sad thing is this, no matter what I give you it will not be enough because your filtering all this by what your church teaching not by the word as I have been sharing all along here and unless God grants you repentance to the acknowledging of the truth you will not see this truth because it is all spiritual work that God does not what man does least he should boast.

Saban, how do you explain these verses I have shared? I hope you will not just skim over them for it is NOT MY OPINION here Saban but it is from the word of God. Thank you. Gary
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Dr:

If what you said was godly I cannot respond to this I do not see any love, peace, joy, meekness, kindness, long-suffering, faith, gentleness, goodness.

Dr. if what you said below matches with Gal. 5:22-23, then there is not much I can say, in love I truly hope the very best for you. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
you many times repeat about fruits,
but fruits of ancient meaning have very wide meaning in greek koine language known to me,
fruits of God doesn't exlude temporary anger, or lack of sympathy to all those who are immoraly dead,
fruits many times grows on different trees, many of them are sweet,bitter,not able to swallow, or to eat them-but they are fruits of SPIRITUAL trees of Love,NOT YOUR ENGLISH NARROW UNDERSTANDING OG THOSE FEW WORDS OF GAL 5;22-24
But your frustrations are none of the fruits,they are far away from any fruits, because frustration ,cause anger, brake nerves, strat criticize other, try to unlawfuly teach others proper only your own design manners-and rather you are by frustration more VILE,and more self appointed believer as those who express own temporary moments of their own thoughts?
sorry Gary,
you sounds like human who use Bible for your own benefits and own agendas, using mastermind of your own specualtive LR doctrines not fiting Bible generaly sound doctrines?
If I say that WW is gay,
it means HE is GAY,
IF YOU COMPLAIN TO THE GAY ABOUT SECOND BELIEVER AND CALL THIS GAY YOUR BROTHER USING BIBLBE PASSAGES AND SHOWING HIM PASSAGE THAT BROTHER WHO HATES SECOND BROTHER IS LIKE MURDER,.......
this means that You Gary and WW are brothers, and none of them is brother of true believer who is called by you and your using Bible passages as murderer
SIR?YOU HORRIBLY SIN, YOU ABUSE BIBLE FOR YOUR OWN AGENDAS,OWN BENEFITS, NOT KNOWING SIMPLE SOUND DOCTRINES BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE BY YOU,
ALL THOSE WHO I POSTED TO YOU IN MY LAST POST?
also enjoy your group of earthly loosers,
and count only on GODS MERCY TO ALLOW YOU TO LEARN PROPERLY BIBLE,THEIR FRUITS OF GOD,AND ETERNAL AGAPE LOVE having nothing to do with narrow english american word LOVE
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU AND THOSE LIKE YOU
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
<quoted text>
Meaning of the word baptize:

https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I understand your church believes one must be immersed in some literal water in order to be saved. However, God is the one that will [SPRINKLE] one with clean water and this is not literal water but by the Spirit.
"Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, WILL I CLEANSE YOU." Ezek. 36:25-29
Saban, where is it here that WE, ME, I, does the cleaning or the washing? You will not find it in God's word and when I show you I can see you skirt over these verses . Saban, please read all those verses in Ezek. 36:25-29, and you will see over and over God saying,[I WILL]
"A new heart also WILL I give you: and a NEW SPIRIT WILL I put within you: and I WILL take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I WILL give you an heart of flesh. And I WILL put my SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall walk in them." Ezek. 36:25-27
Saban, where does it state anywhere here that it is up to man to get saved by getting dipped into a tank of water? I have shown you proof after proof and you will not see this wonderful truth that God alone must sprinkle us with clean water that He alone must give one a new spirit within him.
Saban, the sad thing is this, no matter what I give you it will not be enough because your filtering all this by what your church teaching not by the word as I have been sharing all along here and unless God grants you repentance to the acknowledging of the truth you will not see this truth because it is all spiritual work that God does not what man does least he should boast.
Saban, how do you explain these verses I have shared? I hope you will not just skim over them for it is NOT MY OPINION here Saban but it is from the word of God. Thank you. Gary
It's not MY church. Jesus died for it. He bought the church, His Bride, with His precious blood.

I don't do the washing when I submit to baptism. Maybe you missed it, but at least twice I mentioned it was a spiritual transformation. A soul cleansing.

It is a commandment. Just as those bitten by the snakes were to look at the rod with the snakes on it in OT times to be healed, it was not a work they did to save themselves. It was their obedient faith in the grace that had been offered and extended that allowed them to be saved. They could've remained in their tents and prayed for God to save them rather than following His command if they wished, but I don't think they would be happy with the outcome.

Now... Don't you have several questions you've skipped over and allowed to remain unanswered?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

Your right there is only three verses that have in the Greek [to dip] but nothing that has to do with water batisim I will show you in the Greek and in the word.

[Bapto][911] to dip. Here are all the verses that has to do with this Greek rendering.

"Luke 16:24, "And he may DIP the tip of his finger,,,"
John 13:26, "Shall give a sop when I HAVE dipped it,,,"
Rev. 19:13, "clothed with a vesture DIPPED in blood,,,"

Saban, these are the facts, there is only three places in the Greek and not one of them has to do with literal water baptism. I am sorry but your church is twisting what the Greek rendering is saying and I have shown you every place in the word where [Bapto][dip] means. I am sorry but you have not shown me anywhere in the word that it means [immersion] this is what your church would like the word [dip]to mean but it has nothing to do in all the verses nothing on water baptism. Again, you have not shown from the Greek any Greek rendering that this means immersion at all. Thank you for trying. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the baptisms in the New Testament there was: water - Acts 8:36, much water - John 3:23 a going into water - Acts 8:38, a coming out of water - Matthew 3:16, a burial - Romans 6:4, a resurrection - Romans 6:4-5, and a washing - Acts 22:16.
The Greeks had a word for dip or immerse (baptizo), one for sprinkle (rhantizo), and one for pour (cheo). Jesus used the Greek word
baptizo. Why? Because he didn't want his disciples to sprinkle or pour, he wanted them to immerse.
From dictionaries we find that our English word baptize is derived from the Greek word baptizein which meant to immerse.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

I checked out this site and sad what they are doing and that is, all there focus is just on the mode [dip][sprinkle] in the O.T
However, what they miss is the spiritual meaning of the word baptize [to wash] the washing that saves one is the washing God alone does not of any man least he should boast, Eph. 2:8-9. they are focusing on the mode of baptism this is what they are focusing on sad to say. I shared verse after verse with you stating God alone must wash us and cleanse us, Ezek. 36. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning of the word baptize:
https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

I am sorry but it was not their obedient faith that saved them. The first biblical principle is, we must allow the word to teach us, and when we see where saving faith comes from we can see that faith must come from the Holy Spirit, Gal. 5:22-23, this is one of the fruits of the Spirit that God gives one when He first saves him then and only then will he have saving faith but the faith came from God for we are saved by grace through faith not of works least any man should boast, Eph. 2:8-9.

You see we must go back to the core foundation of what and where saving faith comes from and it sure does not come from man it must come from God we see that God gave all these men in Heb. 11, faith and without faith it is impossible to please God the word declares in, Heb. 11. The sad thing is, many think it must be their faith and their obedience this will not save anyone if it first does not come from God alone for He is the very author and the finisher of our faith, Heb. 12:2. You see I share verse after verse here for you to look up. Many are thinking they were saved by what they did maybe accepting Jesus, maybe going to church, maybe getting water baptized and on and on it goes. None of these things can save one unless God saves him by His word and His Spirit this is how the true believer worships the Father is in Spirit and in truth, John 4:23. I can only hope that God will have mercy on some and open their understanding to the true salvation work of God alone. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not MY church. Jesus died for it. He bought the church, His Bride, with His precious blood.
I don't do the washing when I submit to baptism. Maybe you missed it, but at least twice I mentioned it was a spiritual transformation. A soul cleansing.
It is a commandment. Just as those bitten by the snakes were to look at the rod with the snakes on it in OT times to be healed, it was not a work they did to save themselves. It was their obedient faith in the grace that had been offered and extended that allowed them to be saved. They could've remained in their tents and prayed for God to save them rather than following His command if they wished, but I don't think they would be happy with the outcome.
Now... Don't you have several questions you've skipped over and allowed to remain unanswered?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

Have you skipped over this Saban? I asked you how do you explain those verses in, Ezek. 36 that I shared with you? Did you read all those verses I asked you to search out? Can you explain any of them? Thank you. Gary
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

Again your focus is in the mode of water baptism not in the washing God must do.

The Greek word you gave baptizo is not in the Greek rendering it is not baptizo for the word [dip] in the Greek but the word [ bapto] I have shown you in past posts all those verses and you cannot get immersion in water baptism out of anyone of all the verses used for this word [bapto][911] to dip, Luke 16:24, John 13:26, Rev. 19:13. Again, nothing but the word of truth I am sharing from those verses in what this Greek word means. You maybe referring to the Hebrew I don't know but it is not in the Greek. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary is main product of Camping teachings and born again to the date 5/21/2011
if he is your brother. he fits perfectly all those born again not from GODS HOLY SPIRIT only from spirit like yours spirit who made you born again GAY
Gary has the right to express what he believes in and he is discussing in a very civil manner.

You are suffering from Oral Diarrhea, Doc! You contribute nothing but junk.

And whose evil product are you, Doc?

Can you try your best to exchange thoughts instead of talking about urine, farting and shit?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
Dear all,
The mother of all questions is: How can Dr. Shrink be saved?
It is quite obvious that Baptism has not worked on him.
Although Dr. Shrink babbles and blabbers, that does not mean he has received the so-called Holy Spirit.
The answer: The only way left is for Dr. Shrink is to turn to God, repent sincerely
and be righteous. That is what Jesus taught and preached. There is no other way out.
Maybe just drown him so he can start over again. Just kidding. lol
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi BMZ:
You are right that literal water baptism cannot save one it must be the washing that God alone must apply to one to truly save one and that is by His word, for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word.

God must apply His word to the heart of the one He has mercy on and He does this by sealing him by His Holy Spirit this is also called [the comforter] that will lead one in all truth the word declares.

We all need the mercy of God if one is already saved or if one is not saved yet.

God tells us that it is good for a man to both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. Lam. 3:25-26. I truly hope for the best for all here. Thank you. Gary
Hello, Gary

Thanks for a good post. I am a Muslim, Gary and I have spent a lot of time on studying the deepest meaning of Baptism and getting baptized.

We have a verse in Qur'aan, which says "Sibghatullah" and that means the "Color of God" but that does not mean that God has a color. What it means is that one immerses deeply into God, thinks of God and becomes fully aware of God Almighty and does no wrong.

This exactly means turning truly to God Almighty, repenting sincerely and becoming a righteous person. We can then say that the person is truly baptized in God Almighty.

And Jesus exactly meant that, when he taught and preached repentance and righteousness. He even went on to ask people to exceed the Pharisees in righteousness.

So, it is not really an immersion into water or getting baptized by other means. It is the person, who turns to all loving God Almighty, repents sincerely asking God Almighty for forgiveness and never sins again. God Almighty would never allow a believer to go to waste and will put thoughts in the believer's heart and mind to bring him back on track. That is when the person repents sincerely and turns to God.

We can see that clearly in Isaiah 45 through this extract:

21 Declare what is to be, present it—let them take counsel together.
Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past?

Was it not I, the Lord?

And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

*****22 “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.*****

23 By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked:

Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

24 They will say of me,‘In the Lord alone are deliverance and strength.’”

Emphasis using *****, is mine to show that the way to be saved is to turn to the LORD Almighty.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe just drown him so he can start over again. Just kidding. lol
lol!

Even waterboarding and dunking won't help.

Doc has to turn to God Almighty, repent sincerely and he has to be righteous. Only then, we can see the change. Even Jesus will not be able to save him and eh should not rely on that.

If approached by Doc, Jesus will say, "Away from me, you Satan!" Jesus was a very strict person.
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Your right there is only three verses that have in the Greek [to dip] but nothing that has to do with water batisim I will show you in the Greek and in the word.
[Bapto][911] to dip. Here are all the verses that has to do with this Greek rendering.
"Luke 16:24, "And he may DIP the tip of his finger,,,"
John 13:26, "Shall give a sop when I HAVE dipped it,,,"
Rev. 19:13, "clothed with a vesture DIPPED in blood,,,"
Saban, these are the facts, there is only three places in the Greek and not one of them has to do with literal water baptism. I am sorry but your church is twisting what the Greek rendering is saying and I have shown you every place in the word where [Bapto][dip] means. I am sorry but you have not shown me anywhere in the word that it means [immersion] this is what your church would like the word [dip]to mean but it has nothing to do in all the verses nothing on water baptism. Again, you have not shown from the Greek any Greek rendering that this means immersion at all. Thank you for trying. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
You're doing the twisting Gary. A simple Google word search of 'baptiso definition' will yield the answer - immersion.

So the Eunuch wasn't baptized in water???

Was it John's baptism that Philip administered to the Eunuch???

Was your baptism in water from God or from man???

Do you add to or take away from the scriptures???
Saban fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
First of all that is OT prophesy which isn't always crystal clear on the details. Secondly, I've never mentioned it was we, me or I that does the washing. It's what happens to you "spiritually" during baptism, spiritually, meaning by God to our spirit.

Once again, it is not MY church. It is Jesus' church. He died for it. He paid for it with His blood. It is His bride. His Kingdom. Do folks that name their churches after men not understand this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

699 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 36,511
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Neelakaran 4,693
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min RoSesz 532,690
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Remnant of 144000 38,445
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min Hate troublemaking arabs 115,057
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min WasteWater 3,951
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Joyful8118 720,436
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 32 min Lyndi 172,357
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••