|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Hi Dr:

I am sorry but I am truly disappointed with your past posts and how you come across with others, I don't know what happened to you but some where along the way you took the wrong turn sad to say. Dr. when you disagree with one you revert to name calling when you really have no clue what kind of person your talking to by calling someone [gay][lies][BS] and much worse.

Dr. the fruit that comes from the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, goodness, meekness, gentleness, faith, long-suffering and the like, Gal. 5:22-23. I am sorry but I have not seen this displayed in your past posts to others I hope you will reconsider and search your heart and ask your self this question, Do I show these fruits in, Gal. 5:22-23?

Dr. I hope nothing but the highest good for you I truly do and I hope maybe you will think on this. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15

PS- Those closing verses would be a good topic to discuss for starters.
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
how someone can be sure if you Gary walking in the truth and Gods Fruits
Maybe your written posts are Lies,hipocrizy, and simple BS of ungodless person
do you have any idea about Fruits of God, fruits grow on the really spirutaul tree(born again) not from Your FINGERS posting about second believer Lies to moraly pervert GAY WW?
are you for sure 'born again" to open your mouth and abusing Bible to fit your own agenda and babling Lies?
you are truly born again to depart from past over 20 years date beliefs and not spreading many times nonsense and doctrinal Lies
Bible many times is against your beliefs and your claims,only I never said this to you
you claim follow 2 Tim 3;16
but most passages by you are taken out of context to fit your agendas spread around like venom
sir?
always realize,that you have to always first talk for yourselves, and not abuse Bible telling others against someone outside,not admiting own failure
"BAD ASSOCIATION SPOIL GOOD HABITS"SO TRULY BORN AGAIN DOESN'T DISCUSS OR SPEW AGIST OTHERS WITH ATHEISTS,SCEPTICS,GAY,LESBIANS AND SECUALR HUMANISTS
BUT YOU ARE DOING THIS CONSTANTLY, AND RATHER I DOUBT IF YOU ARE TRULY BORN AGAIN WITH FRUITS OF SPIRIT
seating by the table of devil is not for true born again(like you claim)
accusing others to the GAYS AND ATHEISTS is not fruits of God)like you claim to have them)
just be shut up old man?
try to pray and find out;IF JESUS IS YAHVEH OF OT, IF JESUS DIED ON CROSS, IF CHRISTMAS IS JESUS BIRTHDAY,IF POLITICAL HYMANS AND FLAGS YOU CAN WORSHIP,IF BLOOD TRANSFUSSION IS ALLOWED BY TRUE BELIEVERS
sir at first read Mat 7;4-6,good advice for you
Because you are fool of false doctrines bad sign that you are not born again for real
get normal life senses,and stop accuse others on the cyber space,not knowing them who they are,and what they represent
abusing Bible is sin
ewages for sin is death.Rom 5;23....
and you abuse on the daily base
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Dr:

I am sorry but you never answered the one question I asked you maybe you missed it so here it is again.

"If one never got water baptized today is he saved?"

I asked a simple yes or no would be fine. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been MANY baptisms, but when Paul penned Ephesians he cleared things up for us to tell us that from them forward there was only ONE baptism.
We don't practice John's baptism. I WAS born again and it took the Word and the Spirit to make it happen.
In not teaching a "works gospel" because you cannot quote for me any verse that suggests baptism is a work. I'm teaching the gospel Peter first presented at Pentecost. Did Philip baptize the Eunuch with John's baptism????
Faith is not developed by doing nothing - therefore by your conclusion faith takes works.
The only people I know of that were baptized with Holy Spirit and fire could do instant miracles. Their baptism gave them powers that helped confirm the message they preached - yet you think you had the same baptism??????
You ask me if one can be saved without being baptized with the one baptism Paul instructs us about - my answer is, if you believe Peter in Acts 2:38, that baptism is for the remission of sins, no.
You must "rightly divide the Word" Gary. You're not doing that. You "I'm sorry to say" are the one misleading people.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

What is the difference in John's baptism and today's? They both were for an act of repentance of remission for sins.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is the [one baptism] you have already said this in your past post below to me when you said:

"I was born again and it took the word and the Spirit"

Saban, I agree with this also this is the only way God saves. However, where does water baptism play a role in this? It does not.

Saban, I believe you misunderstood what I am saying, when one is truly saved by the word and the Holy Spirit he will produce fruit only because the Holy Spirit is working out in this person what He had already done in him by sealing him with God's Spirit. This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit I am not referring to some tongues, visions, or dreams this was all done away with when the Bible was completed this is why God warns us in, Rev. 22:18-19 not to add or take away from the words that are written in this book that is the whole Bible we have everything God wanted us to have. So we can know if a tongue or vision, or dream come along we can know it is not from God because He had already completed His word and now at the end of the book we call the Bible He warns us not to add nor take away from the words in this book or the plagues written in this book will be added unto him.

So, if you believe you were saved alone by the word and the Spirit great. You see I do not add to this that is how one becomes saved apart from any work we do least we boast, Eph. 2:8-9. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been MANY baptisms, but when Paul penned Ephesians he cleared things up for us to tell us that from them forward there was only ONE baptism.
We don't practice John's baptism. I WAS born again and it took the Word and the Spirit to make it happen.
In not teaching a "works gospel" because you cannot quote for me any verse that suggests baptism is a work. I'm teaching the gospel Peter first presented at Pentecost. Did Philip baptize the Eunuch with John's baptism????
Faith is not developed by doing nothing - therefore by your conclusion faith takes works.
The only people I know of that were baptized with Holy Spirit and fire could do instant miracles. Their baptism gave them powers that helped confirm the message they preached - yet you think you had the same baptism??????
You ask me if one can be saved without being baptized with the one baptism Paul instructs us about - my answer is, if you believe Peter in Acts 2:38, that baptism is for the remission of sins, no.
You must "rightly divide the Word" Gary. You're not doing that. You "I'm sorry to say" are the one misleading people.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Dear all:

I have wrote this when this site was just started and I believe it is the exact same gospel today that I teach, This message was over 3 years ago I believe and still those verses in God's words cannot be refuted no matter what man says otherwise. The fact is, all the work of salvation is totally 100% the work of God as one of the verses I have quoted below here in Eph. 1:4-6. Still today those that oppose God's grace alone apart from any work of man cannot explain those verses and there are many more. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Gary Higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Will:
Yes, that is the believer's goal that is, the highest joy he receives that is, the joy of obediance far, far, outwieghs the decietfulness of sin for a season. Only when God applies His word to ones heart by His Spirit will he have an intence desire to do the will of God. I approach the Bible as you asked with a desire to do the will of God only by the mercy and grace of God otherwise, I would be a scoffer like many people also, maybe a greater scoffer than many. However, by God's mercy, grace and love, He had mercy on me, I don't know why? I sure did not deserve it anymore than anyone else because I was just as rotton a sinner as the next guy Will, so I understand where you are coming from, been there done that thank you! Don't want it anymore though Will, because God willed to do His good pleasure in me for His own good pleasure. My desire is to do the will of God. This is what I will atempt to do on this site that is, Dave and myself will try to assist some who are truly searching for truth to see if these things are so or not?
Your right Will, God is invisable and God tells us how we are to worship Him.
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shal worship the Father in SPIRIT and in truth: for the Fther seeketh such to worship him. God is a SPIRIT; and they that worship Him MUST worship Him in Spirit and in truth." John 4:23-24
You hit on something very, very important Will. You see one cannot worship God unless God saves him by His word (truth) and by His Spirit. We see this in John 3:5 and 1 Peter 1:23, We must be born again by the word and the Spirit of God in order to worship God in Spirit and in truth. You see this takes a great work and miracle of God because before we are saved we are dead in our sins, and the Bible tells us that there is not one the will seek after God, no, not one1 Rom. 3. God also says, it is not of him that willeth to be saved, Rom. 9:11-16. God says, He has to call us, He has to chose us, He has to accept us, not the other way around.
"According as He hath CHOSEN US in Him BEFORE the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having PREDESTINATED US unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, ACCORDING TO THE GOOD PLEASURE OF HIS WIL. To the praise of the glory of HIS GRACE, wherein He hath made US ACCEPTED in the beloved." Eph. 1:4-6
You see Will just who is in control of the salvation work of God? It is all of the work and love of God Will. You have raised a very good point and I truly appreciate this. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I BE GLAD TO HELP ANSWER THOSE BASIS QUESTIONS.
However, Saban God has to open our understanding first to truly see truth, 2 Tim. 2:25-26
There has been more than [two baptisms Saban, there is the baptism of John an out ward act of repentance, there is the baptism by fire there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Saban, this is why I asked you to do word studies if you have you would know for a fact there is more than one baptism. However, only one truly saves.
"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unlose: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." Luke 3:16
Why did they have to get baptized with the Holy Spirit?
The reason being this is what truly saves one John's baptism of water did not save a soul and this is what your trying to say today sad to say. We read in Acts 1:5
"For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days hense."
Saban, I am truly sorry but your teaching the wrong baptism here this is why I repeated over and over the biblical fact is, one must be born again of the word and the Spirit, John 3:1-6, 4:23, 1 Peter 1:23, Eph. 5:26.
The washing that one needs as in, Eph. 5:26 is the washing of the water by the word not by water baptism as you are wrong on and this is very, very, serious because your teaching a works gospel fact is, one must do something to get baptized he just does not wake up water baptized no, he must get dressed drive to the church talk to the pastor go into a tank of water and get dunked in water and come up and out and get back into dry cloths and drive home. All this is a work that man does and sad to say you cannot even understand this most basic fact because your church has taught you one way and the word of God is teaching something else.
As I said there is no way you will see this no matter how many verses I share and I explain your questions you cannot see this because of 2 Cor. 4:3-5 declares this fact and 2 Tim. 2:25-26, I asked you to explain and quote Eph. 5:26 and you could not even quote the verse sad to say. Now your saying, baptism saves when John himself told us by the Spirit that you have to be baptized with the Holy Spirit this seals the believer not some literal water this is a sign it does not save you.
Saban, I have only one question for you that is:
If one is not water baptized today can he be saved? Just a basic yes or no is fine Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
That response began with you being happy to answer the following questions:

Gary,
Why did you practice TWO baptisms???
Why didn't you receive the power to do miracles and to speak in languages you've never learned in your baptism that was just like the Apostles' Holy Spirit baptism???

To be so happy to answer those questions, you seemed to forget to ACTUALLY answer those questions, "sad to say".

Would you like to try again??

It would also be great if you could present where you received the authority to do your "water baptism". Can you add that answer with your answers to those other so far unanswered questions???
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Dear all:

Here is another post I have shared in the past three years ago and since then many came and gone, those seekers of truth have found truth only by the mercy of God. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Gary Higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie:
Since you have asked a comples question this may take awile to explain by the word of God. Your question:
"How can you have faith in that you do not know in advance? Are we to just take someone else's word?"
We cannot muster up saving faith no matter how hard one tries because it is a gift of God not of works least any man should boast.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of your selves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast." Eph. 2:8-9.
Now many in the churches believe that the grace is all of God but many will tell you the faith comes when WE ACCEPT jesus in our hearts or say the sinners prayer or make a confession and so on. Thus they make void the grace of God and the faith of God. You see faith is one of the fruits of the Spirit of God when He saves us He gives the one the saving faith to belive it is never first we accept then we have faith. No, God has to apply His word to the heart of the person whom He will have mercy on. When we look at the fruits of the Spirit of God these are the gift of God, let us read in Gal. 5:22-23.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, FAITH, Meekness, TEMPERANCE: against such there is no law."
When we allow God to tell us how one receives the faith of Christ then and only then will we know we have saving faith if God gives one this fantastic gift. These are called "fruits of the Spirit" in other words they come from the Spiritof God that works out in the believer's life as he walks in the Spirit of God. You will see "love" who is love? God is love the Bible tells us and when He saves a person He sheds His love upon them, this love also saves that person. He has joy, this joy is the joy that the believer receives when he is walking in the will of God, this is his greatest joy it is unspeakable and full of glory. He has peace with God the warefare is over with he has made peace with God only by the grace of God. and so in the fruits of the Spirit he walks in. The religious lost DOES NOT HAVE THESE FRUITS THIS IS WHY JESUS TOLD US YOU CAN TELL BE THERE FRUITS. What fruits? In Gal. 5:22-23 what I just quoted.
As I said before, you claim you are not a believer yet you show more kindness towards me when give out the word then the religious unsaved you can see they HATE what I am declaring it is almost unnatual because it is, it is a spiritual warfare the Bible tells us the sword of the Spirit is the word of God. So to have saving faith must first come from God and there are two means by which God saves and that is, by His word and His Spirit, John 3:5, 1 Peter 1:23, God tells us that we should quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord, Lam. 3:25-26, no one wants to wait on the Lord unless He draws us.
"The LORD is good unto them that WAIT for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him. It is good that a man should both HOPE and quietly WAIT for the SALVATION OF THE LORD."
YOU SEE THE RELIGIOUS LOST WILL SAY YOU CAN BE SAVED JUST BY SAYING THIS PRAYER MAKING A CONFESSION, JOINING UP IN GOOD STANDING IN THE CHURCH AND YOUR ONE WITH THE lORD. LL THAT THEY HAVE DONE IS "JOIN UP" Thank you. Gary
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Dr:
I am sorry but you never answered the one question I asked you maybe you missed it so here it is again.
"If one never got water baptized today is he saved?"
I asked a simple yes or no would be fine. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
If one is not baptized for the remission of sins, no.(Acts 2:38)

Now I have an additional question for you?

In your opinion, what must I do to be saved?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Dear all:

Just another point in my past 3 years of declaring the gospel of grace alone. Thank you. Gary
Gary Higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Proof:
I am sorry but again, you come with no verses to prove your point? Where is the "Proof?" I understand that you are upset and I am sorry but the word says it is the sword of the Spirit of God and it cuts right to the bone and marrow of the bone Proof, I know I was where you were at one time so I truly understand why your so up-set. However, you have to go over all those verses I have shown you in love. Poof, I want nothing but the highest good for you Proof and that is, that you to will see the mercy and love of God in His not our saving power. If you will notice I come with God's word Proof as I said, check out those verses in detail and maybe you can explain what they mean OK? Now just take a breather here and keep reading the word and pray for wisdom and understanding and mercy. We all need the mercy of God Proof, even the believer, he just becomes a better begger Proof we come to God very humbly God says a broken and a contrite heart He will not despise.
We come to Him in a Spirit of brokeness Proof.
"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions." Psalm 51:1
"Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from His fierce anger, that we perish not?" Jonah 2:9
You see Proof, we do not dictate to the Almighty when He should save us. No, we come to Him and WAIT for the salvation of God begging Him for His mercy and in the mean time we come under the hearing of the word of God because, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Since God is the sole author and finisher of ones faith the Bible decalres, If He has mercy on one He will do the work not us, for the Bible decalres He that has begun a good WORK in us wll perform it until the day of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is called "faithful and true" in Rev. this is another one of His names. May the Lord show mercy on you Proof if it be His good pleasure, Let thy will be done O Lord, not my will. Thank you. Gary
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Dear all:

Just another example of the salvation work of God alone. Here I was giving Jonah as an example of how God saves. Thank you. Gary
Gary Higgs wrote:
WHAT DID JONAH SAY THAT MADE THEM SAVED?
In my last post, I was dicussing the story of Jonah, we last left off that God got Jonah's attention that he went to that wicked city of Ninavah as he told them. Now Jonah did not say when he went into that city, did he say, "Before you leave this place, you can be sure of your salvation, this is the hour of YOUR decision. God loves you and has a great plan for you. No this was not at all the message Jonah gave the king on down that judgment is coming and in 40 days God will destroy this city, that is all the information God had given Jonah. Now listen to the kings reply when he heard this message.
"But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and CRY MIGHTILY UNTO GOD: yea, let them turn every one from his evil was, and from the violence that is in their hands. WHO CAN TELL if God will turn and repent,(change His mind)and turn away from his fierce anger, that we pereich not?"
No, who do we see in charge here? Is it Jonah? Is it the King? No, it is all of God and the king new this by God's mercy the king said, WHO CAN TELL, did he say, ok, everyone we are going to say the sinners prayer, we are going to accept God today, we are going to get baptized today? We are going to believe in God, and so on. No, the king had true repentance that only God can give one to believe God. You see we cannot even repent on our own, unless God perhaps would give us repentance to acknowledge the truth, if not we are taken captive by Satan at his will because if your not saved your in the kingdom of Satan. Listen to these words of God telling us this.
" And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be GENTLE unto all men, apt to teach, PATIENT,In MEEKNESS instructing those that oppose THEMSELVES; If God peradventure will GIVE THEM REPENTANCE to the acknowledging OF THE TRUTH. And that they may recover themserlves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." 2 Tim. 2:2-25-26
Now we can see here that God must give one repentance to acknowledge the true gospel otherwise if He does not we will be taken captive by Satan at his will. Now I understand many may not like this because it takes "self" out of the equation. However, going back to Jonah we can see God gave the king true repentace and we can see God worked the work in the King on down God said what He decided to do and that is this, hear the rest of the story.
"And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that He had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not." Jonah 3:10.
We can see in God's love He knew He would save these people this is why He sent Jonah to the city of Ninavah, because God had a people for Himself that He was going to save and Jonah did not know for sure what God would do. God has to give one true repentance to see truth that can set the captives free. We see God gets all the glory and all the praise should go only to God for great things He has done. Thank you. Gary
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Dear all,

The mother of all questions is: How can Dr. Shrink be saved?

It is quite obvious that Baptism has not worked on him.

Although Dr. Shrink babbles and blabbers, that does not mean he has received the so-called Holy Spirit.

The answer: The only way left is for Dr. Shrink is to turn to God, repent sincerely
and be righteous. That is what Jesus taught and preached. There is no other way out.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

Saban, if your answer to my question is [no] meaning, he is not saved?

Saban, now it is water baptism? Sorry Saban, but there is confusion in your conclusion either one is saved by the word and the Spirit or he is not saved period. We do not keep on adding to the work of God do we? God forbid! Romans 9:11-24.

Your question, In my opinion what must I do to be saved?

SABAN, MY OPINION DOES NOT MEAN NOTHING IT IS, WHAT SAITH THE LORD? THIS IS WHY I QUOTE THE WORD.

Jesus said: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

However, how can one believe?

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, This is THE WORK OF GOD THAT YOU BELIEVE UPON HIM whom He hast sent. John 6:29

God must give us faith to believe on the Lord this is why [faith] is one of the fruits of the Spirit of God, Gal. 5:22-23. Saban, it MUST come from the Spirit and the word of God period!

Jesus Christ is called faithful and true and He said that He is the author and finisher of our faith, Heb. 12:2. We do not finish salvation by some water baptism this is a work that man does.

So, to answer your question with the word it is God that must work the work so one can believe on Him whom He hath sent. This is saving faith because it comes from the work of God alone to believe upon Him. Thank you for that question.

I am sorry Saban, but you have a works gospel here on one hand you say you were saved by the word and the Spirit and right on the other hand your saying if one is not water baptized he is not saved. Saban, don't you see the utter confusion in your conclusion? Please think about this. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is not baptized for the remission of sins, no.(Acts 2:38)
Now I have an additional question for you?
In your opinion, what must I do to be saved?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Dear all:

Another example on how God saves one. Thank you. Gary
Gary Higgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Armo:
You don't come with any easy quick answers to these quesstions do you? This will take some time to go into detail Armo.
1- First, do you think all sinners will be saved?
No, the Bible tells us broad is the road that leads to destruction and many go therin, but narrow is the way and few there be that find it. The Bible tells us, Many are called, but few are chosen. In other words, many hear the gospel call but only those God will have mercy on, and we don't know who these are, so we declare the word knowing the word will not come back void as the word tells us. The word tells us that Jesus came to seek and to save His people from their sins. Who are His people?
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for he shall save His people from their sins."
These people are the called out ones they are the elect ones. Many do not like the word "elect" because it takes "self" out of the equation. However, if one allows the word to teach us we can find out by doing word studies on words such as, "elect" "election" "chose" "chosen" "predesinate" "called" "ordain" and such, now we know God did not put these words in the Bible just to fill up space. These words have meaning and they are many in the word of God that teaches us that God has to call us, He has to predeniate us, He has to chose, us, He has to accept us. Let us listen to these few verses in Eph. 1:4-6.
"According as He hath CHOSEN us in Him BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having PREDESTINATED us unto adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of HIS WILL. To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED."
Now these are not my words they are the word of God.
1- God has to chose us,
2- God has to predestinated, that is before time predetermined.
3- God has chosen us before the foundation of the world. We do not like this because it takes "self" out of the picture, you mean I just have to wait on the Lord? Yes, read Lam. 3:25-26.
4- God must ACCEPT us, we cannot ACCEPT Him. Now I know we do not like this because all the work from start to finish must come from God.
"So then it is NOT OF him that WILLETH, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy." Romans 9:16. Read Romans 9:11-23.
Now this is a foundational subject that must be looked into. Now I will not just give verse after verse I beleve it would be good first to check out these verses then come back and if there is questions concerning these verses just ask me and we can look into these before we can go on into other subjects because this is the most important subject. So I will give you time to check this out then we can move on from there. Thank you. Gary
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi Saban:

You gave Acts 2:38 as your proof text for salvation and why you believe one cannot be saved apart from being water baptized. However, when we look at Acts 2:38 where is there mention of any water here? I have already shared with you before many times now that the word [Baptized] baptizio in the Greek means to cleanse, purify, and wash, no literal water can do this Saban your looking at the literal water in, Acts 2:38. Now it also states one must repent but we see that God must grant one true repentance to even acknowledge the true gospel if not they will be taken captive by Satan at his will, 2 Tim. 2:25-26.

So when we look at the wording in, Acts 2:38

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

You see Saban when you read those verses you look at the literal but the Bible is a spiritual book this is why one must be born of the word and the Spirit as you also agree here.

When we isolate a verse we will always come to the wrong conclusion if we do not let the whole of the Bible speak. Example, in Mark 16:16, it does not say repent just [ believe] and be [baptized]

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

Now I have already shared with you that it is all the work of God that one must believe on Him whom He hath sent, John 6:29, and again we see no mention of any water here at all but we must be cleansed, washed, and purified and we see this can only happen when the word is applied to ones heart and God applies His word by His Spirit that one is saved and cleansed, purified, and washed not with some literal water Saban but by the living water as we see in John 4, the woman at the well God said, I will give you living water Jesus was not talking about some literal water as you are Saban but the water of the washing of the water by the word, Eph. 5:26

Saban, this is the only [ONE BAPTISM] that one must be saved by as you have already said by the word and the Spirit in order to be saved at least you said this before now your adding to the word with water.

Saban, it is not my authority to do the baptism that saves it is all of God that must wash us and cleanse us and to purify us not some literal water in what you do that saves you no way! You believe some literal water saves one? I believe one is saved only by the word and the Spirit. You used to believe this just a little while ago but now your adding water into the mix sad to say. Please think about this. Again, I asked you before what is the difference in John's water baptism of an act of repentance than todays baptism? You never answered this they are both a show of repentance. Saban, can you answer please? Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That response began with you being happy to answer the following questions:
Gary,
Why did you practice TWO baptisms???
Why didn't you receive the power to do miracles and to speak in languages you've never learned in your baptism that was just like the Apostles' Holy Spirit baptism???
To be so happy to answer those questions, you seemed to forget to ACTUALLY answer those questions, "sad to say".
Would you like to try again??
It would also be great if you could present where you received the authority to do your "water baptism". Can you add that answer with your answers to those other so far unanswered questions???
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Dear all:

Another very good example of the true gospel verses the false gospel, I shared this 3 years ago here. Thank you. Gary
Gary Higgs wrote:
"THE STRAK DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TRUE AND FALSE GOSPEL AS SATAN HAS COME AS A ANGEL OF LIGHT"
Dear all:
There is something in the Bible that SatAn has tried to hide from the people of the world and he has already done this in the church, what is this? It is the greatest strong delusion man kind has ever seen. What is it? We know what made Satan fall from heaven in Isaiah 14, it was his PRIDE. Satan in his anger has decided to show God what got him kicked out of heaven, God already new, but what made him fall he will use on the religious ones in the churches it was his OWN WILL, and he will snare countless billions in the same prideful spirit, to be like the most High God, we can gleam from the word of God his pride of saying "I WILL" 5 times, being as the most High as we read in Isaiah 14:12-15.
"How art thiu fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut to the ground, which didst weaken the naions! For thou hast said in thine heart, I WILL ascend into heaven, I WILL exalt my throne above the stars of God,; I WILL sit also upon the mount of the CONGREGATION, in the sides of the north: I WILL ascend above the heights of the clouds; I WILL be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." Isaiah 14:12-14
Do you see the pride here? Satan said, "I WILL" be like the most High, I will sit on the "congergations" this is to rule in the churches. What is Satan doing in these churches that is the exact same thing Satan has snared these relgious lost into? Listen very carful now! He said "I WILL" FIVE TIMES. This "i will" is taking place in the churches today, how is this taking place? I WILL serve the Lord. I WILL ACCEPT Jesus, I WILL do these works, I WILL BECOME SAVED TODAY. The pastor may say, WE had 12 people accept the Lord today, lets praise God and on an on it goes it looks very nice to the point the Bible tells us, if it were possible he would deceive the very elect of God, Matthew 24:24.
Now there is another 5 "I WILL" which "I WILL" will we see? Listen to what God has said about who this "I WILL" is to?
"For He saith to Moses, I WILL have mercy on whom I WILL have mercy, and I WILL have compassion on whom I WILL have compassion. So it is NOT of him that WILLETH, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
"Therefore hath He mercy on whom He WILL have mercy, and whom He will He hardeneth." Romans 9:15-18.
Now you see the different here? The "I WILL?" is Very subtle Satan had thousands of years to craft his skill and he is doing it in the corporate churches by thinking they got saved by doing something on there own will when God tells us He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy. So it is NOT of man's will, not of him that WILLETH but of God that sheweth mercy.
Now what "I WILL" will you see? Satan has already come into the churches and replaced the true gospel with a gospel that is built on the will of man it is, have it your way, man made type of gospel and the lid is being blown off by exposing these man made gospels that many of the religious will HATE THIS gospel they may say, you quote Romans over and over, yet they will never touch on it or explain those verses because it is a great threat to there own foundation, How dare you tell me what I did, did not take! All this is pride when you expose these religious people who thinkm they are saved when they have a man made do it your self, have it your way, Mc Donald's salvation plan. You can be sure before you leave this place that you wil be saved. What pride! We can see this is the main gospel in all the churches based on the " I WILL" of man. Any comments on this would be helpful. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
What is the difference in John's baptism and today's? They both were for an act of repentance of remission for sins.
The baptism of the Holy Spirit is the [one baptism] you have already said this in your past post below to me when you said:
"I was born again and it took the word and the Spirit"
Saban, I agree with this also this is the only way God saves. However, where does water baptism play a role in this? It does not.
Saban, I believe you misunderstood what I am saying, when one is truly saved by the word and the Holy Spirit he will produce fruit only because the Holy Spirit is working out in this person what He had already done in him by sealing him with God's Spirit. This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit I am not referring to some tongues, visions, or dreams this was all done away with when the Bible was completed this is why God warns us in, Rev. 22:18-19 not to add or take away from the words that are written in this book that is the whole Bible we have everything God wanted us to have. So we can know if a tongue or vision, or dream come along we can know it is not from God because He had already completed His word and now at the end of the book we call the Bible He warns us not to add nor take away from the words in this book or the plagues written in this book will be added unto him.
So, if you believe you were saved alone by the word and the Spirit great. You see I do not add to this that is how one becomes saved apart from any work we do least we boast, Eph. 2:8-9. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but you Gary are the one that seems to have the boastful attitude. Anyone can submit to baptism. Why would one boast that they had been baptized for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38)? It's easy. It's a simple command. His yoke is easy and his burden is light.

If not for the Spirit giving us the Word and the Word telling us about the Plan of Salvation I never would've known to be baptized. There's no need to try to confuse it.

John's baptism was replaced with baptism into Jesus Christ after Jesus had died, was buried and resurrected. It couldn't have been in place before then.

I'm surprised you'd mention the fact that we are not to add to or take away from the Word when you have practiced TWO baptisms after Paul tells us there's only one now. If we're not to add to or take away from the Word, why would you submit to TWO baptism's?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Hi BMZ:

You are right that literal water baptism cannot save one it must be the washing that God alone must apply to one to truly save one and that is by His word, for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word. God must apply His word to the heart of the one He has mercy on and He does this by sealing him by His Holy Spirit this is also called [the comforter] that will lead one in all truth the word declares. We all need the mercy of God if one is already saved or if one is not saved yet. God tells us that it is good for a man to both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. Lam. 3:25-26. I truly hope for the best for all here. Thank you. Gary
bmz wrote:
Dear all,
The mother of all questions is: How can Dr. Shrink be saved?
It is quite obvious that Baptism has not worked on him.
Although Dr. Shrink babbles and blabbers, that does not mean he has received the so-called Holy Spirit.
The answer: The only way left is for Dr. Shrink is to turn to God, repent sincerely
and be righteous. That is what Jesus taught and preached. There is no other way out.
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Saban, if your answer to my question is [no] meaning, he is not saved?
Saban, now it is water baptism? Sorry Saban, but there is confusion in your conclusion either one is saved by the word and the Spirit or he is not saved period. We do not keep on adding to the work of God do we? God forbid! Romans 9:11-24.
Your question, In my opinion what must I do to be saved?
SABAN, MY OPINION DOES NOT MEAN NOTHING IT IS, WHAT SAITH THE LORD? THIS IS WHY I QUOTE THE WORD.
Jesus said: Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
However, how can one believe?
"And Jesus answered and said unto them, This is THE WORK OF GOD THAT YOU BELIEVE UPON HIM whom He hast sent. John 6:29
God must give us faith to believe on the Lord this is why [faith] is one of the fruits of the Spirit of God, Gal. 5:22-23. Saban, it MUST come from the Spirit and the word of God period!
Jesus Christ is called faithful and true and He said that He is the author and finisher of our faith, Heb. 12:2. We do not finish salvation by some water baptism this is a work that man does.
So, to answer your question with the word it is God that must work the work so one can believe on Him whom He hath sent. This is saving faith because it comes from the work of God alone to believe upon Him. Thank you for that question.
I am sorry Saban, but you have a works gospel here on one hand you say you were saved by the word and the Spirit and right on the other hand your saying if one is not water baptized he is not saved. Saban, don't you see the utter confusion in your conclusion? Please think about this. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
So what must I do to be saved???
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
You gave Acts 2:38 as your proof text for salvation and why you believe one cannot be saved apart from being water baptized. However, when we look at Acts 2:38 where is there mention of any water here? I have already shared with you before many times now that the word [Baptized] baptizio in the Greek means to cleanse, purify, and wash, no literal water can do this Saban your looking at the literal water in, Acts 2:38. Now it also states one must repent but we see that God must grant one true repentance to even acknowledge the true gospel if not they will be taken captive by Satan at his will, 2 Tim. 2:25-26.
"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
You see Saban when you read those verses you look at the literal but the Bible is a spiritual book this is why one must be born of the word and the Spirit as you also agree here.
When we isolate a verse we will always come to the wrong conclusion if we do not let the whole of the Bible speak. Example, in Mark 16:16, it does not say repent just [ believe] and be [baptized]
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Now I have already shared with you that it is all the work of God that one must believe on Him whom He hath sent, John 6:29, and again we see no mention of any water here at all but we must be cleansed, washed, and purified and we see this can only happen when the word is applied to ones heart and God applies His word by His Spirit that one is saved and cleansed, purified, and washed not with some literal water Saban but by the living water as we see in John 4, the woman at the well God said, I will give you living water Jesus was not talking about some literal water as you are Saban but the water of the washing of the water by the word, Eph. 5:26
Saban, this is the only [ONE BAPTISM] that one must be saved by as you have already said by the word and the Spirit in order to be saved at least you said this before now your adding to the word with water.
Saban, it is not my authority to do the baptism that saves it is all of God that must wash us and cleanse us and to purify us not some literal water in what you do that saves you no way! You believe some literal water saves one? I believe one is saved only by the word and the Spirit. You used to believe this just a little while ago but now your adding water into the mix sad to say. Please think about this. Again, I asked you before what is the difference in John's water baptism of an act of repentance than todays baptism? You never answered this they are both a show of repentance. Saban, can you answer please? Gary
<quoted text>
Lets begin with your 1st paragraph. Baptizo is defined as immersion. How did you miss that??
Saban fan

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
<quoted text>
Looking at your 3rd and 4th paragraphs it SHOULD be obvious to the unbiased person that one would not know our instructions in Acts 2:38, and every other conversion example after that, if not for the Word the Spirit provided and preserved for us. The instruction to be immersed has come to us via the Spirit and the Word. The average person should be able to understand this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min seriously the ori... 538,772
Satan knows.....that an ETERNITY in HELL....is ... 7 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,773
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min KiMare 94,633
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 17 min Yourbrainisbroke 297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min atheism is destru... 732,691
Appjoy invite code 21 min Im Rk9 43
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min JudgeNJury 257,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••