What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
Saban fan

Bronx, NY

#32238 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions.
I'll get to my life in a moment, but with your statement here:
"but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times."
- How?
- What occurred to give you this feeling?
For me - If being kind to others, generous to others, helpful to others, loving to others and just being a happy-go-lucky guy, then I would have to say, I've experienced this "HS" many times too.
Can I prove it. I just did.
:o)
Seriously though....I do believe I have experienced a spiritual happening. I do believe I was able to acknowledge my guardian angel.
True story....
I was being visited in my hospital room, three days after I went through a 9-hour surgery to rid my body of cancer.
While I was visiting with about five different people, there was one individual in the room I did not know and thought he arrived with one of the others. I looked at him, the gent nodded at me in assurance to me that seemed like he way saying with that motion, "that everything will be alright". He smiled and then I looked to the others in the room and asked, "Who is your friend?" and commenced to point at him.
Of course, when I looked back at him, that being was no longer there, which then began the questions from the others. That was over 20 years ago.
My journey had already begun with researching the paranormal, but this event seemed to solidify my path going forward.
Was it the HS? I really don't know.
Was it a spirit of a passed relative? It did give me an impression that it was my grandfather - portrayed in a younger version. Was it? I do not know.
So, in essence, spirituality in anything - will be a personal experience.
We read quite a bit about Angels in scripture. Interesting story. The good Lord still has plans for you, NASL. You can reach people for Christ that no one else could. I think that could be said for all of us.

I hope you'll consider obeying the Gospel.
Saban fan

Bronx, NY

#32239 Jul 24, 2013
The scriptures clearly tell us in Eph. 4 that there is ONE faith and ONE baptism. Folks here would argue that the baptism received by the Apostles that gave them miraculous abilities that would set the church in motion is the one baptism; its not. The baptism we submit to doesn't give us abilities to speak in unlearned languages etc. We are to be baptized as Peter first instructed in Acts 2 for the same reasons as Peter said. This is "obeying the Gospel" (2 Thess. 1:8) as we're commanded to do. It places is "in Christ", in His body; the church. From there we are to remain faithful (Rev. 2:10) unto death in the church established by Christ and found in the 1st century. The church of Christ.

ONE faith. ONE baptism.

I hope each of you will prayerfully consider these things.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32240 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are too. Are you familiar with Paramhansa Yogananda?
http://www.yogananda-srf.org/Paramahansa_Yoga...
After reading The Autobiography of a Yogi, the Gospel accounts made more sense.
No I am not familiar with him, but it seems to be something right up my alley.

I'll have to check out the website and artices.

Thanks!

Peace and light to you and yours.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32241 Jul 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
We read quite a bit about Angels in scripture. Interesting story. The good Lord still has plans for you, NASL. You can reach people for Christ that no one else could. I think that could be said for all of us.
The Gospels don't ask for obedience. The Gospels ask for one to make a spiritual choice.

Location hidden

#32242 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
No I am not familiar with him, but it seems to be something right up my alley.
I'll have to check out the website and artices.
Thanks!
Peace and light to you and yours.
I really found this book interesting.

Here is cheap link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/156589...

Location hidden

#32243 Jul 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. This is NOT the Gospels. This is the word of Paul.

Ephesians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Peace bro. Paul didn't get it right most of the time.

Albuquerque, NM

#32244 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I really found this book interesting.
Here is cheap link to it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/156589...
thanks!

Location hidden

#32245 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
thanks!
Welcome. Enjoy!!!

Location hidden

#32249 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE NOT WORTHY MY TIME,to judge you anyway,
during NAZI time without of judgement you would be dead in some local prison camp,or police cell?
at first learn greek koine language and read in this language MAT 7;1
BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE YOUR CHEAP LIES, AND BS ABUSING MAT 7;1
YOU JUST PLAY GAME OF IDIOT
When are you going to stop posting your childish tantrums?

Albuquerque, NM

#32250 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DOESNT have any enjoyment,
also you Lie again
Of course I do.

I enjoy watching you squirm your way out of the bullshite and lies you have placed yourself into.

It is quite entertaining.

BOOOOYAHH!!

:o)
Saban fan

Bronx, NY

#32251 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. This is NOT the Gospels. This is the word of Paul.
Ephesians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Peace bro. Paul didn't get it right most of the time.
I find it hard to believe that God would leave us with a Holy Bible that was cafeteria style where we could take some and leave some. I'm happy to say I'm not so enlightened to be able to tell others what can be removed from God's Word.

Location hidden

#32252 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DOESNT have any enjoyment,
also you Lie again
Sounds like a projection too me. You are the one posting vitriolic condemnations, day after day. You find that enjoyable?

Location hidden

#32253 Jul 24, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hard to believe that God would leave us with a Holy Bible that was cafeteria style where we could take some and leave some. I'm happy to say I'm not so enlightened to be able to tell others what can be removed from God's Word.
That's the problem isn't it? What this means is that The Bible ain't God's Word. It is a story of a people. It is an anthology. Above all it is a tautology. I think it is far more meaningful to accept the Bible for what it is rather than elevate it to the level of God.

Albuquerque, NM

#32254 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is far more meaningful to accept the Bible for what it is rather than elevate it to the level of God.
Good choice of words. Very meaningful too.

Thanks!

Location hidden

#32256 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Good choice of words. Very meaningful too.
Thanks!
That's my personal opinion, everyone is welcome to whatever pulls their chain. I like the humanity of the Bible myself. Treating it as though it is God diminishes the Bible greatly.

Albuquerque, NM

#32260 Jul 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
of course your halucinations and day dreams convinced you as enjoyment,
but deceiving yourselves is horrible sickness phisical and mental,
You are most sad and unsecure poor creature I ever meet on this internet
soon day will come that 911 arrive to your basement full of trush,empty cans,cockroaches, you nacked seating by the computer and masturbating your dead flesh
be sure 911 will depart you quick and swiftly to the mental institution own by dr Shrink
your dr Shrink is waiting for you with syringe and white coat with one middle slaeve
now,use your brain and ask yourselves question like this?
am I sane?, I enjoy anything?am I happy ?Am I true believer?
because i already have diagnose about you,
even my beloved brother Gary is not able to make your brain more stabil
How Christianity projects his message.
Saban fan

Bronx, NY

#32261 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem isn't it? What this means is that The Bible ain't God's Word. It is a story of a people. It is an anthology. Above all it is a tautology. I think it is far more meaningful to accept the Bible for what it is rather than elevate it to the level of God.
Matt. 7:13
Saban fan

Bronx, NY

#32262 Jul 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Matt. 7:13-27 would be a good reading from Jesus' sermon concerning this cafeteria-style Bible belief. This consideration of portions of it as interesting instruction and the portions we don't agree with, disposable. Eternally speaking, it's a dangerous way to live this life.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#32263 Jul 25, 2013
How Christianity projects his message.
There was no other way. That is the way it was marketed to crude pagans.

Location hidden

#32264 Jul 25, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 7:13
Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Jesus did not authorize the 5th century Bible did he? In fact he rolled up the scroll and spoke spontaneously did he not? Think about it. The Path is following the spiritual way rather than obedience to the Bible. Jesus' actions were disobedient to the Law of Moses, yet he claimed to not change the Law? Which Law was Jesus referring too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 603,689
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Joe Fortuna 881,395
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min waaasssuuup 8,381
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 14 min PELE78 24
The Christian Atheist debate 18 min karl44 4,104
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 22 min andet1987 6,413
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 29 min Into The Night 153
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr sangili karuppan 7,690
More from around the web