What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32219 Jul 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe I said "faith does NOT come by hearing". If I did I'd appreciate you pointing out the post number.
If I said that it was completely by mistake and I think my previous post would confirm this.
When I was baptized I didn't have to do anything but get in the water. Just like the Eunuch.
Since you seem to have the market on truth, which baptism in scripture was similar to the one you experienced?
I believe those who claim to know the truth do not actually know what truth is. All of this is a great spiritual mystery. Each of us has our own path. The truth can only be revealed through the Holy Spirit.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32220 Jul 23, 2013
Hey. I love all you guys. Interesting points. I would say Gary clings to a literal POV which is simply where he is at. I can't really fault him. It's his trip.

Peace

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32221 Jul 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
I am sorry that your upset. However, I do see that the truth hurts when shown from the word and when one is not ready to deal with just the truth of the word of God.
You said:
Faith does NOT come by hearing and hearing by the word of God."
I said and quoted just from the word.
"So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17
Saban, now these are not my words they are God's words you have to deal with it is not me your upset with but with the word of God.
Saban, your trust is in a literal building and denomination this is why you cannot veer away from anything you have been taught. However, those that truly worship the Lord you hear no mention of any church building or denomination because they worship the Father in Spirit and in truth those are the true worshippers of God Saban and there is no mention at all of some literal building or denomination, listen again in what Jesus words are saying are you going to say this is not true also?
"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the TRUE WORSHIPPEWRS shall worship the Father in SPIRIT and in TRUTH: For the Father seeketh such to worship Him." John 4:23
Saban where is there any mention of a denomination or building or church?
Saban, you see the ones that truly HATE THE TRUTH ARE THE UNSAVED RELIGIOUS ONES THESE ARE THE PEOPLE IN THESE WONDERFUL LOOKING TEMPLES THEY KILLED THE WORD OF LIFE JESUS Christ BECAUSE THEY ALSO THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD THE TRUTH ALSO BUT WHEN EXPOSED BY JESUS THEY HATED HIM THEY SAID THEY LOVE GOD THIS IS FOR SURE IN THEIR MOUTH THEY SAID THIS BUT THEIR HEARTS WRERE FAR FROM HIM TO THE POINT THE KILLED HIM.
Saban, you should carefully read what I have said and go back to my last post and you will see you said: Faith does NOT come by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
I did not put those words in your mouth Saban you did when you wrote this. Now will you also deny John 4:23 when referring to the true worshippers? Please don't get up set I say this out of love and from the word of truth to you Saban and the fact is, faith must come from the fruit of the Spirit of God Himself this is one of the fruits of the Spirit [faith] read, Gal. 5:22-23. Faith does not come from the power of man when they do this or that.
Tell me what do YOU have to do when you get water baptized? Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Are we called to "hurt" one another with "The Word?"

Think about it Gary.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32222 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe those who claim to know the truth do not actually know what truth is. All of this is a great spiritual mystery. Each of us has our own path. The truth can only be revealed through the Holy Spirit.
....actually - it will be revealed to us through death.

The HS has yet to be proven.

Unless, you have some sort of inside information to this entity.

Do you?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32223 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....actually - it will be revealed to us through death.
The HS has yet to be proven.
Unless, you have some sort of inside information to this entity.
Do you?
Can't prove anything using readily verifiable, non-ontological information, but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times. How about you? Do you do any spiritual practices yourself?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32224 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....actually - it will be revealed to us through death.
The HS has yet to be proven.
Unless, you have some sort of inside information to this entity.
Do you?
How about if I reverse the tables here? Can you prove that anything will be revealed to us through death? Do you have any inside information on this?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32225 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove anything using readily verifiable, non-ontological information, but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times. How about you? Do you do any spiritual practices yourself?
Good questions.

I'll get to my life in a moment, but with your statement here:
"but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times."
- How?
- What occurred to give you this feeling?

For me - If being kind to others, generous to others, helpful to others, loving to others and just being a happy-go-lucky guy, then I would have to say, I've experienced this "HS" many times too.

Can I prove it. I just did.

:o)

Seriously though....I do believe I have experienced a spiritual happening. I do believe I was able to acknowledge my guardian angel.

True story....
I was being visited in my hospital room, three days after I went through a 9-hour surgery to rid my body of cancer.

While I was visiting with about five different people, there was one individual in the room I did not know and thought he arrived with one of the others. I looked at him, the gent nodded at me in assurance to me that seemed like he way saying with that motion, "that everything will be alright". He smiled and then I looked to the others in the room and asked, "Who is your friend?" and commenced to point at him.

Of course, when I looked back at him, that being was no longer there, which then began the questions from the others. That was over 20 years ago.

My journey had already begun with researching the paranormal, but this event seemed to solidify my path going forward.

Was it the HS? I really don't know.

Was it a spirit of a passed relative? It did give me an impression that it was my grandfather - portrayed in a younger version. Was it? I do not know.

So, in essence, spirituality in anything - will be a personal experience.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32226 Jul 23, 2013
Hi New:

Can you show me anywhere that I don't believe in Jesus completely?

Fact is, we first must examine our self to make sure our calling and election is sure, 2 Peter 1:10. The only ones that truly can allow for correction are the true brethren this verse declares.

The fact is, all the glory and power goes to the Lord Jesus Christ when He said [it is finished] there is nothing one can add to nor take away what has been finished. I believe Jesus did all the work in salvation thus He alone gets all the glory. Many believe in a works gospel thinking first they have to do this or that to get saved none of it is the true gospel fact! It is all of grace through God's faith that saves one minus self period!

So, show me chapter and verse where this is wrong? Thank you. Gary
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you call this logic? I wouldn't.
Gary, you admonish those that "KILLED THE WORD OF LIFE JESUS Christ BECAUSE THEY ALSO THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD THE TRUTH", but yet you don't beleive in Jesus completely.
You admonish those who gave you what you believe in.
Really.
maybe you should start believing in what Jesus taught instead of men.
*sighs*
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32227 Jul 23, 2013
Hi Saban:

I am sorry forgive me I misunderstood what you said here below concerning faith does come by hearing, I thought you said, faith does not come by hearing. I stand corrected and I truly appreciate this correction and I am greateful that you believe that faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word. So, I stand corrected and am thankful in this case that I am wrong. Again, thank you for asking me to show you where you stated this. Sometime we can read something and for some reason misunderstand one this is why we have to read slowly what the person is saying. Again, thank you for this correction. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain Eph. 5:26. Everyone in the church has been baptized because they heard and obeyed the Word. The Word was given to us through the Spirit. Therefore faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. When, through obedient faith, we are baptized we are members of His church, the Bride of Christ.
Peter was teaching at Pentecost the people needed to repent. He said nothing about whether God had repented for their sins for them already - makes ABSOLUTELY no sense!!
If we ask for repentance and we DO in fact repent, by changing our ways, God grants us his mercy. He desires everyone come to repentance - not just those you say he's predestined to have no choice but to go to Heaven with him.
God is no respect or of person's right??!
Acts 2:38 tells us we receive his Holy Spirit at baptism - why ignore it? You continue saying its a work because your man-made church doctrine tells you it is. But you've yet to point me to a verse that tells us baptism is "a work" (except from your Book of Opinions).

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32228 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if I reverse the tables here? Can you prove that anything will be revealed to us through death? Do you have any inside information on this?
Sadly - I've not died and returned.

Others have - you can read their stories here.....

http://iands.org/nde-stories.html
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/NDERF...

Using this data, one can extropolate many similiarities to the stories. How much of them are true? I couldn't tell you this, as NDEs - to some - are explained away, because of a chemical reaction that occurs inthe body during this time. Some say, the person was really never dead.
- I disagree in some regard to that conclusion, because some folks have woken up in the Morgue, after toe-tagged and/or when an autopsy was being conducted.
- I also disagree that we are judged by an external entity, because according to some of these stories, it is we who judge our own life and critique it - not some other person.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32229 Jul 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
Can you show me anywhere that I don't believe in Jesus completely?
Fact is, we first must examine our self to make sure our calling and election is sure, 2 Peter 1:10. The only ones that truly can allow for correction are the true brethren this verse declares.
The fact is, all the glory and power goes to the Lord Jesus Christ when He said [it is finished] there is nothing one can add to nor take away what has been finished. I believe Jesus did all the work in salvation thus He alone gets all the glory. Many believe in a works gospel thinking first they have to do this or that to get saved none of it is the true gospel fact! It is all of grace through God's faith that saves one minus self period!
So, show me chapter and verse where this is wrong? Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
You don't accept, utilize or even study these texts...

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

"we first must examine our self to make sure our calling and election is sure"

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

- as you noticed, you posted "Peter" and not Jesus. That tells me you believe "Peter" and not Jesus. So in kind, I produced the earlier version of "Peter's knowledge" and shown you what Jesus taught.

"It is all of grace through God's faith that saves one minus self period!"
- Correct - no man-made religion or texts are required to achieve this.

Self. You'll promote it, but refute it at the same time.

You are confused - not because of "God", but because of the men you follow and believe.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32230 Jul 23, 2013
Hi New:

Your assuming I follow some man creed or church far be it I know it is only the Lord that can set the captives free, 2 Tim. 2:25-26.

However, maybe next time you can show the chapter and verse that those are coming from? Thank you. Gary
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't accept, utilize or even study these texts...
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
"we first must examine our self to make sure our calling and election is sure"
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
- as you noticed, you posted "Peter" and not Jesus. That tells me you believe "Peter" and not Jesus. So in kind, I produced the earlier version of "Peter's knowledge" and shown you what Jesus taught.
"It is all of grace through God's faith that saves one minus self period!"
- Correct - no man-made religion or texts are required to achieve this.
Self. You'll promote it, but refute it at the same time.
You are confused - not because of "God", but because of the men you follow and believe.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#32232 Jul 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
Your assuming I follow some man creed or church far be it I know it is only the Lord that can set the captives free, 2 Tim. 2:25-26.
However, maybe next time you can show the chapter and verse that those are coming from? Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
I did. You are the one who refutes what Jesus said, not I.

Luke comparison Luke 17:20-21

http://www.utoronto.ca/religion/synopsis/meta...

Why can't you admit that the teachings within GoThomas are just as valid?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32233 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions.
I'll get to my life in a moment, but with your statement here:
"but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times."
- How?
- What occurred to give you this feeling?
For me - If being kind to others, generous to others, helpful to others, loving to others and just being a happy-go-lucky guy, then I would have to say, I've experienced this "HS" many times too.
Can I prove it. I just did.
:o)
Seriously though....I do believe I have experienced a spiritual happening. I do believe I was able to acknowledge my guardian angel.
True story....
I was being visited in my hospital room, three days after I went through a 9-hour surgery to rid my body of cancer.
While I was visiting with about five different people, there was one individual in the room I did not know and thought he arrived with one of the others. I looked at him, the gent nodded at me in assurance to me that seemed like he way saying with that motion, "that everything will be alright". He smiled and then I looked to the others in the room and asked, "Who is your friend?" and commenced to point at him.
Of course, when I looked back at him, that being was no longer there, which then began the questions from the others. That was over 20 years ago.
My journey had already begun with researching the paranormal, but this event seemed to solidify my path going forward.
Was it the HS? I really don't know.
Was it a spirit of a passed relative? It did give me an impression that it was my grandfather - portrayed in a younger version. Was it? I do not know.
So, in essence, spirituality in anything - will be a personal experience.
Fair enough. Here is the really abbreviated version.

1. I was really going through some issues in my life and became very depressed. I thought of ending it all and cried out to God, even though I was not any kind of believer. All I asked was this. "Show me the way."

My life changed and I felt guided by some kind of other power.

(I spared you all the details.)

2. I meditated with a group at my church a couple of times. I had some really mind blowing experiences. I heard some of the most beautiful and amazing things. Afterward, I couldn't say what it was.

I consider both to be gifts.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have heard many stories. I have heard prisoner's stories. I have heard various "born again" stories. I don't think anyone has a corner on these things. Each of us has different experiences.

Peace be with you my friend. May you live a healthy life.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32234 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. You are the one who refutes what Jesus said, not I.
Luke comparison Luke 17:20-21
http://www.utoronto.ca/religion/synopsis/meta...
Why can't you admit that the teachings within GoThomas are just as valid?
I think they are too. Are you familiar with Paramhansa Yogananda?

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/Paramahansa_Yoga...

After reading The Autobiography of a Yogi, the Gospel accounts made more sense.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32235 Jul 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
i TOLD you earlier with empty jar?????
make two experiments,and you will know what repentance is if you catch released imprisoned fart from the close jar,like prison cell
1 step of your repentance is to start use your a.... only for relief and throw dung from your belly-not for sex
2 step of your repentance is to stop masturbate,or fornicate with others males and females
3/ step of repentance is to beseech God for mercy on your worthless poor abominable filthy moraly life?
enter 3 steps, this is anrrow road maybe to be saved
Are you judging me again? You don't believe what is written in Matthew 7:1?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32236 Jul 23, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
i TOLD you earlier with empty jar?????
make two experiments,and you will know what repentance is if you catch released imprisoned fart from the close jar,like prison cell
1 step of your repentance is to start use your a.... only for relief and throw dung from your belly-not for sex
2 step of your repentance is to stop masturbate,or fornicate with others males and females
3/ step of repentance is to beseech God for mercy on your worthless poor abominable filthy moraly life?
enter 3 steps, this is anrrow road maybe to be saved
Repentance has nothing to do with sexuality. It has to do with making time to seek God instead of wasting time on the things of the world. Repentance simply means changing one's direction and focus. It means seeking guidance from a higher power.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32237 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions.
I'll get to my life in a moment, but with your statement here:
"but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times."
- How?
- What occurred to give you this feeling?
For me - If being kind to others, generous to others, helpful to others, loving to others and just being a happy-go-lucky guy, then I would have to say, I've experienced this "HS" many times too.
Can I prove it. I just did.
:o)
Seriously though....I do believe I have experienced a spiritual happening. I do believe I was able to acknowledge my guardian angel.
True story....
I was being visited in my hospital room, three days after I went through a 9-hour surgery to rid my body of cancer.
While I was visiting with about five different people, there was one individual in the room I did not know and thought he arrived with one of the others. I looked at him, the gent nodded at me in assurance to me that seemed like he way saying with that motion, "that everything will be alright". He smiled and then I looked to the others in the room and asked, "Who is your friend?" and commenced to point at him.
Of course, when I looked back at him, that being was no longer there, which then began the questions from the others. That was over 20 years ago.
My journey had already begun with researching the paranormal, but this event seemed to solidify my path going forward.
Was it the HS? I really don't know.
Was it a spirit of a passed relative? It did give me an impression that it was my grandfather - portrayed in a younger version. Was it? I do not know.
So, in essence, spirituality in anything - will be a personal experience.
Thanks. I couldn't agree more with the things you have just said.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32238 Jul 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions.
I'll get to my life in a moment, but with your statement here:
"but I feel as though I have experienced what might be called the Holy Spirit many times."
- How?
- What occurred to give you this feeling?
For me - If being kind to others, generous to others, helpful to others, loving to others and just being a happy-go-lucky guy, then I would have to say, I've experienced this "HS" many times too.
Can I prove it. I just did.
:o)
Seriously though....I do believe I have experienced a spiritual happening. I do believe I was able to acknowledge my guardian angel.
True story....
I was being visited in my hospital room, three days after I went through a 9-hour surgery to rid my body of cancer.
While I was visiting with about five different people, there was one individual in the room I did not know and thought he arrived with one of the others. I looked at him, the gent nodded at me in assurance to me that seemed like he way saying with that motion, "that everything will be alright". He smiled and then I looked to the others in the room and asked, "Who is your friend?" and commenced to point at him.
Of course, when I looked back at him, that being was no longer there, which then began the questions from the others. That was over 20 years ago.
My journey had already begun with researching the paranormal, but this event seemed to solidify my path going forward.
Was it the HS? I really don't know.
Was it a spirit of a passed relative? It did give me an impression that it was my grandfather - portrayed in a younger version. Was it? I do not know.
So, in essence, spirituality in anything - will be a personal experience.
We read quite a bit about Angels in scripture. Interesting story. The good Lord still has plans for you, NASL. You can reach people for Christ that no one else could. I think that could be said for all of us.

I hope you'll consider obeying the Gospel.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32239 Jul 24, 2013
The scriptures clearly tell us in Eph. 4 that there is ONE faith and ONE baptism. Folks here would argue that the baptism received by the Apostles that gave them miraculous abilities that would set the church in motion is the one baptism; its not. The baptism we submit to doesn't give us abilities to speak in unlearned languages etc. We are to be baptized as Peter first instructed in Acts 2 for the same reasons as Peter said. This is "obeying the Gospel" (2 Thess. 1:8) as we're commanded to do. It places is "in Christ", in His body; the church. From there we are to remain faithful (Rev. 2:10) unto death in the church established by Christ and found in the 1st century. The church of Christ.

ONE faith. ONE baptism.

I hope each of you will prayerfully consider these things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 104,409
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 672,794
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min somebody 184,567
American Soldiers - Profiles In cowardice. (Mar '10) 48 min Ricky F 1,990
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 981,116
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr axc 1137 17
Let your Pigs sequel some more God!!! 3 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr onemale 286,297
More from around the web