What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32184 Jul 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own words, what does repentance mean?
Making a U-turn.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32185 Jul 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That is but one church among many. What church is associated with the Hebrew Scripture?
There was no church then. The church is the Bride of Christ. The Hebrew scripture pre-dates Jesus' 33 years on earth as a man.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32186 Jul 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a U-turn.
Good. You have the idea, partly that is.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32187 Jul 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church claims to be Jesus' Church. Is that claim correct?
The Roman Catholic Church looks nothing like the first century church we read about in the NT. it's not governed the same, it worships differently and practices many things differently than the church we read about in scripture. The Apostacy we're warned about in scripture is manifest in the Catholic Church.

It can date itself back a long ways but the Catholic Church you see today is an invention of man.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32188 Jul 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that the religious authorities did not have a church? Are you kidding me?
And the Lone Ranger didn't have a car.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32189 Jul 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The church is God's Kingdom? Sorry, defining God's Kingdom as such diminishes God greatly. Your God is too small.
Actually it's the Lord's Kingdom. Just as he told people face to face, many would not die before they saw his Kingdom come with power. It arrived in Acts 2. It will reign for eternity.

Location hidden

#32190 Jul 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's the Lord's Kingdom. Just as he told people face to face, many would not die before they saw his Kingdom come with power. It arrived in Acts 2. It will reign for eternity.
Sorry, that isn't the Kingdom. Nice try though. Your God is really puny.

Location hidden

#32191 Jul 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Lone Ranger didn't have a car.
What a relief. You were kidding me after all. I thought so.

Location hidden

#32192 Jul 22, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church looks nothing like the first century church we read about in the NT. it's not governed the same, it worships differently and practices many things differently than the church we read about in scripture. The Apostacy we're warned about in scripture is manifest in the Catholic Church.
It can date itself back a long ways but the Catholic Church you see today is an invention of man.
So Jesus didn't establish a church with many sects as you stated previously?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#32193 Jul 22, 2013
Hi Saban:

First of all when you say you can explain Eph. 5:26 it is always good to quote the verse and go over it word by word in detail explaining the verse to see if your conclusion is in harmony with the whole of the Bible. I am sorry Saban you have not done this at all.

1- You declare: Therefore faith does NOT come by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:10

You do error not knowing the scriptures Saban, your problem is not what I think it is with God Himself He said these words I did not.

Saban, you said the word was given to us through the Spirit.

Saban, this is only the case if one is first born again by the word and the Spirit, John 3:1-6, 1 Peter 1:23, John 4:23

I have quoted Romans 10:17 many, many, times you never bothered to search the scriptures out sad to say if you did you would know that faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Saban, your saying God is wrong here.

Saban, where does it state that we are a member of God's church when one is water baptized?

God tells us how He saves one and I have shared this with you over and over it is by God's grace through faith not of works least any man should boast, Eph. 2:8-9

Faith is not mustered up by what you or anyone does no way! Faith is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit, Gal. 5:22-23, and if your not saved by the word and the Spirit you are not a part or member of the eternal church of the true body of believers your a church member of a literal denomination of some kind.

Jesus tells us that He must give one the gift of faith because He alone is the author the one who starts the faith and He is the finisher of ones faith, Heb. 12:2. You really should look up those verses and pray for mercy in wisdom and understanding because your way off on these issues and it is very easy to show you from the word and why your in error. I hope Romans 10:17 can correct your error because for the true believer only the scriptures are for correction, reproof, and for instruction, 2 Tim. 3:16

Saban we are made clean and washed and sanctified by the washing of the water by the word it does not say we are clean when one gets water baptized.

"That He might SANCTIFY and CLEANSE it with the WASHING of WATER by THE WORD." Ehp.5:26

Saban, where does it state in this verse that we are made clean, and washed, and sanctified by literal water baptism? It does not state this at all in this verse this is why you did not want to quote the verse, this is what happens when you would rather believe in what your church teaches over the true word of God. You have to allow for correction by the word only. We are washed by the word this is why it states, So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, Romans 10:17. This is why God tells us we are saved by grace through faith. Saban, read Heb. 4 this may help you show that it is all the work of God.

Saban, I have shown you that one cannot repent unless God grants one to repent to see the truth, 2 Tim. 2:25-26. Fact, God must do it all and many hate this truth. I know this will make no sense to you unless God gives you understanding. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain Eph. 5:26. Everyone in the church has been baptized because they heard and obeyed the Word. The Word was given to us through the Spirit. Therefore faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. When, through obedient faith, we are baptized we are members of His church, the Bride of Christ.
Peter was teaching at Pentecost the people needed to repent. He said nothing about whether God had repented for their sins for them already - makes ABSOLUTELY no sense!!
If we ask for repentance and we DO in fact repent, by changing our ways, God grants us his mercy. He desires everyone come to repentance .
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32194 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What a relief. You were kidding me after all. I thought so.
So the Lone Ranger did have a car???!
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32195 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that isn't the Kingdom. Nice try though. Your God is really puny.
What then is the Kingdom that Jesus said would come with power before many in his audience died?
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32196 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is His church (kingdom). He gave Peter the keys to it and Peter presented it to the Jews first in Acts 2.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32197 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The body He established didn't have sects. He is the head and it is ONE body. Man invented the sects.
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32198 Jul 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
First of all when you say you can explain Eph. 5:26 it is always good to quote the verse and go over it word by word in detail explaining the verse to see if your conclusion is in harmony with the whole of the Bible. I am sorry Saban you have not done this at all.
1- You declare: Therefore faith does NOT come by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
You do error not knowing the scriptures Saban, your problem is not what I think it is with God Himself He said these words I did not.
Saban, this is only the case if one is first born again by the word and the Spirit, John 3:1-6, 1 Peter 1:23, John 4:23
I have quoted Romans 10:17 many, many, times you never bothered to search the scriptures out sad to say if you did you would know that faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Saban, your saying God is wrong here.
Saban, where does it state that we are a member of God's church when one is water baptized?
God tells us how He saves one and I have shared this with you over and over it is by God's grace through faith not of works least any man should boast, Eph. 2:8-9
Faith is not mustered up by what you or anyone does no way! Faith is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit, Gal. 5:22-23, and if your not saved by the word and the Spirit you are not a part or member of the eternal church of the true body of believers your a church member of a literal denomination of some kind.
Jesus tells us that He must give one the gift of faith because He alone is the author the one who starts the faith and He is the finisher of ones faith, Heb. 12:2. You really should look up those verses and pray for mercy in wisdom and understanding because your way off on these issues and it is very easy to show you from the word and why your in error. I hope Romans 10:17 can correct your error because for the true believer only the scriptures are for correction, reproof, and for instruction, 2 Tim. 3:16
Saban we are made clean and washed and sanctified by the washing of the water by the word it does not say we are clean when one gets water baptized.
"That He might SANCTIFY and CLEANSE it with the WASHING of WATER by THE WORD." Ehp.5:26
Saban, where does it state in this verse that we are made clean, and washed, and sanctified by literal water baptism? It does not state this at all in this verse this is why you did not want to quote the verse, this is what happens when you would rather believe in what your church teaches over the true word of God. You have to allow for correction by the word only. We are washed by the word this is why it states, So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God, Romans 10:17. This is why God tells us we are saved by grace through faith. Saban, read Heb. 4 this may help you show that it is all the work of God.
Saban, I have shown you that one cannot repent unless God grants one to repent to see the truth, 2 Tim. 2:25-26. Fact, God must do it all and many hate this truth. I know this will make no sense to you unless God gives you understanding. Gary
<quoted text>
Before I finish reading this I have to stop at your #1 which is a COMPLETELY FALSE statement you've made about what I've said. Be honest in this. Don't place words in my mouth and then refute them. I'm not your strawman.

Location hidden

#32199 Jul 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Lone Ranger did have a car???!
Yes he did have a car.

Location hidden

#32200 Jul 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is His church (kingdom). He gave Peter the keys to it and Peter presented it to the Jews first in Acts 2.
The Roman Church brought us the Bible in the 5th century. The Kingdom of God is not a physical church.

Location hidden

#32201 Jul 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The body He established didn't have sects. He is the head and it is ONE body. Man invented the sects.
You already disrespected one of those sects. How can you do this and then claim that there is one body?
Saban fan

Springfield, NJ

#32202 Jul 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
<quoted text>
How would we have ever heard if not for the Spirit that preserved the Word for us? Faith comes by hearing. Correct. I've not said otherwise. We first have to hear the Word to believe it. Obvious...

How would we have heard the Word if not for the Spirit that's preserved God's Word for us?

Location hidden

#32203 Jul 23, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shortly after Jesus died, many sects and cults started to form. If Jesus is the physical manifestation of God, he would expect this to happen. Am I correct?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Frank N Stine 15,642
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 683,625
USA Today, says Jehovah's Witnesses is the fast... (Feb '08) 9 min BORN AGAIN PAST JW 63
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Gabriel 983,073
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 19 min REBUKING EVIL 19
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 1 hr andet1987 85
food lion employee abuse 1 hr panther81 7
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr harsh rebukes evi... 619,688
More from around the web