What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31740 Jul 8, 2013
Hi Wsate:

Yes, Jesus taught about those things and many other things in great detail. Jesus tells us that only the scriptures are able to make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, 2 Tim. 3:15-16. God also tells us that only His word can set the captives free, 1 Peter 1:23.

So, my question is, do I believe in just some of the word of God or do I believe by the mercy of God all the word of God as God breathed? 2 Tim. 3:16.

You see Wsste, I can only speak of myself here. When I read those verses and many like those I had to ask my self this most important question and that is, Is God telling me the truth when He said My word is truth, John 17:17. I could not just skim over those verses anymore because I was being convicted of these truth's by the word and the Spirit of God. All that I can say is, I cryed out for the mercy of God and I still do even more today It may not be for salvation but it is for strength and grace to show His fruits in me instead of walking in the flesh I want to walk in the Spirit and I see myself coming up short from time to time but by the mercy of God I still press towards the mark of the High calling in Christ Jesus. I guess you can say I have become a better beggar, that's all. Thank you. Gary
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. There are many high beings in the world. Most use some type of meditation or prayer to reach a higher state of being. I take exception with the concept of "knowing God," which is presumptuous. Reading Holy Books and Scripture can only help us to find a path toward the God head. Jesus spoke about such a path did he not? Early followers were called people of "The Way."
2. Jesus taught about the Holy Spirit did he not?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31741 Jul 8, 2013
Hi Saban:

Yes, you are correct there are places in the word where the word tells us to call upon the name of the Lord and verses like Behold, I stand at the door and knock, those who HEAR my voice and open the door I will come into him and sup with him and he with me.

There are many verses that tells us these facts.

HOWEVER,, THE WORD DOES NOT COUNTERDICT ITSELF THERE ARE ONLY APPERANT COUNERDICTIONS.

The word makes it very, very clear in the word that we are born dead and in sins Rom. 3:10-12, Eph. 2:1

"You hath He made alive who where dead in trespasses and in sins." Eph. 2:1

God tells us that we are so dead in sins we will never seek God no not one, why? Because we are spiritually dead in sins.Rm. 3:10-12

If we were all born alive in Christ then Christ died in vain God forbid!

Any verse you share with me like those verse can be exaplained in the light of the whole Bible . Yes, we can take a few verses here and there and come up with a doctrine but is it in harmony with all the word?

God gives us key words to look for the one verse about Jesus at the door and those that HEAR His voice can come in, what is the [key] word? Yes, the word HEAR only those that has ears to hear will come to the Lord because the Lord already gave the one whom He saves those ears to hear the true gospel this is why Jesus said, No man can come to me unless the Father which sent me draws him. Again, this is why Jesus said in John 15:16, You have not chosen me but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bear forth fruit,," We read in Rev. 2 and 3 over and over those that HEAR let him HEAR what saith the Spirit. Only those that are born again by the word and the Spirit will hear and they will come to the Lord and they will open the door the reason why the work of salvation was already done this is why the Lord said, Many are called but few are chosen. In other words many hear with the literal ear and they do not come why? Because they have no spiritual ears to hear, this is a HUGE difference here.

I welcome any verse you quote me and if I cannot answer this in the light of the whole of the Bible then I need to do more home work. However, I have done a great deal of word studies we cannot accept Him He must accept us, read, Eph. 1:4-6. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Twice in this post you've mentioned that we "know in part". This was written to the Christians in Corinth - in their time. They lived in a time where Christians had to rely on miracles and signs to confirm what the Apostles/disciples were teaching was from God. Why? Because that which was perfect had not yet arrived. When completeness comes that which is "in part" would vanish away. Today we have that which is complete (the Bible) and that which is "in part" (instant miracles / speaking the gospel in languages not studied etc) has vanished away. We can KNOW today - not "in part" but completely.
You asked me where the bible state's that one can accept Jesus and become saved. It doesn't. It would be false teaching to tell someone they can be saved if they accept Jesus. Peter did say we were to "call upon the name of the Lord" in Acts 2. How does someone do this? Well, later in the chapter he's asked what must be done to be saved. His answer, in Acts 2:38, effectively tells us how to "call upon the name of the Lord."
I don't believe we are born dead in sins. Here's a short article explaining this doctrine:
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
I'm nowhere near a commentary to help with the verse in Ephesians, but I can say that Paul is writing the Christians in Ephesus. They've been adopted into God's family. This was a part of God's plan and His purpose before the foundation of the world. He predestined us to be His children through Christ Jesus. Romans 3:25 instructs us the blood of Christ covers sins of those who have obedient faith. Therefore obedient believers in Jesus are adopted.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31742 Jul 8, 2013
Hi Saban:

You said concerning "knowing in part" they had to rely on miricles this was the reason why they only knew in part you said.

I am sorry Saban but we have to look at the context of the chapter those verses that follow says different.

"For we know in part, and we [pophesy in part. But when that which IS PERFECT is come THEN that which is in part shall be done away."

"For NOW we see through a glass darkly; but THEN FACE TO FACE: now I know in part; BUT THEN SHALL I KNOW EVEN AS ALSO I AM KNOWN." 1 Cor. 13:8-9, 12.

Saban, you see here it does not say they had to rely on signs and miricles no way. It tells us in the context when we are face to face, when will that be? Yes, when one is with the Lord in heaven then he will know as he is known. This is why we all only know in part because we are not face to face with the Lord are we? Who is the one that is perfect to come? Yes, it is the Lord Jesus. He is the only one that is perfect is He not?

The fact is, God tells us an evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign and wonder, Jesus said that the only sign I will show you is the sign of the prophet Jonah. The reason why, is, it has to do with the power, death and buriel and resurrection of Jesus this is the true power when one receives a brand new resurrected Spirit from above. There are six places in the NT. THAT SPEAKS OF THESE SIGNS AND WONDERS AND EVERY PLACE THEY HAVE TO WITH DEMONIC ACTIVTY THIS IS HOW SATAN COMES AS AN ANGEL OF LIGHT, 2 COR. 11:12-13. READ MATTHEW 24:24.

No one knows and understands the whole Bible if they lived to be 500 years old. The Bible is a spiritual book and only revealed by the Spirit of God thus one must be born again of the Spirit of God to even understand the most basic of truth's John 3:1-5. If this was the case why so many different denominations do they all have the same truth? Thank you for your input. The Bible is not like any other book like some math book, it is a spiritual book. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Twice in this post you've mentioned that we "know in part". This was written to the Christians in Corinth - in their time. They lived in a time where Christians had to rely on miracles and signs to confirm what the Apostles/disciples were teaching was from God. Why? Because that which was perfect had not yet arrived. When completeness comes that which is "in part" would vanish away. Today we have that which is complete (the Bible) and that which is "in part" (instant miracles / speaking the gospel in languages not studied etc) has vanished away. We can KNOW today - not "in part" but completely.
You asked me where the bible state's that one can accept Jesus and become saved. It doesn't. It would be false teaching to tell someone they can be saved if they accept Jesus. Peter did say we were to "call upon the name of the Lord" in Acts 2. How does someone do this? Well, later in the chapter he's asked what must be done to be saved. His answer, in Acts 2:38, effectively tells us how to "call upon the name of the Lord."
I don't believe we are born dead in sins. Here's a short article explaining this doctrine:
I'm nowhere near a commentary to help with the verse in Ephesians, but I can say that Paul is writing the Christians in Ephesus. They've been adopted into God's family. This was a part of God's plan and His purpose before the foundation of the world. He predestined us to be His children through Christ Jesus. Romans 3:25 instructs us the blood of Christ covers sins of those who have obedient faith. Therefore obedient believers in Jesus are adopted.
Saban fan

United States

#31743 Jul 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
Yes, you are correct there are places in the word where the word tells us to call upon the name of the Lord and verses like Behold, I stand at the door and knock, those who HEAR my voice and open the door I will come into him and sup with him and he with me.
HOWEVER,, THE WORD DOES NOT COUNTERDICT ITSELF THERE ARE ONLY APPERANT COUNERDICTIONS.
The word makes it very, very clear in the word that we are born dead and in sins Rom. 3:10-12, Eph. 2:1
God tells us that we are so dead in sins we will never seek God no not one, why? Because we are spiritually dead in sins.Rm. 3:10-12
Any verse you share with me like those verse can be exaplained in the light of the whole Bible . Yes, we can take a few verses here and there and come up with a doctrine but is it in harmony with all the word?
God gives us key words to look for the one verse about Jesus at the door and those that HEAR His voice can come in, what is the [key] word? Yes, the word HEAR only those that has ears to hear will come to the Lord because the Lord already gave the one whom He saves those ears to hear the true gospel this is why Jesus said, No man can come to me unless the Father which sent me draws him. Again, this is why Jesus said in John 15:16, You have not chosen me but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bear forth fruit,," We read in Rev. 2 and 3 over and over those that HEAR let him HEAR what saith the Spirit. Only those that are born again by the word and the Spirit will hear and they will come to the Lord and they will open the door the reason why the work of salvation was already done this is why the Lord said, Many are called but few are chosen. In other words many hear with the literal ear and they do not come why? Because they have no spiritual ears to hear, this is a HUGE difference here.
I welcome any verse you quote me and if I cannot answer this in the light of the whole of the Bible then I need to do more home work. However, I have done a great deal of word studies we cannot accept Him He must accept us, read, Eph. 1:4-6. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
Sure we MUST hear before we can be saved! The parable of the soils demonstrates that it is the quality of the soil rather than the message that will depend upon the Word taking root, growing, and ultimately producing fruit.

In response to your other thoughts please refer to this link concerning the age of accountability.
Saban fan

United States

#31744 Jul 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
<quoted text>
Oops... Here's the link I referred to:

Dr shrink

Baltimore, MD

#31745 Jul 8, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we MUST hear before we can be saved! The parable of the soils demonstrates that it is the quality of the soil rather than the message that will depend upon the Word taking root, growing, and ultimately producing fruit.
In response to your other thoughts please refer to this link concerning the age of accountability.
you are dumb butt
your posts are like early spring windows full of flies and insects s...

to be Saved is only dependent from God! you poor idiot,
it is not your works or attending church to listen BS of priests etc...
GRACE IS UNDERSERVED KINDNESS FREE GIFT GIVEN ONLY BY GOD ACCORDING TO GODS PLEASURE,GODS PURPOSE, GODS PLAN,AND PREDESTINED NAME BEFORE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD read Epf 1;2-12. 2;8-9.Rev 13;8

and shut up with this spreading all Lies and poor cheap BS of all devil spirit churches

if you doen't understand simple english,
go take simple basic english courses to understand my english
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#31746 Jul 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Saban:
You said concerning "knowing in part" they had to rely on miricles this was the reason why they only knew in part you said.
I am sorry Saban but we have to look at the context of the chapter those verses that follow says different.
"For we know in part, and we [pophesy in part. But when that which IS PERFECT is come THEN that which is in part shall be done away."
"For NOW we see through a glass darkly; but THEN FACE TO FACE: now I know in part; BUT THEN SHALL I KNOW EVEN AS ALSO I AM KNOWN." 1 Cor. 13:8-9, 12.
Saban, you see here it does not say they had to rely on signs and miricles no way. It tells us in the context when we are face to face, when will that be? Yes, when one is with the Lord in heaven then he will know as he is known. This is why we all only know in part because we are not face to face with the Lord are we? Who is the one that is perfect to come? Yes, it is the Lord Jesus. He is the only one that is perfect is He not?
The fact is, God tells us an evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign and wonder, Jesus said that the only sign I will show you is the sign of the prophet Jonah. The reason why, is, it has to do with the power, death and buriel and resurrection of Jesus this is the true power when one receives a brand new resurrected Spirit from above. There are six places in the NT. THAT SPEAKS OF THESE SIGNS AND WONDERS AND EVERY PLACE THEY HAVE TO WITH DEMONIC ACTIVTY THIS IS HOW SATAN COMES AS AN ANGEL OF LIGHT, 2 COR. 11:12-13. READ MATTHEW 24:24.
No one knows and understands the whole Bible if they lived to be 500 years old. The Bible is a spiritual book and only revealed by the Spirit of God thus one must be born again of the Spirit of God to even understand the most basic of truth's John 3:1-5. If this was the case why so many different denominations do they all have the same truth? Thank you for your input. The Bible is not like any other book like some math book, it is a spiritual book. Gary
<quoted text>
I'm very much in context in reference to 1 Cor. 13:8-13. Paul is showing the superiority of love over spiritual gifts. Those temporary gifts mentioned were important and God given at the time but they were not intended to be permanent. At that time the NT was not completely revealed. At that time spiritual gifts revealed and confirmed truth. At the time of the writing of 1 Cor. 13:8-13 they still knew only part of God's Word. They preached the truth they knew. That which is perfect refers to the complete will of God for the Christian age. The complete will is the NT. when it was fully revealed spiritual gifts ceased. There are no miraculous spiritual gifts today and none are needed. God's complete will to mankind for all generations is contained in the Old and New Testaments.

Paul illustrates the point by using the figure of a child becoming a man. When the church was in its infancy, it needed spiritual gifts until the completed will of God was given. Once the NT was revealed and confirmed, spiritual gifts (pacifiers-childish things) were no longer needed. The man no longer desires to be a child. The church no longer needs spiritual gifts.

Mirrors in the 1st Century were made of burnished metal and were far more indistinct than mirrors today. In this illustration, Paul says they could faintly see themselves; however, in a perfect mirror they could see perfectly. The dim image represented the partial knowledge Christians had at that time. The clear image represents the completed NT when they would have God's complete revelation.

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#31747 Jul 8, 2013
my last post is continuation of this post,
only now i will post not about
WORLD MILITARY ONLY
2/WORLD FINACES WORKS TOGETHER WITH NWO GLOBALISTS TO WAGE WAR AGAINST TRUE KINGDOM OF GOD IN THE LAST GODS BATTLE WITH SATAN AND HIS AGENTS ON THIS EARTH-IN ARMAGEDON

3./WORKD FINACES

a/ World national debt evil intrigues,engineered worldwide economic slow downs,imposions and masive globalist finance investment con games will aid the receivership of whole nations financial infrastructures to globalist master credit and logistic systems as foretolod in the"Egypt" "King of South" becoming subservient to globalist world wealth "rulership modern slavery"
Daniel 11;42-43 yet to finalize

b/
None of these Daniel 11;36-43 developments could be fulfilled by the fallen earlier congueror of NWO after 1st Russian Revolution till 1945 and establishmnet russian communism as future leader of GLOBALISM NWO
this system is fallen Daniel 11;36.as the compromised some organize religion were promoting in purposeful error to cover up and divert attention from actual globalist 8th King(King of North final) United Nations(UN) developments made certain in 1990 as third of four final"disguisting thing" world proclamation after world"Cold War" was made against western powers as COLD WAR 3 of a different nature Daniel 11;29

next post will be nr 4
4/ WORLD RELIGION

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31748 Jul 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Wsate:
Yes, Jesus taught about those things and many other things in great detail. Jesus tells us that only the scriptures are able to make one wise unto salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, 2 Tim. 3:15-16. God also tells us that only His word can set the captives free, 1 Peter 1:23.
So, my question is, do I believe in just some of the word of God or do I believe by the mercy of God all the word of God as God breathed? 2 Tim. 3:16.
You see Wsste, I can only speak of myself here. When I read those verses and many like those I had to ask my self this most important question and that is, Is God telling me the truth when He said My word is truth, John 17:17. I could not just skim over those verses anymore because I was being convicted of these truth's by the word and the Spirit of God. All that I can say is, I cryed out for the mercy of God and I still do even more today It may not be for salvation but it is for strength and grace to show His fruits in me instead of walking in the flesh I want to walk in the Spirit and I see myself coming up short from time to time but by the mercy of God I still press towards the mark of the High calling in Christ Jesus. I guess you can say I have become a better beggar, that's all. Thank you. Gary
<quoted text>
It's all true. Some of it actually happened.

I'm happy for you.

May God bestow upon you many blessings my friend.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#31749 Jul 9, 2013
Gary wrote:
Dear all:
If anyone has a comment or question if I could help I be glad to assist. We all are living in very strange times are we not? This life seems like it is coming apart a the seams does it not?
Look, my goal here is not to debate, argue with anyone but just to look into some very important matters that is taking place in this sin cursed world. Now I sure do not have all the answers and never will In this life for all only know in part this is why we all need each other
(removed....)
You see the churches thinks they have all arrived at truth yet you have over two thousands different kinds of denominations they all can' be right could they? No! This is why thy do not grow because they have put there creeds above the word of God. They believe they have arrived there is nothing else for them to learn sad so sad, this is why a Catholic remains a Catholic and Luthern, Methodist, and on and on it goes. They do not trust only the word of God. There are other issues looming over this world like wars and rumors of war, the changing of God's laws to fit man's law.
Question, is it possible to just sit down and openly discuss issues without our pride intacked? We worry so much about what others think of us and sad to say we miss the big picture. So, if anyone would like to bring up an issue to openly discuss those points maybe just maybe we all can learn. Thank you all for our input. Gary.
We should find the church that was established in the 1st Century. We can easily spot this church. It exists (Matt. 16:18/1 Cor. 3:11)!! Matt. 7:13-14 instructs us that few will follow Him His way. It is impossible to be a follower of Jesus and not teach about Him as the "tried stone," the foundation stone, the builder of His church (Isaiah 28:16). The people the Lord has saved have been added to His church by Him. therefore the people going to Heaven aren't given the choice of being or not being members of His church. That's what the church is - saved people (Acts 2:47)! He alone does the saving (Acts 4:12).

Whomever is reading this -- Do you belong to a denomination (ie: division)? As the Apostle asked the Corinthians - "is Christ divided?" Did that man whose denomination you joined die for you? Were you baptized in his name?

Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings."

Mark 16:15-16
He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

And when the apostle Peter preached the very first sermon under that commission, he said to those who believed his message:
Acts 2:38-47
38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”

40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them,“Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

This is "obeying the gospel"

2 Thessalonians 1:8
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Have you obeyed the gospel?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31750 Jul 9, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
We should find the church that was established in the 1st Century. We can easily spot this church. It exists (Matt. 16:18/1 Cor. 3:11)!! Matt. 7:13-14 instructs us that few will follow Him His way. It is impossible to be a follower of Jesus and not teach about Him as the "tried stone," the foundation stone, the builder of His church (Isaiah 28:16). The people the Lord has saved have been added to His church by Him. therefore the people going to Heaven aren't given the choice of being or not being members of His church. That's what the church is - saved people (Acts 2:47)! He alone does the saving (Acts 4:12).
Whomever is reading this -- Do you belong to a denomination (ie: division)? As the Apostle asked the Corinthians - "is Christ divided?" Did that man whose denomination you joined die for you? Were you baptized in his name?
Romans 16:16b - "All the churches of Christ send greetings."
Mark 16:15-16
He said to them,“Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
And when the apostle Peter preached the very first sermon under that commission, he said to those who believed his message:
Acts 2:38-47
38 Peter replied,“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them,“Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
This is "obeying the gospel"
2 Thessalonians 1:8
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Have you obeyed the gospel?
IMHO you are mistaking Paul's moral theology for obedience. Following Jesus had nothing to do with obedience.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31751 Jul 9, 2013
Hi Saban:

Yes, I agree with you that the word must fall on good soil to truly produce. I believe only the Lord can do this by saving the person as you said by His word. However, many can hear the word and still not be saved the reason is, the Lord has to apply His word to his heart and this can only happen if He saves him and seals him with His Spirit so he will become saved as the word declares, many are called but few are chosen.

As regarding the age of accountability I to used to teach this. However, when doing a word study I found no such thing as this saying in the Bible because the word tells us we are born dead in sins from our mothers womb, Psalm 58:3-4

"The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray AS SOON AS THEY BE BORN, speaking lies. Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the DEATH ADDER that stoppeth her ears,"

The child is born sinners right from the womb God here gives very ugly language just how sinful we all are God tells us that mankind is so despretly wicked who can know it?

God tells us they are like a poisonous snake. Would one look into a cage and say look at this pretty poison baby snake let me pick this up in my hands. Why there could be enough poison to kill one. This is why we never have to teach a child to be bad they seem to do this on their own as soon as you see they do not get their own way then as they get older they become worse and worse. Why if every child was born saved then it would be far better at these abortion clinics to just let them keep killing these little ones because they would all go to heaven this is for all eternity, because we know most babies as they grow up end up hating the true God of the Bible. This brings us into another subject if this was the case that one can lose their eternal life. Now how could one call this [eternal] if one can lose eternal life this would be folly would it not? You see all the holes in this conclusion? This is what happens when we put our own reason in the matter and not allow God to speak on this issue this is why I thought the same as you did one time until God showed their is no such wording as [age of accountabilty] in the word at all. God tells us that their is not one person that will seek after God no not one this is why Jesus said, you have not chosen me but I have chosen you, John 15:16. Listen what God says concerning no one seeking Him.

"As it is written, There is NONE righteous, no, not one: There is NONE that understandeth, there is NONE THAT SEEKETH AFTER GOD. They are ALL gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable, there is NONE that doeth good, NO NOT ONE." Rom. 3:10-2

The next verse it says there is poison under their lips again speaking lies.

You see Saban, this is a test for me when I read those words will I bow down to God's teaching or to man's or my church? This is why you will not find any such wording as [age of accountability] in the word. However, God tells us that we will never seek God on His terms unless He saves us so we can seek him with our whole heart but first He must give us a new heart. Sad to say this is what is missing in many of the churches today they put their creeds above God's word sad to say. This is why my only authority is the word of God this is what sets the captives free not some mere word or teaching of man those verses are God's words and there are so many more that shows us God must do all the work just read, Eph. 1:4-6 and Rom. 9:11-24 and see who is really in control. Thank you for your input. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31752 Jul 9, 2013
Hi Dr:

Please I would encourage you and all here to please be kind towards one another as you would have others treat you. Words can build up or they can cut down we are all still on a learning curve here known of us knows it all do we? God tells the believers that if we say we love God and show hate to our brothers how then does the love of God dwell in you, this is why I close many times with 1 John 13:15 it reminds me to watch how I say things do I say things from the fruit of the spirit, Gal. 5:22-23, which in kindness, meekness, long suffering,,, None of us are born knowing all truth for all of us only know in part and we all only declare in part, 1 Cor. 13. Again, thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you are dumb butt
your posts are like early spring windows full of flies and insects s...
to be Saved is only dependent from God! you poor idiot,
it is not your works or attending church to listen BS of priests etc...
GRACE IS UNDERSERVED KINDNESS FREE GIFT GIVEN ONLY BY GOD ACCORDING TO GODS PLEASURE,GODS PURPOSE, GODS PLAN,AND PREDESTINED NAME BEFORE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD read Epf 1;2-12. 2;8-9.Rev 13;8
and shut up with this spreading all Lies and poor cheap BS of all devil spirit churches
if you doen't understand simple english,
go take simple basic english courses to understand my english
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#31753 Jul 9, 2013
Hi Saban:

You see we first must be able to explain what it means to be [face to face] and [BUT WHEN THAT WHICH IS PERFECT IS COME] This can only be referring to the Lord Jesus Christ we can know this by the wording. Also, anyone who thinks that they can know it all in the word of God and have complete understanding are under a strong delusion sad to say this is why there are so many different kinds of denominations which many I have taught in them. However, sad to say many put their own creeds above God's word this is why they never change.

There was no such denomination in the Bible it was just called the living church of God and sad to say many just look at some building when the true church consists of only believers it is not referring to some denomination of any kind this is why you do not hear of any denominations in the Bible as we hear today because they are all man made names thought up by men. In fact, God warns us in these days that judgment first must begin at the house of God, 1 Peter 4:17. We see all the churches in Asia in Rev. 2 and 3 all fell away they are not here today and you read most of them fell into some man made doctrines and some where full of lies where Satan seat was. So belonging to some denomination has nothing to do with salvation look at the temples of Jesus day where did they stand in truth? They had much truth mixed with many made up lies. How did they respond to Jesus the word of truth? Yes, they had the word of life killed. These temples still are here today does this mean God the Holy Spirit is in these temples?

We hear so many stories coming out of the paper exposing many of these so called church of God priests, and pastors the sins they commit would make a heathen blush sad to say.

Sad to say many of these churches today does not even understand the foundation of the salvation work of God they have made up a do it your self, have it your way, Mc. Donald's type of salvation sad to say just join up say this pray and bang your saved. I know I used to teach this also. You see I had to relearn many things I thought I was right on but was dead wrong this is what the word should do that is, correct, reprove, and instruct, 2 Tim. 3:16. However, none of these churches will allow for the word to correct them this is why they stay the same. Thank you. Gary
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very much in context in reference to 1 Cor. 13:8-13. Paul is showing the superiority of love over spiritual gifts. Those temporary gifts mentioned were important and God given at the time but they were not intended to be permanent. At that time the NT was not completely revealed. At that time spiritual gifts revealed and confirmed truth. At the time of the writing of 1 Cor. 13:8-13 they still knew only part of God's Word. They preached the truth they knew. That which is perfect refers to the complete will of God for the Christian age. The complete will is the NT. when it was fully revealed spiritual gifts ceased. There are no miraculous spiritual gifts today and none are needed. God's complete will to mankind for all generations is contained in the Old and New Testaments.
Paul illustrates the point by using the figure of a child becoming a man. When the church was in its infancy, it needed spiritual gifts until the completed will of God was given. Once the NT was revealed and confirmed, spiritual gifts (pacifiers-childish things) were no longer needed. The man no longer desires to be a child. The church no longer needs spiritual gifts.
Mirrors in the 1st Century were made of burnished metal and were far more indistinct than mirrors today. In this illustration, Paul says they could faintly see themselves; however, in a perfect mirror they could see perfectly. The dim image represented the partial knowledge Christians had at that time. The clear image represents the completed NT when they would have God's complete revelation.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#31754 Jul 9, 2013
Gary wrote:
Dear all:
As I said from time to time I will drop in and check out if anyone is truly open to truth and for correction, 2 Tim. 3:16, sad to say instead most of what I read is just full of pride and name calling sad to say. This site is called, "What your churches won't tell you"
I can see most are not looking at what the churches are teaching verses what the word declares. Here is a question:
1- What is true? The free will of man in salvation or is it God's election program? Do we see the words "free will" in the Bible Do we see "election" in the Bible?
One is a true gospel the other is man made which one is man made and why from the Bible alone. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Dear Gary:

To say you know the truth is arrogant.

To say you think you know the truth is arrogant.

To say you don't know the truth is being honest with yourself and others.

For someone like you, to convey what you have, only shows how you are biased, uninformed, and a dishonest person, placing your personal faith in men.

BTW - all of which is also Self.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Thanks!

Albuquerque, NM

#31755 Jul 9, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
do you think?
We are worry about you,if you care or not?
why you tell us this?
if you care only you get those benefits,?
if you don't care, only you are loser and shows how low creature you are?
"We are worry about you,if you care or not?"
- Why would you be?
- Doyou have a stake in the poster's life - in whom you responded to?

From my POV - you have neither, except something that only pertains to yourself - a self-gratification knowing you are comforted by telling someone else how to live.

Why?

BTW - that would be Self - no "God" or religion is required to do this.

Albuquerque, NM

#31756 Jul 9, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Bible:
Thank you. The sad fact is, most people do not believe the Bible is the word of God, the Bible tells us how they Bible came into being,[Holy men of God spoke as God the Holy Spirit moved them]
Many will say Paul said this and he was wrong or John did not say this or that he was just a man he was just teaching what was taking place in his day.
Things like this many will say which shows to the true believer these dear souls really have no clue it is all the word of God. God told Jeremiah to write every word God says in a book and so Jeremiah did according to what God spoke word for word, Jer. 36:1-2.
God also tells us that only the scriptures are able to make one wise unto salvation, 2 Time. 3:15-16.
So when they say Paul said this or John said that no! It is all God's word, God spoke to them by His Spirit and His power what to write down so it was the Spirit of God that spoke this is why 2 Cor. 4:3-5 tells us that the word of God is the very image of God Himself. The unsaved has no clue of this truth sad to say because it must be revealed to them by God's Spirit and that can only happen when God applies His word to that heart and saves him when God sets His Spirit inside of him making him or her born again by the word and the Spirit, John 3, and 4, 1 Peter 1:10.
So the true believer will always bow down to the power of the word of God for the word became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1. Those who are not saved will read the Bible like any other book not knowing that the Bible is not like any other book it is a spiritual book and only those born of the word and the Spirit will know this fact. Those not saved will just intellectualize the word of God just like any other book, the gospel, the Bible tells us that it is HID to them that are lost, 2 Cor. 4:3-5. They will show a very low view of the word of God by what they say of the word of God they will look at the writer of some of the books and put them down not knowing that Paul, John, Luke all spoke under the Spirit of God ALL scriptures not just some of it, the Bible tells us is God breathed, 2 Tim. 3:16. Now if one is not saved they will kick, and buck, these truth's in the word of God they will lash out at the person declaring this truth not knowing that they are really lashing out at the truth of the word of God. They will not slander the message they will slander the messenger and if he is quoting from the word of God really they are slandering the message of the word also sad to say, the true believer prays for these dear souls and hopes nothing but the highest good for them and that would be salvation. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
Why do you limit "God"?

How is that you know what "God" can and cannot do, when you exclaim only certain men were or could be inspired by "God", and no others?

Doesn't sound like you have the HS moving through you at all, if you blaspheme "God's" eternal inspiration.

You are a fraud - admit it.

Albuquerque, NM

#31757 Jul 9, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>1- The true gospel is hidden to them that are lost they cannot see this truth.
I know this is true - because you refuse to see that truth that Jesus spoke of in many ways.
Why do you refuse to accept what Jesus taught?
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>2- The god of this world who is Satan has blinded their eyes to see this glorious truth that the gospel is the very image of God Himself.
Please provide evidence to support that the "god of this world is Satan", through some sort of media exchange showing this entity exists.
Please provide a citation to the extent showing that this entity ever existed and is still in control.
I think you are lying and misleading others through your own unfounded thoughts.
BTW - that would Self again.
Why don't you accept the Self?
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>3- For I do not preach what I think but what God is declaring we are just servants of the Lord Jesus Christ proclaiming what God is declaring not what we think.
I disagree. You "preach" - if you care to call it that, what men have written.
Why do you follow men?

Albuquerque, NM

#31758 Jul 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary has his opinion. All opinions are valid to some degree or another.
In my experience, opinions, are only valid, when the facts that support said opinions are valid.

IMO - nothing Gary has stated has any facts.

What are the facts, that Gary has that supports his opinion?

I've asked for them multiple times - through many questions.

Have you ever seen him respond adequately?

I sure haven't....thus his opinion is null and void.

He'll need to learn his religion, before he can state accurate opinions about it.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

#31759 Jul 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
IMHO you are mistaking Paul's moral theology for obedience. Following Jesus had nothing to do with obedience.
Speaking of Paul and Jesus, the very first things Saul of Tarsus had to do to follow Jesus was in obedience to him.
How do we follow anything, especially Jesus, without obeying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Gabriel 981,426
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Buck Crick 104,962
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Ex Lesbian River 673,543
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,635
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 286,297
Poll Bible - Written by Man - Edited by Man (Apr '09) 5 hr Jedi Master of All 1,933
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 6 hr Dom daddy for sub 21
More from around the web