|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said all the Law of the Prophets rested upon these two commandments. Jesus danced around the Law of the Prophets even saying that the Law prophesied his coming into the world. The Law would be the 613 laws and statutes rather than prophesy. For the fulfillment statement to be true, Jesus would have been talking about Hebrew Scripture in its entirety rather than the Law of Moses. There is an obvious misinterpretation in the Bible.
The one doing all the misinterpreting is you.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making a circular argument. The Bible can't prove that the Bible is factual.
The flood never happened, neither did the Adam and Eve myth. There is no truth in anything you have presented here. It is all fantasy.
Welcome to Fantasy Island my friend.
If Adam and Eve never existed, if the Flood never happened, then where is this vengeful, murderous God of the Old Testament you keep talking about?

If the God of the New Testament is not the same as the God of the Old Testament, then who was it that Jesus was praying to in John 17, who was it who shared glory with Jesus "before the world began," whom Jesus asked to send the same glory to His disciples?

You, Wastewater, are trying to tailor the Bible, God's Word, to your own weird brand of theology, and you are failing at it miserably. You have yet to cite even ONE Bible verse backing up your peculiar claims and when you are challenged on the verses others cite, you just keep evading the challenges with telling the challengers that THEY, not you, don't understand the Bible. You are not only dishonest, Wastewater, you're a coward. You lack both the honesty and courage to admit that YOU ARE COMPLETELY, UTTERLY WRONG, so you go on wrapping yourself in your lies even more firmly, lest the truth penetrate that straitjacket around your heart and your soul.

And I would appreciate your not addressing me as your "friend." I am SO not your friend I'd probably spit on you if I thought the spittle could travel over the electronics. You sicken me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No - a universal belief in Jesus. I'm not one to separate texts that have teachings by Jesus. In other words, I am not biased towards what Jesus taught, unlike Christianity.
Why?
I've double-checked. I was mistaken in who I thought wrote that post. Sorry about that.

Nevertheless, it's dangerous to base your beliefs on the Gnostic "Gospels" and I hope you don't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 5:8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Another lie coming from you. I never said Paul was more "enlightened" than Jesus. First off, I would never call my Lord and Christ "enlightened".
Can you show one scripture where Jesus teaches against Paul's teaching.

Show one scripture where Jesus says we must know and love ourselves. If you can't find it per se, maybe you just made that up.
Well said :)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
If Adam and Eve never existed, if the Flood never happened, then where is this vengeful, murderous God of the Old Testament you keep talking about?
If the God of the New Testament is not the same as the God of the Old Testament, then who was it that Jesus was praying to in John 17, who was it who shared glory with Jesus "before the world began," whom Jesus asked to send the same glory to His disciples?
You, Wastewater, are trying to tailor the Bible, God's Word, to your own weird brand of theology, and you are failing at it miserably. You have yet to cite even ONE Bible verse backing up your peculiar claims and when you are challenged on the verses others cite, you just keep evading the challenges with telling the challengers that THEY, not you, don't understand the Bible. You are not only dishonest, Wastewater, you're a coward. You lack both the honesty and courage to admit that YOU ARE COMPLETELY, UTTERLY WRONG, so you go on wrapping yourself in your lies even more firmly, lest the truth penetrate that straitjacket around your heart and your soul.
And I would appreciate your not addressing me as your "friend." I am SO not your friend I'd probably spit on you if I thought the spittle could travel over the electronics. You sicken me.
Yes, that God is a mythological character.

Jesus was praying to the real God which Jesus knew.

There is no such thing a God's Word. The Bible is written by man.

So you would spit on me for disagreeing with your idea of the Bible? Is that supposed to be Christian behavior? I think not!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a well known fact that there are 613 laws and statutes in The Law of Moses.

The 613 commandments (Hebrew: &#1514;&#1512;&#14 97;"&#1490; &#1502;&#1510;&#14 93;&#1493;&#1514;& #8206;: taryag mitzvot, "613 Mitzvot") is the number of mitzvot listed in the Torah, first codified by Rabbi Simlai in Talmud Makkot 23b.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/613_commandments

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop BSing.

Matthew 5:17
[ The Fulfillment of the Law ]“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

What does fulfill the Law mean in this context? Jesus ignores several major laws and statutes written in the Law of Moses. If one follows Jesus, they disregard the Law.

Is Jesus a liar?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that God is a mythological character.
Jesus was praying to the real God which Jesus knew.
There is no such thing a God's Word. The Bible is written by man.
So you would spit on me for disagreeing with your idea of the Bible? Is that supposed to be Christian behavior? I think not!!!
YOU IDIOT.

The same God which in Genesis promised to send a Savior IS THE SAME GOD WHO CREATED HEAVEN & EARTH, WHOM JESUS KNEW & PRAYED TO. HE HIMSELF SAID SO. How can YOU claim that Jesus prayed to a DIFFERENT God when He Himself called on the God of Genesis, the God who created heaven and earth, as the God who is His Father, as the God who glorified Him? Don't you think HE knew better than YOU do?

And if there's no such thing as God's Word, if the Bible was written by MAN, including the New Testament which according to you reveals a different God from the one in the OLD Testament, then YOU have absolutely no basis for your fallacious claims. If the Bible was written by men, then YOU have no proof whatsoever that the God of the Old Testament is not the same as the God of the New Testament, who is Jesus' Father.

I have no apologies for saying what I did about spitting on you. It may not be Christian behavior, but denying that I feel that way would be a lie, which wouldn't be Christian behavior either. But it wouldn't be for disagreeing with ME, but for your deliberate misrepresentations of what the Bible does say and does not say. And in any case, if the Bible wasn't written by men, as YOU claim, then there is no such thing as a Christian either, and therefore neither you nor anyone else would know what Christian behavior is.

And again I say...YOU IDIOT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop BSing.
Matthew 5:17
[ The Fulfillment of the Law ]“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
What does fulfill the Law mean in this context? Jesus ignores several major laws and statutes written in the Law of Moses. If one follows Jesus, they disregard the Law.
Is Jesus a liar?
Why don't YOU stop BS-ing?

I've answered plenty of your questions. It's time you answered mine--and don't bother claiming that you have. All you've done is evade them by stopping your ears and babbling more "questions" of your own. In any case, it's your turn. Answer MY questions to you and then I'll consider answering any more of yours.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I've double-checked. I was mistaken in who I thought wrote that post. Sorry about that.
No problem - it happens to us all.
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, it's dangerous to base your beliefs on the Gnostic "Gospels" and I hope you don't.
It is? How?

Why do you base your belief on what other men have decided for you?

To me, that is dangerous.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU IDIOT.
The same God which in Genesis promised to send a Savior IS THE SAME GOD WHO CREATED HEAVEN & EARTH, WHOM JESUS KNEW & PRAYED TO. HE HIMSELF SAID SO. How can YOU claim that Jesus prayed to a DIFFERENT God when He Himself called on the God of Genesis, the God who created heaven and earth, as the God who is His Father, as the God who glorified Him? Don't you think HE knew better than YOU do?
And if there's no such thing as God's Word, if the Bible was written by MAN, including the New Testament which according to you reveals a different God from the one in the OLD Testament, then YOU have absolutely no basis for your fallacious claims. If the Bible was written by men, then YOU have no proof whatsoever that the God of the Old Testament is not the same as the God of the New Testament, who is Jesus' Father.
I have no apologies for saying what I did about spitting on you. It may not be Christian behavior, but denying that I feel that way would be a lie, which wouldn't be Christian behavior either. But it wouldn't be for disagreeing with ME, but for your deliberate misrepresentations of what the Bible does say and does not say. And in any case, if the Bible wasn't written by men, as YOU claim, then there is no such thing as a Christian either, and therefore neither you nor anyone else would know what Christian behavior is.
You are starting to sound arrogant, especially when not one individual on this planet can prove that a "God" exists....including you.

Why does it make you uncomfortable to know other people have different beliefs than you?

You really seem to be aggitated by it, if you have to begin name-calling.

*sighs*

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
Roberta G

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
No problem - it happens to us all.
<quoted text>
It is? How?
Why do you base your belief on what other men have decided for you?
To me, that is dangerous.
My FAITH is based on Jesus Christ, the Firm Foundation, the Cornerstone, the Rock of Ages. HE is the One who has saved me, not the Bible. But the Bible is God's Word, His "love letter to the earth," and a testament (the entire Bible) to the Truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU IDIOT.
Name calling? That's very childish.

Genesis is a teaching myth, not fact.

Spitting on people is childish also.

What are you? Eight years old?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>My FAITH is based on Jesus Christ, the Firm Foundation, the Cornerstone, the Rock of Ages. HE is the One who has saved me, not the Bible. But the Bible is God's Word, His "love letter to the earth," and a testament (the entire Bible) to the Truth.
The Bible is Bronze Age Myth mostly. You worship a false idol by calling it God's Word.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is Bronze Age Myth mostly. You worship a false idol by calling it God's Word.
Do Do
never forget Big Brother dr Shrink is watching you and your empty brain

nobody will accept you as WW gods word,
you are worthles POS around,here,and daily life

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do Do
never forget Big Brother dr Shrink is watching you and your empty brain
nobody will accept you as WW gods word,
you are worthles POS around,here,and daily life
Baby talk? LMAO

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>My FAITH is based on Jesus Christ, the Firm Foundation, the Cornerstone, the Rock of Ages. HE is the One who has saved me, not the Bible. But the Bible is God's Word, His "love letter to the earth," and a testament (the entire Bible) to the Truth.
Then why don't you accept "faith in Jesus" that he was teaching accurately, with these teachings?

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

You have no excuse to do so, UNLESS YOU accept only the contents of the Bible - which was created by men.

It appears you want to have your cake and eat it too, but unfortunately, the cake isn't completed for you to enjoy eating it.

What are your qualifiers to believe the way you do? I've shown you that you don't "have faith" in these teachings, but you still seem to think you do.

Why?
Roberta G

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling? That's very childish.
Genesis is a teaching myth, not fact.
Spitting on people is childish also.
What are you? Eight years old?
Running away from questions is childish too. Prove Genesis is a myth, Waste. In fact, take any part of the Bible and prove it's a myth.
Roberta G

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
Then why don't you accept "faith in Jesus" that he was teaching accurately, with these teachings?
You have no excuse to do so, UNLESS YOU accept only the contents of the Bible - which was created by men.
It appears you want to have your cake and eat it too, but unfortunately, the cake isn't completed for you to enjoy eating it.
What are your qualifiers to believe the way you do? I've shown you that you don't "have faith" in these teachings, but you still seem to think you do.
Why?
Prove the Bible was "created by men," New, and then we'll talk about any flaws in MY faith. And while you're at it, demonstrate just how the Gnostic "Gospels" can be trusted as true accounts of Jesus' earthly life and mission. That's optional, though.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

Why?
Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>Prove the Bible was "created by men," New, and then we'll talk about any flaws in MY faith. And while you're at it, demonstrate just how the Gnostic "Gospels" can be trusted as true accounts of Jesus' earthly life and mission. That's optional, though.
I'm going to use the same diversion tactic you have used, okay?

"Answer MY questions to you and then I'll consider answering any more of yours."

Now, if you want to divert from answering just say you won't answer. I would prefer you make the attempt through honesty instead of turning it around on me.

Will you reconsider?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,041 - 30,060 of32,905
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 530,180
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min dirty white boy- 716,816
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min scirocco 114,670
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 11 min andet1987 3,882
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Hidingfromyou 93,240
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 16 min andet1987 1,483
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min andet1987 5,169
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min HipGnosis 171,470
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 255,737
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr SimmerExtreme 64
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000