|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! And you even Tmailed me! You're desperate! Here, same reply I gave you back in Oct. 21,2012 - the first time you posted this, Mrs. Sock:
"Hey, I have a bridge I can sell you, the Verrazano Narrows...what an investment, with tolls set to jump to $12.00 per crossing, with the high volume of traffic per day you'll be rollin' in it in no time.
Whaddaya say?"
;)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T4VDJE5...
;)
Hi Senecus. Are people still falling for this stuff?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
What - unable to show where Jesus taught the same as you claim "Paul" had? I figured you couldn't, except for showing "Paul" teaching about the Spirit - like Jesus.
But you even failed at that, because you would rather use "Paul" than Jesus.
I must've hit a nerve, if all you can muster up - is your response above - which isn't even relative to our discussion. Just more redirection.
*sighs*
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even think someone like you can re-direct me.
I can't redirect you, but only point you to the facts.

Only you can make any change to your belief.

DOH!
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Your condemning spirit shows you cannot find it in yourself to obey the greatest commandment or the one like it, that Jesus spoke of.
I can't? Wrong.

Why is it that you can't believe in all of what Jesus taught? With this statement, you sure seem to want to believe Jesus, ut for some reason, you won't because other men told you, that you shouldn't.

And you think I have redirected you in your belief? You are mistaken.
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that question for WW, who the post was originally for, then you.

Non-answers and diversion don't qualify as answering.

Next time, if there is one, use more honesty when posting.
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like the answer or can't understand it, too bad.
What answer? You'll have to supply one that is understandable first.

Whatcha got? Wanna try again?
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Senecus. Are people still falling for this stuff?
klick google and print LINDA AKEEM

lately scam having close sexual relationship with henry Benson Abidjan criminal punk fan of american baseball games-black guy with bold huge head like african gorilla
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

What - unable to show where Jesus taught the same as you claim "Paul" had? I figured you couldn't, except for showing "Paul" teaching about the Spirit - like Jesus.
But you even failed at that, because you would rather use "Paul" than Jesus.
I must've hit a nerve, if all you can muster up - is your response above - which isn't even relative to our discussion. Just more redirection.
*sighs*
<quoted text>
I can't redirect you, but only point you to the facts.
Only you can make any change to your belief.
DOH!
<quoted text>
I can't? Wrong.
Why is it that you can't believe in all of what Jesus taught? With this statement, you sure seem to want to believe Jesus, ut for some reason, you won't because other men told you, that you shouldn't.
And you think I have redirected you in your belief? You are mistaken.
<quoted text>
Non-answers and diversion don't qualify as answering.
Next time, if there is one, use more honesty when posting.
<quoted text>
What answer? You'll have to supply one that is understandable first.
Whatcha got? Wanna try again?
take brake and dissapear with all your unmature having not any biblical clue posts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
take brake and dissapear with all your unmature having not any biblical clue posts
If you cannot formulate an intelligent response to me, please don't respond to me.

Your childish posts are very telling.

Maybe you should let the adults talk for a little while.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you always ask "was Jesus a liar"? You cannot show one scripture where Jesus changes the law or fulfills it only in regard to "prophetic utterances". These are your words, not His.
Mathew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Heaven and earth have not passed. I don't get the difficulty. You can't just make things up along the way. If you want to prove what Jesus said in the scriptures, show the scriptures.
Jesus said he didn't come to change the Law. His actions showed disregard for the Law. If one is to follow Jesus, they would act outside the Law of Moses. Was Jesus a liar?

You have overlooked the fact that Religious Law, Roman Law and Canonical Law all function the same way. The Law never changes, it is just disregarded and sections ignored and stapled shut.

Sheeesh!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
increase your pills prescribed by your dr Shrink?
because your haluciantion daily are same halucinations,nothing new,or sensible is posted by you,
look like tape is jam between poor weak sprockets inside of your watery brownish brain
I'll leave the pills to you Tweaker.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the God of Genesis is not the God of the New Testament?
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
WasteWater wrote:
Satan did not exist in The Book of Genesis either. You don't know your Bible very well do you.
YOU'RE the one who doesn't know the Bible very well. You are SO wrong, it's almost funny. What possible rationale could you possibly have for claiming the God of Genesis is NOT the God of the New Testament, or that Satan didn't exist in the book of Genesis?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Thanks for responding.
<quoted text>
No - you have me confused with someone else. I never claimed to be, but you sure seem to have dwelled on it a bit, because you made this post.
<quoted text>
Of course you don't. Research is your enemy. I understand.
<quoted text>
I've accept all of what Jesus taught, but you haven't, yet exclaim you do.
You seem confused on what Jesus taught.
<quoted text>
Good for you.
<quoted text>

It is? And who do you think I serve?
Please post proof.
<quoted text>
I have, but I disagree.
This ancient text states "God" was a mistake.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn-long.htm...
<quoted text>
Yes - Jesus stated it also here:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
<quoted text>
It appears you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have commented.
What ever you do think you know of me, you are more than likely incorrect.
Are you basing your beliefs on the Gnostic "Gospels"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
YOU'RE the one who doesn't know the Bible very well. You are SO wrong, it's almost funny. What possible rationale could you possibly have for claiming the God of Genesis is NOT the God of the New Testament, or that Satan didn't exist in the book of Genesis?
God of Genesis is the a vengeful, mean-spirited God of conditional love.

God of New Testament is God of unconditional love, compassionate and wise.

No comparison. Different Gods entirely.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
If both Gods are the same, then the Bible is crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

beckybenson wrote:
From Sister Becky,
Greetings you Dear I am Mrs Becky Benson an aging widow suffering from long time illness. I have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of US$4.5,000,000.00 and I needed a very honest and God fearing Christian that will use the fund for God's work, I found your profile from the internet and decided to contact you. Please if you would be able to use the funds for the Lord's work, My Dear Repiy here is my email address: sisterbeckybenson@yahoo.de
i await your urgent reply.
your Sister In Christ.
Sister Becky Benson,
SPECIAL NOTE:

This post is almost certainly a scam. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THIS POSTWRITER IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. DO NOT SEND FUNDS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER.

I have notified topix.com about this post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If both Gods are the same, then the Bible is crap.
Actually, it's just your so-called reasoning which is crap.
WasteWater wrote:
God of Genesis is the a vengeful, mean-spirited God of conditional love.

God of New Testament is God of unconditional love, compassionate and wise.

No comparison. Different Gods entirely.
Genesis 3:14 So the Lord God said to the serpent,“Because you have done this...

15...I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
He will crush your head,
and you will strike His heel.”

Questions for you, Wastewater:

1. If God was so vengeful, why in verse 15 did He promise Adam and Eve that He would send them a Savior, Who would defeat Satan?

2. Do you claim that there are TWO Gods? If so, what evidence have you of this? What Bible verse proves that there are TWO Gods?

3. You said that the devil does not appear in Genesis. Then who was it in Genesis 3:15 whom the Lord said He would punish? Just a snake?

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Matthew 1:20 ...an angel of the Lord appeared to [Joseph] in a dream and said,“Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.”

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”(which means “God with us”).

Acts 5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said,“Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal?...You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men...carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her,“Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said,“that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her,“How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

4. Is the God of the OLD TESTAMENT prophet Isaiah, the God who is Isaiah 7:14, promises a Son, a different God from the One who fulfills this promise in the NEW TESTAMENT four Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And if so, what happened to the first God?

5. If the God of the Old Testament is not the same as the God of the New Testament, then why did the God of the NT find it necessary to punish Ananias and Sapphira for their deception?

Wastewater, you keep claiming that anyone who disagrees with you--YOU, not the Bible--doesn't know the Bible. But you have yet to conclusively prove that you do know the Bible, and that others do not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
15...I will put enmity
He will crush your head,
3. You said that the devil does not appear in Genesis. Then who was it in Genesis 3:15 whom the Lord said He would punish? Just a snake?
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
Matthew 1:20 ...an angel of the Lord appeared to [Joseph] in a dream and said,“Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because He will save His people from their sins.”
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”(which means “God with us”).
Acts 5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.
3 Then Peter said,“Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal?...You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men...carried him out and buried him.
7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her,“Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”
9 Peter said to her,“How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.
4. Is the God of the OLD TESTAMENT prophet Isaiah, the God who is Isaiah 7:14, promises a Son, a different God from the One who fulfills this promise in the NEW TESTAMENT four Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And if so, what happened to the first God?
5. If the God of the Old Testament is not the same as the God of the New Testament, then why did the God of the NT find it necessary to punish Ananias and Sapphira for their deception?
Wastewater, you keep claiming that anyone who disagrees with you--YOU, not the Bible--doesn't know the Bible. But you have yet to conclusively prove that you do know the Bible, and that others do not.
It's all a bunch of made up stuff anyway.

Your God is too small.

My God is an AWSOME God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
15...I will put enmity
He will crush your head,
Lots of Bible Babble. Nothing worth discussion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
15...I will put enmity
He will crush your head,
1. The God of Genesis is a murder who murders innocent people. Why would God need to send a savior? The myth of Adam and Eve is stupid.

2. I have already done that. You weren't paying any attention.

3. You are making an assumption. Who believes in talking snakes anyway?

The God of the Hebrew Scripture is the God of the Hebrew's. The Christian God is a much different God.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you basing your beliefs on the Gnostic "Gospels"?
No - a universal belief in Jesus. I'm not one to separate texts that have teachings by Jesus. In other words, I am not biased towards what Jesus taught, unlike Christianity.

Why?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The God of Genesis is a murder who murders innocent people. Why would God need to send a savior? The myth of Adam and Eve is stupid.
2. I have already done that. You weren't paying any attention.
3. You are making an assumption. Who believes in talking snakes anyway?
The God of the Hebrew Scripture is the God of the Hebrew's. The Christian God is a much different God.
You're trying to evade my questions, and you're being very clumsy about it.

1. The God of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the same God who created the universe and everything in it.

________

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 17:3 [Jesus said] "Now this is eternal life: that THEY KNOW YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, WHO YOU HAVE SENT...5 And now, Father, glorify Me in your presence with the glory I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN...

...20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message...Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You...22 I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are one— 23 I in them and You in Me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then THE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT YOU SENT ME and have loved them even as You have loved Me.

24 “Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, THE GLORY YOU HAVE GIVEN ME BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME EVEN BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD."

________

The last time I checked, Wastewater, Genesis was and still is in the Old Testament. Genesis 1:1 says "IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH." Here in John 17, Jesus prays that His followers will see the glory GOD HIS FATHER GAVE HIM BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.

And can you still deny that the God of the Old Testament is the same as the God of the New Testament?

_________

Romans 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Ephesians 3:10 [The Lord's] intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to His eternal purpose that He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 John 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true. And we are in Him who is true by being in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Jude 1:24 To Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before His glorious presence...25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Pay particular attention to Romans 1:18, Wastewater. You are working hard to suppress the truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No - a universal belief in Jesus. I'm not one to separate texts that have teachings by Jesus. In other words, I am not biased towards what Jesus taught, unlike Christianity.
Why?
I'll have to doublecheck, but I thought I was addressing my question to Wastewater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to evade my questions, and you're being very clumsy about it.
1. The God of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the same God who created the universe and everything in it.
________
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 17:3 [Jesus said] "Now this is eternal life: that THEY KNOW YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, WHO YOU HAVE SENT...5 And now, Father, glorify Me in your presence with the glory I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN...
...20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message...Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You...22 I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are one— 23 I in them and You in Me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then THE WORLD WILL KNOW THAT YOU SENT ME and have loved them even as You have loved Me.
24 “Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, THE GLORY YOU HAVE GIVEN ME BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME EVEN BEFORE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD."
________
The last time I checked, Wastewater, Genesis was and still is in the Old Testament. Genesis 1:1 says "IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH." Here in John 17, Jesus prays that His followers will see the glory GOD HIS FATHER GAVE HIM BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN.
And can you still deny that the God of the Old Testament is the same as the God of the New Testament?
_________
Romans 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For SINCE THE CREATION OF THE WORLD God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
Ephesians 3:10 [The Lord's] intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to His eternal purpose that He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.
1 Timothy 1:17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 John 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him who is true. And we are in Him who is true by being in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
Jude 1:24 To Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before His glorious presence...25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
Pay particular attention to Romans 1:18, Wastewater. You are working hard to suppress the truth.
You are making a circular argument. The Bible can't prove that the Bible is factual.

The flood never happened, neither did the Adam and Eve myth. There is no truth in anything you have presented here. It is all fantasy.

Welcome to Fantasy Island my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

682 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 4 min depthi 123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min New Age Spiritual Leader 720,435
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 7 min Uzi 36,509
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 11 min Wondering 11
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min WasteWater 93,700
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Buck Crick 224,148
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min An NFL Fan 115,055
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Lyndi 172,357
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min waaasssuuup 532,688
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••