Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31487 Jun 17, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, they were not talking about the Law.
Mark 7:5 5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
Defile means injesting possible bacteria, disease etc.
You say you are a Christian then why don't you believe what Jesus said? Why can't you understand His teachings?
Mathew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Then what the hell are we talking about?

Defile means ingesting possible bacteria? Not really.

Genesis 34:5
When Jacob heard that his daughter Dinah had been defiled, his sons were in the fields with his livestock; so he did nothing about it until they came home.

Genesis 49:4
Turbulent as the waters, you will no longer excel, for you went up onto your father’s bed, onto my couch and defiled it.

Exodus 20:25
If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it.

Leviticus 18:25
Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants.

Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants.

Numbers 18:32
By presenting the best part of it you will not be guilty in this matter; then you will not defile the holy offerings of the Israelites, and you will not die.’”

Seems to me the use of the word "defile" has more to do with ritual purity than anything else.

I believe what Jesus said. I don't believe a word you say. You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Scripture. You don't understand that Jesus is a liar if he says he didn't change the Law of Moses.

Location hidden

#31488 Jun 17, 2013
USA Born wrote:
For some reason I cannot post as usual.
WW asked
What sums up the Law of the Prophets?
Me said
I'm not sure what you mean by "sums up".
Now please clarify a few things for me.
You say Christ came to make the Law whole. What does that mean?
You said that the God of Genesis is not the same God of the NT. When did that god emerge in scripture.
You said satan didn't exist in Genisis. When did he first emerge also.
The sums up part came right out of the Bible. Go read you Bible.

Jesus came to show what was important and what had been attributed to Moses by all the teachers and impostors sitting on the throne of Moses. Jesus introduces the God of grace and compassion rather than the God of vengeance and retribution. You can't see that?

Location hidden

#31489 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, they were not talking about the Law.
Mark 7:5 5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
Defile means injesting possible bacteria, disease etc.
You say you are a Christian then why don't you believe what Jesus said? Why can't you understand His teachings?
Mathew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Of course they were talking about the Law. As in the following:

Leviticus 11:5
The hyrax, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is unclean for you.

Leviticus 11:6
The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a divided hoof; it is unclean for you.

Leviticus 11:10
But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to regard as unclean.

Leviticus 11:29
“‘Of the animals that move along the ground, these are unclean for you: the weasel, the rat, any kind of great lizard,

Numbers 19:11
“Whoever touches a human corpse will be unclean for seven days.

Deuteronomy 14:8
The pig is also unclean; although it has a divided hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Get the drift? These are all Laws from the Law of Moses. Jesus said this stuff didn't matter.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#31490 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You have created your own god in your own image.
...and you have don so from other men.

What is the difference?

Location hidden

#31491 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
For some reason I cannot post as usual.
WW asked
What sums up the Law of the Prophets?
Me said
I'm not sure what you mean by "sums up".
Now please clarify a few things for me.
You say Christ came to make the Law whole. What does that mean?
You said that the God of Genesis is not the same God of the NT. When did that god emerge in scripture.
You said satan didn't exist in Genisis. When did he first emerge also.
Here is what sums up the Law of the Prophets.

Mark 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus,“is this:‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 4037 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Sums up the so called Law of the Prophets without all the superfluous baggage.

Location hidden

#31492 Jun 18, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
THE HEAVENLY JERUSALEM CITY OF GOD
There is wonderful city,beautiful,bright abd fair;
The Throne of God is in it and the glory of god is thre,
And Oh,the joy of knowing,as the lord redeemed can know,
While through the tribulation of the earthly life they go,
There shall be no more toiling,thre shall be no more care;
There shall be no more crying,hunger,fears,or tears
there shall be no more heartache,through the eternal years!
And in wonderful city there shall be no more night
forever and forever the Lamb shall be its light.
Yea you should go there. Nice place. Try not to get killed.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31493 Jun 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what the hell are we talking about?
Defile means ingesting possible bacteria? Not really.
Genesis 34:5
When Jacob heard that his daughter Dinah had been defiled, his sons were in the fields with his livestock; so he did nothing about it until they came home.
Genesis 49:4
Turbulent as the waters, you will no longer excel, for you went up onto your father’s bed, onto my couch and defiled it.
Exodus 20:25
If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it.
Numbers 18:32
By presenting the best part of it you will not be guilty in this matter; then you will not defile the holy offerings of the Israelites, and you will not die.’”
Seems to me the use of the word "defile" has more to do with ritual purity than anything else.
I believe what Jesus said. I don't believe a word you say. You don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Scripture. You don't understand that Jesus is a liar if he says he didn't change the Law of Moses.
de·file/di&#712;f&#299 ;l/
Verb: mar, or spoil.
Noun: steep-sided, narrow gorge or passage (originally one requiring troops to march in single file).
Synonyms pollute - soil - foul - contaminate - profane - stainnounpass

Hopefully you can see how the definition of defile can apply to the scriptures you posted.
Just for future reference. It is never possble that Jesus is lying. "God be true and every man a liar".

Keeping scripture in context is necessary to understand scripture. I can pick and choose scriptures to say anything I could imagine. Does that make the scriptures a lie?

If you believe Jesus then why do you insist He changed the Law when scriptures say He changed not a jot or tittle? If Jesus said He changed the Law, I would believe it.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31494 Jun 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what sums up the Law of the Prophets.
Mark 12:29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus,“is this:‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”
Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 4037 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Sums up the so called Law of the Prophets without all the superfluous baggage.
"All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
If all people could live fully, the two commandments, they could have lived the Law. But, that is not the world today or in the past.
The scripture doesn't say this is the sum.

Location hidden

#31495 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
de·file/di&#712;f&#299 ;l/
Verb: mar, or spoil.
Noun: steep-sided, narrow gorge or passage (originally one requiring troops to march in single file).
Synonyms pollute - soil - foul - contaminate - profane - stainnounpass
Hopefully you can see how the definition of defile can apply to the scriptures you posted.
Just for future reference. It is never possble that Jesus is lying. "God be true and every man a liar".
Keeping scripture in context is necessary to understand scripture. I can pick and choose scriptures to say anything I could imagine. Does that make the scriptures a lie?
If you believe Jesus then why do you insist He changed the Law when scriptures say He changed not a jot or tittle? If Jesus said He changed the Law, I would believe it.
We are only discussing the word defile within the context of the Bible. Bronze age people knew nothing of bacteria or science.

Profane is probably the best context and has ritual/moral context.

Please address the issue about ritual purity and food discrimination written into the Law of Moses. Please show why Jesus is disregarding the Law of Moses by refusing to observe the traditions. Is Jesus a Liar? Jesus says he didn't come to change the Law. Jesus is asking people to follow his way. If so, he would change the Law by disregarding dietary statutes.

Location hidden

#31497 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
"All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
If all people could live fully, the two commandments, they could have lived the Law. But, that is not the world today or in the past.
The scripture doesn't say this is the sum.
Jesus said all the Law of the Prophets rested upon these two commandments. Jesus danced around the Law of the Prophets even saying that the Law prophesied his coming into the world. The Law would be the 613 laws and statutes rather than prophesy. For the fulfillment statement to be true, Jesus would have been talking about Hebrew Scripture in its entirety rather than the Law of Moses. There is an obvious misinterpretation in the Bible.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

#31498 Jun 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea you should go there. Nice place. Try not to get killed.
The OT focused on physical things. The NT, spiritual. In the OT God's people were the Israelites and the physical city of Jerusalem. Today, spiritual Israel is the church.
John 4:20-21
Gal. 6:16
Rom. 2:28-30
Gal. 3:29
Eph. 1:22-23
John 15:26
Rev. 21:2
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31500 Jun 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
We are only discussing the word defile within the context of the Bible. Bronze age people knew nothing of bacteria or science.
Profane is probably the best context and has ritual/moral context.
Please address the issue about ritual purity and food discrimination written into the Law of Moses. Please show why Jesus is disregarding the Law of Moses by refusing to observe the traditions. Is Jesus a Liar? Jesus says he didn't come to change the Law. Jesus is asking people to follow his way. If so, he would change the Law by disregarding dietary statutes.
So now you're an expert on the bronze age. You even change word definitions to make your blasphemy true.
It is you who is a liar. If you want to eat a lizard, who cares. If you think the traditions of men make the Law any less the Law, that is your opinion.
YOU WROTE:
Please show why Jesus is disregarding the Law of Moses by refusing to observe the traditions. Is Jesus a Liar? Jesus says he didn't come to change the Law.

What? You say Jesus disregarded the Law, not me. God gave the Law to Moses. How can Jesus be without sin if He broke or changed the Law He came to fulfill? I agree Jesus asked us to follow Him. His words are clear.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31501 Jun 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said all the Law of the Prophets rested upon these two commandments. Jesus danced around the Law of the Prophets even saying that the Law prophesied his coming into the world. The Law would be the 613 laws and statutes rather than prophesy. For the fulfillment statement to be true, Jesus would have been talking about Hebrew Scripture in its entirety rather than the Law of Moses. There is an obvious misinterpretation in the Bible.
Jesus, the one you claim to follow, "danced" around the Law? The Law and the Prophets are two different things. Jesus never said the Law prophesied His coming but the prophets, and they did.

You wrote: For the fulfillment statement to be true, Jesus would have been talking about Hebrew
What does that mean? That makes no sense. The only misinterpretation of the scriptures is yours. You make everything a lie that doesn't fit your theology.

I really do not understand your obsession with the Law. There is much more Jesus taught.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31502 Jun 18, 2013
Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The OT focused on physical things. The NT, spiritual. In the OT God's people were the Israelites and the physical city of Jerusalem. Today, spiritual Israel is the church.
John 4:20-21
Gal. 6:16
Rom. 2:28-30
Gal. 3:29
Eph. 1:22-23
John 15:26
Rev. 21:2
AMEN!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Albuquerque, NM

#31503 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
As "Paul" expresses here - we utilize the Self to accomplish these "mind games".

Self - learn it, live it, love it.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31504 Jun 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
As "Paul" expresses here - we utilize the Self to accomplish these "mind games".
Self - learn it, live it, love it.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
So the only thing you got out of the scripture was loving your fleshly self?

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise

Albuquerque, NM

#31505 Jun 18, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only thing you got out of the scripture was loving your fleshly self?
2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise
I can understand how you would prefer this to Self, instead of the "arrogance" it speaks of.

Self is not arrogance, but understanding why one does things the way they do.

FYI - no one should measure themselves upto anyone else. Looks like you failed when trying to measure up to "Paul".

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?

Please post Jesus' teaching that shows what "Paul" stated is correct.

Albuquerque, NM

#31506 Jun 18, 2013
BTW USA - you forgot to answer a question I posed to you the other day.

What is the difference between your "God", which is an image described by other men, and one that is imagined solely by an individual?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31507 Jun 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I can understand how you would prefer this to Self, instead of the "arrogance" it speaks of.
Self is not arrogance, but understanding why one does things the way they do.
FYI - no one should measure themselves upto anyone else. Looks like you failed when trying to measure up to "Paul".
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Please post Jesus' teaching that shows what "Paul" stated is correct.
Mark 5:8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

Matthew 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Another lie coming from you. I never said Paul was more "enlightened" than Jesus. First off, I would never call my Lord and Christ "enlightened".

Can you show one scripture where Jesus teaches against Paul's teaching.

Show one scripture where Jesus says we must know and love ourselves. If you can't find it per se, maybe you just made that up.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#31509 Jun 18, 2013
BTW USA - you forgot to answer a question I posed to you the other day.
What is the difference between your "God", which is an image described by other men, and one that is imagined solely by an individual?
I don't know the difference between my God and someone elses. A difference in some people could be that some lead people to the scriptures and others lead away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 542,874
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Catcher1 739,792
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Tealiban Fascists 173,746
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Dave Nelson 227,690
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 28 min Roger 874
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min KiMare 95,524
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 1 hr raj 37
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••