Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what Mark 7:6 says in the KJV.
Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Notice it says Esaias not Isaiah. This is important because they are two separate individuals and both have a distinct role in the Holy Bible.
Much is attributed to various authors who had nothing to do with what was written or non-existent. Why should I consider this important? Why is the Holy Bible missing Chapters? Isn't that sinful according to the real Bible?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
You could'n back up your claim of Biblical contradiction., which you cut and paste.
Can you try to back up your claim that Jesus only followed the Ten Commandments? You just throw things out there with no intelligent Biblical scripture, just false accusations. You must waste alot of time making this stuff up.
I can show hundreds of Bible contradictions. You sure you want to play this silly game?

The Gospels already back my claim. Read them again. Jesus only preaches on the Ten Commandments. For example, Jesus says all the Law of the Prophets is based upon the two greatest commandments.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
The Kingdom of God simply means that which is Godly and defined by the Ten Commandments. Read Kings 1 and Kings 2. It already exists in Hebrew Scripture.
You'll have to provide chapter and verse. I'm not about to go sifting through two entire books to do YOUR legwork for you.

But I tell you what, I WILL make it a bit easier for you. Here is the Link to the same Bible look-up site I use:

http://www.biblegateway.com/

It's easy to use, great for quickly finding passages, and you can also easily compare the same passage between different Bibles at the same time. Additionally, there are over 60 Bibles in different languages, more than two dozen in English alone.
USABorn

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Show me the Commandment broken in the Book of Genesis. Moses was not born yet. Were all the people guilty of breaking the unknown commandment inducing women, children and the unborn? Your God is unworthy of worship.
God tells Noah why, that is how we know. If your problem is with innocent people being punished, that is also explained.
It is you who is not worthy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show hundreds of Bible contradictions. You sure you want to play this silly game?

The Gospels already back my claim. Read them again. Jesus only preaches on the Ten Commandments. For example, Jesus says all the Law of the Prophets is based upon the two greatest commandments.
I'll give you this: you're very good at cherry-picking and distorting what the Bible really says. But are you really sure YOU want to play this silly game?

Yes, indeed, Jesus did say that the Law is fulfilled by fulfilling the two greatest commandments:
_________

Matthew 22:35 One of [the Pharisees], an expert in the law, tested Him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

_________

But to say that Jesus ONLY preached on the Ten Commandments is both silly and just plain wrong. Anyone who is even remotely familiar with Jesus' Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1--Matthew 7:29) knows that, and I cite the first portion as an example:

_________

Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount

Matthew 5 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to Him, 2 and He began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Wastewater, I don't know why you're playing this stupid little game, but I believe you know it's only a game. I think you know exactly what you are doing, and that you are out to hurt and if possible destroy Christian faith. If I were you, I'd pay particular attention to verses 10-12, posted above.
USABorn

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus observed the Sabbath and more.
USABorn

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Much is attributed to various authors who had nothing to do with what was written or non-existent. Why should I consider this important? Why is the Holy Bible missing Chapters? Isn't that sinful according to the real Bible?
That is just your opinion. You are the one who is using scripture to prove your point, but can't back it up with knowledge of the scripture.

Are you an atheist? Maybe you've answered this before. If so, I missed it.
USABorn

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also said He did not come to destroy the Law but fulfill it. Jesus also kept the Passover commanded by the Law. He became our Passover when He was crucified.
Can you show the and explain why you feel the scriptures contradict. Last time you just pasted a list of what someone else said was a contradiction without stating you position at all.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't.
The Kingdom of God simply means that which is Godly and defined by the Ten Commandments. Read Kings 1 and Kings 2. It already exists in Hebrew Scripture.
The "Kingdom of God" is not mentioned until the NT. There is OT prophesy pointing to it, but it does not exist in the OT. In the NT gospels it is spoken of in a future tense just as Jesus spoke of it in a future tense as follows:

Mark 9:1
And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

The kingdom later appears with power in Acts 2 and is spoken of in a current state throughout the rest of the NT. This is all after the Law of Moses (including the Ten Commandments) had been replaced.

Not to worry though... 9 of the commandments specified in the 10 commandments are also taught in the NT writings so its not like those timeless teachings are of no value anymore.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your contradictions are only misunderstandings by people that do not understand the following:

"It shall greatly helpe ye to
understande Scripture,
If thou mark
Not only what is spoken or wrytten,
But of whom,
And to whom,
With what words,
At what time,
Where,
To what intent,
With what circumstances,
Considering what goeth before
And what followeth."

John Wycliffe (1324-1384)

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(NKJV)
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Saban fan

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these quotes coming from? Your opinion? Can you show a reference?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
God tells Noah why, that is how we know. If your problem is with innocent people being punished, that is also explained.
It is you who is not worthy.
According too the Book of Genesis, why does God murder all the people? There are no commandments. Please explain why this is just? Suppose you were pulled over and given a ticket for going through a stop sign which did not exist. Would you be OK with that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these quotes coming from? Your opinion? Can you show a reference?
I didn't quote anything. I read the Gospels. You should do likewise. You may learn something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also said He did not come to destroy the Law but fulfill it. Jesus also kept the Passover commanded by the Law. He became our Passover when He was crucified.
Can you show the and explain why you feel the scriptures contradict. Last time you just pasted a list of what someone else said was a contradiction without stating you position at all.
What does it mean to fulfill the Law? Which Law was Jesus referring too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your contradictions are only misunderstandings by people that do not understand the following:
"It shall greatly helpe ye to
understande Scripture,
If thou mark
Not only what is spoken or wrytten,
But of whom,
And to whom,
With what words,
At what time,
Where,
To what intent,
With what circumstances,
Considering what goeth before
And what followeth."
John Wycliffe (1324-1384)
2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(NKJV)
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Nonsense. Consider the following.

God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings, sacrifices ,and holy days

Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9

God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings, sacrifices, and holy days.

Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12

Those guys lied to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus observed all the Law. Can you name even one of the Commandments that Jesus broke?
The commandments were given to Moses by God. You are saying Jesus disobeyed God.
If you are going mock the scriptures, at least read them first.
Jesus observed the Ten Commandments but disputed The Law of Moses. What is it you don't understand about the Gospels and the Bible?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
According too the Book of Genesis, why does God murder all the people? There are no commandments. Please explain why this is just? Suppose you were pulled over and given a ticket for going through a stop sign which did not exist. Would you be OK with that?
Why are you trying to evade the questions posed to you by asking questions of others yourself? Oldest trick in the book, played by people who know they're cornered.

Gee...I guess that means YOU'RE cornered. You have nothing else, and you know it. Your problem is, so do WE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you trying to evade the questions posed to you by asking questions of others yourself? Oldest trick in the book, played by people who know they're cornered.
Gee...I guess that means YOU'RE cornered. You have nothing else, and you know it. Your problem is, so do WE.
No trick involved. This is called discussion. If you don't like it, GTFOH.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Kingdom of God" is not mentioned until the NT. There is OT prophesy pointing to it, but it does not exist in the OT. In the NT gospels it is spoken of in a future tense just as Jesus spoke of it in a future tense as follows:
Mark 9:1
And he said to them,“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
The kingdom later appears with power in Acts 2 and is spoken of in a current state throughout the rest of the NT. This is all after the Law of Moses (including the Ten Commandments) had been replaced.
Not to worry though... 9 of the commandments specified in the 10 commandments are also taught in the NT writings so its not like those timeless teachings are of no value anymore.
The Kingdom of God is simply another way to express being one with the God head is it not? It is not an actual place.
Roberta G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No trick involved. This is called discussion. If you don't like it, GTFOH.
And that's another sure sign someone's cornered: he starts in with obscenities and abuse. Maybe it's time YOU left, since you're still not answering the questions to you, you gutless hack.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••