|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
MAMA
your posts are to long and boring potential poor souls
just short posts and AGAPE LOVE will lift up those poor miserable souls who doesn't have any clue,what they are talking about?
tune familyradio and listen Bible readings all night,plus hymns
ok?
You are right, when it comes to those people who are eager to hear the Good News. But that's not what happened here: this pinhead New Age was deliberately misrepresenting what the Bible says, distorting and taking God's Word out of context. When I come across such poisonous nonsense, I will refute it by the best possible antidote there is: the Bible itself.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda one sided isn't it? In most contracts, two parties agree to something. What commandments were broken that caused God to drown all the people including innocent women and children?
I guess you could say that two parties do agree to something. He is always faithful to His covenant and those of us that remain faithful to the covenant as a part of God's family will partake in the inheritance.

You won't have to read too far into Genesis to find the actions that led up to the flood.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
You see Jesus only observed the Ten Commandments rather than the Law of Moses which he called burdensome laws of man.
Matthew 10:10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Mark 7:6 He replied,“Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[b]
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”
During Jesus' life the Law of Moses was in place. He observed the Passover feast etc. The new covenant we are currently under was not in place until his death and the church he bought with His blood did not exist until about 50 days after his death and several days after His ascension.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't sacrifice animals either. Animal sacrifice was required by the Law of Moses.
Being without sin He wouldn't have to. But, I'm not aware of the scriptures that would affirm your statement. Where do you read that He didn't participate in the sacrifices?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said He did. USA Born said that Christians sacrificed animals, so I wanted to demonstrate that not only do we NOT sacrifice animals, we have no need to sacrifice animals.2207
I see your point. OTOH, The Law of Moses required animal sacrifice which means Jesus did not observe the Law of Moses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Being without sin He wouldn't have to. But, I'm not aware of the scriptures that would affirm your statement. Where do you read that He didn't participate in the sacrifices?
According to the Gospels, Jesus only preached the Ten Commandments. He also spoke of those "sitting in the throne of Moses," meaning the impostors who wrote The Law of Moses. Show me one verse where Jesus advocates animal sacrifice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you could say that two parties do agree to something. He is always faithful to His covenant and those of us that remain faithful to the covenant as a part of God's family will partake in the inheritance.
You won't have to read too far into Genesis to find the actions that led up to the flood.
So you are in it for the insurance. Interesting. Is that like double down at the betting tables?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What commandments did the people killed in the flood break?
USABorn

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
"Delusional" describes yourself. Christians don't sacrifice animals. I've been a Christian for more than 30 years, and I have NEVER seen nor heard of any individual Christian, Christian congregation or Christian denomination sacrificing an animal, anywhere in the world, at any time. Not even once.(Mind you, I think you already know this, you're just being a jerk).
____
Hebrews 7:21 ...[Jesus] became a priest with an oath when God said to Him:
“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
‘You are a priest forever.’”
22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.
...24 but because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them...
...27 Unlike the other high priests, He does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for His own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered Himself.
Hebrews 10 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming...For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said:
“Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
but a body You prepared for Me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
You were not pleased.
7 Then I said,‘Here I am—it is written about Me in the scroll—
I have come to do Your will, My God.’”
...9 Then [Jesus] said,“Here I am, I have come to do Your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this Priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God...14 For by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put My laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”
17 Then He adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”
18 AND WHERE THESE HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, SACRIFICE FOR SIN IS NO LONGER NECESSARY.
I was being sarcastic. I know Christians have NEVER sacrificed animals. If you read the posts from New Age and Waste you'll see why. They believe the Bible is invalid. I was trying to show how their own statements were false.
USABorn

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Bible. It clearly states why. Who are you to question Him?
USABorn

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Gospels, Jesus only preached the Ten Commandments. He also spoke of those "sitting in the throne of Moses," meaning the impostors who wrote The Law of Moses. Show me one verse where Jesus advocates animal sacrifice.
You could'n back up your claim of Biblical contradiction., which you cut and paste.
Can you try to back up your claim that Jesus only followed the Ten Commandments? You just throw things out there with no intelligent Biblical scripture, just false accusations. You must waste alot of time making this stuff up.
USABorn

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point. OTOH, The Law of Moses required animal sacrifice which means Jesus did not observe the Law of Moses.
Jesus observed all the Law. Can you name even one of the Commandments that Jesus broke?
The commandments were given to Moses by God. You are saying Jesus disobeyed God.
If you are going mock the scriptures, at least read them first.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of showing me verses, you are telling me your opinion of what Jesus taught. Can you tell us where it is so I can understand the context? I'm not aware of Jesus breaking any laws that were in place. He lived under the Law of Moses.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are in it for the insurance. Interesting. Is that like double down at the betting tables?
The "bet" is to disobey the gospel.

A life lived in obedient faith in God doesn't risk anything in this life, except the possibility of a VD or something.
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Begin reading around Genesis 5...
USABorn

Claremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
You see Jesus only observed the Ten Commandments rather than the Law of Moses which he called burdensome laws of man.
Matthew 10:10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”
Mark 7:6 He replied,“Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[b]
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”
Here is what Mark 7:6 says in the KJV.

Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Notice it says Esaias not Isaiah. This is important because they are two separate individuals and both have a distinct role in the Holy Bible.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus preached on WAY more than the Ten Commandments. His most important theme was the good news that the Kingdom of God was near, and what the Kingdom of God is like.

Luke 4:43 But [Jesus] said,“I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”

John 3:3 Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked...

5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Moses never sat on any kind of throne, nor did Jesus ever refer to Moses sitting on any kind of throne. I challenge you to prove otherwise: book, chapter and verse, please.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being sarcastic. I know Christians have NEVER sacrificed animals. If you read the posts from New Age and Waste you'll see why. They believe the Bible is invalid. I was trying to show how their own statements were false.
Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

USABorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Bible. It clearly states why. Who are you to question Him?
I did. Show me the Commandment broken in the Book of Genesis. Moses was not born yet. Were all the people guilty of breaking the unknown commandment inducing women, children and the unborn? Your God is unworthy of worship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Roberta G wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus preached on WAY more than the Ten Commandments. His most important theme was the good news that the Kingdom of God was near, and what the Kingdom of God is like.
Luke 4:43 But [Jesus] said,“I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.”
John 3:3 Jesus replied,“Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked...
5 Jesus answered,“Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The Kingdom of God simply means that which is Godly and defined by the Ten Commandments. Read Kings 1 and Kings 2. It already exists in Hebrew Scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,861 - 29,880 of32,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

413 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min River Tam 716,425
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min ali 332
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min The Awakener 171,443
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Lab28 223,166
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 22 min ROYAL 4,076
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 27 min Nobody 2 Special 1,477
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 28 min MUQ1 36,389
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,692
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••