Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Brother Lee Love wrote:
I wrote: I meant that it was Father that renewed the covenant with Israel and not Yahowshua. Yahowshua played an integral part in the renewing of the new covenant, though.
<quoted text>It's in the bible.
<quoted text>Just the bible. But, the bible is a collection of 66 separate documents, so...
<quoted text>Apparently, I don't, or I'd believe you were truly a legitimate leader of some new-age spirituality movement.
<quoted text>In the bible? All things must harmonize with Torah and Tanakh.
Ya know Lee, I read through your responses, and I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but the conversation has seem to move into many directions, while keeping up with them all would be futile and confusing, I've chosen only to answer these and summarize the others.

To summarize - all in all, you've chosen men to describe for you what your belief entails. You also don't believe Jesus' teachings in GoThomas,but will also utilize 3rd generation disciples as your continued authority. I understand, I do. You've [Self] chosen to believe this because of the Bible and its 66 books.

Yes - Lee, all this is done through Self, and no religion, god, or other external being will change this. Your Self actually has done everything in your life, unless you care to reveal numerous miracles happening to you directly. Did they? No? Ah, no proof that they did? You see where this is going, right? You are intelligent enough to recognize honesty, correct?

Self.

Now for this post.....
"I meant that it was Father that renewed the covenant with Israel and not Yahowshua. Yahowshua played an integral part in the renewing of the new covenant, though."
- Sure.'it's in the bible' isn't an answer. Is there any other "God" ensured pacts with Israel made?You seem sure about this, so I want you to "prove" it now.

"It's in the bible."
- non-answer. In fact, only uninformed so-called "Christians" use this tactic of men stating, "it is to be so, so that makes it true, but only if you repeat it enough times." This is where you are at.

"Just the bible. But, the bible is a collection of 66 separate documents, so..."
- the Bible has been proven to be changed by the men and scribes who copied and wrote it. Do you think these anonymous changes correct the previous versions? Why would "God inspired men" need correction?
http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-...

"Apparently, I don't, or I'd believe you were truly a legitimate leader of some new-age spirituality movement."
- I'm not a leader. I'm just another person in this world who has a voice and openly uses to voice out against people like you who are trying to continue to mislead others with false doctrines and dogma, as presented in the world religions. Have I started a 'movement'? Nah - just part of one that has been growing.
http://lookingforthenewage.wordpress.com/2009...

"The subtitle of the report says “Eastern, New Age Beliefs Widespread.” And there are many fascinating things in the report which indicate a New Age style of belief is indeed widely embraced."
- I guess one could say that many of whom your call brethren, aren't really "Christian" at all, and live 'heathen' lives, huh?

"In the bible? All things must harmonize with Torah and Tanakh."
- Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Now you are a Jewish Christian, huh? No such thing. You are either "Jewish" or "Christian", because one must convert to Christianity from Judaism in order to be accepted. You know, renounce your former life and be "born again" through baptism and Jesus. That is "their definition", right - or something like that? I've heard so many different ones, this encapsulates the gist of it.

Honesty. Self.

These go hand in hand, and "produces good fruit" that any religion has to offer.

Why don't you believe Jesus?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you know what Jesus and Peter taught but it is merely here-say. There is no way to actually have such knowledge.
It is plain to see that God only uses what is already there. God never introduces that which does not already exist.
I already gave an example of one way the Bible timeline can be established. We have but a few generations between Creation and the Flood. The Flood account states that Mt. Ararat exists. Since Mt. Ararat is a fairly recent volcanic formation, we can easily ascertain the the Bible is less than 10,000 years. Most knowledgeable Bible people agree that the Biblical timeline is less than 10,000 years and is related to the birth of civilization in the fertile river valleys of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.
Considering the fact that the world is around 4.5 billion years old, and the fact that the Andromeda Galaxy is 2.4 million light years away, it is safe to say that Mt. Ararat is a very recent formation.
The flood never happened. It is myth.
Unless it was "regional".

This article describes when Mt Aetna erupted 8000 yrs ago, it produced a devastating tsunami for the Middle Eastern region.

Here's an excerpt about a lost city near Haifa, Israel.
http://www.cataniacultura.com/120tsunami-e.ht...

"Atlit-Yam is a coastal place near the modern city of Haifa in the north of the state of Israel, at the feet of the famous Mount Carmel that in Christian age gave rise to the cult of the homonymous Our Lady. At a distance between the 200 and 400 meters from the coastline, at the depth of about ten meters under the sea level, the underwater Israelis archaeologists, coordinated from Ehud Galili, Supervisor of the Israel Antiquities, have discovered since the 1984 the ruins of a human settlement that 8000 years ago had to be in surface. "

If one is to envision this occurring, stories could be generated from evacuations and now "belief".

Very probably explanation to the "flood story".

Another possibility is...the Baltic Sea overspilling into the area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

It was the "mountains of Ararat." Ararat was the region.

The floodwater is today in the oceans. There is plenty of water to cover the entire earth, and this is confirmed to have happened with the fossil record found globally in sedimentary rock. There is also a global limestone chalk deposit proving the earth was under water and for how long.

The earth is not bazzillions of years old. Those theories are in refute by other scientists all over the nets. Starlight cannot be used to date anything, it is simply a measure of distance, not time. If God created everything as the Bible says, starlight was made visible on day 04 as Adam and Eve were created day 6.

The town or village where Abraham lived has been unearth recently in Iraq.. and on and on. The Bible is confirmed with ever dig of the spade.

The flood is a scientific fact and confirms the biblical account of world history.
socci

Plattsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD

Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.

We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...

Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.

"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.

The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29

"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...

"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."

continues:

http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm

www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creation-sto...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Expert in all things wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is your assumption about Mt Ararat, more claims based on what you have been told and nothing when it comes to evidence.
What specifically are you trying to say? That Mt. Ararat is estimated to be from the Neogene Era about 2.5 million years ago? So the fact of the matter is, Mt. Ararat was around 16,000' high when the myth of Noah was told. There still was insufficient water in the world to cover Mt. Ararat proving that the flood never happened as told.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

socci wrote:
The floodwater is today in the oceans. There is plenty of water to cover the entire earth, and this is confirmed to have happened with the fossil record found globally in sedimentary rock. There is also a global limestone chalk deposit proving the earth was under water and for how long.
The earth is not bazzillions of years old. Those theories are in refute by other scientists all over the nets. Starlight cannot be used to date anything, it is simply a measure of distance, not time. If God created everything as the Bible says, starlight was made visible on day 04 as Adam and Eve were created day 6.
The town or village where Abraham lived has been unearth recently in Iraq.. and on and on. The Bible is confirmed with ever dig of the spade.
The flood is a scientific fact and confirms the biblical account of world history.
False. In my last post I showed that Mt. Ararat is around 2.5 billion years old, much older than the human race. The flood never happened because there was never enough water in the world to cover a 16,000' mountain. Besides, isn't the first thought about building a 400' craft? How could Noah do that? He had no saw mills or ship building skills. Do you have any idea what it would take to make such a vessel? A 400' vessel made entirely of wood needed iron fasteners. Noah did not even live in the bronze age. How did he cut the wood and hold it together? If that is not bad enough. How did he feed and clean up after the animals? It would be around 35,000lbs of food and 35,000lbs of waste to deal with 15,000 species, a small fraction of what existed 10,000 years ago. That would even be more extraordinary. Sorry, it's all mythology. It never happened.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless it was "regional".
This article describes when Mt Aetna erupted 8000 yrs ago, it produced a devastating tsunami for the Middle Eastern region.
Here's an excerpt about a lost city near Haifa, Israel.
http://www.cataniacultura.com/120tsunami-e.ht...
"Atlit-Yam is a coastal place near the modern city of Haifa in the north of the state of Israel, at the feet of the famous Mount Carmel that in Christian age gave rise to the cult of the homonymous Our Lady. At a distance between the 200 and 400 meters from the coastline, at the depth of about ten meters under the sea level, the underwater Israelis archaeologists, coordinated from Ehud Galili, Supervisor of the Israel Antiquities, have discovered since the 1984 the ruins of a human settlement that 8000 years ago had to be in surface. "
If one is to envision this occurring, stories could be generated from evacuations and now "belief".
Very probably explanation to the "flood story".
Another possibility is...the Baltic Sea overspilling into the area:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...
I forgot and mixed up the last eruption with the original formation. You are correct. It erupted around 8,000 years ago but was estimated to be formed around 2.5 million years ago. But why limit ourselves to Mt. Ararat? The Biblical account says that the highest mountain was covered. The highest mountain was Mt. Everest which is several miles high.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Problem is your assumption about Mt Ararat, more claims based on what you have been told and nothing when it comes to evidence.
I would have to say you are the one going on what you have been told of the Bible. Science is based upon tangible evidence and observation. The evidence shows us that Mt. Ararat was formed int eh Neogene Era long before humans existed. Can you prove otherwise?
Gut Stomper

Ashland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

hello!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

socci wrote:
1) The earth's crust mover around as do the oceans. What is below gets uplifted as the crust wrinkles. If we were to bring all the water to the surface and melt all the ice, we would only raise the mean sea level by around two meters. This is hardly enough to cover any mountain, even the puniest of mountains.

2) The earth is estimated to be around 4.5 billion years old.

3) Starlight does indeed measure time. Light travels at a speed with is know. The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. If the Biblical account were correct, it would prove that the world is at least that old.

4) Prove that the village is the actual village where Abraham lived? Let's see the source of this information.
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to say you are the one going on what you have been told of the Bible. Science is based upon tangible evidence and observation. The evidence shows us that Mt. Ararat was formed int eh Neogene Era long before humans existed. Can you prove otherwise?
You are a piece of work, fer sure. It was a few pages back that you claimed,

"I already gave an example of one way the Bible timeline can be established. We have but a few generations between Creation and the Flood. The Flood account states that Mt. Ararat exists. Since Mt. Ararat is a fairly recent volcanic formation, we can easily ascertain the the Bible is less than 10,000 years."

My reply to you was that you are an idiot and don't know anything you are talking about.

What else are you wanting from me? Already proved my point, you have been tossed back, tiny!
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot and mixed up the last eruption with the original formation. You are correct. It erupted around 8,000 years ago but was estimated to be formed around 2.5 million years ago. But why limit ourselves to Mt. Ararat? The Biblical account says that the highest mountain was covered. The highest mountain was Mt. Everest which is several miles high.
Hey, Mr. "Since Mt. Ararat is a fairly recent volcanic formation, we can easily ascertain the the Bible is less than 10,000 years."

classic...
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The earth's crust mover around as do the oceans. What is below gets uplifted as the crust wrinkles. If we were to bring all the water to the surface and melt all the ice, we would only raise the mean sea level by around two meters. This is hardly enough to cover any mountain, even the puniest of mountains.
2) The earth is estimated to be around 4.5 billion years old.
3) Starlight does indeed measure time. Light travels at a speed with is know. The Andromeda Galaxy is 2.4 million light years away. If the Biblical account were correct, it would prove that the world is at least that old.
4) Prove that the village is the actual village where Abraham lived? Let's see the source of this information.
Now are you sure this time? Or is this another story like your "Since Mt. Ararat is a fairly recent volcanic formation, we can easily ascertain the the Bible is less than 10,000 years."

priceless...
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What specifically are you trying to say? That Mt. Ararat is estimated to be from the Neogene Era about 2.5 million years ago? So the fact of the matter is, Mt. Ararat was around 16,000' high when the myth of Noah was told. There still was insufficient water in the world to cover Mt. Ararat proving that the flood never happened as told.
Thanks, I stand corrected.
You ride on a short-yellow bus and wear a helmet, huh?
Saban fan

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should anyone search a repository of worthless information?
Opinions? Everyone has one. Many ARE worthless. Yours?
Point out an example of the worthlessness scripturally and scientifically on this site.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"I already gave an example of one way the Bible timeline can be established. We have but a few generations between Creation and the Flood. The Flood account states that Mt. Ararat exists. Since Mt. Ararat is a fairly recent volcanic formation, we can easily ascertain the the Bible is less than 10,000 years."
My reply to you was that you are an idiot and don't know anything you are talking about.
What else are you wanting from me? Already proved my point, you have been tossed back, tiny!
Ad hominem statment... dismissed.

I already clarified that point. The Mt. Ararat formation is from an age 2.5 million years ago. Therefore Mt. Ararat higher than what is possible to cover with water as the Bible states. Mt. Ararat's last eruption was around 6,000 years ago.

Do you have any point you wish to make?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You ride on a short-yellow bus and wear a helmet, huh?
Dismissed

NEXT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Saban fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions? Everyone has one. Many ARE worthless. Yours?
Point out an example of the worthlessness scripturally and scientifically on this site.
You are correct. Ignoramuses don't want to learn anything rational. They are in love with their worthless and unsubstantiated opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

socci wrote:
Babylon and the Bible
by Professor Walter J. Veith, PhD
Two hundred years ago, scholars doubted whether Babylon ever existed. The only record could be found in the Bible. Critics used the story of Babylon, and what they called its "non-historic kings," to discount Scripture. However, Babylon was discovered and excavated in 1898.
We know today that Babylon was one of the first cities in the world, and founded by Nimrod, great-grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:9-10). Archaeologists have found his name on many inscriptions and tablets, while a massive head of Nimrod has been excavated near Calah on the Tigris River.
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...
Sumeria is located in the Land of Kish (Kush or Cush) founded by son of Noah's son Ham.
"Kish was occupied beginning in the Jemdet Nasr period (3100 BC), gaining prominence as one of the pre-eminent powers in the region during the early dynastic period.
The Sumerian king list states that it was the first city to have kings following the deluge, beginning with Jushur."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kish_%28Sumer%29
"Cush, son of Ham. The Empire of Kush to the south of Egypt is known from at least 1970 BC, but this name has also been associated by some with the Kassites who inhabited the Zagros area of Mesopotamia, the Sumerian city of Kish in the Land of Kish."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Noah#Ham...
"The Sumerian Kish, the first city established in Mesopotamia after the Flood, took its name from the man known in the Bible as Cush. The first kingdom established after the Flood was Kish, and the name "Kish" appears often on clay tablets. The early post-Flood Sumerian king lists say that "kingship descended from heaven to Kish" after the Flood."
continues:
http://davelivingston.com/nimrod.htm
www.noahs-ark.tv/noahs-ark-flood-creation-sto...
There was no flood as described in the Bible.

NEXT
Expert in all things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ad hominem statment... dismissed.
I already clarified that point. The Mt. Ararat formation is from an age 2.5 million years ago. Therefore Mt. Ararat higher than what is possible to cover with water as the Bible states. Mt. Ararat's last eruption was around 6,000 years ago.
Do you have any point you wish to make?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

564 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min feces for jesus 720,412
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min CowardlYID Fkrs 115,022
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min dubble dubya 256,430
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Senecus 599,054
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 17 min ChromiuMan 5,225
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,291
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 19 min Keepitin Yourpants 136
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min June VanDerMark 532,514
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••