What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30747 Apr 1, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct - there is no "heresy" assocaited with any of the non-canonical texts, only men have deemed to be such.
You see, Gary believes men have the capacity to define an infallible "God", even though the men defining this being are fallible.
It just doesn't work.
But who am I to say "paul" and others are more enlightened than Jesus.
I'll stick with Jesus as the primary source.
Gary elevates the Bible to the same level as God. This could be considered a form of idolatry correct?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#30748 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
When we examine the way Jesus viewed Scripture we can see that He trusted it totally—believing it to be without error.
Citation please.
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
All Scripture Was Divinely Inspired
Jesus believed that the Scripture, in its entirety, is God-breathed.
Citation please.
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
When confronted with the temptation of the devil He said:
Jesus answered, "It is written:‘One does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4).
No - this is "Matthew", using and copying from Mark, and then writing it down.
Do you have another witness that Jesus said this, especially if this occurred only in the presence of Jesus and "the devil"?
I think you are trying to mislead others with false doctrine.
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus believed in the full authority of Scripture. Humans are to live by every word that comes from of the mouth of God. All parts, and every word were considered important to Jesus. In another place He said.
Citation please that shows Jesus "believed in the full authority of Scripture".
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished (Matthew 5:17,18).
Jesus says alot of things that you don't believe, what makes you think this is true?
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament Is Historically Accurate
Jesus spoke of the Old Testament in terms of actual history. He believed that the people mentioned actually existed and the events records truly occurred. These include: Adam and Eve (Matthew 19), Jonah and the great sea monster (Matthew 12), and Noah and the Flood (Matthew 24).
Citation please.
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible Is A Unity
Jesus also testified the Scripture were a unity — one unfolding complete story.
Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you — that everything written about me in the law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44).
Why do you believe a third generation disciple over Jesus, when he stated:
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

Albuquerque, NM

#30749 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also said.
If those to whom the word of God came were called ‘gods'— and the Scripture cannot be annulled —(John 10:35)
Jesus said that the entire Old Testament witnesses to His person and work.
Why don't you believe what Jesus says in other texts?
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, he expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself (Luke 24:27).
Why do you think a third generation disciple is more enlightened than Jesus?
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scripture Must Be Fulfilled
Because the Bible is God's divinely inspired Word, everything that it says must be fulfilled. Jesus said to those who arrested Him.
But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say it must happen in this way?(Matthew 26:54).
No - the Bible was written by fallible men.
Why do you think fallible men can define an infallible being?
And why do you limit "God's" inspiration to just a handful of people?
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Word Is True
Jesus said the Bible is also without error.
Sanctify them by your truth. Your word is truth (John 17:17).
http://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewar...
"Jesus said the Bible is also without error."

Where? Citation please.

Looks like you have some work to do.

Albuquerque, NM

#30750 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary elevates the Bible to the same level as God. This could be considered a form of idolatry correct?
I would think so, but I'm not one to elevate such.

Gary needs to move past teh words and understand their meanings, in which he highly lacks the intellilect to do so, because he prefers to follow men and what they want to believe.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#30751 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept of a covenant is Church dogma. Jesus never speaks of any covenant. The concept of covenant is from Hebrew Scripture. God makes the covenant. Jesus is the Son of God, not God. Only God can make a covenant.
So you still sacrifice cows and sheep daily as the Old Covenant requires? Jesus sacrifice fulfilled the Old Covenant. It ended all sacrifices and included the Gentiles and the rest of the world that had not yet been discovered and reached into the flock of Christ.

John 10:

10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Location hidden

#30752 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I would think so, but I'm not one to elevate such.
Gary needs to move past teh words and understand their meanings, in which he highly lacks the intellilect to do so, because he prefers to follow men and what they want to believe.
Exactly. Isn't one supposed to be moved by the presence of the Holy Spirit?

Location hidden

#30753 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
So you still sacrifice cows and sheep daily as the Old Covenant requires? Jesus sacrifice fulfilled the Old Covenant. It ended all sacrifices and included the Gentiles and the rest of the world that had not yet been discovered and reached into the flock of Christ.
John 10:
10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
If every woman went to the priest to make the proscribed sacrifice each time she was on the rag, we would have no more pigeons or doves. How is this supposed to make any sense? I doubt God ordered such a horrible thing.

Albuquerque, NM

#30754 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Isn't one supposed to be moved by the presence of the Holy Spirit?
...unless you call yourself a so-called "Christian", then only they can be moved by the HS.

They are the only ones, besides Muslim, that think if they are not with them, they are evil and will go to hell.

How can anyone in their right mind wish people to be hated by others? "Christians" don't mind using arrogance and ego to overcome this.

*sighs*

Albuquerque, NM

#30755 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
If every woman went to the priest to make the proscribed sacrifice each time she was on the rag, we would have no more pigeons or doves. How is this supposed to make any sense? I doubt God ordered such a horrible thing.
Another good post.

How many so-called "Christians" actually "clean" themselves inthis ritualistic manner.

Well we know Gary does, because he is a believer in the truth, but does he really? Or does he just say he believes the word to be true, but doesn't follow this cleansing ritual? I wonder if his wife does? His daughters? His mother?

This is how I know most so-called "Christians" aren't the label they call themselves.

Location hidden

#30757 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Another good post.
How many so-called "Christians" actually "clean" themselves inthis ritualistic manner.
Well we know Gary does, because he is a believer in the truth, but does he really? Or does he just say he believes the word to be true, but doesn't follow this cleansing ritual? I wonder if his wife does? His daughters? His mother?
This is how I know most so-called "Christians" aren't the label they call themselves.
Gary should have a problem with this one. Here is how. If Jesus actually follows the Law of Moses, then this ritual from God must still be observed. If not, then it must be assumed that Jesus does not follow the Law of Moses and all can be rejected except what Jesus preaches, which is limited to the Ten Commandments. Paul's clumsy cherry picked ramblings may also be dismissed. Assuming a new covenant, the Book of Leviticus can be dismissed.

Albuquerque, NM

#30758 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary should have a problem with this one. Here is how. If Jesus actually follows the Law of Moses, then this ritual from God must still be observed. If not, then it must be assumed that Jesus does not follow the Law of Moses and all can be rejected except what Jesus preaches, which is limited to the Ten Commandments. Paul's clumsy cherry picked ramblings may also be dismissed. Assuming a new covenant, the Book of Leviticus can be dismissed.
Good points.

The key is honesty.

How honest is a person to actually admit:
- they don't know if the Bible was "God inspired or not"
- or if it is just musings of men while they tended sheep
- or why do I only use less than six of the original 13 Apostles?
- or why do I use 17 books by "Paul" as my guide to what Jesus wants us to do, and only four second hand sources of others, with Jesus slipped in?
- why wouldn't I use anything and everything Jesus supposedly said in my understanding of Jesus?
+ we do this for every other aspect of life - research and try to understand it. Unfortunately for religion, it is not researched nor attempted to be understood by most of its followers. They prefer [Self] to tag along [Self] some guy/gal and shake their heads [Self] and accept every word from the minister [Self]. Never realizing the Self within, never realizing Jesus said to not to listen to these preachers. Boy, oh, boy if they didn't, those preacher men/women will be looking for the unemployment line.....phew! Thank "God" we have men to tell other men how to believe.....*sighs*......

Location hidden

#30759 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Good points.
The key is honesty.
How honest is a person to actually admit:
- they don't know if the Bible was "God inspired or not"
- or if it is just musings of men while they tended sheep
- or why do I only use less than six of the original 13 Apostles?
- or why do I use 17 books by "Paul" as my guide to what Jesus wants us to do, and only four second hand sources of others, with Jesus slipped in?
- why wouldn't I use anything and everything Jesus supposedly said in my understanding of Jesus?
+ we do this for every other aspect of life - research and try to understand it. Unfortunately for religion, it is not researched nor attempted to be understood by most of its followers. They prefer [Self] to tag along [Self] some guy/gal and shake their heads [Self] and accept every word from the minister [Self]. Never realizing the Self within, never realizing Jesus said to not to listen to these preachers. Boy, oh, boy if they didn't, those preacher men/women will be looking for the unemployment line.....phew! Thank "God" we have men to tell other men how to believe.....*sighs*......
Many claim the Bible to be "the inspired word of God." Such a phrase may have several interpretations. Here is a list.

1. Inspired as in the creative process of man trying to come to terms with the God Head.

2. Inspired in the same way as any other creative work such as a symphony, great work of literature or art.

3. Inspired by the God head working in combination with the Holy Spirit to impart some knowledge of God.

4. Inspired to write what God requires leaving the creative process out and turning the man into "God's stenographer."

Saying the Bible is "God's Word" diminishes the creative process and the human spirit. I agree, we have no way of knowing or access to such knowledge.

I agree with your point about apostles and Paul. There are many political explanations.

Jesus never approved the Bible per se. It is assumed in Christian Dogma that he does.

Albuquerque, NM

#30760 Apr 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many claim the Bible to be "the inspired word of God." Such a phrase may have several interpretations. Here is a list.
1. Inspired as in the creative process of man trying to come to terms with the God Head.
2. Inspired in the same way as any other creative work such as a symphony, great work of literature or art.
3. Inspired by the God head working in combination with the Holy Spirit to impart some knowledge of God.
4. Inspired to write what God requires leaving the creative process out and turning the man into "God's stenographer."
Saying the Bible is "God's Word" diminishes the creative process and the human spirit. I agree, we have no way of knowing or access to such knowledge.
I agree with your point about apostles and Paul. There are many political explanations.
Jesus never approved the Bible per se. It is assumed in Christian Dogma that he does.
Honesty.

Which is actually Self. Which is what Jesus taught, so we can understand what is required of us.

He wanted us to succeed in this life, to prepare us for the after one (if exists).

Through honesty.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#30761 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
I only isolated it to show you that you DID say what I stated and you denied saying. That is why.
Wow. You're defense-mechanism is causing you to misunderstand me, horribly. My point is that in actuality, it's the scriptures that state such things. I repeat...(I repeat) I only repeat that which is already written.
HES wrote:
Of course it would be me that doesn't understand the Bible and not you.
That's not what I said. I said that that's what makes me wonder-- if people actually understand what they're reading from the bible when they misunderstand and misinterpret the simple posts we compose.
HES wrote:
It's always been that way, I See Jesus will attest to that.
Call your witness if you must, so I can explain, again, that you're merely misunderstanding me and misinterpreting my statement.

I'm amazed at how humble people project themselves as-- even while holding fast to the belief that they already know all there is to know from the bible and that they can't be in error. I'm amazed at how humble people project themselves as-- right up until someone comes along and declares something different.
HES wrote:
Everyone else is wrong and you are right.
Not everyone else. Right now, it's just you. And sadly, it seems it might stay that way.
HES wrote:
I'm older than you and I've taught and studied longer than you, which is really not required to be BORN AGAIN. I also believe without the Holy Spirit ACTIVELY filling us we cannot understand God's Word as He intends. And since you believe those sorts of things ended with the Apostles in Acts, I would not be the one void here.
The Word is not, therefore, found in the sense of authorship, as denoting that one is the beginning of anything in the sense that he caused it to have an existence. As to the second of the significations suggested, that it means that he was the first created being, it may be observed:
(a) that this is not a necessary signification of the phrase, since no one can show that this is the only proper meaning which could be given to the words, and therefore the phrase cannot be adduced to prove that he is himself a created being. If it were demonstrated from other sources that Christ was, in fact, a created being, and the first that God had made, it cannot be denied that this language would appropriately express that fact. But it cannot be made out from the mere use of the language here; and as the language is susceptible of other interpretations, it cannot be employed to prove that Christ is a created being.
(b) Such an interpretation would be at variance with all those passages which speak of him as uncreated and eternal; which ascribe divine attributes to him; which speak of him as himself the Creator of all things. Compare John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2, Hebrews 1:6,Hebrews 1:8, Hebrews 1:10-12. The third signification, therefore, remains, that he is "the beginning of the creation of God," in the sense that he is the head or prince of the creation; that is, that he presides over it so far as the purposes of redemption are to be accomplished, and so far as is necessary for those purposes. This is:
(1) in accordance with the meaning of the word, Luke 12:11; Luke 20:20, et al. ut supra; and,
(2) in accordance with the uniform statements respecting the Redeemer, that "all power is given unto him in heaven and in earth" Matthew 28:18; that God has "given him power over all flesh" John 17:2; that all things are "put under his feet" the. John 2:8; 1 Corinthians 15:27); that he is exalted over all things, Ephesians 1:20-22. Having this rank, it was proper that he should speak with authority to the church at Laodicea.~ http://barnes.biblecommenter.com/revelation/3...
I need no commentaries from people that were also indoctrinated. Thank you anyway, though. Remember, too. What I share is not the first to be rejected.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30762 Apr 1, 2013
Hi Waste:

This biblical answer, I will answer also your other posts here.

You see the difference here, I believe what God tells us in the Bible.

1- God tells us that the scriptures are able to make one wise to salvation and all scripture is God breathed, 2 Tim. 3:15-16

2- Jesus said I am the word and the word became flesh. John 1.

3- I worship Jesus who is the word that became flesh.

4- JESUS ALSO TELLS US THAT HE WILL NOT JUDGE YOU BUT THE WORDS HE SPEAKS THE SAME SHALL JUDGE YOU IN THAT DAY

5- No word, no salvation.

6- Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word. Romans 10:17

7- God has to give you faith to believe His word is life, Gal. 5:22-23

8- God tells us the truth only through His word.

9- Those who do not believe His word does not believe in Jesus

10- I cannot make one see truth it must come by the word and the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23, John 3:5

Remember, before you point the finger at one giving you truth in the word remember there are three fingers pointing back at you.

This is the vast differnce it is like night and day. one believes he can attain to his salvation by his will and I believe it is the will of God. These are two different gospels altogether as night and day. You believe in your own mind over the mind of God the very word of God that I worship Jesus who is the word that became flesh and dwelt among us. Yes, I am guilty. Thank you for your input. Gry. 1 John 3:13-15.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Worship of a Book is Idolatry.

Location hidden

#30763 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Honesty.
Which is actually Self. Which is what Jesus taught, so we can understand what is required of us.
He wanted us to succeed in this life, to prepare us for the after one (if exists).
Through honesty.
That sounds about right too me.

Location hidden

#30764 Apr 1, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Waste:
This biblical answer, I will answer also your other posts here.
You see the difference here, I believe what God tells us in the Bible.
1- God tells us that the scriptures are able to make one wise to salvation and all scripture is God breathed, 2 Tim. 3:15-16
2- Jesus said I am the word and the word became flesh. John 1.
3- I worship Jesus who is the word that became flesh.
4- JESUS ALSO TELLS US THAT HE WILL NOT JUDGE YOU BUT THE WORDS HE SPEAKS THE SAME SHALL JUDGE YOU IN THAT DAY
5- No word, no salvation.
6- Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word. Romans 10:17
7- God has to give you faith to believe His word is life, Gal. 5:22-23
8- God tells us the truth only through His word.
9- Those who do not believe His word does not believe in Jesus
10- I cannot make one see truth it must come by the word and the Spirit, 1 Peter 1:23, John 3:5
Remember, before you point the finger at one giving you truth in the word remember there are three fingers pointing back at you.
This is the vast differnce it is like night and day. one believes he can attain to his salvation by his will and I believe it is the will of God. These are two different gospels altogether as night and day. You believe in your own mind over the mind of God the very word of God that I worship Jesus who is the word that became flesh and dwelt among us. Yes, I am guilty. Thank you for your input. Gry. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
The Bible is not God Gary. The Bible doesn't tell us anything.

1. Paul. Paul is the word of Paul. He is an important and one of the first Christian theologians but not infallible.

2. Jesus is the Word made flesh, not the Bible.

3. Ditto.

4. This is a mystical concept. Do you know what it actually means?

5. We are all saved already regardless.

6. Paul's POV. Some people have faith by other means. For example, there are people of great faith who have never heard anything written in the Bible, yet they are people of God. There are those who have read and recited the Bible over and over who are not of God.

7. Paul's words and POV. True enough.

8. So many have trivialzed what is said to be God's word, yet there is no such thing as God's word.

9. Belief is nothing more than an empty ego trip.

10. Suppose one cannot understand or hear the word. Would they be excluded? Sorry, this doesn't really fly. Besides, which word is right? This is an example of religious bigotry.

Who is pointing the finger Gary? Are you projecting something here?

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#30765 Apr 2, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should speak to the Jews and Rabbis about that. They would differ with you greatly. If it had not been as such, it would not have been in the OT. Yes, today that would be nearly impossible. There was a much smaller populous of the Jews required to adhere to those laws at that time. The sacrifices merely shadowed what was to come with the final sacrifice of Christ. Animal sacrifice offered NO eternal salvation.

Hebrews 10:

1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the ones approaching perfect.

10:1-10 The apostle having shown that the tabernacle, and ordinances of the covenant of Sinai, were only emblems and types of the gospel, concludes that the sacrifices the high priests offered continually, could not make the worshippers perfect, with respect to pardon, and the purifying of their consciences. But when God manifested in the flesh, became the sacrifice, and his death upon the accursed tree the ransom, then the Sufferer being of infinite worth, his free-will sufferings were of infinite value. The atoning sacrifice must be one capable of consenting, and must of his own will place himself in the sinner's stead: Christ did so. The fountain of all that Christ has done for his people, is the sovereign will and grace of God. The righteousness brought in, and the sacrifice once offered by Christ, are of eternal power, and his salvation shall never be done away. They are of power to make all the comers thereunto perfect; they derive from the atoning blood, strength and motives for obedience, and inward comfort.~ http://mhc.biblecommenter.com/hebrews/10.htm

>^o^<

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

#30766 Apr 2, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. You're defense-mechanism is causing you to misunderstand me, horribly. My point is that in actuality, it's the scriptures that state such things. I repeat...(I repeat) I only repeat that which is already written.
<quoted text>That's not what I said. I said that that's what makes me wonder-- if people actually understand what they're reading from the bible when they misunderstand and misinterpret the simple posts we compose.
<quoted text>Call your witness if you must, so I can explain, again, that you're merely misunderstanding me and misinterpreting my statement.
I'm amazed at how humble people project themselves as-- even while holding fast to the belief that they already know all there is to know from the bible and that they can't be in error. I'm amazed at how humble people project themselves as-- right up until someone comes along and declares something different.
<quoted text>Not everyone else. Right now, it's just you. And sadly, it seems it might stay that way.
<quoted text>I need no commentaries from people that were also indoctrinated. Thank you anyway, though. Remember, too. What I share is not the first to be rejected.
"my defense mechanism". LOL, you've got that right. After 5 years on Topix it is an active force. Especially after the erroneously labeled "Christian Forum".

We're reading the same thing. The are millions of interpretations of the same thing. The difference between you and me and others is that you believe your interpretation is correct and ours is wrong. I only share my beliefs as mine. Some things though have to be twisted beyond comprehension to get the meaning some come up with from scripture.

Ahh, of course. I misunderstand that the very words you posted and denied that I pointed out is misunderstanding when you wrote it yourself. Try that one in a court of law. Mass fail.

You may not need commentaries from others, but some may. I only state those that share my beliefs. I search through various scripture analysis until I find one that matches mine. It's more concise to use that approach in these posts. However, you happen to be man too so your findings are no more valid than any other may be.

I fear when you speak of humility, or lack of it, you are just deflecting self. I find nothing humble in your book~learning superiority of the Bible without being Born Again and filled with the Holy Spirit which is still quite active today in some.

Humility Strong's G5012 - tapeinophrosyne

1) the having a humble opinion of one's self

2) a deep sense of one's (moral) littleness

3) modesty, humility, lowliness of mind

Col. 2:

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Amen and Amen!!

>^o^<
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30767 Apr 2, 2013
Hi Waste:

I am sorry but you spoke volumes when you said, "The Bible does not tell us anything"

Waste, it would be a [Waste] of time to share with you without the word we all would be lost. However, I undestand you do not see any value in the word of God so ths is all just a [Waste] to you I understand, I cannot help you. Time will tell you if it was truly a [Waste] to you on judgment day. Jesus said, His word shall judge us on that last day. Believe it or not time will tell. Gary.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is not God Gary. The Bible doesn't tell us anything.
1. Paul. Paul is the word of Paul. He is an important and one of the first Christian theologians but not infallible.
2. Jesus is the Word made flesh, not the Bible.
3. Ditto.
4. This is a mystical concept. Do you know what it actually means?
5. We are all saved already regardless.
6. Paul's POV. Some people have faith by other means. For example, there are people of great faith who have never heard anything written in the Bible, yet they are people of God. There are those who have read and recited the Bible over and over who are not of God.
7. Paul's words and POV. True enough.
8. So many have trivialzed what is said to be God's word, yet there is no such thing as God's word.
9. Belief is nothing more than an empty ego trip.
10. Suppose one cannot understand or hear the word. Would they be excluded? Sorry, this doesn't really fly. Besides, which word is right? This is an example of religious bigotry.
Who is pointing the finger Gary? Are you projecting something here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Trump your President 2,479
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 678,926
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min ROCCO 118,964
Canned pet food contains parasites 29 min Purina Is Evil 1
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr _KENTUCKY 545
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _KENTUCKY 982,135
______ *ANTICHRIST in plain view / (*News) ______ 1 hr _KENTUCKY 2
More from around the web