What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30638 Mar 29, 2013
Hi Chess:

No, I am a christian this means [Christ-in me] Gal. 5:22-23, I believe the word of God and the gospel of salvation according to God not according to mere sinful man. Let God be true and every man a liar. Fact, we all only know in part and we declare in part, 1 Cor. 13. However, if we have a false foundation we are like one that builds his house on sand. This site is about the gospel it is not about any man, this site is concerned in the difference what your church teaches verses the word of God, this is the name of this site,[What your churches won't tell you"

Chess, if you have a question that pertains to the gospel please feel free to ask..

Question, do you know how God saves one? What does one do to become saved? Thank you for sharing. Happy resurrection day. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the Harold Camping nut?
What happened with that nonsense?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#30639 Mar 29, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Lee:
Iam sorry but without any biblical reference this is just your point of view Lee. I am sorry but you have not understood the foundation I have helped out laying this out for you or anyone that may search this matter out to see if their calling and election is sure, 2 Peter 1:10, 2 Cor. 13:5,
I am sorry Lee truly I am but you do not understand what [born again] means and if your off on this foundation your just building your house on sand. Now I say this out of true love and concern for all here other wise I would never have spent this much time explaining these issues with many.
Now Lee, if you have a question or two at the most I will be glad to help if I can, We have to set our pride aside Lee and only the Lord can do this I have explained what being born again means and you have no answers from the word of God to show me where I am wrong and you will not find any Lee I have done my home work on these basic foundations concerning God election program this is why Lee many want to add self into the mix
You are truly beside yourself, Gary.

If I can remember correctly, I've addressed every verse you quoted in your post at one time or another. And normally, I dedicate one post per verse. Take John 6:29, for instance. How many times have I shown you that you're misinterpreting the verse? How many times have I shown you the actual interpretation based on, not only the context of the surrounding content, but other English translations, as well? And you've never addressed my assertions. How many times do I have to post all the verses that prove we've been given free-will? How many times do I have to post all the verses that use the possessive pronouns "ye," "your," and "I"? How many times do I have to post the verses where Paul instructs the congregation(s) to follow him? Apparently, it won't matter how many times I post them. You'll do the same that you always do. Reject them, ignore them, and never address them. Case in point and again...

John 6:29

New Living Translation
Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."

NET Bible
Jesus replied, "This is the deed God requires--to believe in the one whom he sent."

Weymouth New Testament
"This," replied Jesus, "is above all the thing that God requires--that you should be believers in Him whom He has sent."

Here's a question for you.

2Peter 1:10 says, "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall."

1) What's the reason for Peter to instruct anyone to "give diligence" if we have no free-will?

2) If we have no free-will, then how can we make our calling and election sure?

2) How can we do any "things" to "never fall" without free-will?

You, apparently, don't realize the contradictions you create, Gary.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30640 Mar 29, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Chess:
No, I am a christian this means [Christ-in me] Gal. 5:22-23, I believe the word of God and the gospel of salvation according to God not according to mere sinful man. Let God be true and every man a liar. Fact, we all only know in part and we declare in part, 1 Cor. 13. However, if we have a false foundation we are like one that builds his house on sand. This site is about the gospel it is not about any man, this site is concerned in the difference what your church teaches verses the word of God, this is the name of this site,[What your churches won't tell you"
Chess, if you have a question that pertains to the gospel please feel free to ask..
Question, do you know how God saves one? What does one do to become saved? Thank you for sharing. Happy resurrection day. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
The answer is "Yes," Gary. Well.. maybe not regarding the "nut" comment, but...

Obviously, Chess Jurist was asking if you're the same "Gary" that assisted Harold Camping in spreading his false-prediction. And you are that same "Gary". So, in that, the answer is "Yes."

All you had to do was say "Yes," then explain that you repented from that folly.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30641 Mar 29, 2013
G'head, Gary. Keep rejecting these...

Isaiah 55:6-7
Seek YE Yahoweh while he may be found, call YE upon him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake HIS way, and the unrighteous man HIS thoughts: and let HIM return unto Yahoweh, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Deuteronomy 4:29-31
But if from thence THOU shalt seek Yahoweh thy God, THOU shalt find him, if THOU seek him with all THY heart and with all THY soul. When THOU art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if THOU turn to Yahoweh thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For Yahoweh thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant.

Isaiah 45:22
Look [YE] unto me, and be YE saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say [YE] unto them, As I live, saith the Lord Yahoweh, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from HIS way and live: turn YE, turn YE from YOUR evil ways; for why will ye die..?

Ezekiel 18:21-23
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that HE hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that HE hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT HE HATH DONE he shall live. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord Yahoweh: and not that HE should return from HIS ways, and live?

Ezekiel 18:27-28
..when the wicked man turneth away from HIS wickedness that HE hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, HE shall save his soul alive. Because HE considereth, and turneth away from all HIS transgressions that HE hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Ezekiel 18:30-31
Repent [YE]... make YOU a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die?

Deuteronomy 4:5-8
Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as Yahoweh my God commanded me, that YE should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.[YE] Keep therefore and [YE] do them; for this is YOUR wisdom and YOUR understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as Yahoweh our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Matthew 5:16
Let YOUR light so shine before men, that they may see YOUR good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that YE bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

1Peter 2:12
Having YOUR conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by YOUR good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

1Corinthians 4:15-16
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of ME.

1Corinthians 11:1
Be ye followers of ME, even as I also am of Christ.

Philippians 3:17
Brethren, be followers together of ME, and mark them which walk so as ye have US for an ensample.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#30642 Mar 30, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Chess:
<quoted text>
My question is weren't you claiming Harold Camping was right about the gospel ... until he obviously was wrong?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30643 Mar 30, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I was right about you, Gary.
The only change you've made is that you no longer preach a date for our anointed Savior's return.
Apparently, the only error you believe you were in is assisting Harold Camping, to spread his prediction. Everything else, you believe, was accurate.
You're wrong.
The fact is, you can quote every verse of the bible all you want. That doesn't prove you understand it, or interpret it correctly, though.
You don't.
I would say the Bible is what it is, a point of departure into the realm of mysticism. I believe most people miss that. The concept of loving the world too much along with giving up the body and all the things in the world are indicators of a mystical reality.

- Just saying

Location hidden

#30644 Mar 30, 2013
Harold Camping? Egotistical hubris.

Location hidden

#30645 Mar 30, 2013
People flock to cults thinking they are on the inside track or privy to special information. They never are.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30646 Mar 30, 2013
Hi Lee:

Thank you for making this just two questions. Very good question by the way. Your questions:

"What is the reason for Peter to instrust anyone to "give diligence if we have no free will?

In 2 Peter 1:10 we read,

"Wherefore the rather, BRETHREN, give diligence tomake your calling and ELECTION SURE: for if you do these things, ye shall never fall:"

First, it is already addressed to the [brethren] these are the only ones that will truly examine themselves in the mirror of God's word the unsaved cannot do this because the word tells us before God saves one or makes one [born again] they are spiritually dead in their sins, Eph. 2:1

Second, It is not just a man called Peter saying this it is God saying this speaking through Peter by His Spirit. The only [free will] man has is to chose another false god there is no wording as [free will] in the Bible. When it comes to salvation it is all of God's will, He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy, Romans 9:11-24, Our will does not play in this matter at all as we read God declaring,

"Which were born, not of blood, nor the will of the flesh, nor of the WILL OF MAN, BUT OF GOD." John 1:13

This could not be any plainer yet the unsaved cannot look at verses like this and bow down to and say, It is all the will of God it is not my will at all. Only those that are truly elect of God will examine themselves to make sure their election is sure for the religious unsaved this is an insult to tell someone this yet God is saying to the believers and only the believers has a broken and a contrite heart that will truly examine their self to make sure they are one of the elect,. The unsaved even hate the word [elect] because it removes [self] out of the equation. Lee, since I am out of room I will answer your next question in the next post. Again, thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You are truly beside yourself, Gary.
If I can remember correctly, I've addressed every verse you quoted in your post at one time or another. And normally, I dedicate one post per verse. Take John 6:29, for instance. How many times have I shown you that you're misinterpreting the verse? How many times have I shown you the actual interpretation based on, not only the context of the surrounding content, but other English translations, as well? And you've never addressed my assertions. How many times do I have to post all the verses that prove we've been given free-will? How many times do I have to post all the verses that use the possessive pronouns "ye," "your," and "I"? How many times do I have to post the verses where Paul instructs the congregation(s) to follow him? Apparently, it won't matter how many times I post them. You'll do the same that you always do. Reject them, ignore them, and never address them. Case in point and again...
New Living Translation
Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."
NET Bible
Jesus replied, "This is the deed God requires--to believe in the one whom he sent."
Weymouth New Testament
"This," replied Jesus, "is above all the thing that God requires--that you should be believers in Him whom He has sent."
2Peter 1:10 says, "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall."
1) What's the reason for Peter to instruct anyone to "give diligence" if we have no free-will?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30647 Mar 30, 2013
Hi Lee:

Your next question:

"If we have no free will then how can we make our calling and election sure?

As I said in my past post there is no such wording as [free will] in the whole Bible. When it comes to salvation the Bible tells us that not one will seek after God no not one!

"There is NONE that understandeth, there is NONE that seeketh after God They are ALL gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is NONE that doeth good, no not ONE." Romans 3:11-12

This is God's assisment of mankind. Now the fact is, and there is no doubt about this the ones that hate this truth from God are those that are not yet saved this is just a fact just by the way they will respond they just do not see the most basic of truth's in God's word because they are not as a child that will believe the truth they want to reason their own man made formula that has [self] in the mix this is the height of sinful man.

Now for a true believer these are the most basic of questions and they are not hard for a true believer to understand because it is just foundation teaching, yet the most wisest person who is not saved just cannot see this truth. They think these basic questions cannot be answered yet they are basic and the unsaved just cannot see these truth's they will lash out and turn on the one sharing from the word they have no clue it is not the person that they are up-set with but with God because the person is sharig what God is declaring. For example, when one says they love the Lord with all their heart and it is to God alone belongs ALL the glory in his salvation. The unsaved do not see this wonderful truth and so they will lash out, yet the person is sharing God's true love why would He call anyone of us sinners to salvation? They will say this is not fair of God, God tells us in, Romans 9:11-24 who are you that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed you why hast thou made me thus? God is in complete control of salvation not man's so called [free will] Thank you for those good questions any more? Gary
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You are truly beside yourself, Gary.
New Living Translation
NET Bible
Weymouth New Testament

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30648 Mar 30, 2013
@Gary

Here's my questions again, Gary, because you didn't answer even one of them!

FACT: It doesn't matter that the term "free-will" isn't found in the bible. The concept, obviously, exists at every portion of scripture we find a person, or people, given a choice. The term "anthropomorphism" isn't in the bible, either, but we know we can find the concept throughout the bible, from one cover to the next. Wisdom is said to have a voice, hands, and children.

Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve Yahoweh, CHOOSE YOU this day whom ye will serve... but as for me and my house, we will serve Yahoweh.

Joshua, here, shared what Israel could choose from. And in the end, Joshua shared with Israel the choice that he and his house made. They were FREE to make this choice according to their own WILL.

Now, here's those questions again...

1) What's the reason for Peter to instruct anyone to "give diligence" if we have no free-will? Book, chapter, and verse, please.

2) If we have no free-will, then how can we make our calling and election sure? Book, chapter, and verse, please.

3) How can we do any "things" to "never fall" without free-will? Book, chapter, and verse, please.

You, apparently, don't realize the contradictions you create, Gary. And not one thing you posted answers my questions.

And why didn't you make even one comment regarding my post that shows many illustrations of people making choices, freely, according to their own will?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30649 Mar 30, 2013
@Gary

Oh, yeah. You said nothing concerning John 6:29, too. Here it is, again.

Take John 6:29, for instance. How many times have I shown you that you're misinterpreting the verse? How many times have I shown you the actual interpretation based on, not only the context of the surrounding content, but other English translations, as well? And you've never addressed my assertions. Apparently, it won't matter how many times I post them. You'll do the same that you always do. Reject them, ignore them, and never address them. Case in point and again...

New Living Translation

NET Bible

Weymouth New Testament

And regardless, it's only a matter of time before you'll quote this verse again and with the incorrect interpretation of it.

Like I said...

Not much has changed with you, Gary. You're still as stubborn as you were then, when you were spreading Harold Camping's false-prophecy for him. And that's the only difference. You no longer spread his false-prophecy, but you continue to share all else.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30650 Mar 30, 2013
Dear all:

Concerning the doctrine of [free will] of man when it comes to his so called descision when he will accept Jesus on his terms and his own free will.

I used to believe the [free will] doctrine in past years now many years ago. I read verses like Eph. 1:4-6, Romans 9:11-24, John 1:13, and many others.

These scriptures are just so plain yet I could not see when I read verses as, it is NOT the wiill of man but of God. John 1:13, I was saying to God not dirictly but indirictly I was saying, God, look, it is all my [free will] it is not your will it is mine your wrong I am right period!

You see, when I seen verses after verses when Jesus tells us that you have NOT chosen me but I have chosen you. I was saying no! I have chosen you Lord by my own [free will] now I did not care what God said I wanted it my way, I was in control of my salvation by my own free will. Now when I was saying this it was the height of my pride I was blind, dead,and drunk as the word declares I thought I knew so much when the fact was I was not even a child of God this was the facts, why do I say this? I built a gospel that centered on my own will when I wanted to accept Jesus when the fact is, God said He must accept us, Eph. 1:4-6, now I did not care what God said I wanted my own salvation and if someone said different I would lash out in my pride this is why the unsaved religious people of Jesus day the scribes and the pharisses and also people today hate the true gospel of the Bible this is just a fact.

Now for some unknown reason I do not know God still had mercy on me after all this pride teaching now this is truly the mercy and grace of God to God be all the glory great things He has done. I was saying in efect all glory to me great things I have done by my own free will. Can't you see just how much I was dripping with pride? I was a stinken rotton dead spiritual walking corpse still dead in my sins and in my pride. How could God save such a prideful man as this? He did, I don't know why I know I sure did not deserve it.

Now when I come to truth and answer people's questions by the word of God I sure cannot take any credit for this at all it is only by the word and the Spirit of God in me that can share truth it does not come from me it come from the spirit of God when I share faithfully the gospel of salvation the foundation I know and fully understand by His mercy, this is why I enjoy answering others questions concerning salvation because I had the same ones at one time and they have to be understood. Now I was in total rebelion towards God when I thought it was my will when I wanted to accept the Lord by my own free will I had the same spirit as Satan when he said, I will be like the most High God, Satan said [I WILL] five times in Isa. 14, the same spirit as I had I WILL ACCEPT JESUS BY MY OWN FREE WILL I, I, ME, ME, WE, WE, You see Jesus tells us it is NOt of him that can will to be saved that is, by your so called own free will the word says nothing about a man's [free will] when it comes to being saved all this was cooked up by the pride of man and I took the bait because it exalted me it did not exalt the Lord all the glory was not going to the Lord but to self.

This is why my heart goes out to those thinking it was their own [free will] that had to do with getting saved sad to say I was dupped by this false [free will] do it your self have it your way Mc Donals's type of man's salvation not God's salvation program. Satan has taken many captive by this false gospel and only God can give one repentance to see truth, if not God says they will be taken captive by Satan AT HIS WILL. 2 Tim. 2:25-26, You see, if your not saved you are already his this is what we need to be saved from our sins, hell, and Satan. Many may think they are saved by their free will but they are taken captive as I was. Thank you. Gary

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30651 Mar 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
I would say the Bible is what it is, a point of departure into the realm of mysticism. I believe most people miss that. The concept of loving the world too much along with giving up the body and all the things in the world are indicators of a mystical reality.
- Just saying
In my opinion, the bible is, if not THE, then among the most controversial books, ever. Besides that, though...

My contention with Gary is that when he was sharing Harold Camping's false-prophecy, he was just as adamant and unwavering, quoting verse after verse and declaring how that only so-called "true believers" that are "truly saved" will be blessed with the insight and understanding of Harold Camping's false-prophecy. And no matter how many times we tried to share the actual interpretations of the verses they quoted, we were rejected and ignored, and we were pitied. Then, May 21st and October 21st came and went uneventful. I only thought that Gary would be easier to approach now, but sad to say, I was horribly wrong. Apparently, Harold Camping was wrong about his false-prophecy, but not about anything else.(NOTE: Remember.. Harold Camping's false-prophecy was based on his interpretation of scripture!)
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30652 Mar 30, 2013
Dear all:

Many will lash out because of my last posts and try to divert the true gospel by going on a bunny trail to divert the real problem. This is why some will no longer give me questions because they know I can answer the question concerning salvation. Now they may have thought they could trap me with a question but they are beginning to see the trap is on them because I can answer it by the word of God faithfully as I said, they will lash out I pray for these dear souls that God may have mercy on them and break their own so called [free will] into God's will be done not my will be done. So we need God's will be done. However, those that are not saved will want their will this is why they love the [free will satanic doctrine] of the five [I will's] Satan said in, in Isa. 14.

Man in their own will will never will seek the true God of the Bible this is why there are so many different denominations. However, most of them have the same false foundation that is, a works gospel that is based on the [free will] of man when the fact is, God tells us that there is not one that will SEEK AFTER ME no not one! Romans 3:10-12

As I said, many will lash out and try to divert the main topic because the fact is, they cannot answer the points I bring up by the word of God alone. This truly inflames unsaved man to the point you will see them acting out NOT in the fruit of the Spirit with love, joy, peace, meekness, kindness, gentleness, longsuferring, and so on. No, they will start to slander, mock, scoff, and make it personal because you hit their false man made foundation and in pride it is truly impossible for them to see this truth unless God saves them and all of a sudden you will see a humble, broken and contrie spirit that is now bowing to God's will instead of their will and they will begin to show kindness and longsuffering with you not trying to divert the topic but will stay on the topic and keep asking more questions but they cannot because you blew all kinds of holes in their false man made do it your self free will gospel, so instead of showing me where my points were wrong they will start to go into a different diriction to get ones mind off the real problem and that would be they have a falty foundaton and out of love and out of true concern I warn them to flee from this false man made do it your self gospel. I truly hope and pray that these dear ones will experence the first resurrection so the second death will not hurt them that is, the judgment of God. The truth many times will have a real sting to it but if one takes heed to it only by the mercy and grace of God they will see it and be greatful for the truth you have shared. Jesus tells us we will know they are brothers by the love they have towards one another. However, if you show malice and contemt and hate God tells us your a dirty rotton murderer and we know no murderer has eteranl life in him this is why I always sign off with 1 John 3:13-15. Again, I hope all here will know what it means to have a happy resurrection day, to God be ALL the glory great things HE HAS DONE. Is there an Amen out there? Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.

Columbus, OH

#30653 Mar 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Harold Camping? Egotistical hubris.
True.

But it was instructive.

It was instructive on two levels.

The first was that those claiming they had the truth and could not be dissuaded despite claims contra in the very scriptures they cited were quickly proved deluded by the expiration date they put on their own "truth".

And like so many Christians, their version of the religion was the only right one -- until it proved itself wrong. But as with most of the Millerites of the 19th century, when their prediction failed, they simply went on to another "truth" from whence they also could not be dissuaded.

The second level came from the fact that, despite not needing their material assets after the date certain for Jesus' return, few if any of them actually gave up all those assets. Yet they happily sought to convince others of a truth they did not fully believe in themselves, at least not enough to give away what their "truth" provided they shortly would not need.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30654 Mar 30, 2013
Hi Lee:

I be more than glad to answer what John 6:29, Here I will share the literal Greek rendering what it says in the English.

"Jesus answered and said to them, This IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YOU BELIEVE ON INTO [HIM] whom that One sent." John 6:29

1- Fact, it is all the work of God that one believes in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2- It does not state it is the work of man that you believe in Him.

3- Many want a do it your self [free will] gospel sad some will try to prevert the word to mean something altogether different sad to say.

4- In love a true believer will exalt Jesus not self or his so called [free will] the Bible speaks nothing about the wording [free will] it was all cooked up by the pride of man can you show me please where in the Bible that says man has a [free will] when it comes to accepting the Lord? You will not find it there anywhere.

5- When Jesus says it is THE WORK OF GOD THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM.

Question, is it your work or is it God's work that you believe in Him? If it is your work then you are taken captive by Satan at his will I say this out of true love here for you wanting nothing but the highest good for you Lee. Do we believe Jesus when He told us it is the work of God that you believe in Him. Is Jesus wrong when He said this or are you wrong? WILL YOU BOW DOWN TO THE LORD OR TO [SELF?] Please think about this.

6- Mankind in his sins will never chose God on God's terms O yes, he will chose in a god on his terms but it is not the God of the Bible.

7- When God tells us so plain will we bow to His word when He says concerning just who's will salvation is God's or man?

"Which were born were born, not of blood, nor the WILL OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN, BUT OF God." John 1:13

Just one question here Lee, was this God's will or man's will that saves? Thank you for that question concerning John 6:29. Do you have another question for me Lee, after you answer mine I be more than glad to share if you have more questions just love those great questions keep them coming but please if you will answer those few questions I have raised also since I have been answering all your questions thus far. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Brother Lee Love wrote:
@Gary
Oh, yeah. You said nothing concerning John 6:29, too. Here it is, again.
Take John 6:29, for instance. How many times have I shown you that you're misinterpreting the verse? How many times have I shown you the actual interpretation based on, not only the context of the surrounding content, but other English translations, as well? And you've never addressed my assertions. Apparently, it won't matter how many times I post them. You'll do the same that you always do. Reject them, ignore them, and never address them. Case in point and again...
New Living Translation
NET Bible
Weymouth New Testament
And regardless, it's only a matter of time before you'll quote this verse again and with the incorrect interpretation of it.
Like I said...
Not much has changed with you, Gary. You're still as stubborn as you were then, when you were spreading Harold Camping's false-prophecy for him. And that's the only difference. You no longer spread his false-prophecy, but you continue to share all else.

Columbus, OH

#30655 Mar 30, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Lee:
I be more than glad to answer what John 6:29, Here I will share the literal Greek rendering what it says in the English.
"Jesus answered and said to them, This IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YOU BELIEVE ON INTO [HIM] whom that One sent." John 6:29
3- Many want a do it your self [free will] gospel sad some will try to prevert the word to mean something altogether different sad to say.
4- In love a true believer will exalt Jesus not self or his so called [free will] the Bible speaks nothing about the wording [free will] it was all cooked up by the pride of man can you show me please where in the Bible that says man has a [free will] when it comes to accepting the Lord? You will not find it there anywhere.
Question, is it your work or is it God's work that you believe in Him? If it is your work then you are taken captive by Satan at his will I say this out of true love here for you wanting nothing but the highest good for you Lee. Do we believe Jesus when He told us it is the work of God that you believe in Him. Is Jesus wrong when He said this or are you wrong? WILL YOU BOW DOWN TO THE LORD OR TO [SELF?] Please think about this.
6- Mankind in his sins will never chose God on God's terms O yes, he will chose in a god on his terms but it is not the God of the Bible.
7- When God tells us so plain will we bow to His word when He says concerning just who's will salvation is God's or man?
"Which were born were born, not of blood, nor the WILL OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN, BUT OF God." John 1:13
Just one question here Lee, was this God's will or man's will that saves? Thank you for that question concerning John 6:29. Do you have another question for me Lee, after you answer mine I be more than glad to share if you have more questions just love those great questions keep them coming but please if you will answer those few questions I have raised also since I have been answering all your questions thus far. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
Hey,'member that time you claimed you hadn't been a baptist pastor until someone pulled up a link from you where you claimed you had been.

That was a hoot, huh?

Well, maybe just for those reading along.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30656 Mar 30, 2013
Hi Lee:

Thank you for sharing [part] of the verse in Joshua 24:15 for your proof text is showing one can choose God on His free will. However Lee, what many people will do to try to change the real meaning of a verse they will either qoute it out of text or just quote part of the verse. Now let us here the end of the conclusion of this verse concerning this matter of so called choosing if unsaved man can chose God or just another false god? Let us now read the conclusion of the matter, the whole verse not just part.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERV; WHETHER THE gods WHICH YOUR FATHERS SERVED THAT WERE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FLOOD, OR THE gods OF THE AMORITES, IN WHOSE LAND YE DWELL: BUT AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD." Joshua 2415

Lee, why did you leave out those words in this verse? The real reason sad to say is, you were just taking part of a verse out and made it fit into your [own free will] when the fact is, and this verse peoves you do not have a [free will] to choose the true and living God only the believer as Joshua and his family was able because they were already saved. However, those not saved they did have a choice Lee and that was to choose one false god over another false god. Lee, there is your [free will] This verse proves the very opposite in what you wanted it to mean and this is a biblical fact as I have already shown here by reading the rest of that verse you have tried to prove as your proof text when the fact is, you distorted this verse. Now if you are a child of God you will see this fact Lee and say, Gary, your right, thank the Lord for you sharing this truth with me.

Lee, I am sorry but I have my doubts that you would humble your self like this I truly hope Lee that you prove me wrong and say, Gary you shared the complete verse and I left out what the verse was really tellig us just to prove my [free will] gospel when the fact is, unsaved man has a [free will] to choose one false god over another but he does not have the [free will] to choose the true and living God. Thank you for sharing that verse Lee, I hope I have shed some light on this for you if it be God's mercy that is. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
@Gary
Here's my questions again, Gary, because you didn't answer even one of them!
FACT: It doesn't matter that the term "free-will" isn't found in the bible. The concept, obviously, exists at every portion of scripture we find a person, or people, given a choice. The term "anthropomorphism" isn't in the bible, either, but we know we can find the concept throughout the bible, from one cover to the next. Wisdom is said to have a voice, hands, and children.
Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve Yahoweh, CHOOSE YOU this day whom ye will serve... but as for me and my house, we will serve Yahoweh.
Joshua, here, shared what Israel could choose from. And in the end, Joshua shared with Israel the choice that he and his house made. They were FREE to make this choice according to their own WILL.
Now, here's those questions again...
1) What's the reason for Peter to instruct anyone to "give diligence" if we have no free-will? Book, chapter, and verse, please.
2) If we have no free-will, then how can we make our calling and election sure? Book, chapter, and verse, please.
3) How can we do any "things" to "never fall" without free-will? Book, chapter, and verse, please.
You, apparently, don't realize the contradictions you create, Gary. And not one thing you posted answers my questions.
And why didn't you make even one comment regarding my post that shows many illustrations of people making choices, freely, according to their own will?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30657 Mar 30, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Lee:
Yep. You're just as stubborn now as you were then. And you're just as right now as you were when you were so sure that May 21st and October 21st was prophetic dates. It's a shame, it is, that you refuse to listen to reason. That's okay, though. There's no reason to debate this further with you. Anyone in their right mind that's read the bible before knows just how far from the truth you are. Had we no free-will, there's be no day of Judgment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min RiversideRedneck 104,523
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min RiversideRedneck 981,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,571
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web