Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hi Lee:

Now you know the very fact is, I have asked you over and over most basic of questions such as this, are we born dead in sins? Eph 2:1. Rom. 3:10-12

I asked you do yoou believe the work of being [born again] is ALL the work of God or the work of man? You said it is ALL the work of God. However, your actions say it is all the work of man thus you void out the spirit of grace. We cannt have it both ways Lee either salvation is all of grace or all the work of man we cannot mix grace with works and this is just what your trying to do Lee.

Now I have tried to assisit you the best I can I have shown you your error when being [born again] is ALL the work of God in becoming saved this is what happens when one is born again Lee. As you rightly said, it is ALL the work of God in your past posts.

So Lee, if anyone is showing confusion here it is with your own comments I am sorry to say, how can I go any further when you do not deal with these most basic questions? I am trying to help you see the error in your conclusion you see it then you draw back on your conclusion because it gives God all the glory in the work of being [BORN AGAIN] Lee, if your not sure about this and your being tossed to and fro like a wave then please ask and I will be glad to help.

I will go back to the basic question again with you. Lee, do you believe being [born again] is ALL the work of God or the work of man?

Lee, you told me it was ALL the work of God do you still hold to this? You see this is what makes all this so confusing here. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And as many times I correct you when you make such statements, it amazes me that you'll never address my assertions to show how I'm in error, but you'll continue to repeat the same things I continue to correct. Unbelievable.
Yes, I say "Paul" and "Peter," because regardless of the inspiration, these were still the authors. How do you reconcile 1Corinthians 7:12. This verse begins with Paul writing, "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord..." And how do you reconcile what's written at 2Corinthians 11:17? This says, "That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting." So you understand better what Paul was saying in this verse, the "Aramaic Bible in Plain English" words it as such: "Everything that I speak, it is not by our Lord that I speak, but as in folly on this occasion of boasting."
How do reconcile these verses, Gary? But, regardless of whether it was Paul, Peter, or Father, people were still instructed to be diligent, to make their calling and election sure, if they wanted to. And once again, Gary...
2Peter 1:21
For the PROPHECY came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
Prophecy, Gary. Not law. Not psalm. Not proverb. Not scripture. Not verse. Not gospel. Not epistle. Not letter. Prophecy, Gary. Prophecy. Now, I wonder how long it will be before you quote this verse again and erroneously exchange the term "prophecy" for "scripture"?
<quoted text>So far, I asked how you reconcile 1Corinthians 7:12 and 2Corinthians 11:17. Now, I'm asking how you reconcile Matthew 19:18? This says, "[Yahowshua] saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." Now, are you telling me that our anointed Savior didn't know better than to give credit to Moses and not his own Father?!
<quoted text>So, was it Father, or Paul, that wrote to Timothy; "Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine"? You're not picking and choosing what you'll adhere to and what not, are you?
<quoted text>I call the bible the "word of 'God'," too, Gary.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hi Lee:

This was my main point, that is, God has to elect, chose, call, we do not elect our self do we? Yes, the gospel call goes out to all people to repent and believe the gospel Jesus said. However, we can see the only ones that will are those whom God has mercy on and elects this one and that one it means to chose to call to ordain and all this is the work of God. Lee, the Bible tells us that many are called but few are chosen many hear the gospel call but only those that are elected will come to Him on His terms. This is foundation Lee, elect never means I do this does it? No it most be done by someone else and in this case it all has to be done by God, you have not chosen Him Lee, He has to chose you. You have not accepted Him Lee, He has to accept us, Eph. 1:4-6 this is what God tells us that He has to accept us in the beloeved it is not the other way around the reason why is, we are all born dead spirituall Lee, Eph. 2:1, Romans 3:10-12. Gary
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Shalowm, Gary.
And my point was that the vocation was already established and made available even before and whether or not anyone applied for the position. A person, however, has to make themselves available in order to be elected and to fulfill the vocation. And the vocation would remain vacant unless one, first, applied for the position, or the ruling class persuaded someone.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Hhappy:
Yes, very good! Sad to see the corporate church that names the name of the Lord Jesus Christ fall away into a differnt gospel. However, as you know the word warns us that this will take place, God warns us in, 1 Peter 4:17, that judgment first must begin in the house of God and if it begin there how much sorer shall it be for those who do not obey the gospel of Christ?
We see the great falling away as in, 2 Tim. 4:16 in the churches coming up with a works gospel that is built on what self can do. This is like a man that builds his house on sand it will never stand the test of the judgment of God. Again,thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>
{{{HUGS}}} Gary!! We'll always agree on much. Love to see you posting. Hope I find the time soon to quit responding to posts hit and miss. I apologize to all for that. I take the shortest ones that really hit the spot at the moment. God Bless!! CB

>^o^<

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask me but I'll answer since it differs from most here. Although I have followed Christ all my life, about 12 years ago I was nearly dead and in endless pain and had no wish to continue in the hopeless situation and suffering. It happened in the blink of an eye without me praying or feeling spiritual any connections at all during that difficult time. I was alone. The following month was unbelievable. I could not put the Bible down to even sleep for quite some time. I was starving for His manna. I was even put on major TV during my health crisis. Churches were asking me to give my "testimony" although I hadn't said a word to anyone, it was so notable I was nearly aglow and brought back from the dead. Even though I was not healed from my disease and health issues I went into remission and resumed my life.
Yes, I compare it to the enlightenment of Saul also. Being a "Christian" is simply not enough. That is of man. We must be filled with His Spirit, and that certainly was the most notable experience of my life, and not by request. He comes to us first.
>^o^<
Thank you for sharing that moving personal story. I had just about the same experience in many ways. Later I was talking with an empathetic priest who remarked about my light. He also warned that my light was too bright for many who would try to extinguish it. Coming to these threads and suffering abuse along with other marginalization eventually made my flame die down. It has been hard to regain. Sometimes I relate to the moment Jesus was on the cross and felt forsaken.

Blessings my friend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nice poster with real heart natural,
I can call you cyber friend,
I don't know anyone who could be my friend,
I assume good spiritual thoughts about Gary, and Cindy,
they are poeople whose posts are sounds like true faithful to Christ posts, and not seeking own glamour,or own glories,
I also notice your negative remarks but outside negativity is not inside attitude of new heart,
new heart is feeded by Holy Spirit and never overestimate yourselves to the public,
my short story is awsome,but there is more living experience with people whom I meet from door to door,
harsh words humans needs to focus on their own behaviour,and strat to be without of any bias more friendly,or completly ignore
PEOPLE MOSTLY DOESN'T LIKE SHARP AND HARSH REBUKES,BUT THEY REACT TO THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR HEARTS, this way AGAPE ENEMY is fulfilled in the form of friendship or ignoring but never causing phisical damage or death of enemy
May God always bless you WW
please keep first love to God and His silent lowly word allowing you to WAKE YOU UP TO THE GODS INFINTE REALITY
Thanks, that's very sweet. Please don't make any assumptions. Basically, I respect everyone's opinions except those that try force me into compliance with their belief system. Then I get testy and challenge them. I agree that people don't like harsh rebukes, do you?

Blessings and good tidings my friend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Lee:
This was my main point, that is, God has to elect, chose, call, we do not elect our self do we? Yes, the gospel call goes out to all people to repent and believe the gospel Jesus said. However, we can see the only ones that will are those whom God has mercy on and elects this one and that one it means to chose to call to ordain and all this is the work of God. Lee, the Bible tells us that many are called but few are chosen many hear the gospel call but only those that are elected will come to Him on His terms. This is foundation Lee, elect never means I do this does it? No it most be done by someone else and in this case it all has to be done by God, you have not chosen Him Lee, He has to chose you. You have not accepted Him Lee, He has to accept us, Eph. 1:4-6 this is what God tells us that He has to accept us in the beloeved it is not the other way around the reason why is, we are all born dead spirituall Lee, Eph. 2:1, Romans 3:10-12. Gary
<quoted text>
Hey Gary. I believe many hear the Gospels each in their own way right?

Peace be with you bro.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hi Lee:

Your question concerning Matthew 22, your question:

"If the bridegroom is our annoined Savior and the church is His bride, then who are the servants and guests?

The servants in the corporate churches were not worthy because they had their own [self righteousness] Jesus told them:

"Then saith He to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy "Matthew 24:8

The Lord then goes on and commands the servants to go out in the high ways and byways,

"So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with quests." verse 10.

Jesus told us He did not come for the righteous but for sinners. Many have the notion when speaking about the [church] they many times thinK of a building or some denomnation of some kind the true church is not housed in some building but the believers are the temple this is where the Holy Spirit dwells. When some came to the wedding some did not have a wedding garment on this garment that one has to be clothed with is the garments of the righteousness of Christ this is the proper garment to have on. The true church is where ever the true body of believers that are made up with those that have the holy Spirit dwelling in them THEY ARE THE TEMPLE BECAAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT DWELL IN THEM, Romans 12:1, this is the garment we all need to be clothed upon and only Christ can do this work.

Lee, did you get to answer my question yet?

Who'e work of being [born again] comes from is the work of salvation concerning one being [BORN AGAIN] is ALL the work from God or from man? Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.

PS Lee, Before we go to point Z we first must understand point A and that is the true nature of salvation.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, yeah. You forgot to answer my questions. Here they are again. And keep in mind that my illustration is not based on how I believe, but on how you believe. With that being said...
In the parable of the wedding-feast, at Matthew 22, our anointed Savior mentions guests that are to attend the feast and observe the wedding. The servants were sent out to gather, first, those bidden to attend. After them, they were sent out to gather as many as they could find to attend the wedding-feast.
QUESTION: If the bride-groom is our anointed Savior and the Church is his bride, then who are the servants and guests?
Bride - Church
Servants -
Guests -

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hi CB:

I fully understand, there are so many hours in the day and there is so much to be done at times it is hard I understand. Hope you and all have a blessed reserrection day. Again, thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
{{{HUGS}}} Gary!! We'll always agree on much. Love to see you posting. Hope I find the time soon to quit responding to posts hit and miss. I apologize to all for that. I take the shortest ones that really hit the spot at the moment. God Bless!! CB
>^o^<
Gary

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Hi Waste:

Yes, I am sure we all have our story to tell. God does speak to us through the comfort of His words through dear freinds sharing, and God allows certain things to take place at times to get our attention with me I am stuburn and I have to get hit over the head at times before I can look up and see this is coming from God. God can also work in chatisment this helps correct us in the word, 2 Tim. 3:16, many times, God as you know chastens those whom He loves every true child needs this correction from time to time and many times it is not pleasnt but very hard but after wards it produces fruit to God's glory. I hope you have a blessed reserrection day. Thank you for your input. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gary. I believe many hear the Gospels each in their own way right?
Peace be with you bro.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Gary wrote:
Hi Waste:
Yes, I am sure we all have our story to tell. God does speak to us through the comfort of His words through dear freinds sharing, and God allows certain things to take place at times to get our attention with me I am stuburn and I have to get hit over the head at times before I can look up and see this is coming from God. God can also work in chatisment this helps correct us in the word, 2 Tim. 3:16, many times, God as you know chastens those whom He loves every true child needs this correction from time to time and many times it is not pleasnt but very hard but after wards it produces fruit to God's glory. I hope you have a blessed reserrection day. Thank you for your input. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
Just don't get whacked too hard upside the head my friend. I find the tiny gentle voice often points me in the right direction when I get too far astray.

Blessed Resurrection Day back at ya Gary.

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing that moving personal story. I had just about the same experience in many ways. Later I was talking with an empathetic priest who remarked about my light. He also warned that my light was too bright for many who would try to extinguish it. Coming to these threads and suffering abuse along with other marginalization eventually made my flame die down. It has been hard to regain. Sometimes I relate to the moment Jesus was on the cross and felt forsaken.
Blessings my friend.
Are you me?? Seriously, that is like identical to my happenings. WoW!! God Bless, and I do mean that from my heart, my Friend!!

>^o^<

“The Final Sacrifice”

Be Blessed

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nice poster with real heart natural,
I can call you cyber friend,
I don't know anyone who could be my friend,
I assume good spiritual thoughts about Gary, and Cindy,
they are poeople whose posts are sounds like true faithful to Christ posts, and not seeking own glamour,or own glories,
I also notice your negative remarks but outside negativity is not inside attitude of new heart,
new heart is feeded by Holy Spirit and never overestimate yourselves to the public,
my short story is awsome,but there is more living experience with people whom I meet from door to door,
harsh words humans needs to focus on their own behaviour,and strat to be without of any bias more friendly,or completly ignore
PEOPLE MOSTLY DOESN'T LIKE SHARP AND HARSH REBUKES,BUT THEY REACT TO THEM ACCORDING TO THEIR HEARTS, this way AGAPE ENEMY is fulfilled in the form of friendship or ignoring but never causing phisical damage or death of enemy
May God always bless you WW
please keep first love to God and His silent lowly word allowing you to WAKE YOU UP TO THE GODS INFINTE REALITY
{{{HUGS}}} my brother. Interesting to hear all your testimonies and previous crosses you have carried. God Bless!!

>^o^<

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you me?? Seriously, that is like identical to my happenings. WoW!! God Bless, and I do mean that from my heart, my Friend!!
>^o^<
It's really amazing how similar these types of experiences can be.

Huggs and blessings back at ya.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
hi
I agree,
I quess you understood my respond to you,
as positive and accepted to be cyber true friends understand spiritualy each others,without of any bias,or negative remarks
may God bless you to take care making refreshment of your first love to the Lord,and growing devotion to the complete divine mautrity
Thank you friend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
identical is with me
forcing by others their beliefs and claiming to be teachers to others,
cause very negative remarks from me and very harsh bad rebukes,people doesn't like harsh rebukes and slap in face,
but nature of men is to not like it, but never forgeting and step down from their own spiritual priority, start to be dear frineds,or enemies who never are able to be friendly rather deadly enmies
mostly spiritual cowards dissapear,ignore, or respond violantly threat others
BEFORE MAY 2011 I DID HAVE FEW THREATS FROM SENECUS COURIOUS AND TIMBO, THEY PROMISED ME TO ARIVE DUNDALK AND TWIST MY NECK WITH THEIR SOUTHERN TEMPER
I GAVE THEM TIME AND MEETING PLACE, AND THEY NEVER APPEARED BEFORE MY FACE THOSE SO CALLED CYBER CHRISTIANS AND SCUMBAGS
same bll
CLAIM THAT I HATE HIM DEARLY,BUT BLL ALONE CREATE OWN HATEFUL AWATAR AGAINST ME,AND BRINGS OUT OF CONTEXT 3 YEARS OLD POST TO DEFAME ME AND SPREAD HATE AGAIST HEM
sorry
to tell this,but it is so,and was in past with proud self wicked glorious appointed miserable human creatures claiming their priority and right seat by the Throne of God
2 thess 5;28
THE GRACE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST BE WITH YOU,A-MEN'
Thanks for sharing that too.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
I think most of what they would be are be kind to others, pay it forward, help out others when they need it, send a smile to a stranger everyday, give a toy a child and see the real wonder of happiness and joy, and many others. You and many people have these traits. It is just many don't pay no mind to them, and they only come out when 'they have to'. I try to do it everyday.
But my story isn't the topic, huh?
I believe that we must become love, which exceeds the mere expression of love. Becoming love guarantees that we'll never miss an opportunity to love when an opportunity presents itself. My beliefs derive from the bible.
NASL wrote:
You must forget - "we are all children of God". There is not one of us who is more important than another. Only men have instilled this characteristic.
Agreed.
NASL wrote:
IMO - you are incorrect. But that could be because you only have accepted the NT and nothing more by Jesus.
There's no proof that there are anything more from our anointed Savior. Regardless, regarding the message, what's in the gospel records should be suffice.
NASL wrote:
Many ancient cultures have a "step" program to enlightenment. Early scholars had to go through 11 levels. One could also posit that the "chosen" are those who look for the enlightenment. The "elect" could be those of the "chosen" who have managed to take it to the next level and understand the mystical, ethereal, esoteric, and spiritual, then of those "elected" there is only one more step to make, pure love....not your "God", my Father.
So yes, I disagree to some extant, but also agree that only we make those choices to take those steps.
Father gives us two steps. Repent, then become love. And as to the term "elect"? I believe the term is to identify a vocation fulfilled by those found worthy-- those that become love. I don't agree with how Christendom uses the term as if it signifies superiority.

[QUOTE who"NASL"]Yeah!!+1 on our side.
:o)[/QUOTE]I hope your "side" is 'Elohiym's side.
NASL wrote:
Religion causes division.'nough said.
Religion is inevitable. And so is division without a foundation.

A most common misconception is that division is a product of religion, but this is furthest from the truth. The fact is, even without religion, we'd forever be cursed by division as long as no foundation is set. Let's imagine that all religions were abandoned, right now. Even without religion and after time, those whose concepts of love and respect coincide will seek each other out and unite, creating more division. In the end, whatever foundation was agreed upon, that we've built on, would naturally become another form of religion. We can't limit the definition of "religion" to just "rites and rituals".
NASL wrote:
How true - that is where honesty of one's Self plays an important role. If we were all to "think before we act" and understand the 'bad things' that could occur, we can avoid the bad, by choosing a different path to follow, and yet continue on the previous path's goal. It really isn't hard to do, if one lives in it he moment, instead of a predetermined one.
Our anointed Savior taught the same methods. If we can learn to replace negative thoughts (rather than entertain them) with positive, the attributes will follow. The more we practice love, the more love becomes our very nature rather than second-nature. Practice makes perfect. And perfection equates to godly. And godly is god-like.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that we must become love, which exceeds the mere expression of love. Becoming love guarantees that we'll never miss an opportunity to love when an opportunity presents itself. My beliefs derive from the bible.
<quoted text>Agreed.
<quoted text>There's no proof that there are anything more from our anointed Savior. Regardless, regarding the message, what's in the gospel records should be suffice.
<quoted text>Father gives us two steps. Repent, then become love. And as to the term "elect"? I believe the term is to identify a vocation fulfilled by those found worthy-- those that become love. I don't agree with how Christendom uses the term as if it signifies superiority.
<quoted text>I hope your "side" is 'Elohiym's side.
<quoted text>Religion is inevitable. And so is division without a foundation.
A most common misconception is that division is a product of religion, but this is furthest from the truth. The fact is, even without religion, we'd forever be cursed by division as long as no foundation is set. Let's imagine that all religions were abandoned, right now. Even without religion and after time, those whose concepts of love and respect coincide will seek each other out and unite, creating more division. In the end, whatever foundation was agreed upon, that we've built on, would naturally become another form of religion. We can't limit the definition of "religion" to just "rites and rituals".
<quoted text>Our anointed Savior taught the same methods. If we can learn to replace negative thoughts (rather than entertain them) with positive, the attributes will follow. The more we practice love, the more love becomes our very nature rather than second-nature. Practice makes perfect. And perfection equates to godly. And godly is god-like.
As you can see - we are alike in many ways, but will always be different.

Thus, the differences we have between us, should not matter one iota, huh? Yet they seem to do, indirectly and directly.

The differences show we are individuals [Self]- with the ability to choose how we live our lives. Dictation of how to live is actually a misnomer in all regards.

If one is to allow the Bible to dictate their life, then so be it, but in truth, a person who claims this, is lying and trying to pull the wool over others eyes or mislead them onto some path, that they themselves have no true knowledge of.

Example - The Bible consists of many "laws" int he OT. Of these "truthful laws" how many will a so-called "Christian" claim to be "true" and then skate away from all the others, all the while claiming that they are still true - for those people during tat time - seems to be the excuse they use.

Is this a valid excuse? No it isn't, because it shows the contradiction a person has with the Bible - I'll beleive only the parts that play to me and should be followed. Slavery, stoning, and even allowing a rapist to take your virgin daughter as his wife are no longer valid in this day and age, thus making the Bible erroneous in this regards.

Are people honest enough to admit this? NO THEY AREN'T - because it totally destroys their statement of "the Bible is not in error" - which ultimately, shows that they have been believing in men and their tales, but are afraid now that with admitting the mistake, that they are doomed to some place fo torment.

Now you can see how fear has taken hold of those individuals, causing confusion, and thus misleading others with unfounded claims.

It is pretty simple to resolve - believe in ALL of Jesus.

But will people? Nope. So they are left in darkness.

Good post Lee - it does look like we do agree with certain aspects of these teachigns by Jesus, but still have a ways to go on the non-canon, even though they are still considered teachings by Jesus that you don't accept.

Cheers!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that we must become love, which exceeds the mere expression of love. Becoming love guarantees that we'll never miss an opportunity to love when an opportunity presents itself. My beliefs derive from the bible.
<quoted text>Agreed.
<quoted text>There's no proof that there are anything more from our anointed Savior. Regardless, regarding the message, what's in the gospel records should be suffice.
<quoted text>Father gives us two steps. Repent, then become love. And as to the term "elect"? I believe the term is to identify a vocation fulfilled by those found worthy-- those that become love. I don't agree with how Christendom uses the term as if it signifies superiority.
<quoted text>I hope your "side" is 'Elohiym's side.
<quoted text>Our anointed Savior taught the same methods. If we can learn to replace negative thoughts (rather than entertain them) with positive, the attributes will follow. The more we practice love, the more love becomes our very nature rather than second-nature. Practice makes perfect. And perfection equates to godly. And godly is god-like.
Interesting and well said.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:

This part of your previous post has a lot to offer,if one takes the time to read it.

The choices that our Self makes are extraordinary in theirself, but play a very important role in how we live.

As you refer to a foundation, many don't have any foundations, but are not "divided".

I amy utilize Jesus as one of many figures throughout history that gives me a foundation, but he is not exclusive. There are many figures in many cultures that have the same basic fundamentals of Jesus and his teachings.

Maurice Cotterell in his book "The Supergods" actually compares seven of these different figures, including but not limited to, Jesus, Krishna (Hindu), Vishnu (Hindu), Quetzalcoatel (Pre-Columbian cultures), Lord Pacal (Mayan), Buddha, and one other that slips the mind. But you shoud get my point - Jesus is not an exclusive figure with teachigns of love, kindness and our "after-life".

http://www.amazon.com/The-Supergods-They-Miss...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Gary wrote:
Hi Lee:
Now you know the very fact is, I have asked you over and over most basic of questions such as this, are we born dead in sins? Eph 2:1. Rom. 3:10-12
And there's the proof I need. You don't read my posts. Not thoroughly, anyway. Because, if you did, then you would have read the numerous times that I said "Yes" to your question and my explanation as to how we're made alive-- which is the word of "God".
Gary wrote:
I asked you do yoou believe the work of being [born again] is ALL the work of God or the work of man? You said it is ALL the work of God. However, your actions say it is all the work of man thus you void out the spirit of grace.
That's ludicrous, Gary.

One cannot become born-again unless "God" bestows such a blessing on us. But, not all believers become born-again, either. Nor, is it a requirement unless the hope is in everlasting life in the spirit-realm. Those born-again will remain in the spirit-realm while those not born-again, yet still saved, will return to reside on the new-earth. In this, grace is still bestowed upon all. What you're failing to understand is that people can either, reject grace beforehand, or turn their back on grace afterward. And such rejection, either way, is the result of man's free-will.
Gary wrote:
We cannt have it both ways Lee either salvation is all of grace or all the work of man we cannot mix grace with works and this is just what your trying to do Lee.
That's not even close to what I'm trying to do, Gary.

First of all, the salvation mentioned, in the bible, is that from the penalty of death according to the Torah. That's why we still die, but we're not put to death. The ultimate salvation won't take place until after Judgment. But, can we reject, or turn our back, on grace and salvation? Emphatically, yes.
Gary wrote:
Now I have tried to assisit you the best I can I have shown you your error when being [born again] is ALL the work of God in becoming saved this is what happens when one is born again Lee. As you rightly said, it is ALL the work of God in your past posts.
So Lee, if anyone is showing confusion here it is with your own comments I am sorry to say, how can I go any further when you do not deal with these most basic questions? I am trying to help you see the error in your conclusion you see it then you draw back on your conclusion because it gives God all the glory in the work of being [BORN AGAIN] Lee, if your not sure about this and your being tossed to and fro like a wave then please ask and I will be glad to help.
My statements have always been the same. The issue, Gary, is that you don't understand me. And I don't know what else to say to explain it easier.
Gary wrote:
I will go back to the basic question again with you. Lee, do you believe being [born again] is ALL the work of God or the work of man?
Becoming born-again is of "God," bestowed upon those that have proven themselves worthy.
Gary wrote:
Lee, you told me it was ALL the work of God do you still hold to this? You see this is what makes all this so confusing here. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
Nobody controls whether or not they become born-again. But, the individual must first prove themselves worthy to fulfill the vocation. And if they don't remain faithful and obedient, they'll be stripped of the vocation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 29,221 - 29,240 of32,859
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

549 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Divinity Surgeon 682,983
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Dang It 110,381
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min scaritual 218,172
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 37 min andet1987 791
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Gods R Delusions x Mine 513,521
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 40 min andet1987 3,995
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min RADEKT 250,743
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Internet dr Pipke 596,815
•••
•••
•••