What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#30465 Mar 22, 2013
Gary wrote:
The true believer will bow down to God's word not in what he believes he thinks should be the salvation program for salvation this is all of God alone and He is telling us how He saves one in His word. We do not trust what we want not my will be done but thy will be done O Lord. God's word is a test to all mankind and not one will seek after God on God's terms unless God is drawing him to seek Him in spirit and in truth. The reason being is, we are all dead in sins and tresspasses, Eph. 2:1. Have you had any say in your first birth? No! We also have no say in the second bith. Thank you for those great questions. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15

New Age writes:

'God's word is a test to all mankind and not one will seek after God on God's terms unless God is drawing him to seek Him in spirit and in truth. "

Unfounded conclusion.

I've been studying religion since about the age of 16 years old - and was a former indoctrinated Catholic at that time, but renounced it after I determined that men wrote the texts you think are "true". What you have spoken on, in the above statement is the ability of Self.

If you refute this, then you also refute "free will", which we can plainly see you still use. So to refute your ability to choose is just bullshite.

We gravitate toward "God's Word" because we choose to, and not because any god insists that we do.

Move past the words and understand their meanings.

Albuquerque, NM

#30467 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
GARY don't have to post to you in respond to your LIES
Gary personal prayer allowed DR SHRINK enter this topic, and Fart on your fables,lies, deceivings, and insultive comments against Gary and His High call based on Bible beliefs not your and BLL fables,fakes, and pretences,
you came from hell,and go back to your hell who suck your life without of any hope and value
Oh hi "shrink"....did you get all your hatred out? I'm here for you to vent - lay it on me.

You really don't know much on how to be a so-called "Christian", huh?

It's okay, the dismay will subside, if you allow the astonishment to overcome it. Only you can.

Self.

Albuquerque, NM

#30468 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
gary learn Gods Word Bible,
not any man made religion,or your specualation forced before Gods Word, abusing Bible Moral Law,and try to dictate Gary that his beliefs are FABLES
The Bible was written by men. They aren't "God's", just because men stated tehy were. You do realize these were "control tactics" for teh masses, right?

You've been duped.
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
IF SO?WHY ARE YOU SEATING AND SENDING THIS OWN BS TO GARY?
WHY ARE YOU AND THIS SCUMBAG BLL TRY TO DECEIVE AND DESTROY GARY TRUE FAITH IN GOD AND GODS INFALAIBLE HOLY WORD BIBLE?
Only "Gary" will destroy his own life, I have o part in what he does.

This just goes to show you the truth behind Self. "Gary" gets to choose, unless you think "God" is acting upon him to have "Gary" do the things "God" wants. I doubt it. And I would also be inclined to say that "Gary" would also have to agree he is doing all of his own posting - and not any god assisted effort.

Why are you trying to make things up?

Do you find comfort in making up lies about others? When in your learning of Christianity did you learn this? Why would you want to learn this hatred of others?

This is surely not a "God" teaching nor is it of Jesus.

Sounds like you made this one up on your own.
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you think that everyone is spiritualy stupid,to not see clear and plain
Nah - I just think you've been blinded by the power and greed of others. Then through fear they try to instill into their followers, those individuals don't realize is, because of the spin employed.

You've been duped.

Only you can become aware of what Jesus taught, but you first must accept Jesus fully and not just the portion that men have given you to believe in.
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
war waged with Gary by 2 of You devil children YOU AND BLL
you are demented deceivers,Liars, and BS worthless even on this cyber space,not saying about global reality of GODS WORD BIBLE
Wrong again. I am not anything evil, as you would like to believe. Why? I have no idea, except that your hatred of others is overflowing and you now use this forum as a place to post those comments.

Many so-called "Christians" seem to have this very type of position - insult, call names and just outright hate others.

Yuo aren't any so-called "Christian", anymore than I am. In the least, I show respect for others and not delve into those area you seem to find comfort in.

You'll need to grow-up first, if you want to talk to the adults.

Good luck, and even thought the comments were very righteous, thanks for responding.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#30469 Mar 22, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
Bro Love, is that your frustrated look, like when you post to Gary?? LOL. I bet you have a wonderful smile too.
That is so funny! But, no. Ir could be, though! LOL! No-- actually, that my normal mug. I've been hearing, since I was very young, that I always look angry. Jamaicans I knew used to call me "Screwface," saying that one day, I got mad, and my face got stuck that way. Rastafarians used to say that I must have had an angry childhood, because my face was conditioned to look angry at all times. That's my normal look, though.
Hell Sucks wrote:
Ahhh, original sin. I see. When you stated "our actions" I was a bit confused. No doubt my actions are responsible for many aspects of my life. And yes, sometimes our parents can be responsible for our health issues, but some things are just an "act of God" so to speak.
I don't even like using that phrase, "an act of 'God'," because people get the impression that "God's" to blame for the results of our wrong-doing(s). Like, people that said 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and other catastrophe's, was "God's" doing.(NOTE: Muslims believe that Allah allowed for 9/11 to occur.) I think I know what you mean, though, by your saying "so to speak."

[QUOTE who=Hell Sucks"]".... our Godhead accomplished on the cross"?? That seems like a new choice of words for you. Is it?[/QUOTE]In a way, yes. I try to use "Godhead" when I can so that people don't think I'm taking anyone, the most High or His son, out of the equation. In this case, "Godhead" means that "God" is salvation and His son is His means to Him.
Hell Sucks wrote:
It's really good to chat with you again too. Iron sharpeneth iron indeed. It's quite difficult to find anywhere to post on Topix these days. The Christian Forum is a mess. I seldom post there, and it's generally not even worth reading. This is much more what forums were designed for and worth one's time.
;*:*;
Yeah. I don't spend much time in other forums and threads. The topics change so often it's aggravating. We never prove anything because we don't stay on topic long enough.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30470 Mar 22, 2013
Hi Dr:

As I was saying before I fully understand why people will hate the true gospel of the Bible because it leaves [self] out of the equation so I truly understand I have been there done that false gospel of works.

I also shown from the word of God the fruits of the Spirit in Gal. 5:22-23, that the unsaved cannot show true love and meekness, gentleness they will be exposed by their own words you will know them and by their fruits you shall know them. I may not agree with Lee concerning the nature of salvation. However, he does show some restraint and does not lash out with slander, hate, mocking, name calling and such all this does is expose the one who has this uncontrolable slap tic, knee jerk reaction and they go off spewing hate sad to say. God tells us to pray for those in fact, this is why I close with 1 John 3:13-15. Here Jesus tells us how you will know they are true believers or a brother by the love they have for one another, some sad to say think Jesus said you will know they are brothers by the hate they display towards one another. No! Jesus tells us you will know them by the fruits a good tree cannot bear forth bad fruit and a bad tree good fruit you shall know them by their fruits.

I always pray for those dear souls even more that show such contempt and hate towards the truth we are to love and pray for the ennemies of the true gospel only Christ in that person can do this. Thank you for your input. Gary 1 John 3:13-15.
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
GARY don't have to post to you in respond to your LIES
Gary personal prayer allowed DR SHRINK enter this topic, and Fart on your fables,lies, deceivings, and insultive comments against Gary and His High call based on Bible beliefs not your and BLL fables,fakes, and pretences,
you came from hell,and go back to your hell who suck your life without of any hope and value

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30471 Mar 22, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
Bro Love, is that your frustrated look, like when you post to Gary?? LOL. I bet you have a wonderful smile too.
That is so funny! But, no. Ir could be, though! LOL! No-- actually, that my normal mug. I've been hearing, since I was very young, that I always look angry. Jamaicans I knew used to call me "Screwface," saying that one day, I got mad, and my face got stuck that way. Rastafarians used to say that I must have had an angry childhood, because my face was conditioned to look angry at all times. That's my normal look, though.
Hell Sucks wrote:
Ahhh, original sin. I see. When you stated "our actions" I was a bit confused. No doubt my actions are responsible for many aspects of my life. And yes, sometimes our parents can be responsible for our health issues, but some things are just an "act of God" so to speak.
I don't even like using that phrase, "an act of 'God'," because people get the impression that "God's" to blame for the results of our wrong-doing(s). Like, people that said 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, and other catastrophe's, was "God's" doing.(NOTE: Muslims believe that Allah allowed for 9/11 to occur.) I think I know what you mean, though, by your saying "so to speak."
Hell Sucks wrote:
".... our Godhead accomplished on the cross"?? That seems like a new choice of words for you. Is it?
In a way, yes. I try to use "Godhead" when I can so that people don't think I'm taking anyone, the most High or His son, out of the equation. In this case, "Godhead" means that "God" is salvation and His son is His means to Him.
Hell Sucks wrote:
It's really good to chat with you again too. Iron sharpeneth iron indeed. It's quite difficult to find anywhere to post on Topix these days. The Christian Forum is a mess. I seldom post there, and it's generally not even worth reading. This is much more what forums were designed for and worth one's time.
;*:*;
Yeah. I don't spend much time in other forums and threads. The topics change so often it's aggravating. We never prove anything because we don't stay on topic long enough.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30472 Mar 22, 2013
Hi Lee:

God harden Pharoah heart the word declares all that God has to do is remove His hand of restraint and you will see how bad man can get. You are correct that Pharoch was over come with his own pride I agree with this assisment.

God as you said before in past posts God is not a respecter of persons and this is true so when He says I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy He was not just speaking to the nation of Israel but to all of man kind we can know this as one reads very closly the whole of Romans 9, the probelm arisses when we try to isolate God's word to mean just for this small group of people the scriptures were not written for any private interpitation but for all this is why all scripture is given by God for correction, reproof and doctrine and so on, 2 Tim. 3:16. God tells us through out the Bible that He alone must do all the work of salvation for one to be [born again] it is all the work of God minus the work of man if it was left to us Lee there is not one person that would seek Him no not one. Romans 3:10-12. Thank you for your input. Gary.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
PART II
<quoted text>Read the accounts in Hebrew. Pharaoh was not "hardened" in the same sense. He was already "hardened," but "God" allowed for Pharaoh to become overcome with pride. And He allowed this so that Israel would be given proof of Him and His power. You rely too much on the interpretations of men, namely those that translated the bible into English.
<quoted text>So, you must hate the ones I posted, one of them being 1John 3:7. This says, "Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous (New Living Translation)."
<quoted text>AGAIN... this is referring to specific peoplel namely Jacob and Esau, and Pharaoh.
<quoted text>AGAIN... Paul was likening those that don't accept "God's" son to those that reject the very existence of "God". But, apparently, you don't care...
<quoted text>I don't mean to be disrespectful, Gary, but all you're saying is hogwash. And I know this, because you've yet to provide any evidence, whatsoever, that shows how my assertions are erroneous and yours not. You just keep repeating the same things over and over again regardless of how many times I try to show you that you're misunderstanding and misinterpreting what's written. So, be it, then.
Robo cop

Point Pleasant, WV

#30473 Mar 22, 2013
proofsinthepuddin wrote:
Do either of you, Gary or Bob, have seminary degrees? Just thought I would inquire about where you received all of your knowledge about scripture. If you have attended a seminary, do you mind me asking where you attained your degree or doctorate? Just want to get a feel for your background without you having to reveal any personal info and get a better idea about where you stand on different doctrinal issues. Thanks and I would appreciate any correspondence.
If I may ask.........Where did Peter, James, John, Mathew and the other diciples get their doctorate...Jesus told them what to do,how to do it and what to take with them and who to turn away from..........read your Word....it doesn't take a college graduate or a degree to understand the gospel, Christ said "even a child can understand"..........Alwa ys someone trying to make things difficult!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30474 Mar 22, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
1/your face look like convicted ruthless criminal,
face express atitiude of hearts and soul,
also viciousenss,greed of own glory,and own infaliable bamblings is seeing on your face,
But your face doesn't express person who is TRULY HONESTLY SAVED BY GODS GRACE?
So?
you misleaded posts divided in 1 2 3 4 parts lead nobody nowhere,
they are full of biblical spiritual errors,
AND YOUR EFFORT IS INSPIRED BY DEVIL TO MISLEAD GARY AND THOSE WHO READ YOUR LIES
WE CAN SEE THOSE LONG DIVIDED IN PARTS POSTS CLEARLY AND PLAIN,THEY ARE POSTS NOT FULLY COMPLY TO 2 Tim 3;16,
rather have full aplication with 2 Peter 1;20
sorry
but it is nacked biblical truth about your posts taken out of full biblical context
never answered question?
NOW DO YOU LIVE SAME AGAPOE DR SHINK LIKE YOUR WIFE,MAMA,PAPA,CHILDREN???do you?????
That's not very nice. Besides, I disagree. Brother Lee looks like a real person and serious also. His posts are thoughtful. You could learn a thing or two from him if you weren't so envious.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30475 Mar 22, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Context, sweetheart. Context.

Before this, Nicodemus said to our anointed Savior, "Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him." Focus, now, on his mention of "miracles." Okay? Now, after this, our anointed Savior said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

QUESTION: What's the association between miracles and the mention of being born-again and seeing the kingdom of "God"?

Now, after this, Nicodemus asked, "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?" At this, our anointed Savior said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

Here, we read that Nicodemus misunderstood our anointed Savior and made the issue a natural issue rather than spiritual. Our anointed Savior corrected him by repeating his initial statement.

Our anointed Savior was referring to two things that many either, don't realize, or have never learned. The first is that this "born-again" means to be blessed with the power of the Holy Spirit. This explains the association between Nicodemus' mention of miracles and our anointed Savior's following mention of being born-again. The second is that this "kingdom of God" means, literally, the spirit-realm that Father and all spirit-beings reside. What all this equates to is that those born-again are the elect. And it's written that the elect will remain with our anointed Savior after the kingdom is established. The rest that haven't been elected are "the meek" that will inherit the earth. All the elect are believers, but not all believers are the elect.
Hell Sucks wrote:
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.
Israel, first, was saved from the penalty of death given to Moses, but not from death entirely. At least, not yet. We can't be entirely saved from death until death, itself, is cast into the proverbial lake of fire. This will occur after the day of Judgment. This-- being saved from the penalty of death given to Moses-- though, is what's called "grace". And in this, none did anything righteous that convinced "God" to bestow such grace upon us. As a matter of fact, it's because of Israel's shortcomings that grace was bestowed upon us.

Before the death of our anointed Savior, grace was only bestowed upon Israel after they shed the blood of an animal. But, as it's written, Israel took the ancient means of grace for granted. And that's why it was prophesied that sacrifices and oblations would be fulfilled (and not destroyed). The most High came to despise Israel's offerings. In order to do this, our anointed Savior was sent to both, fulfill the results of sacrifice once and for all, and the penalty of death (by becoming our substitute). And as our anointed Savior is the same yesterday, today, and forever, his shed blood bestows upon us grace so that we can accomplish exactly what was expected of Israel in ancient times. Grace has always been bestowed upon men so that the sinner can be forgiven, reconciled unto Father, and given a new start toward learning and becoming righteous. We've not reason to think that different is expected of Israel today, or those grafted in.

Welcome back, Hell Sucks! Welcome back!
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30477 Mar 22, 2013
Dear all:

I fully understand some will believe the gospel of the Lord Jesus is just some hog-wash sad to say.

1- I would ask the foundaitional question such as, Is man kind born dead in his sins? Eph. 2:1.

2- Since the Bible declares that there is not one that will seek after God no not one! Romans 3:10-12.

3- God tells us that all the work of being [born again] is ALL the work of God. John 3:1-6 1 Peter 1:10

4- The Bible tells us that it is NOT the works of our righteousness which we have done but by His mercy He saves one.

5- Mankind in general hate the true gospel the reason we do because we are born in rebelion to the will of God. Psalm 38:3-4

I have noticed now in my walk with the Lord that those who truly hate the true gospel more than any are the religious unsaved, take for example, the scribes and Pharisses they had a do it your self gospel that was based on their works they thought that they were so righteous they even added unto the law with the washing of hands and the washing of pots and so on. What they had is called [self righteous] now one can come along and say how they love Jesus that He has did all the work to save him from his sins and to God be all the glory. Yet the unsaved religious ones will hate him because he gives all the glory to the Lord in the work of his salvation. I find this astonding to say the least this is all spiritual of course those that claim salvation and show intence hate towards the true gospel and towards the one sharing how Jesus loved him and paid all the work on the cross for his sins is now slnadered.

This is the power of the true gospel. The fact that those that have a do it your self gospel cannot answer the most basic of questions, you can ask them,

did you have any say in your first birth? Silence! Did you have any say in accepting your first birth? Again, silence! Did you have any say in when you would become born into this world? Again, silence!

Now, one can ask a person these questions and you will get complete silence!

Now they know without doubt that the answer would be no! they had no say in this matter at all. The reason why they cannot answer these most basic of questions is this, it ties into the work of God in becoming [born again] they know it is all the work of God but if they say this they will have to admit that there is nothing they can do to become saved, they may have not thought all this though so sometime they will make a mistake and say something they find out later is a trap that they fell into and sad to say they will do some back stroking and not mention this.

Now Jesus tells us that you have not chosen me but He has to chosen you, John 16:15, the work to believe on Him is all the work of God, John 6:29. Now some may get very up-set at me but really they are up-set with the word of God they will not out right lash back at the word so they lash back at the one faithfully declaring the word this is par for the course I fully understand really I do because I was once there in the do it your self have it your way self help gospel.

Now I am not pointing out here anyone person I am just making a blanket statement here concerning the salvation work of God. It is amazing the power of the word is it not? We must be patiant with one another and in love and concern for each other we can share what God declares many times our conclusions could be faulty and this is fine as long as we allow the whole weight of God's word to teach us then maybe God will have mercy faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God, Rom. 10:17 We can go to God pleading for mercy to see truth who can tell maybe God will leave a blessing behind. Thank you all for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30478 Mar 22, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Dr:
As I was saying before I fully understand why people will hate the true gospel of the Bible because it leaves [self] out of the equation so I truly understand I have been there done that false gospel of works.
You're, obviously, oblivious to the human desire.

You believe that people hate the whole "do-it-yourself/self-help gospel," as you call it, all the while ignoring the fact that convenience stores, restaurants, fast-food chains, and all else that can make life more easy to live, floods our societies at high demand! Marriages are now conducted at "drive-thru" windows for crying out loud! We've invented a "morning-after" pill! I'm sure that people would love nothing less than to learn that absolutely nothing is expected of us by "God".

You're, obviously, oblivious to the human desire, Gary.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#30479 Mar 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by men. They aren't "God's", just because men stated tehy were. You do realize these were "control tactics" for teh masses, right?
I agree 100% with you. The bible was written by man to control the masses by fear and to keep them on the hook by dangling the possibility of the ultimate reward later if they stayed true that ingeniously no one will ever be able to refute because they're dead. It's actually quite brilliant.
<quoted text>I just think you've been blinded by the power and greed of others. Then through fear they try to instill into their followers, those individuals don't realize is, because of the spin employed.
The unfortunate thing is more than half the world is just like him. Scary, especially because they're always preparing for their "spiritual war".
<quoted text>Many so-called "Christians" seem to have this very type of position - insult, call names and just outright hate others.
That's the same response I get 99% of the time when debating faith with Christians and it's mainly only them that lose control and get nasty and resort to childish insults. Jews don't get upset and lose control and neither do the Muslims I've spoken at length with either.

It's troubling the number of Christians that don't even know the true meaning of being Christian and what Jesus was really trying to relay thus being walking, talking hypocrites to their own faith and they make up the majority. SMH.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#30480 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you avoid the facts and spin it to the way you want to believe it to be?
FACT - the mother of the infant has every control on when she gives birth.
Why do you avoid this truth and think "God" controls it?
You can blatantly see that what you are saying is false and misleading to those who aren't not paying close attention to your posts. Well I am, and will call you out on these unfounded claims.
You really should learn the religion you tout so highly a little bit better, because if you are some sort of minister, not only are you lying to others, but to yourself.
New Age, I'm right there with you with what I've read from you but I have one question I want you to answer honestly please. How many "believers" have you actually enlightened with the truth? How many that you know of have actually had the intestinal fortitude to research what you're saying for themselves and changed their position even if it's just slightly?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30481 Mar 22, 2013
Hi LEE:

I fully understand why you would say this. However, nothing could be farther from the truth it is not my will be done but God's will be done. Lee, I do not even trust myself all the trust I have must be in what God can do not what I can do concerning salvation it is 100% THE lORD'S WORK IN BEING [BORN AGAIN] SO BY DECLARING THIS BIBLICAL FACT I AM GIVING ALL THE GLORY TO THE LORD FOR GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE NOT GREAT THINGS I HAVE DONE.

Lee, I am not talking about worldly things like the morning after pill I am talking about the nature of God's salvation program.

1- Fact we are all born dead in sins, Eph. 2:1

2- There is not one that will seek after God no not one! Romans 3:10-12.

3- We sure had no say when we were born the first time did we?

4- We had no say in when God would make us born the first time did we?

5- We had no say in the time we would be born the first time did we?

6- We had no say in accepting to be born the first time did we?

We know the fact is, we had no say in these things concening being born did we? However, some want to say even though mankind is dead in sins and tresspasses he thinks he can make himself alive in Christ Jesus when he wants? This is no different then one thinking they had the choise in being born the first birth what is flesh is flesh and what is Spirit is Spirit marvel not ye must be [born again] John 3:3-5.

Now Lee, I believe since we sure had no say in coming alive the first time we sure have no say in ones spiritual birth they both must come from the work of God. You see what I am doing is just giving glory to whom glory is due and I believe ALL the glory goes to the Lord in both births.

Lee, your trying to compare earthly things what one can do to spiritual things they are so far apart from one another. You see when we try to figure it out on an intelectual level we will miss it every time this is why we must become like a child to enter into the kingdom of heaven. When God says He must do all the work the [believer] believes it, He said it and that settles it plan and simple as a child Lee.

What does the world have to do with spiritual things? The world in general knows very little what the word declares even many religious people have no understanding unless God opens ones heart and gives him a new Spirit this all takes a miricle and work of God we do not enter into this work at all and sad to say because I was there also but I can tell you I was blind to the most basic of truth's when it came to the salvation of God, I had religion that is all I had but I was bankrupt period! Lee, when we try to take some of the credit in God's salvation program I have learned that we make void the spirit of grace because we add works to salvation thus it is no longer grace.

"And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise is no more works." 11:6

Lee, this is what God's word declares I did not say this verse God is declaring this truth the question is, will we bow down to God or man? There is the real problem with many.

You see when we add any work to grace we void out grace thus grace is no longer grace but of works. Thank you. Gary.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>You're, obviously, oblivious to the human desire.
You believe that people hate the whole "do-it-yourself/self-help gospel," as you call it, all the while ignoring the fact that convenience stores, restaurants, fast-food chains, and all else that can make life more easy to live, floods our societies at high demand! Marriages are now conducted at "drive-thru" windows for crying out loud! We've invented a "morning-after" pill! I'm sure that people would love nothing less than to learn that absolutely nothing is expected of us by "God".
You're, obviously, oblivious to the human desire, Gary.

Location hidden

#30482 Mar 23, 2013
Gary wrote:
Dear all:
I fully understand some will believe the gospel of the Lord Jesus is just some hog-wash sad to say.
1- I would ask the foundaitional question such as, Is man kind born dead in his sins? Eph. 2:1.
2- Since the Bible declares that there is not one that will seek after God no not one! Romans 3:10-12.
3- God tells us that all the work of being [born again] is ALL the work of God. John 3:1-6 1 Peter 1:10
4- The Bible tells us that it is NOT the works of our righteousness which we have done but by His mercy He saves one.
5- Mankind in general hate the true gospel the reason we do because we are born in rebelion to the will of God. Psalm 38:3-4
I have noticed now in my walk with the Lord that those who truly hate the true gospel more than any are the religious unsaved, take for example, the scribes and Pharisses they had a do it your self gospel that was based on their works they thought that they were so righteous they even added unto the law with the washing of hands and the washing of pots and so on. What they had is called [self righteous] now one can come along and say how they love Jesus that He has did all the work to save him from his sins and to God be all the glory. Yet the unsaved religious ones will hate him because he gives all the glory to the Lord in the work of his salvation. I find this astonding to say the least this is all spiritual of course those that claim salvation and show intence hate towards the true gospel and towards the one sharing how Jesus loved him and paid all the work on the cross for his sins is now slnadered.
This is the power of the true gospel. The fact that those that have a do it your self gospel cannot answer the most basic of questions, you can ask them,
did you have any say in your first birth? Silence! Did you have any say in accepting your first birth? Again, silence! Did you have any say in when you would become born into this world? Again, silence!
Now, one can ask a person these questions and you will get complete silence!
Now they know without doubt that the answer would be no! they had no say in this matter at all. The reason why they cannot answer these most basic of questions is this, it ties into the work of God in becoming [born again] they know it is all the work of God but if they say this they will have to admit that there is nothing they can do to become saved, they may have not thought all this though so sometime they will make a mistake and say something they find out later is a trap that they fell into and sad to say they will do some back stroking and not mention this.
Now Jesus tells us that you have not chosen me but He has to chosen you, John 16:15, the work to believe on Him is all the work of God, John 6:29. Now some may get very up-set at me but really they are up-set with the word of God they will not out right lash back at the word so they lash back at the one faithfully declaring the word this is par for the course I fully understand really I do because I was once there in the do it your self have it your way self help gospel.
Now I am not pointing out here anyone person I am just making a blanket statement here concerning the salvation work of God. It is amazing the power of the word is it not? We must be patiant with one another and in love and concern for each other we can share what God declares many times our conclusions could be faulty and this is fine as long as we allow the whole weight of God's word to teach us then maybe God will have mercy faith does come by hearing and hearing by the word of God, Rom. 10:17 We can go to God pleading for mercy to see truth who can tell maybe God will leave a blessing behind. Thank you all for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
You assumption is based upon the Bible as being infallible, which is a heresy.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30483 Mar 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
That's not very nice. Besides, I disagree. Brother Lee looks like a real person and serious also. His posts are thoughtful. You could learn a thing or two from him if you weren't so envious.
Thank you, WasteWater. That's very kind of you. Although, I admit that I prefer you said "thought provoking" than "thoughtful," but I'll take it!(smile)
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30485 Mar 23, 2013
Hi Waste:

If one does not believe anything in the Bible then really nothing is [heresy]

You know Wsate there is nothing I can do to make one see truth or just how wrong the path they are on. God the Holy Spirit must make His word real to a person I cannot do this no matter what I share the people of Israel did not believe in God even when they seen the great miricles by the hand of Moses as God was working through him they could not enter into the promise land because of unbelief so no matter what anyone tells you, shows you it is impossible to believe unless God gives one the faith to believe and we know faith is a gift of God least any man should boast, Eph. 2:8-9

Take for example, some things you may agree upon I don't know. Some of the laws that are coming into effect and already has as abortion same sex marriage and so on. These laws are against God's laws so who will we believe? Will we believe what God tells us in His word or will we just go along with the majority? I believe personally this nation is going in the wrong diriction like never before America is not what it used to be sad, so sad to say. America was hit in 911 and out of fear what was the three words used? Yes,they were [God bless America] that is odd since the destruction and all that took place why would they say such a thing? You see what they were really feeling was this, and they did not know it by saying those words it was like them saying, God is still blessing America is He not? You see this made them question their own nation. Now we can see some of the laws that are coming into effect are really going to be the down fall of America sad to say. I see no turning around from there wicked ways when God calls it a sin or an abomination we can rest assure this is what this is. I pray for America and the leaders in Congress, the Senate, judges, the President, and such that this nation will come back to the first prinicples that it stood for. I am saddened by what is taking place and I cannot prove to them that they are wrong the reason being they do not hold to the devine standard that our for-fathers held that is the Bible. I aslo know God is in complete control He raises up kings and He brings them down. We as a nation is soon ripe for judgment by God if they continue down these paths.

Now many people knows what this nation is allowing to take place will be the ruin of this nation some people can see this while others are saying peace and safety.

Waste, when it comes to spiritual matters one will never see or understand spiritual truth unless God makes it real to them I cannot do this all that the believers are to do is faithfully to declare the gospel we are called to be a wittness that is it. We do not force moral laws on one it has to come to the convictions of the person it is all a very private thing between you and God. No matter what happens in this nation God will have the final word. For the true believer this is not his home he is just passing through in the mean time we can leave our mark by faithfully declaring God's word this is what will truly last as the word declares. Heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall never pass away. The true believer also hopes for the very best for all and wishes no ill on anyone if he is truly saved he will be Christ like in his speach and his actions. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You assumption is based upon the Bible as being infallible, which is a heresy.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30486 Mar 23, 2013
Hi Robo:

Sorry it took so long to answer your points. You are correct of course when you sad that the desciples were taught by the Lord. This is our true degree being taught by the word and the Spirit mankind cannot make the word of God real to one it must come by the power of GOD. MANY THINK OF PEOPE THAT HAVE THE DEGREE AND BECAUSE OF THAT DEGREE THEY THINK THEY ARE IN LIKE FLINT THE FACT IS, IT IS A SNARE.

The scribes and Pharisses of Jesus day were so called great men of renown. Now today in man's pride the leaders want to be called names such as , Father, Reverend, Holy Father, most holy Father, all these names belong to God alone it is based on the pride of man. God warns us to beware when all men speak well of you. The true believer will not be loved by most people God warns us of this fact He told us do not be surprised if all men hate you for my name sake the world will hate the true believers.

"Marvel not, my brethren, if the world HATE YOU. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whoso hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye knoe that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him" 1 John 3:13-15

Robo, these are my closing verses when I sign off it is a reminder to me and to all here but sometime it is good to quote these verses.

1- God is telling us how we can tell who is a believer or a brother and it is by the love they have towards one another the world we know will show hate, malice, slander, backbitting, scoffing, mocking, and such this should be par for the course of a true believers life. We are lights in this dark world and the unsaved does not like the light of the true gospel of grace alone.

2- So when we see the lack of love for one another something is missing, The fact is, we are commanded to even love our enemies. Look at our Lord? He said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Stephen when stoned said almost the same thing.

3- How can one show love towards them that show hate towars you? The answer is Christ first most be in you by the power of the Holy Spirit Jesus said He will not leave the believer comfortless but He will send the comforter to be with you forever we know this is the Holy Spirit that also leads one into truth that can set the captives free.

4- For some that verse I have shared they cannot do what this verse commands no mater how hard they try the reason why is, you most have the power of the Holy Spirit to produce the true fruits of the Holy Spirit, Gal. 5;22-23. It is hard to see people that want to argue over these most basic of truth's in God's word. So it is very hard to go much further into the meat of the word of God because sad to say many never got past the milk of the word of God.

5- However, everything is on God's time table and we are to show patiance, longsuffering, meekness, gentleness, love towards one another for if it was not for the grace of God I could be a real reprobate. Romans 1.

6- This site here is to help people if they disagree with me that is fine I hold no hard feeling here. I would just apprecate when they disagree with me or others that they would back up what they are sharing by the word of God this is our standard that most of us go by. God tells us that only the scriptures are able to make one wise unto salvation, 2 Tim 3:15-16. So, it is the word that can set us free when applied by the Spirit of God. Thank you. Gary 1 John 3:13-15
Robo cop wrote:
<quoted text>
If I may ask.........Where did Peter, James, John, Mathew and the other diciples get their doctorate...Jesus told them what to do,how to do it and what to take with them and who to turn away from..........read your Word....it doesn't take a college graduate or a degree to understand the gospel, Christ said "even a child can understand"..........Alwa ys someone trying to make things difficult!

Location hidden

#30487 Mar 23, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, WasteWater. That's very kind of you. Although, I admit that I prefer you said "thought provoking" than "thoughtful," but I'll take it!(smile)
Yes I agree, your choice of words is closer to what I meant, although you also do put a great deal of thought into your posts do you not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 22 min Johnny 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 30 min Johnny 560
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 2 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr another viewer 989,717
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 2 hr Johnny 122
__POPE OUTED --- Shockwaves from Rome__ 3 hr Nov 2017 1
gay guys for skype?? (Jun '14) 4 hr Zack17almos 18 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 hr TrumpTheRetard 41,701
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 690,355
More from around the web