What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#30290 Mar 15, 2013
@Gary

Romans 3:30
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

As we read this verse in context, Paul was referring the Roman congregation to our anointed Savior's teachings. In this, they were called to remember when he would say, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time," followed by, "But, I say unto you..."

You see, this was one of Israel's major faults. And this is what our anointed Savior came to eradicate. As far as Israel was concerned, nothing more was necessary other than the literal application of the literal letter of the law. So, they would refrain from stealing from one another, but they continued coveting their neighbor's goods. They would refrain from lying with their neighbor's wives, but they would continue to lust after them. They would refrain from murder, but they would harbor hatred and animosity toward one another. So, in this, they preferred to follow the law that inhibits the flesh rather than allowing the law to enter into their hearts and minds.

In conclusion, what out anointed Savior came to teach us and what Paul was trying to explain was how to keep the spiritual application of the law and not the literal letter. By learning and applying the letter of the law by its spiritual nature, we'll no longer remain under the law.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#30291 Mar 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
@Gary
Romans 3:30
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
As we read this verse in context, Paul was referring the Roman congregation to our anointed Savior's teachings. In this, they were called to remember when he would say, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time," followed by, "But, I say unto you..."
You see, this was one of Israel's major faults. And this is what our anointed Savior came to eradicate. As far as Israel was concerned, nothing more was necessary other than the literal application of the literal letter of the law. So, they would refrain from stealing from one another, but they continued coveting their neighbor's goods. They would refrain from lying with their neighbor's wives, but they would continue to lust after them. They would refrain from murder, but they would harbor hatred and animosity toward one another. So, in this, they preferred to follow the law that inhibits the flesh rather than allowing the law to enter into their hearts and minds.
In conclusion, what out anointed Savior came to teach us and what Paul was trying to explain was how to keep the spiritual application of the law and not the literal letter. By learning and applying the letter of the law by its spiritual nature, we'll no longer remain under the law.
YEAH "PAUL"!!

Why don't you ever post teachings by Jesus as much as you do by "Paul"?

Albuquerque, NM

#30292 Mar 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
By learning and applying the letter of the law by its spiritual nature, we'll no longer remain under the law.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add.....that this portion of your post....

Is all about the actions of Self.

In which Jesus spoke highly of acting upon to improve..

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".

Self. The amazing being we all use everyday.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30293 Mar 15, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
YEAH "PAUL"!!
First, the following are quotes from our anointed Savior.

"'Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,' followed by,'But, I say unto you'..."

Let's not disregard the fact that I made it quite clear that Paul was only expounding on the teachings of Mashiyach. And that's what one comes to acknowledge and realize when we come to understand the difference and purpose of the gospel accounts and Paul's letters. The gospel accounts, for the most part, were to provide us historical documentation in regards to Mashiyach and his teachings. Paul's letters, on the other hand, was to explain and expound on Mashiyach's teachings to the new Church and her newer members. All that both taught, though, are found in Tanakh.

Post script: Solomon, too, expounded on Torah. This, though, doesn't mean that we exalt Solomon above Moses.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30294 Mar 15, 2013
Oh yeah, I forgot to add.....that this portion of your post....
Is all about the actions of Self.
In which Jesus spoke highly of acting upon to improve..
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God".
Self. The amazing being we all use everyday.
It's a shame you've only focused on Gary's posts. Had you read mine, too, you would have noticed that I don't deny the concept. If you would remember, it was I that quoted to you the verse that says, "The kingdom of God is within you." It's also I that believes that the gifts of grace and salvation are only offered us, but that it's us that has to accept them. Consider the following, please and if you will, as they explain my position regarding this matter.

Psalm 82:6
I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34-35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken...

As I believe, we've all the potential, the capability, and more than anything else, "God's" permission, to become gods. But, in order to do this, we must become like "God." "God" is Love. Therefore, in order to become like "God," we too must become Love. And the only way to become Love is to learn and apply the spiritual aspects of the the law. And before we even approach the law, it's wise to know these three principles.

1) "The thought of foolishness is sin." Proverbs 24:9

2) "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1John 3:4

3) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1John 1:8

Once we become acquainted with the above precepts, we can begin our journey toward godliness. For good reason, Peter asked; "..what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God..(2Pet 3:11-12)?"

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30295 Mar 15, 2013
YEAH "PAUL"!!
In addition, I only quoted the verse from Paul because, as you can see, that was the quote posted to me, by Gary. But, if you'll examine my post, you'd notice that my intention was to bring our attention, first, to Mashiyach. Here it is, again.

As we read this verse in context, Paul was referring the Roman congregation to 1) our anointed Savior's teachings.

In this, they were called to remember when 2)[our anointed Savior] would say, "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time," followed by, "But, I say unto you..."

You see, this was one of Israel's major faults. And this is what 3) our anointed Savior came to eradicate. As far as Israel was concerned, nothing more was necessary other than the literal application of the literal letter of the law. So, they would refrain from stealing from one another, but they continued coveting their neighbor's goods. They would refrain from lying with their neighbor's wives, but they would continue to lust after them. They would refrain from murder, but they would harbor hatred and animosity toward one another. So, in this, they preferred to follow the law that inhibits the flesh rather than allowing the law to enter into their hearts and minds.

In conclusion, 4) what out anointed Savior came to teach us and what Paul was trying to explain was how to keep the spiritual application of the law and not the literal letter. By learning and applying the letter of the law by its spiritual nature, we'll no longer remain under the law.

As you can see, I mentioned our anointed Savior, directly, four times.

Albuquerque, NM

#30296 Mar 15, 2013
YEAH "PAUL"!!
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>First, the following are quotes from our anointed Savior.
"'Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time,' followed by,'But, I say unto you'..."
Let's not disregard the fact that I made it quite clear that Paul was only expounding on the teachings of Mashiyach. And that's what one comes to acknowledge and realize when we come to understand the difference and purpose of the gospel accounts and Paul's letters. The gospel accounts, for the most part, were to provide us historical documentation in regards to Mashiyach and his teachings. Paul's letters, on the other hand, was to explain and expound on Mashiyach's teachings to the new Church and her newer members. All that both taught, though, are found in Tanakh.
Post script: Solomon, too, expounded on Torah. This, though, doesn't mean that we exalt Solomon above Moses.
Your response did not answer my question. WOuld you like to try again?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30297 Mar 15, 2013
@Gary

QUESTION 1: If we continue to behave unrighteous, or continue in willful sin, will we be saved?

QUESTION 2: If we continue to behave righteously, or continue in unfeigned love, will we be saved?

Albuquerque, NM

#30298 Mar 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>It's a shame you've only focused on Gary's posts. Had you read mine, too, you would have noticed that I don't deny the concept. If you would remember, it was I that quoted to you the verse that says, "The kingdom of God is within you." It's also I that believes that the gifts of grace and salvation are only offered us, but that it's us that has to accept them. Consider the following, please and if you will, as they explain my position regarding this matter.
Psalm 82:6
I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
John 10:34-35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken...
As I believe, we've all the potential, the capability, and more than anything else, "God's" permission, to become gods. But, in order to do this, we must become like "God." "God" is Love. Therefore, in order to become like "God," we too must become Love. And the only way to become Love is to learn and apply the spiritual aspects of the the law. And before we even approach the law, it's wise to know these three principles.
1) "The thought of foolishness is sin." Proverbs 24:9
2) "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." 1John 3:4
3) "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1John 1:8
Once we become acquainted with the above precepts, we can begin our journey toward godliness. For good reason, Peter asked; "..what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God..(2Pet 3:11-12)?"
I'm sorry. If you had posted something that was helpful to the world and I missed it, please repost.

FYI - I have read some of your posts, but preaching non-stop quotes is something I prefer to skip over. If I wanted to re-read the Bible again and again or compare it with every so-called interpretation made by internet posters of the text, I will - on my own time, and not because someone on the internet thinks a certain cherry-picked passage has merit all by itself.

In fact I've chosen not to read it anymore, butonly use it as a reference to show so-called "Christians" where they have failed at understanding the texts they present.

I just find it hard to give "Paul" superior creedance over Jesus. It would show that I think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, and since I don't, I find this to be completely ludicrous.

Ludicrous in the manner, that 14 books by "Paul" in the NT (unconfirmed), and not one by Jesus, showing "Paul" is revered as AWESOME.

He shouldn't be, but is through the eyes of men. "Paul" preached what Jesus taught, but unfortunately men have decided to believe he taught something totally different. This is the perception that men had put forth, which has proved to be a false doctrine and dogma.

Thanks for responding.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30299 Mar 15, 2013
YEAH "PAUL"!!

Your response did not answer my question. WOuld you like to try again?
Every and anything quoted from the bible is a teaching of Mashiyach one way or another. It was Mashiyach that gave Moses the law that, of course, began with Father Yahoweh. And what was written in the gospel records, the letters of Paul, and the epistles, are all based on Yahowshua's teachings. Therefore, I think it's a tad foolish to only accept verses that either, say "And Jesus said," or are supposed to be directly from Yahowshua himself. In conclusion, if Paul wrote...

"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:8-10)."

...then, we should look beyond the words and heed the message. Especially if they don't contradict what Yahowshua taught.

Albuquerque, NM

#30300 Mar 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
@Gary
QUESTION 1: If we continue to behave unrighteous, or continue in willful sin, will we be saved?
QUESTION 2: If we continue to behave righteously, or continue in unfeigned love, will we be saved?
Unless "Gary" had died and gone to heaven, and witnessed such an event, how could he possibly know what "God" does or doesn't do.

"Gary" - if he responds, should be responding in this manner.

If he chooses to respond in any other way, then he is blatantly lying and trying to mislead others into his world of religion - which has already been shown that he only believes in a portion of what Jesus taught.

So why even ask him.

Why are you not researching "Life after death" for those answers.

Don't you believe an individual can have a Near Death Experience and witness something extraordinary when they have been "clinically dead", but come back to tell their tale?

You'll believe "Paul" and his visions, but not visions of modern men?

Dr. Richard Moody, in 1975, had published a landmark book that posed these questions - "Life After Life", and in it he describes similar tales that were told to him by various "everyday, regular Joes".

In one account of many, he states that the individual who had "died", came upon a being, whom stated "What have you done with your life?" As you can see, this is no judgment, but a question to the deceased to answer for WHAT THEY HAD ACHIEVED, and NOT anything to do with what "God" wanted for them.

This tells me alot of information.

It does purpose that Christianity is a false doctrine and the men who created it, didn't know what they were talking about, and only wanted others to believe like them - the wrong way.

You are like them, because of a lack of research on your part - Self.

Jesus promoted it, why do you reject it?

http://lifeafterlife.com/

Albuquerque, NM

#30301 Mar 15, 2013
OOPS....

Gary" - if he responds, should be responding in this manner.

- he should be truthful with himself and others, that he doesn't know who will be saved.

...if he answers any other way.....please refer back to the original post.

Sorry for the missed sentence.

Albuquerque, NM

#30302 Mar 15, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Every and anything quoted from the bible is a teaching of Mashiyach one way or another.
False conclusion. In fact, this is untrue altogether.

The Bible - written by fallible men and besides this important fact, Jesus never wrote anythign down, so all of "his teachings" are actually second hand sources, which we all know, causes the reliability to decrease.

Of course, unless you have been indoctrinated into the religion, without researching the data fully, in which it appears you haven't.

Why do you reject most of what Jesus taught that wasn't included in the Bible? Why do you accept what is in the Bible, even when it doesn't contain all of the teachings of Jesus.

BTW - your belief in Jewish Messiahism is unfounded.

Jesus - portrayed as a "redeemed redeemer" is actually a product of the ancient Persian culture and their beliefs.

Making it a Jewish origin is inaccurate and misleading.

This book - large as it is, contains some very helpful information related to this.

"Gnostic Philosophy: From Ancient Persia to Modern Times" by
Tobias Churton

http://www.amazon.com/Gnostic-Philosophy-Anci...
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>It was Mashiyach that gave Moses the law that, of course, began with Father Yahoweh.
Jewish history dictates otherwise.

You'll have to provide evidence to support your case. What evidence do you have that shows this is what happened.

Please do not use the Bible to support the Bible, either, okay. If one does, it only shows that they haven't done any research at all.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And what was written in the gospel records, the letters of Paul, and the epistles, are all based on Yahowshua's teachings.

Prove it.

Again - the writings of men can not define an unknown "God".
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Therefore, I think it's a tad foolish to only accept verses that either, say "And Jesus said," or are supposed to be directly from Yahowshua himself.

And I find it even with more foolishishness, for one to say they believe in Jesus, but only accept a small portion of his teachings, as most of Christianity and Jewish Messiahism has.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>In conclusion, if Paul wrote...
"Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:8-10...then, we should look beyond the words and heed the message.

You are speaking of Self.

No religion is required to achieve this.

And no writings by any man can accomplish what you just stated is required of one's mind.

You place too much weight on the words of men.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Especially if they don't contradict what Yahowshua taught.
But they do. I've posted on Topix many times that shows you are incorrect in your perception.

BTW - Interpretaion is perception and perception is Self.

No religion is required to have this glorious entity achieve its goal - to be part of the "kingdom of God" again.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30303 Mar 15, 2013
I'm sorry. If you had posted something that was helpful to the world and I missed it, please repost.
FYI - I have read some of your posts, but preaching non-stop quotes is something I prefer to skip over. If I wanted to re-read the Bible again and again or compare it with every so-called interpretation made by internet posters of the text, I will - on my own time, and not because someone on the internet thinks a certain cherry-picked passage has merit all by itself.
Your ability to keep a discussion cordial is astounding! Is the leadership you're offering?
In fact I've chosen not to read it anymore, butonly use it as a reference to show so-called "Christians" where they have failed at understanding the texts they present.
I'm not associated with any denomination of Christendom. My religion is Mashiyachiym.
I just find it hard to give "Paul" superior creedance over Jesus. It would show that I think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, and since I don't, I find this to be completely ludicrous.
Then, you don't realize the intended differences of all that's written in regards to the new covenant texts. I thought I already explained that Paul's letters was, specifically, to explain and expound on the teachings of Yahowshua to a Church that received new converts every day.
Ludicrous in the manner, that 14 books by "Paul" in the NT (unconfirmed), and not one by Jesus, showing "Paul" is revered as AWESOME.
It's unfortunate that you'll only accept teachings that are penned by Yahowshua himself.
He shouldn't be, but is through the eyes of men. "Paul" preached what Jesus taught, but unfortunately men have decided to believe he taught something totally different.
I agree. And that's one of my main reasons for visiting Topix-- to reveal to people that Paul, actually, didn't contradict Yahowshua.
This is the perception that men had put forth, which has proved to be a false doctrine and dogma.
Again, I agree. But, I thought it common knowledge that if any person shares the lessons that they've been taught, that it's not the person sharing the lessons that's exalted overall, but the person from which the lessons derive.
Thanks for responding.
You're welcome.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30304 Mar 15, 2013
Unless "Gary" had died and gone to heaven, and witnessed such an event, how could he possibly know what "God" does or doesn't do.
Because, we're told, in the bible, what's expected of us. We know what will allow us, or deny us, access into the coming kingdom.
If he chooses to respond in any other way, then he is blatantly lying and trying to mislead others into his world of religion - which has already been shown that he only believes in a portion of what Jesus taught.
Perhaps, you should study more. The easiest way to determine what's the "word of 'God'" and what's not is by measuring it against the Torah and the Tanakh. If anything contradicts, then it's not the "word of 'God'." I, too, have read and studied the books that weren't considered "canonical." I'm well aware of what's canonical and what's not. As a matter of fact, I especially enjoy the books of the Apocrypha and the book called "Enoch". But, in all these cases, I've learned to eat the meat and discard of the bones.
So why even ask him.
Because, it coincides with the discussion we're having.
Don't you believe an individual can have a Near Death Experience and witness something extraordinary when they have been "clinically dead", but come back to tell their tale?
Actually, I neither, believe in so-called "near-death," nor "life-after-death" experiences. It's been proven that such "experiences" are based on life-long conditioning. And that's why a Buddhist sees what's expected based on what they've been taught, a Muslim sees what's expected based on what they've been taught, and "Christians" see what's expected based on what they've been taught.

[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader]You'll believe "Paul" and his visions, but not visions of modern men?[/QUOTE]Paul never claimed to have either, almost died, or died, when he received his vision. And Paul didn't receive a vision.
Dr. Richard Moody, in 1975, had published a landmark book that posed these questions - "Life After Life", and in it he describes similar tales that were told to him by various "everyday, regular Joes". In one account of many, he states that the individual who had "died", came upon a being, whom stated "What have you done with your life?" As you can see, this is no judgment, but a question to the deceased to answer for WHAT THEY HAD ACHIEVED, and NOT anything to do with what "God" wanted for them.
You'll love the books "Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue," by Neale Donald Walsch.
It does purpose that Christianity is a false doctrine and the men who created it, didn't know what they were talking about, and only wanted others to believe like them - the wrong way.
Perhaps, you should study more about the differences between Christianity and the apostasy. Have you noticed that every time I mention the terms "Christian" and "Christianity," I always put the term in quotes? There's a reason for that.
You are like them, because of a lack of research on your part
Says you. I've spent the last 30-years doing nothing but studying and researching religions and philosophies.
- Self.
For you to ask me such a question proves you're not paying any attention to anything I've shared with you already. That's frustrating.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30305 Mar 15, 2013
Because, we're told, in the bible, what's expected of us. We know what will allow us, or deny us, access into the coming kingdom.
Perhaps, you should study more. The easiest way to determine what's the "word of 'God'" and what's not is by measuring it against the Torah and the Tanakh. If anything contradicts, then it's not the "word of 'God'." I, too, have read and studied the books that weren't considered "canonical." I'm well aware of what's canonical and what's not. As a matter of fact, I especially enjoy the books of the Apocrypha and the book called "Enoch". But, in all these cases, I've learned to eat the meat and discard of the bones.
So why even ask him.
Because, it coincides with the discussion we're having.
Actually, I neither, believe in so-called "near-death," nor "life-after-death" experiences. It's been proven that such "experiences" are based on life-long conditioning. And that's why a Buddhist sees what's expected based on what they've been taught, a Muslim sees what's expected based on what they've been taught, and "Christians" see what's expected based on what they've been taught.
You'll believe "Paul" and his visions, but not visions of modern men?
Paul never claimed to have either, almost died, or died, when he received his vision. And Paul didn't receive a vision.
Dr. Richard Moody, in 1975, had published a landmark book that posed these questions - "Life After Life", and in it he describes similar tales that were told to him by various "everyday, regular Joes". In one account of many, he states that the individual who had "died", came upon a being, whom stated "What have you done with your life?" As you can see, this is no judgment, but a question to the deceased to answer for WHAT THEY HAD ACHIEVED, and NOT anything to do with what "God" wanted for them.
You'll love the books "Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue," by Neale Donald Walsch.
Perhaps, you should study more about the differences between Christianity and the apostasy. Have you noticed that every time I mention the terms "Christian" and "Christianity," I always put the term in quotes? There's a reason for that.
You are like them, because of a lack of research on your part
Says you. I've spent the last 30-years doing nothing but studying and researching religions and philosophies.
- Self.
For you to ask me such a question proves you're not paying any attention to anything I've shared with you already. That's frustrating.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30306 Mar 15, 2013
False conclusion. In fact, this is untrue altogether.

The Bible - written by fallible men and besides this important fact, Jesus never wrote anythign down, so all of "his teachings" are actually second hand sources, which we all know, causes the reliability to decrease.
In a way, I agree. But, let me explain.

First, the original authors were inspired. This means that they were told what to write. Now, the translators, on the other hand, were not. Because of this, we've no choice but to learn Hebrew, Chaldean, and Greek, in order to understand the actual interpretation of what's written.
Of course, unless you have been indoctrinated into the religion, without researching the data fully, in which it appears you haven't.
I haven't been affiliated with any denomination of Christendom since I was, maybe, 11-years old. I began my studies and research at the age of 14. Almost 30 years later, I'm still studying.
Why do you reject most of what Jesus taught that wasn't included in the Bible? Why do you accept what is in the Bible, even when it doesn't contain all of the teachings of Jesus.
Because the sources are questionable. In the meantime, I find that which is already in what we call "the bible" adequate.
BTW - your belief in Jewish Messiahism is unfounded.
How so? Even the present-day. so-called "Jews" await a Messiah, so...
Jesus - portrayed as a "redeemed redeemer" is actually a product of the ancient Persian culture and their beliefs.
And there's a reason for this. The light had to shine from the darkness.
Making it a Jewish origin is inaccurate and misleading.
Actually, the ancient accounts are based on, believe it or not, theft and forgery.
This book - large as it is, contains some very helpful information related to this.

"Gnostic Philosophy: From Ancient Persia to Modern Times" by
Tobias Churton
I'm a fan of reading. Thanks for the suggestion.
Jewish history dictates otherwise.
Consider the source-- a nation that didn't feel they needed a spiritual savior to begin with and believed that they're Messiah, rather than atoning the nation, would usher in the promised kingdom. Then, read "The Thirteenth Tribe," by Arthur Koestler.
You'll have to provide evidence to support your case. What evidence do you have that shows this is what happened.

Please do not use the Bible to support the Bible, either, okay. If one does, it only shows that they haven't done any research at all.
Everyone adhering or in opposition should provide evidence. Nevertheless, the one thing that people that oppose the bible tend to overlook is the simple fact that even though the bible is one book, it's still one book consisting of many books, written by many authors. I think it's foolish to dismiss supposed "evidence" when people use a verse or two from, say, Isaiah to prove a precept written by Timothy.

Part II next...

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30307 Mar 15, 2013

Everyone adhering or in opposition should provide evidence. Nevertheless, the one thing that people that oppose the bible tend to overlook is the simple fact that even though the bible is one book, it's still one book consisting of many books, written by many authors. I think it's foolish to dismiss supposed "evidence" when people use a verse or two from, say, Isaiah to prove a precept written by Timothy.
Prove it.

Again - the writings of men can not define an unknown "God".
It's a shame that you believe that the one that created us can't be known. I believe otherwise.
And I find it even with more foolishishness, for one to say they believe in Jesus, but only accept a small portion of his teachings, as most of Christianity and Jewish Messiahism has.
You're entitled to disagree, but I've learned more from the bible than any other book I've read. And that includes the concept of "Self." However, our beliefs of "Self" differ, and I'll explain how in a little bit.
You are speaking of Self.

No religion is required to achieve this.

And no writings by any man can accomplish what you just stated is required of one's mind.

You place too much weight on the words of men.
And everything you believe are based on original thought? That's impressive considering that original thought is almost non-existent these days. "Self" is inadequate without a proper definition.
But they do. I've posted on Topix many times that shows you are incorrect in your perception.

BTW - Interpretaion is perception and perception is Self.

No religion is required to have this glorious entity achieve its goal - to be part of the "kingdom of God" again.
Religion, no. But, the bible, yes.

There're two sides to this coin. On one side, we have "Self" that separates. On the other, we have "Self" that unites. The bible encourages re-membering of "Self" with all.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30309 Mar 16, 2013
Does anybody read these long posts?

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30310 Mar 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Does anybody read these long posts?
It all depends.

If I return to the thread and find that I've fell behind by like, 5 or more pages, then I'll only skim through the posts that aren't addressed to me. And even when they're addressed to me, a lot depends on how reader-friendly the post is. Especially if the post looks like a majority of the "Character" count is used, I don't like to have to decipher what I'm reading, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 49 min Insider 81,276
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 1 hr Johnny 47
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 1 hr Johnny 56
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Johnny 448,459
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr URineIdiot 701,951
Gay snap eh 5 hr Vet 15
"I thought me & you was down like stocking caps... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr River Tam 995,884