What Your Church Won't Tell You by Da...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#30239 Mar 13, 2013
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
2- I found out that one can know a great deal of the Bible and still not be saved because much of what they know is only on an intelectual reason it has never been made real to them by the Spirit of God thus they can change foundational doctrine this is why God warns us in these days I believe that there will be a great falling away from sound doctrine, 2 Tim. 4:1-6.
How do you know this?

Did "God" tell you this personally?

Where you present when those "intellects" died?

Please stop misleading others with unfounded claims.
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
These dear people will not endure and the word of God tells us only those that endure unto the end the same shall be saved. Those are only the true believers. Matthew 24:13.
Speaking for "God" is blasphemy.

Please cite the specific "God" quote that states what you have.

Please do not use anyone except "God" in conveying this. Your only exception would be a specific quote by Jesus. That means, nothing by "Paul".

Okay?

I'll wait.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#30240 Mar 13, 2013
Gary wrote:
When I was in the [free will do it your self have it your way self help gospel] I was offended when one would share with me that you cannot do anything to get your self saved it is all the work of God that anyone can believe in Him, John 6:29, to believe is the same as to have faith and faith must come from the Spirrit of God it is one of the fuits of the Spirit of God, Gal. 5:22-23.
I've no choice but to acknowledge the division you create between the two of us. What you asserted, above, proves this.

It's become painfully obvious to me that you'd rather disregard any assertions and alternate interpretations made in order to hold fast to your own beliefs without even a thought toward considering the information provided by others. And apparently, you refuse to even show me the common decency of addressing my assertions to help me understand why you disagree. In saying that, I think it'll be appropriate to re-post my previous posts and hope you'll show me such consideration this time.

Until next time, Gary.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30241 Mar 13, 2013
Gary. I mean not to offend you, at all. But, you're still misinterpreting what's written. And we've been over this countless times. Please and if you will, Gary, focus on the verses at hand.

John 6:28-29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

The "work of God" mentioned by our anointed Savior is not a work that's performed by "God." When we read the account in context, The "work of God" is the work that "God" expects of us. The New Living Translation words John 6:29 as such: "Jesus told them,'This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent'." The Weymouth New Testament words it as such: "'This,' replied Jesus,'is above all the thing that God requires--that you should be believers in Him whom He has sent'." In conclusion, "God" doesn't cause anyone to believe in His Son against their will.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is...faith.

In this verse, faith is a fruit, or result, of the Spirit. What we have to understand, though, is what this Spirit is. To begin to understand this, we must accept that the Greek term for "Spirit" is "PNEUMA." So, in essense, Galatians 5:22 can be read, "But the fruit of the PNEUMA is...faith." Now, pay close attention to the following verses, please and if you will.

John 6:63 says, "It is the PNEUMA that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are PNEUMA, and they are life.

You'll notice that our anointed Savior associated life and the Spirit, or PNEUMA, to his words. Then, it's written...

Isaiah 1:10
Hear the word of the LORD...give ear unto the law of our God.

As we can see, the "word" is used as a synonym for "God's" law, and likewise the "law" as a synonym with His "word." So, now, to reiterate John 6:63...

"It is the PNEUMA that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the [law] that I speak unto you, they are PNEUMA, and they are life."

Then, we have Psalm 119:50 that says, "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

In this case, we see how His "word" quickens. And as it's written, the "word" is also His "law." So, in this, we can reiterate John 6:63 to read...

"It is the [law] that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the [law] that I speak unto you, they are [law], and they are life." And this coincides with Leviticus 18:5. This says, "Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD." It all connects perfectly, Gary. Now...

As to Romans 9:11-24, it's a must that we understand Paul's point from the perspective of the context. As we read Paul's letter, we realize that Paul was explaining Israel's history, "God's" overall intention, and Israel's part in "God's" overall intention. Paul was not speaking about mankind in general, but about specific individuals and people. At that point in history, too, "God" interacted with us and intervened when necessary. In conclusion, Paul's point was how none can foil "God's" overall plan.

Ephesians 1:4-5
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself.

1) He "chose" us at Genesis 3:15, when the first prophecy of our anointed Savior was pronounced.

2) "..before the foundation of the world," means before Israel was founded. Isaiah 45:17 calls Israel His "world without end."

3) And the elect are those "predestinated," which are 144,000. It's written, "..the 144,000, which were redeemed from the earth...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."

Where am I wrong, Gary?

Until next time.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#30242 Mar 13, 2013
@Gary

Part II

In this verse, faith is a fruit, or result, of the Spirit. What we have to understand, though, is what this Spirit is. To begin to understand this, we must accept that the Greek term for "Spirit" is "PNEUMA." So, in essense, Galatians 5:22 can be read, "But the fruit of the PNEUMA is...faith." Now, pay close attention to the following verses, please and if you will.

John 6:63 says, "It is the PNEUMA that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are PNEUMA, and they are life.

You'll notice that our anointed Savior associated life and the Spirit, or PNEUMA, to his words. Then, it's written...

As we can see, the "word" is used as a synonym for "God's" law, and likewise the "law" as a synonym with His "word." So, now, to reiterate John 6:63...

"It is the PNEUMA that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the [law] that I speak unto you, they are PNEUMA, and they are life."

Then, we have Psalm 119:50 that says, "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

In this case, we see how His "word" quickens. And as it's written, the "word" is also His "law." So, in this, we can reiterate John 6:63 to read...

"It is the [law] that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the [law] that I speak unto you, they are [law], and they are life." And this coincides with Leviticus 18:5. This says, "Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD."

It all connects perfectly, Gary. So, in conclusion, we receive faith as we study, learn, and apply, the law. Reiterated, Galatians 5:22 says, "But the fruit," or result, "of the [law] is...faith." And this is why it's written at Deuteronomy 28:1-2, "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." And what are the two main blessings? Are they not everlasting life in His kingdom? And considering that everlasting life and His kingdom are still a future occurrence, does this not coincide with Hebrews 11:1? "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," wrote the author.

Where am I wrong, Gary? Is this not comparing spiritual with spiritual?

Until next time.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30243 Mar 14, 2013
Hi New:

I am sorry but I never said Paul was more enlightened than Jesus. I believe Jesus never ceased to be God in fact, one of His names is called Emanuel that is, God is with us.

New, I am not aware anywhere in the Bible that Jesus said , to know your self is to know the kingdom of God. Can you please show me where Jesus said those same words? Verse and chapter please. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How true.
Jesus did say (and "Paul" backs him up in this case)- "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."
Unfortunately, many other teachings by Jesus, that also have to do with this key action, has been disregarded and just "thrown away", because certain men, many centuries before you, decided that these teachings were not valid for their fledgling religion.
How false that turned out to be.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
But hey, you want to follow what men have prescribed, then you aren't doing what Jesus instructed....."to examine yourself".
Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30244 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Lee:

Concerning the word [spirit] in Gal. 5:22-23 this word [Spirit] is refering to without any doubt tothe Spirit that comes from God this is what saves one that is, God's Spirit dweeling inone in the literal Greek rendering we can know when we read Gal. 5:22

"But the fruit of the Sppirit is: love, joy, peace, long-sufering, kinddness goodness, faith."

This word Spirit is from God we can know this because in 1 Cor. 13 the same wording is used that produces the fruit of God.

1- We can know this is of God because love is of God this is what comes from God or His Spirit as the same wording right from the beginning

"And theearth being without form and emty, and darkness on the face of the deep, and the SPIRIT of God moving gently on the face of the waters." Gen. 1:2 We can know that this word Spirit] is also the same meaning as in John 4:23.

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in SPIRIT and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him." John 4:23

Lee, this is the very same Spirit that is in Gal. 5:22 we know we cannot not muster up these fruits of God's Spirit on our own this is why they are not called the [fruit of man's spirit] no we can see they are called the fruit of the Spirit, all these fruits by the way we see Jesus had for me to say these fruits are anything less than God Himself working in the person His own fruits in that person is to deny God's working.

Lee, how could one recieve faith just by the study of the law? The scribes and pharisses did this and they were called hypocrites were they not? We can see where true saving faith comes from it comes from the Spirit of God and it is a gift of God least any man should boast we cannnot muster up saving faith Eph. 2:8-9. Gary
Brother Lee Love wrote:
@Gary
Part II
In this case, we see how His "word" quickens. And as it's written, the "word" is also His "law." So, in this, we can reiterate John 6:63 to read...[law] is...faith." And this is why it's written at Deuteronomy 28:1-2, "And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." And what are the two main blessings? Are they not everlasting life in His kingdom? And considering that everlasting life and His kingdom are still a future occurrence, does this not coincide with Hebrews 11:1? "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen," wrote the author.
Where am I wrong, Gary? Is this not comparing spiritual with spiritual?
Until next time.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30245 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Lee:

Sorry I was short on space in my last post. Gary
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Gary. I mean not to offend you, at all. But, you're still misinterpreting what's written. And we've been over this countless times. Please and if you will, Gary, focus on the verses at hand.
John 6:28-29
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
The "work of God" mentioned by our anointed Savior is not a work that's performed by "God." When we read the account in context, The "work of God" is the work that "God" expects of us. The New Living Translation words John 6:29 as such: "Jesus told them,'This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent'." The Weymouth New Testament words it as such: "'This,' replied Jesus,'is above all the thing that God requires--that you should be believers in Him whom He has sent'." In conclusion, "God" doesn't cause anyone to believe in His Son against their will.
"It is the [law] that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the [law] that I speak unto you, they are [law], and they are life." And this coincides with Leviticus 18:5. This says, "Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD." It all connects perfectly, Gary. Now...
As to Romans 9:11-24, it's a must that we understand Paul's point from the perspective of the context. As we read Paul's letter, we realize that Paul was explaining Israel's history, "God's" overall intention, and Israel's part in "God's" overall intention. Paul was not speaking about mankind in general, but about specific individuals and people. At that point in history, too, "God" interacted with us and intervened when necessary. In conclusion, Paul's point was how none can foil "God's" overall plan.
Ephesians 1:4-5
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself.
1) He "chose" us at Genesis 3:15, when the first prophecy of our anointed Savior was pronounced.
2) "..before the foundation of the world," means before Israel was founded. Isaiah 45:17 calls Israel His "world without end."
3) And the elect are those "predestinated," which are 144,000. It's written, "..the 144,000, which were redeemed from the earth...These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb."
Where am I wrong, Gary?
Until next time.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30246 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Lee:

Lee, if saving faith came by reading or the keeping of the law then why would there be a new covenat? The law came into effect to show makind kind that they were in dire need of a Savior the law was a school master the Bible tells us to show that we cannot keep the law perfectly Paul spoke under the inspiration of the Spirit of God in great detail concerning this in Hebrews.

Now when we look that faith cannot be the study of the law or the keeping of the law but saving faith must come from God as a gift to the one God saves least any man should boast. You see we all like to boast at times before one is saved he will boast in his salvation because it was built on something he has done. This is why God tells us that faith is the gift of God we cannot earn this faith as Eph. 2:8-9 declares.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith: and NOT OF YOYRSELVES it is a GIGT OF GOD: Not of works, least any man should boast."

You see Lee, when I found out that both the grace and the faith are both a gift of God it started to fall into place that it had nothing to do with what I have done, if it was it was no longer grace but of works and we know from the word it is not from the works of righteousness which we have done but by His mercy. The word [grace] also means unmerrited favor] it is freely bestowed on the person God sheds His grace on and the faith to believe must come from the work of God we know this very clear by what Jesus said when He said,

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, This is THE WORK OF GOD THAT YOU BELIEVE ON HIM whom He hath sent." John 6:29

So when I found this truth out I found out it was all the mercy grace, and love of God that gave me faith to believe as a gift of God least I should bost. Lee, this is what I have been doing in the past when I was in the [free will do it your self help gospel] I found out it was all built on what I have done not what God had done this is why I also would have said at that time faith comes by doing this or that but never would I have said saving faith only comes by what God has done there is nothing I can do that can save me least I should boast. No, I wanted a gospel that was tailored made around me this is why this do it your self have it your way gospel is so popular because it catered to me Lee, I loved it because I could pat myself on the back and say, see what I have done I lead 5 people to the Lord today, I went door to do, I helped out this person, I, I, ME, ME, You see Lee, this gospel was a home made gospel that was built on the same spirit when Satan said the five [I WILL'S[ in Isa. 14, However, God tells us that He alone will have mercy on whom He will and He will have compasion on whom He will so IT IS NOT OF HIM THAT WILLETH,,,Romans 9:15-16.

So you see I knew it was not my will that saved me it was a false foundation I had that was all built on [self] ME, ME, I, I. This is why Jesus tells us that you have not chosen me but I have chosen you and have odained you that you should go forth and bear MUCH FRUIT. John 15:16.
You see Lee, this word [chosen] has to do with God doing all the work thus He gets all the glory. Lee, we also see in this verse Jesus saying he has to [ordain] us this word [ordain] is the same meaning as [called] He has to call us and He is the one that will produce MUCH FRUIT and this is the SAME FRUIT we see in, Gal. 5:22-23. THE FRUIT of the Spirit. Lee, when I started to put all this together I knew I was not saved I had a do it your self have it your way self help gospel that was all built on what I HAVE DONE. When I went back to the church and told them I was not saved they said, no, no, your saved they were strong on this issue and I found out why, I was a miror with all those verses I shared and they thought if he is not saved then maybe I am not also? No, no, this cannot be! The true gospel I found out truly convicts and humbles one. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30247 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Lee:

I am truly sorry if you feel I am not explaining to you what your points that you have made. However, you asked me where are you wrong?

I do not want to point out your faults or errors all this does is inflame a person and in their flesh they want to lash back this is why when I read some posts I can see that some are acting out in the flesh and I would rather just speak about my short coming and my error sharing where I was wrong. Lee, maybe you can relate because I have been in your shoes so to speak concerning what saving faith meant at one time. I know it is hard if one has not seen the same things I have found.

Lee, if you will look at most sites and all I can see is bikering, slander, hate, scoffing, and such if they want to show this kind of action so be it. However, for me I want to show the fragrance of Christ alone, I do not want to offend you in any way but I do know when I share the word with some they will be offended just because they hold to a differnt gospel than I may hold. I still love those that disagree with me and I pray that we may be one as Christ is one with His Father. So, I am truly sorry if I did not answer your question the way you think I should have. I have tried my best I believe to share with you showing to you I undestand full well where you are coming from but instead of pointing to you I rather point out my own faults and past errors so maybe it will halp answer some of your questions also.

Lee, I have seen when I have been to up-front in the past and coming out with why this person I believe is in error I no longer do this I believe I tried to make myself very clear here when I said, I no longer believe in any defence or any attack. What this means is, I will not attack you by saying your wrong because,,, nor will I defend myself if anyone attacks me if they feel that they want to I cannot stop them. Lee, I leave all this to the Lord. All that I can do in love is show the truth as faithfully as possible this is what I believe I have been trying to do with you and all here. I appologize up-front for my short coming I did not mean to be short with you. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've no choice but to acknowledge the division you create between the two of us. What you asserted, above, proves this.
It's become painfully obvious to me that you'd rather disregard any assertions and alternate interpretations made in order to hold fast to your own beliefs without even a thought toward considering the information provided by others. And apparently, you refuse to even show me the common decency of addressing my assertions to help me understand why you disagree. In saying that, I think it'll be appropriate to re-post my previous posts and hope you'll show me such consideration this time.
Until next time, Gary.

Albuquerque, NM

#30248 Mar 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
I am sorry but I never said Paul was more enlightened than Jesus. I believe Jesus never ceased to be God in fact, one of His names is called Emanuel that is, God is with us.
New, I am not aware anywhere in the Bible that Jesus said , to know your self is to know the kingdom of God. Can you please show me where Jesus said those same words? Verse and chapter please. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
<quoted text>

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

....not canonical, but still teachigns by Jesus you should be utilizing, unless you think those men in 325 CE have the ability to discern what is "God inspired" and what is not?
- if you accept these men, then you have not accepted all of Jesus, thus you believe men over Jesus.
- If you can quote "Paul" extensively, why can you not quote Jesus extensively for those same topics you utilize "Paul" for?
+ If "Paul" wasn't more enlightened han Jesus, then you would also find more teachings by Jesus in the NT than there is.

Do you believe men over Jesus?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30252 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Waste:

We have to remember that whatever Jesus spoke was all God breated it was the very word of God. Jesus spoke what the Father wanted Him to say. Now you are correct that there has been plenty of things Jesus spoke of that was not put in the Bible God only wanted what is in the word to be there, this is why when we come to the end of the book [the Bible] God warns us now that if anyone adds or takes away from the words that are written in this book [the Bible] the same judgments that are written in this book shall be added unto him, read Rev. 22:18-19.

We know that since Jesus never ceased to be God we know God wanted only what we have now that makes up the whole of the Bible. God made sure His word would have been protected and preserved, because He is God this is not to hard for God to do this at all, God who had brought this world into being by the power of His word. The more I read the word of God the more I see the cohesiveness and harmony in the word and how it is in complete harmony with all the books [66] that make up the Bible there is really only one author and that is God Himself for Holy men of God spoke as God the Holy Spirit moved them. We can see when God wanted His word to be written in a book He told Jerimiah for example in, Jer. 36:1-2 God told Jerimiah to write it in a book.

When mankind thinks that they are wiswer than God Almighty they will take it upon themselves and come up with their own views apart from the word of God this is the problem many get into. Take for example, many teach that this world is billions of years old. However, they never take the word of God into account here they lose their footing because they do not take the flood account into their understanding and much more this has changed the world. We also know way before some people came up with the view that this land mass was once a whole land mass. They would have seen this to be true much sooner if they would had taken the word of God into account. The Bible declares that in the days of Peleg the lands were seperated, if we look at a globe we can see that they fit together like a piece of a puzel, sad to say many could have learned a great deal about this world if they took into acount the word of God. However, mankind in theor pride believe they are wiser than the true and living God so they come up with their [therories] in how it all started and how man kind started, they like to make a monkey out of us all but we did not come from the monkey or from the sea but from God. Mankind in their rebelion will come up with many inventions that they soon find out they have to change them again and again. This is why mankind is in a dire need of a Saviour to save them from their own sins as we all have fallen short of we are all in the same boat exuse the pund. Mankind in their rebelion do not want to think about the [sin issue] this would mean they would have to deal with God. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
But how do we know what was meant by the Scribe passages? Think of all the possibilities here. Scribes made mistakes because they sometimes were not mindful of what they were doing and the work was monotonous. Scribes only wrote what was already written. Jesus is said to have rolled up the scroll and spoke from his heart instead of repeating that which had been taught by rote. Could he have been asking us to reflect more rather than being superficial and repeating that which has become mundane and thoughtless? Think about it. What was meant?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30253 Mar 14, 2013
Hi New:

Yes, I believe Jesus over any man because Jesus is my Savior and God tells us that there is no Saviour but God. Jesus is called Emanuel meaning God with us. Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and He is the only life, there is no oother name under heaven given among man whereby we must be saved. Without Jesus there is no hope for eteral life for He is life it's self. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
(3) Jesus says:
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
....not canonical, but still teachigns by Jesus you should be utilizing, unless you think those men in 325 CE have the ability to discern what is "God inspired" and what is not?
- if you accept these men, then you have not accepted all of Jesus, thus you believe men over Jesus.
- If you can quote "Paul" extensively, why can you not quote Jesus extensively for those same topics you utilize "Paul" for?
+ If "Paul" wasn't more enlightened han Jesus, then you would also find more teachings by Jesus in the NT than there is.

Albuquerque, NM

#30254 Mar 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Waste:
We have to remember that whatever Jesus spoke was all God breated it was the very word of God. Jesus spoke what the Father wanted Him to say.
Then why don't you believe and utilize the non-canonical texts that contain additional teachigns by Jesus.

You are starting to sound very hypocritical in your speak.

Albuquerque, NM

#30255 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
(3) Jesus says:
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
Yes, I believe Jesus over any man because Jesus is my Savior and God tells us that there is no Saviour but God. Jesus is called Emanuel meaning God with us. Jesus is the only way, the only truth, and He is the only life, there is no oother name under heaven given among man whereby we must be saved. Without Jesus there is no hope for eteral life for He is life it's self. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you if you believe Jesus over man, I asked "why do you believe men over Jesus?" considering you aren't taught many of Jesus' teachings.

If one was honest with theirself, they would admit that they do believe what men have given them for their belief.

If one was honest with theirself, they would admit that they do not follow all of what Jesus taught.

If one was honest with theirself, they would admit that they only express certain texts are "God inspired" or "God breathed", because other men did.

So why do you follow men?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30256 Mar 14, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
listening or read gary posts,they allow you look at more deeper independently to search Gods Word
BLL only try to force his understanding and infaliable interpreation of Scripture,claiming that his greek,hebrew and 31 years reading Bible CAN LEAD PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO THE GOD
BLL forget one simple thing that Joh 14;6....spoken by Jesus Word..point only to ONE WAY, ONE TRUTH,ONE GATE TO G-D YAHVEH WHO IS JESUS CHRIST NOT BLL
have nice day, I have no time, and don't want to interupty yours and gary biblical discussions
May God bless all of you
BLL?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#30257 Mar 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi Waste:
We have to remember that whatever Jesus spoke was all God breated it was the very word of God. Jesus spoke what the Father wanted Him to say. Now you are correct that there has been plenty of things Jesus spoke of that was not put in the Bible God only wanted what is in the word to be there, this is why when we come to the end of the book [the Bible] God warns us now that if anyone adds or takes away from the words that are written in this book [the Bible] the same judgments that are written in this book shall be added unto him, read Rev. 22:18-19.
We know that since Jesus never ceased to be God we know God wanted only what we have now that makes up the whole of the Bible. God made sure His word would have been protected and preserved, because He is God this is not to hard for God to do this at all, God who had brought this world into being by the power of His word. The more I read the word of God the more I see the cohesiveness and harmony in the word and how it is in complete harmony with all the books [66] that make up the Bible there is really only one author and that is God Himself for Holy men of God spoke as God the Holy Spirit moved them. We can see when God wanted His word to be written in a book He told Jerimiah for example in, Jer. 36:1-2 God told Jerimiah to write it in a book.
When mankind thinks that they are wiswer than God Almighty they will take it upon themselves and come up with their own views apart from the word of God this is the problem many get into. Take for example, many teach that this world is billions of years old. However, they never take the word of God into account here they lose their footing because they do not take the flood account into their understanding and much more this has changed the world. We also know way before some people came up with the view that this land mass was once a whole land mass. They would have seen this to be true much sooner if they would had taken the word of God into account. The Bible declares that in the days of Peleg the lands were seperated, if we look at a globe we can see that they fit together like a piece of a puzel, sad to say many could have learned a great deal about this world if they took into acount the word of God. However, mankind in theor pride believe they are wiser than the true and living God so they come up with their [therories] in how it all started and how man kind started, they like to make a monkey out of us all but we did not come from the monkey or from the sea but from God. Mankind in their rebelion will come up with many inventions that they soon find out they have to change them again and again. This is why mankind is in a dire need of a Saviour to save them from their own sins as we all have fallen short of we are all in the same boat exuse the pund. Mankind in their rebelion do not want to think about the [sin issue] this would mean they would have to deal with God. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
You mean God breathed? Exactly what does that mean?
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30258 Mar 14, 2013
The Greek meaning for [Spirit] is Pneuma [4151] depending on the context it could have reference to the human spirit, super human or divine, God Himself or Christ Spirit or the Holy Spirit. When Jesus was at the cross he said Father, I commend my Spirit unto theee. The same thing that Stephen said also Father, I commend my Spirit unto you.

When refering to the fruits of the Spirit we can know without any doubt that this Spirit is of the Holy Spirit because this is what the Holy Spirit produces. We also know that the first fruit is love, this love is the Agape love this love is without resraint it is God's love for God is love and we can see the same fruit in this love in, 1 Cor. 13 speaking about love is not puffed up, love is long-sufering, Christ siuffereth long, is patient, is not puffed up, thinketh no evil, and so on. We can see this love that produces the fruits of the Spirit in, Gal. 5:22-23 is from the Holy Spirit it does not come from the human spirit but it is born of God's Spirit. Unsaved mankind cannot produce these fruits found in Gal. 5:22-23. When given them the true gospel they will draw back and lash back because they are an enemy of the true gospel so they truly cannot produce these fruits they can try to counterfiet them but when tested they will never endure only those who endure unto the end the same shall be saved. Thank you for your input. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
greek koine word PNEUMA
also is press or preasure under different impacts of forced preasures(Pneuma) on any subject.
for example different forces of Gods Fruits have PNEUMA diferential in 230 diferent languages,meanings,fellings, and beahaviour?
ALSO GAL 5;22-24 HAVE VERY DEEP VER WIDE UNIVERSAL DIFFERENTIAL MEANINGS OF GODS FRUITS NOT ONLY IN ENGLISH UNDERTSNADING OR AMERICAN WAY WORD"PNEUMA"
Bible was not only written for this country modern langauge,
and GODS FRUITS OS SPIRIT is not only fact understandable by american english thinkers.
thank you for previous exposing my persoanl spiritual freedom not bonded by any human authority GAL 5;1
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30259 Mar 14, 2013
Hi New:

Your question concerning where I came to the conlusion that many can learn about the truth and still not saved. Your question,

"Did God tell you this personally?"

NO, GOD NEVER SPOKE TO ME VIRBUALLY HE DOES NOT SPEAK LIKE THIS TODAY BECAUSE WE HAVE THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD WHAT HE WANTED US TO KNOW THE WHOLE BIBLE.

New, God speaks to us now by His word we call the Bible [which means book] God tells those scribes and pharisses for they are forever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. The reason why this is New is, God alone must grant one repntance to the acknowledging of the truth if not the word tells us that they will be taken captive by Satan at his will read, 2 Tim. 2:25-26. The scribes had a zeal of God the Lord tells us but not according to knowledge.

New, I think the sadest thing is this, one thinking himself saved just to find out he was snared into a do it your self have it your way self help gospel. I know for the grace of God I could have been still knee deep in this man made gospel. Only God he Holy Spirit can reveal truth to anyone of us if not we would be grouping in the dark would we not?. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Did "God" tell you this personally?
Where you present when those "intellects" died?
Please stop misleading others with unfounded claims.
<quoted text>
Speaking for "God" is blasphemy.
Please cite the specific "God" quote that states what you have.
Please do not use anyone except "God" in conveying this. Your only exception would be a specific quote by Jesus. That means, nothing by "Paul".
Okay?
I'll wait.
Gary

Buffalo, NY

#30260 Mar 14, 2013
Hi Waste:

Good question, what does it mean God breathed?

This means when God breathed on his desciples they became filled with the Holy Spirit in other words God saved them by placing His Spirit in them thus being saved by the Spirit of God. The Bible also tells us that it is God breathed meaning that the word of God is a living word what this means if God the Holy Spirit applied His word to the heart whom He will save they are saved by the power of the word and the Spirit of God Himself thus they are sealed by God unto the very day they are redeemed into heaven. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean God breathed? Exactly what does that mean?

Albuquerque, NM

#30261 Mar 14, 2013
Gary wrote:
Hi New:
Your question concerning where I came to the conlusion that many can learn about the truth and still not saved. Your question,
"Did God tell you this personally?"
NO, GOD NEVER SPOKE TO ME VIRBUALLY HE DOES NOT SPEAK LIKE THIS TODAY BECAUSE WE HAVE THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD WHAT HE WANTED US TO KNOW THE WHOLE BIBLE.
New, God speaks to us now by His word we call the Bible [which means book] God tells those scribes and pharisses for they are forever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. The reason why this is New is, God alone must grant one repntance to the acknowledging of the truth if not the word tells us that they will be taken captive by Satan at his will read, 2 Tim. 2:25-26. The scribes had a zeal of God the Lord tells us but not according to knowledge.
New, I think the sadest thing is this, one thinking himself saved just to find out he was snared into a do it your self have it your way self help gospel. I know for the grace of God I could have been still knee deep in this man made gospel. Only God he Holy Spirit can reveal truth to anyone of us if not we would be grouping in the dark would we not?. Thank you. Gary. 1 John 3:13-15.
<quoted text>
Why should your opinion have any merit? Sounds to me, you are just repeating what other men stated.

If "God" didn't tell you, how is it that you know this personally?

Why do you refute the Self, when you know that it is required for anything you do in your religious or non-religious life?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Bongo 63,282
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 618,742
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min DebraE 106,467
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 973,565
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Pad 653,608
UNICORNS In the Bible 30 min question 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min crucifiedguy 281,818
More from around the web