GE whistle-blower complaints

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#65 Feb 20, 2013
AmyMay 8/7/12 11:07AM
I am on the verge of tears in regards to how this company treats me!
I have paid off my credit card and expenses already, but they keep billing me over and over again for sum in excess of $700!! After my balance has been fully paid and I maintained a 0 balance for 2 months when all of the sudden they billed me again for $750!! For one month, I was unable to make car payments as I am a graduate student living off a small stipend. Why won't they just leave me alone???

Location hidden

#66 Feb 21, 2013
Grad Student 8/5/12 3:36PM
I was a walmart employee and got a credit card from them a long time ago. It had like a 300.00 dollar credit limit on it. Anyway, I got hurt on the job and got a settlement. Then I get a letter in the mail saying I owe them $15,000.00. I think they are in cahoots together. I have asked them to send me the last statement and they "can't." So, the customer service person I talked to asked how much thought I owed I said "no more than 500.00." But the statement I got today said that the total due was $14,222.49. The arranged amount was 500.00. I am wondering if that is going to go on my credit report as a default?

Location hidden

#67 Feb 21, 2013
Anonymous 8/3/12 3:25PM
I have a complaint about GE Capital Retail Bank and the way they manage credit cards.
I have been charge INTEREST of $2,229.40 on a principle balance of $2,759.67.
I have automatic deductions from my bank account and have always paid on time. In May, I paid on time but apparently missed some sort of 'special promotion' payoff and incurred the exhorbitant interest amount.
Following the directions of a telephone agent of the bank, I wrote GE Capitol headquarters in Florida , PAID OFF the principle in full and asked for 'forgiveness' of the unreasonable charge. They cashed the check but continued to charge me the interest...and now are charging interest on the interest.
I cannot seem to reach the right person withint the beaurocracy. I'm hoping someone sees this posting and corrects the error.

Location hidden

#68 Feb 23, 2013
Granny 8/1/12 11:16AM
Have an AE Card for several years issued through GE Card Services. A few times each year the card gets cancelled and needs to be reissued. Many times our kids have been stranded. We've called customer service repeatedly to work through the issues. Always it's a problem on their side, some breach of security. I regularly escalate to level 2 where I explain the history in detail - typically takes an hour. We've stayed because of the AE Rewards program, and I've always been a fan of GE, but the systems at GE Card Services are seriously flawed, level 2 doesn't know what to do, and level 3 doesn't return phone calls. It's not worth the time.
Makes me appreciate the time I was with Chase Visa - they have credit card processing figured out. I left because they didn't have a rewards program at the time, but I'm definitely going back.
Do yourself a favor, stay away from GE Card Services. Their systems are messed up.

Location hidden

#69 Feb 23, 2013
tseely 7/30/12 5:20PM
This does not work, I cannot seem to get a person on the phone and I am getting frustrated! Why can't I speak to a person?

Anonymous 7/30/12 11:25AM
I just received a letter stating that my account has been closed due to delinquency and overall credit score. Let me just say that I've been a cardholder since 2005, I have never once missed a payment and here is the thing... I have a balance of $0 as of about 2 months ago. That's right i make all my payments and have paid off my card in full. I was keeping the line of credit open to assist with potential vet bills but I guess that is done now. I call the customer service line, they give me the same schpeeel that the decision is final. I ask to speak with a manager because i'm getting nowhere wit this rep and she transfers me to the Samsclub rewards points program instead of an Account Manager. I'm in the process of cooling down and either calling back again or finding emails of executives and putting them on blast.

Location hidden

#70 Feb 23, 2013
Michael Sanders
former CareCredit (GE MoneyBank) card holder

General Electric sabotage http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T6MRQO07K9V2652... US News

Location hidden

#71 Feb 24, 2013
aluxaard 7/26/12 8:37AM
I have the same issue as someone else recently posted. I went online to pay my Care Credit bill a day before the due date and I couldn't log in. I used the request password option and it went in this loop of "You don't have an account. Please create one." When attempting to create a new one it says "You already have an account. Please use the lost password option" Seriously??? I tried again the next day on the due date and same issue. Not to mention the emails stating I am locked out of the account for 2 hours. Today, the day AFTER the due date everything works FINE. So I am hit with a LATE FEE. The need to FIX THEIR SYSTEM. I have similar issues EVERY month. I should NOT be paying for their inability to run and maintain a website.

Location hidden

#72 Feb 25, 2013
amanda 7/26/12 8:13AM
I had a store credit card with GE Moneybank and I was sure I had paid off the balance, but then I received a bill saying I owed them $11. I called them to get the full amount owed, including the interest, because I didn't want to keep paying interest on such a small amount. The rep told me that to pay off the balance it would $11 and some change if I just paid over the phone. I said okay. He started getting check by phone info and then quickly mumbled about a $15 phone pay fee. I said "wait wait wait. I am not paying a fee of $15 to make an $11 payment. That would be stupid.". He said he would waive the fee this time. I paid the amount. Two months later I receive a letter stating I now owe them $41. A $2 balance and a $39 late fee!!!! I called them immediately demanded a supervisor and went off. I told her I told the rep when I paid by phone that I wanted to pay the balance, why in the hell would I pay the balance minus $2?!? After about 2 hours and 2 supervisors, they finally agreed to remove the fee and put the account to a zero balance. I closed it then and will NEVER get a card that is through them again!

Location hidden

#73 Feb 27, 2013
Anonymous 7/16/12 6:06PM
GE Money Bank did something recently to their website that messed up with the access to my account. A lot of companies do it once in a while for security reasons. The difference is the other companies, or the good ones, have a GOOD costumer service.
They have someone I can talk with instead of a recording voice asking me to do exactly what I did and did not work.
When I click on the link" forgot the user name" it sends me to a loop back to where I was before and ask me the same questions.
I tried to call your costume center and there is no way to talk to someone. Again, she (the machine) asks me to do exactly the same inefficient thing that I have done before.

Location hidden

#74 Feb 27, 2013
There’s nothing sicker about this situation than the scumbag coward who criticizes these people who are financially suffering, and all some of them can do is post what crimes have been committed against them.
The executives at GE are doing it for profit, but the sicko (NFL?) who keeps posting those icons is doing it out of pure evil. Only an evil person would kick people when they’re down and can’t fight back.

Location hidden

#75 Feb 27, 2013
gustavocampos 7/12/12 12:53PM
My mother had a GE Interest Plus account, on which I am listed as a secondary account holder. She has now passed away. For six months I have been trying to remove her name from the account without success. First they wanted her signature. Um, yeah, that's not going to happen because SHE'S DEAD. Now they want a notarized affidavit stating that both she and I live at the address to which they have been mailing the statements, which is also not going to happen because I don't live at that address.
I can't change the address because I'm not the primary account holder. I can't change myself to the primary account holder because I'm not the primary account holder. Apparently, only the primary account holder can make changes to the account, and they have no system in place for when the primary account holder dies.
I've called multiple times every week for the past six months, and no one can help me. I think it's time I hired a lawyer.

Location hidden

#76 Mar 2, 2013
Anonymous 7/12/12 3:46AM
NONE of your question below apply. GE
Money Bank/GE Capital Retail Bank sent me
a zero balance. All my dealings with Lowes was by cash--?? who are these predators. Zero balance then leads to mintenece fees or fee Fees. So I sent thier letter with GE logo back to PO BOX,
there was no phone number. Letter was quite curt/nasty for shakedown artists.

Location hidden

#77 Mar 2, 2013
Srakazz 7/7/12 2:27PM
I CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT ANYMORE! I have a card with care credit, with multiple promotional balances, and since your website sucks I can no longer view my bills or see what I owe on what balance to avoid finance charges. As soon as I get into my account and click on ANY link, whether it be Promotional Balances, View Statements, or E-billing enrollment, the website kicks me out. I've tried 4 different Browsers (ie, chrome, firefox, safari) and none of them work. I've called, and been told that they CAN'T change my account to send me paper bills, I have to do that through the website. The only "solution" they've offered was running IE in compatibility mode... WHICH DOESNT WORK! I'm fed up. I'm not going to pay finance charges because your updated website SUCKS. Please fix this!

Location hidden

#78 Mar 3, 2013
nvlala 7/6/12 9:43AM
It appears that since the various credit cards held by one account holder were merged to be accessed under one user name/password, the site itself has had a meltdown. I have all of my log-in, password information stored and have been unable to log-in due to invalid password. I too got the 'lockout, wait two hours' e-mail. I actually didn't try again until the following day and when I took the recommended 'forgot password' path, I was asked my mothers city of birth security question....guess what.....it says I'm giving the wrong answer. So....my user name is correct as entered, my passwork is correct as entered and my mothers city of birth is corrected as entered but the site is advising that it all are incorrect. I did call and make my payment over the phone but this needs to be fixed as soon as possible, had I incurred any fees as a result of this issue, I would have been obligated to follow up with the appropriate authorities.

Location hidden

#79 Mar 3, 2013
Mizmaire 7/2/12 11:34AM
This company is rediculous. They run credit cards for various companies including paypal. Customer service is nonexistent and they do weird unauthorized things to accounts. What a sad state of affairs. Stay clear.. Stay away!!!!!!

Location hidden

#80 Mar 3, 2013
RSKIowa 6/30/12 7:40AM
Round 2 of headaches dealing with this company. First go-around, made final payment on Care Credit before interest kicked in - got a confirmation number, but the payment never processed and they said there was nothing they could do. Thus, ended up with a hefty interest bill that is still being paid off...NOW my bank mailed them a check with an account cancellation form - they applied the payment to an account other than mine and have tacked on late payment fees to my account - AND have said they never received a payment from my bank and have no idea where the payment I'm talking about may have been applied. Can I get a huge WTF!!!
XYZ

United States

#81 Mar 3, 2013
hey Protestor anything about Evil US Monsanto?

Location hidden

#82 Mar 4, 2013
Be sure to send me the link when you get that going.
I'm going after those who came after me, and some who just deserve to be exposed, but
1. I only have a limited amount of time
2. If the victims of other companies don't have the guts to speak out, then they deserve to continue to be victimized.

Location hidden

#83 Mar 4, 2013
People: Ignore the psycho-Nazi who posts the same 3 idiot icons on every complaint. He does that because he can't read and just loves corporations that damage the earth and its people.

Republican morons can’t stand it when victims expose the damage caused by their greed and corporate treason. I’m sure it voted for Bush treason, warmongering, and brain-numbing stupidity.
Like other Nazis, they want their victims silenced, whether it means denying free speech online or forcing the homeless to die out of sight in complete misery and suffering.
Nazis are the same everywhere.

Location hidden

#84 Mar 4, 2013
(next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Joe Fortuna 63,124
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 4 min gundee123 792
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min another viewer 973,513
Straight/Gay Question 18 min Help 8
The REAL reason the world trade center was dest... (Apr '15) 27 min Johnny 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min Regina 653,553
Jokes About The Crew !!!!!! (Oct '10) 39 min andet1987 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,730
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web