GE whistle-blower complaints

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#43 Jan 25, 2013
Lkepics 8/24/12 8:00AM
So, my father had a loan through GE for a Motorcycle he had purchased in 2005. He passed away last year and I was unaware the title still had a lien on it, so I let it sit through the winter while I dealt with other matters. Come spring, I finally learn about it, and boy do I regret it.
I sent in a copy of the death certificate, which they had to "verify" with one of their departments because my father had filed bankruptcy a few years back. This process should ONLY take 30-45 days (really GE?). Funny thing is, I called them after the 45 day period and they had no record of my father's death or of even receiving the death certificate.
Once that was sorted out, I informed them that I was handling his affairs. There was no estate, as his assets had not even come close to the required amount, and I did not need to officially be named executor. Technically speaking, I could have done absolutely nothing... I should have done just that.
I learned from my lawyer that I could pay of the lien and get the title in my name. So, I did just that. I mailed a check in near the end of July of this year. It has been cashed by GE, according to my bank (which I have sent a copy of this in to GE, but who knows if they ever "received" it or if they "misplaced" it). Of course, according to GE they don't have any records of getting the check.
Oh, and after I paid them a new problem magically arose. Apparently they needed some sort of "proof" that I am the one handling my father's affairs (but since there is no need for an executor, there really isn't any proof). I honestly don't see why they even care at this point. They have their money (and they know it). It's not like I have an account with these thieves.
I'm usually a calm person, but when talking to these people I quickly become frustrated. I'm going to attempt to sort this out with them in the next few days, as they should have received the photocopy of the check by now. If not, i'll have to get my lawyer involved. This is a load of crap. These people are criminals.

Location hidden

#44 Jan 29, 2013
Solis 8/22/12 1:44AM
I've previously written a negative comment (Melissa 8/15/2012) and a positive comment (Melissa 8/17/2012) when the issue was supposedly dealt with. My complaint is that I made a payment on my account that showed up as an "adjustment" and not as a credit. This adjustment was added to our total as if another purchase. We did not purchase anything. On August 17th, I received a call from a customer service agent who shared that she would issue a cheque for the credit on the account (which is to be expected if our 'adjustment' was truly applied as a credit as it should be). At this time, we closed our account at our request with instructions that this credit cheque be mailed out to us.
Today in the mail I received 2 letters from GE Capitol, both dated August 3rd. The first says simply: "we would like to resolve your inquiry; however we need additional information and are unable to determine the exact nature of your request." If you read my previous review, you will see that we had already faxed a letter and bank statements showing the cashed cheques to the finance department. What more information could they need?
The second letter, also dated August 3 shared "We received your payment in the amount of $x and applied it to your account on 05/11/2012 On 05/29/2012 (the date of our second cheque processed) the payment was returned and unpaid by your bank therefore the payment was reversed and associated fees were charged to your account." Correct me if I'm wrong, but a cheque, once processed, is not possible to be cancelled or returned. And in the event the cheque couldn't have been cashed initially (which wasn't true in this case), the bank would have notified us with an NSF charge, and GE Capital wouldn't have been able to process any money.
In speaking with an customer service representative (who only reached us because of this site), it appeared that on August 6th - 3 days after both of the letters - the amount in question was indeed discovered to have been processed by GE Capital and was credited to our account.
All of this is just further proof that the finance department at GE Capital really has no idea what they're doing. It's ludicrous to think that people who can't do simple addition and subtraction are responsible for thousands of dollars per customer per day. After my experience, I certainly hope that all customers are as diligent and determined as I have been through this process. I will be counting down days until we receive our credit cheque, and don't plan on unbookmarking this site until I do.

Location hidden

#45 Feb 1, 2013
Melissa 8/21/12 6:53PM
Walmart Credit card. Need I say more? Got it two years ago. Always paid at least triple the monthly minimum. This card was a valuable source for me to purchase grocery's and then pay it nearly off each month. I was a faithful, responsible, paying consumer.
A year ago my mother was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. The cost of care was extreme. There was no way to avoid it. I crunched every number available to me to make ends meet while trying to focus on what was happening with her. There was no way I could cover every thing. Unfortunately I missed 2 months payments on the card. I had no choice and hated it. I was not running from it. I knew in the months to come I'd have to make this completely right before it got too out of hand.
I was stunned within the first 30 days of delinquency I was getting hammered with phone calls from the accounting department. I explained my situation and was threatened with having to pay the entire line of credit completely off all at once. No sympathy or empathy. This harassment went on for two months. The third month I decided I'd just degrade myself and beg friends for food and gas money and pay this growing bill off. All while watching my mother die in front of my eye's.
I called in the huge payment. Again explained the delinquency and asked what they do in emergency situations like mine. They said they could lower the minimum but not in my case since the over due amount plus applicable late charges needed to be paid. Translation: We don't give a damn if you are bleeding on the side of the road gasping for air. Give us the money NOW! So I paid it all off.
What did they do? Oh they took the huge payment to bring the account up past delinquent and then they shut the account down and reported it month after month as an account closed for a bad history of delinquency. No consideration for payment and zero consideration for the reason why it went delinquent. I even offered proof of our situation as it's understandable that some do lie. Our situation was the american nightmare happening all at once.
For one year now I have been on time and faithful making payments on a line of credit from this card that I'm no longer allowed to use and to a company that continues to pulverize my credit rating. For two months delinquency during the worst time of my life and here's the real shocker. The total minimum due without adding late fee's was a whopping 50.00. By the time I paid on the 3rd month I'd paid 250.00. I put up with daily calls, harassment, and flat out lies from this company all while going through emotional hell.
I don't trust credit card company's like this. They brutalize the consumer's credit score even after making restitution knowing they can and so fast ( after only two missed payments and then complete fulfillment of payment by 90 days) it's like dealing with a thug loan shark. The power these company's have to destroy you is incredible and it's company's like this that abuse that option.
GE has made 3 hard runs on my credit in less than a year which also along with their monthly report of a closed account for bad payment history creates an additional derogatory situation on my report. My credit score is in their hands. I have no accounts in collections. I have nothing over due. My fico is oddly 622 yet all three CRA's are reporting 703,703,693 and the reason Fico states the lower is because of the derogatory comments on the account. Prior to missing the two months my score was 805. For 30 days delinquency I'm destroyed in this manner for over a year and some drunk fool who gets repeated DUI's gets a few days community service and walks free? Somethings real wrong and somethings real wrong with this company. If you hate your own guts get one of their cards. Don't ever have an emergency they'll make sure to make your nightmares even worse.
ge runin

Pittsfield, MA

#46 Feb 1, 2013

Location hidden

#47 Feb 3, 2013
Mrkallen 8/18/12 10:32PM
I have a HH Gregg card. I make a purchase about once a year on an item where they have the interest free deal. I bought a washing machine and dryer for my stepdaughter. Total for both was $920 to be interest free for 24 months.
I make my payments throught my online bill pay with a big bank. I always pay it before the due day.
It never fails. They seem to always apply one payment late and then I get the late fee. There is no lag time from the time the bank pays it to when HH Gregg/GE capital receives it. I pay on the 3rd. Due on the 4th. They post it on the 5th.
I called them screaming about the scam they have running. In fact, over the years I have had the card, there have only been 2 late payments and that is due to THEIR posting, not when I paid it.
The customer service rep said there have been 2 late payments. I told her I know and that both were reversed. This rep wasn't going to reverse it. It wasn't until I threatened legal action and that I was going to go online and look for people who have been scammed that she then reversed the late fee.
She had the nerve to tell me there is a 3-5 business day turn around time for the payment. That is a lie because I pay it the same way every month so if that were true, my payments would be late every month.
So, I will pay off washer and dryer with the next payment and get rid of them.
I also decided to get the reps name and rep number so I could complain about her lying through her teeth.

Location hidden

#48 Feb 3, 2013
Seriously 8/17/12 5:59PM
I recently had a card taken out, two accounts actually and the rep told me it was possible to link both accounts and when I authorized him to do so, he told me he had done so at my request. To find out only that after making a payment he had not done so and my account was behind, after making payments to multiple times a month!! So my account was in the hole and I was mislead by GE Capital's reps. I was so infuriated that I contacted my attorney to literally file a civil grievance with GE Capital. I am encouraging everyone to do the same!

Location hidden

#49 Feb 3, 2013
GE is literally above the law, like the corrupt bankers who created a world-wide recession, and corrupt legislators who betray us.
But WHO IS REALLY TO BLAME?
The idiot Republican masses who vote for the traitors and betray their own families because nothing is more important to them than HATRED, especially of liberals. Why? Because their worst enemies, those corrupt traitors, tell them what to think and say.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#50 Feb 3, 2013
Prostate wrote:
Seriously 8/17/12 5:59PM
So my account was in the hole and I was mislead by GE Capital's reps. I was so infuriated that I contacted my attorney to literally file a civil grievance with GE Capital. I am encouraging everyone to do the same!
BFD, deluded freak.

Location hidden

#51 Feb 4, 2013
People:
In case you missed it, the criticisms of these posts are from a psycho who keeps defending the worst corruption and treason which is destroying our economy.
Nobody's that dumb, since survival is the priority of sane people, so it's clear that NFL fan's biggest problem is mental illness.

The complaints are from people who were victimized by traitors.
(next post)

Location hidden

#52 Feb 4, 2013

An NFL Fan

USA

#53 Feb 4, 2013
Prostate wrote:
People:
In case you missed it, the criticisms of these posts are from a psycho who keeps defending the worst corruption and treason which is destroying our economy.

(next post)
You throw the word 'treason' around as if you actually know what it means, deluded freak.

How about some more of your addled quasi-religious preaching? It's always good for a laugh.

Location hidden

#54 Feb 15, 2013
mb91 8/14/12 9:35AM
My husband and I purchased an appliance in January on one of those "no interest for 1 full year" deals. GE Capital unfortunately was the lender for this particular store. Because we didn't want to get dinged with the interest, we decided to aggressively pay off our purchase. We double or even triple paid each time we received a new statement. Sadly, because we were Canadian customers, we had no option but to mail our payment. This resulted in repeated late fees - even when we express mailed the cheque. When we called to complain about this, we were passed from service rep to service rep, after an hour of being on long distance hold, we were given a new phone number to call with the assurance that this person would help us. It was a fax machine.
Feeling defeated, we decided to start mailing our cheques 2 weeks before our expected new statement. We photocopied the balance slip to attach to the cheques, and sent them off pre-emptively. Again, this was a problem. In May our remaining balance was $458. In June, having added no purchases, our balance was suddenly $705, a mysterious addition of $247! We called the customer service line to follow up on the 'adjustment' and were met with clueless customer service reps once again. After 3 hours of being on hold and passed to various people, and a half day of lost wages for me, I was told that this issue would not be resolved that day. They shared that the finance department would follow-up with me after I had provided them with bank statements indicating that our cheques had actually been cashed (which I did).
We received a call 3 days later from the finance department. The woman speaking on the phone was in such a loud room at the time that we actually couldn't hear the message! We played it over and over again, trying different ears, head sets, speaker phone, and passing it to various family members for their turn to interpret the mysterious message. After 10 days, the message was auto-deleted from my phone and we still didn't know what it had said.
We called the customer service line again (the only phone contact we have) and have not heard back.
At this point, we are prepared to cut our losses and just pay the "adjustment" fee to save the headache. But between express mail costs ($27 each time), late fees,($35 each time), and the unexplained adjustment, GE Capital OWES us a total of $363. It's completely unacceptable. Frankly, we would have been better throwing it on our credit cards and paying the 19% interest!

Location hidden

#55 Feb 15, 2013
These people are warning you! Are you smart enough to learn from them?
GE is going after their customers so fanatically because they’re being forced to pay a small amount for their corruption, and they’re certainly not going to decrease their corrupt executives’ salaries.

An NFL Fan

USA

#56 Feb 15, 2013
Prostate wrote:
These people are warning you! Are you smart enough to learn from them?
GE is going after their customers so fanatically because they’re being forced to pay a small amount for their corruption, and they’re certainly not going to decrease their corrupt executives’ salaries.
But you're not bitter, are you?

Location hidden

#57 Feb 15, 2013
Melissa 8/13/12 8:13PM
I made a "24-month/same as cash" purchase using the GE Capital Retail Bank account at an HH Gregg store. I have always made payments higher than the minimum amount due and have made no other purchases. The monthy amount due has continued to decrease each month from $19, to $18, to $17 and then down to $15 per month. I always pay more than the original $19/month that I started with. I just received my last statement and the Minimum Payment Due jumped to $25.00 for no reason. Since my $20 payment is an autopayment through my bank, I am now being charged a $25 late fee for paying only $20 of the $25 supposedly due. Of course, it is Sunday and I can't even reach a representative to correct the problem. Pretty shady on their part. I will never use their financing again.

Location hidden

#60 Feb 17, 2013
ge runin wrote:
Is there a specific discussion?

Location hidden

#61 Feb 17, 2013
legsfam 8/12/12 12:15PM
I got behind on my payments and GE Money Bank gave me phone number to set up payoff amount. I paid the amount, borrowed the money from family, and paid it off in the 3 payments. Now, they have turned it over to another company and are demanding the amount they wrote off, the amount reduced if i paid the payoff amount. They tell me they no longer have my account and can't help me. What a bunch of rip off artists.

Location hidden

#62 Feb 18, 2013
GEMoneyBankHater 8/10/12 12:22PM
I am another unhappy customer. The non negotiable intrest rate through the GECRB/JCP card is a joke. Hey JCP you can have your 6000.00 credit limit!!!!! I am paying this card off and there will be no more un american made purchases done there from me or my family. I have had this account for years, pay on time and I get a thanks by being charged 26.99% so even if I which I do make above the monthly amount due I get a charge anywho. So I will let everyone I know read the fine print do not I repeat do not open an account with GECRB as the banking person... What a scam.. Oh yah and has anyone ever found 1 item of clothing at JCP that is made in America I haven't.
Anonymous 8/9/12 3:24PM

I use this account for dental work I cannot pay at once. I have always paid on time to avoid interest charges. This last time I was irrefutably late and when I realized it, I sent off the entire balance on a Friday. The check had not reached GE office yet but on Sunday am in the middle of church service I received a message that my payment was late. I never shut off my cell phone in church as absolutely no one would dare call me at that time unless in emergency. But GE Capital did! That is despicable.

Location hidden

#63 Feb 20, 2013
JCooper 8/7/12 1:10PM
I am currently sitting on hold attempting to get access to my online account for Care Credit. I pay through the online system and have routinely done so for years. They claim they did a system overhaul which would have minor inconveniences on online functions. I have not been able to access my online account since May, it is now August. I also don't receive my statements even though they have all my correct information/verified. I attempted to pay on the phone with their 15 dollar over the phone payment fee, the irony is if you make it past due they tack on a almost 40 dollar past due fee but so graciously wave the phone payment fee for you. Also, every time I called to make a phone payment was placed on automatic hold for a very long time and half the time I would get hung up on or they were closed etc. So that made it so I could not pay on time through their phone system resulting in them only taking full 2 months payment from me OTP and charging me fees, late fee all of the usual. I complained that they had become a nightmare to pay and that they should wave those fees as I attempted 8 times to pay on the phone that month and have been attempting for 2 months at that point for online access with customer service offering me no help but to 'wait' and it will be fixed in X amount of hours (which obviously never happened). They agreed to wave the fees and the repeated my balance as the exact same number before the fees were waved...I explained that did not make sense, the CS Rep's answer,'APR'. That would have been included already in the original statement balance. So I paid it against logic and asked to close my account because of months of bafoonery and hassle, she get's attitude and says,'Don't you want it for an emergency?!', NO! I do not. As a side note I was signed up for this card at an emergency animal hospital and despite your income level they will not release your animal unless you give them information so they can run to see if you qualify for this card, if you do, they charge the vet charges (in this case from a poisoning of my dog) to the card. If they deny you for the card then you get assistance with the bill from donations (which I donate to them, so there is that)but if you barely have good enough credit bam, here ya go. And if you decline them running your credit for the card, they refuse to release your animal.We are talking the most well known animal hospital here in a major metro-city. So yes, nightmare, avoid them. Now I am told though I closed my account, the only way to fix this is if they issue a new card and I start all over, transferring the balance. As if it was a stolen card. They still give me no explanations or apologies for all the stupid S#$% they have said or done regarding my account and we have already tried this Rep's 'genius' tactic once before.Ugh.

Location hidden

#64 Feb 20, 2013
General Electric sabotage http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T6MRQO07K9V2652...
US News

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 104,284
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Phooey 672,678
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Just Think 619,371
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 hr Gabriel 981,084
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Jehova Witness 445,832
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Peter Ross 6,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web