“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#22 Nov 20, 2012
woocpark 9/16/12 5:15AM
Just found out these thieves purchased the rights to the toys r us master card from chase. I've never missed a payment on this card in 4 years of having it. Made my August payment to Chase and Received my Sept bill with a $25 past due charge and a late fee for $25. Called the CSR (didn't speak very good english) and was notified that my payment I mailed to chase would eventually be credited to my new account with GE but i would have to eat the $82 minimum payment for september. I told them that they could atleast waive the late fee but I was told that it would only come off the account balance, not the minimum payment. Then the lady started pushing me for when I was going to make my next payment. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, why the hell do you want to know. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she actually asked me why. I told the supervisor that i was pretty much grabbing my ankles and getting screwed and he responded, yes you owe us $82 theres nothing we can do about it. Will be paying this account off promptly and closing it, don't care what it does to my credit score. FU GE Bank.

Location hidden

#23 Nov 21, 2012
FU GE 9/13/12 8:59PM
I've never opened an account with these people ... I have no memory of ever dealing with them. I get my credit report today and somehow I have an unpaid $1167 credit with them. So I call them 4 times on 4 different numbers and every single time they transfered me to someone else. The first 3 times they transfered me, the person had me write down a different number to call; all 3 times that number wasn't in service. The last time I got transfered, the lady I talked to (who also happened to be the only one who spoke english clearly) told me she was going to transfer me 1 more time and after the phone rang twice I got a message that stated "we're sorry but the 800 number you have dialed is no longer in service ..." before I hung up and started yelling at my husband. This stupid company is bringing down my credit score, for apparently, God only knows why, and I can't do anything to fix it. Ugh.

Location hidden

#24 Nov 22, 2012
pissedoff 9/13/12 2:09PM
We set up "auto pay" so we could finally get payments done routinely. The autopay was set up for $150. The first time they did it, it was done for $494. We called, they said they would send us a check for the amount in 3 days.
---How the heck can GE take almost 3 times more money out of my bank account than I authorized them to, and it NOT be a corporate felony?

Location hidden

#25 Nov 22, 2012
Anonymous 9/12/12 6:25AM
It is a shame that GE Money Bank can open a call center in the Phillipenes & India, pay them pennies on the dollar, then charge 29% interest to profit from leaving thousands of Americans out of work with no money to make payment, and have the balls to have the US Govt bail them out with OUR tax dollars, & have the call centers call you to let you know your late on a payment. Get a clue GE!

Location hidden

#26 Nov 23, 2012
Anonomus 8/30/11 11:21AM
You should probably check your facts before you make such accusations!!! GE did not receive one cent of the bail out money! http://www.gereports.com/setting-the-record-s...

Location hidden

#27 Nov 30, 2012
kiki 9/11/12 8:42PM
I cannot stop getting calls from this number, i called them back and asked them to take me off their calling list to a rep who i couldnt understand and he couldnt understand me... he kept asking for my social i kept saying NO, i told them i do not have any outstanding balances and dont even know who this company is, which is true... my advice, stay away. when i asked to speak to someone else he asked for my social again.

Location hidden

#28 Nov 30, 2012
Worst Bailout In U.S. History: General Electric Gets $182.5 Billion In Obama Buddy Bailout: Project Calls For Jeffery Immeltís Immediate Resignation. http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T4NDMKH...

Location hidden

#29 Dec 1, 2012
ltj 9/10/12 11:48AM
I paid my September,2012 payment to G.E. Capital (Care Credit) on August 8, 2012. I got a call telling me that my September, 2012 payment was past due. I call G.E. Capital and was told that, that payment was made prior to thir "cut off date" and was applied as a second payment for the month of August, and that my September payment was past due, and I had to pay a late fee. I have always paid this account in advance, and never had this occur. Seems like a scam "possibly illegal" "I will find out", to get more money from consumers. As a note, this is the first time I have ever heard of the "cut off date". Since this, I now obviously now have to pay them twice by October.

Location hidden

#30 Dec 3, 2012
tobyhigdon 9/10/12 9:17AM
Website never works. Can't access account online anymore. The customer service has no solution. The great six sigma company with no solution? Jack would be proud.

Location hidden

#31 Dec 5, 2012
Jon Stewart - NBC reporting
GE is this powerful only because of Ronald Reaganís sabotage.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-march-2...

Location hidden

#32 Jan 3, 2013
SoonToBeAFormerCustomer 9/6/12 6:44PM
GE Money Bank is the WORST, MOST RUTHLESS, POORLY RUN, MONEY GRUBBING company I have ever dealt with. I had a motorcycle loan with Yamaha through GE Money Bank. They have no way to pay on line and charge $20 to make a phone payment. They also handle the Wal Mart credit card. They raised my limit by $900 two months ago and last month I accidently had a $40 NSF payment to them which I promptly corrected with a $100 payment. They CLOSED MY WAL MART account anyway without notifying me or anything. I called and spoke with an Annie Williams and she told me it is their policy and she refused to let me speak with her supervisor. I can't believe Wal Mart lets these MORONS run their credit accounts because now I will not shop at Wal Mart either.

Location hidden

#33 Jan 10, 2013
stormin4 9/6/12 12:47PM
My name is T. M. and I have an Amazon Store Card with them. I called the Amazon customer service, A Supervisor there, her name was Bobby lied to me and told me that I can only write them at P.O. BOX 965004 Atlanta, Georgia 32896. Then I Google GE Capital Retail Bank and asked to speak to a manager or something. I have been with Amazon for about a year or so. In one year my credit limit has bumped up to $3000 (it started at $500); the reason is simply because I was a good customer. I always make my payment on time and never missed one payment. The GE Retail Bank rep (their # 1-866-423-3796) transferred me to a certain ALAN, account manager. I told ALAN that I would like to reconsider my APR Rate because I have been a really good customer. I told him that if they can increase my credit limit, initially $500, to $3000 in less than year, I deserve to have my APR Rate reconsidered. ALAN Hung up on me! I called back, asked to talk to him. A Girl Name SARAH took my information. I told him I wanted to speak to ALAN, one of the managers responsible of increasing credit limit. After she, SARAH, took the information and asked me what card I am calling about, I answered AMAZON STORE CARD, she bluntly ignored my request to speak to ALAN and told me she is going to transfer me to Amazon customer service. When I said no, I want to speak to ALAN, she told me to hang on and she will transfer me. Well GUESS WHAT? I got their automated system again telling me to choose an option. I chose customer service, got a girl name SHEEBA or SHEBA, she started by asking me for my information again; but at that time I was so frustrated and so tired of the way they treated me that I told her it's okay. And I hung up. THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE PLACE I'VE TALKED TO. I AM A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP MYSELF. SOMETIMES YOU WILL CALL A COMPANY AND FIND ONE BAD CUSTOMER REP. BUT AT GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK, ALL THE CUSTOMER REPS HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO TREAT PEOPLE BADLY.
Note: I contacted both Amazon store card customer service and GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK customer service today, Sept 5, 2012.
THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!!!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, IF YOU HAVE A CARD WITH THEM, PAY IT ALL AND STAY CLEAR AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Location hidden

#34 Jan 15, 2013
damebochie 9/5/12 9:54AM
I'm on the receiving end of a mortgage chain where the buyer at the bottom is getting their mortgage from GE Money. GE appoint their own solicitor and to be honest that person is a disgrace to their profession. There have been nothing but delays, we have had to cancel our move twice already because GE's solicitor has not done something or is requesting documents ate the last minute. They just cannot get their act together. We are now in the process of unpacking our boxes as it looks like we could be staying put for the foreseeable future. You have been warned, if GE Money are in your chain find another buyer.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 16, 2013
Anon 9/4/12 8:38AM
Awesome to call and have to be transferred to 4 different people before one spoke enough english to help me. Then the "it's company policy to screw you sir". But I made a payment on the 1st for July-then a payment on the 29th for August-
Yes sir, but we took the payment on the 29 (4 days after august bill date) and used it to pay off the main balance-not use it for August. So now you have late charges and you have defaulted on the agreement. Your APR is now 29.99% and you owe $70 in late charges. Also your $25 monthly bill is now $55.
Thanks GE!!! Real quality company!!

Location hidden

#36 Jan 21, 2013
GE is so aggressive that theyíre going after people for debts, even though the economy is bad, and attaching assets, which FORCES THEM INTO BANKRUPTCY.
That means nobody gets any money -- all other creditors suffer, and payments canít be worked out because of GE.
GE arrogantly expects us to pay for their ongoing criminal activity.
(next post)

Location hidden

#37 Jan 21, 2013
General Electric sabotage
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T6MRQO07K9V2652...
US News

Location hidden

#38 Jan 22, 2013
Allkohn 9/3/12 9:13AM
I keep getting calls from these people trying to reach a certain person and can never talk to a representative. I don't know the person in question and have no idea how they got my number. I assume some lowlifes go around handing out phone numbers they pull out of the sky. This is a frustrating company. From the sounds my calls it seems Old Navy uses them and this makes me not want to ever buy anything from Old Navy.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 23, 2013
Sinaj 9/1/12 7:36AM
these people suck. I've never been notified of an interest rate increase, and they doubled it because they stated I had several late payments.
GE money bank chooses to convert bank payments to ACH transactions instead of electronic payments. Due to that, they're not actually posted on they day that the bank delivers them. It takes up to 3 days to post to the account.
Then they tack on a $35 late fee (which is ridiculous). this whole time i believed I was making my payments on time and never previously had a problem. I've had this account for years, but I will never use it again. I'd rather go without than have to deal with this company.

Location hidden

#40 Jan 24, 2013
Anonymous 8/31/12 2:56PM
I bought a couch in April of 2009 and I paid the taxes and a small down payment on it at the store where I purchased it. The Couch was $699.99. I paid $100.00 toward this in April of 2009. I paid by check on time everymonth, but GE's accounting department didn't mind debiting my account each month for the same billing cycle without my permission. I also had specifically called and told this company that I wanted this to be a regular credit set up and not same as cash. I even wrote GE Money Bank this. Well you would think after 12 months that I finally got GE's account department to quit taking money out of my checking. Now I was late on my August 2010 payment and I did not mind that I had to pay $25.00 late fee. Then when I sent my payment online for 2010, my payment did not go through. I inquired about this and the representative said that my account had been paid and i had a little over $10 credit on my account. In October, I had a man call me who was from India, whom told me that I had never made a payment and I bought the couch in May 2010. So please someone tell me who in your company is so ignorant that someone can take a $10 credit and turn it into a debt. GECC sold my paid account to a collection agency either this year or last. You people put it on my credit history that I defaulted on my account and I have kept the payment history in my files and have a notation that my account had been paid in full in August of 2010. Gee, I made payments by check for more than minimum and GE's accounting department was debiting my account for minimum. So if I am so indebt to GE, who in your company stoled or embezzled my payments and why were my payments not put on my account? You people need to fix this. I havesent you in October of 2010 letter about this and you continued to write me that I had never pid on this account and it was paid out and had a credit on it.

Location hidden

#42 Jan 25, 2013
Nobody 8/26/12 11:32PM
My husband and I bought a couch and mirror from Levin Furniture and I opened up a GE Credit Card - 0% interest for 4 years. I forget why, but they split our transaction into two and we were told that we must pay off $1100 by July 20th, 2012 to avoid interest as a kind of, first part of this 0% apr promo. So, that's what we did - we paid $1350 by July 13th and I thought we were in the clear...well I was wrong.
As I added up the numbers, they didn't seem correct. It seemed more than what we initially paid, and it was. I looked online at our statement and discovered that there was $139.13 accrued in interest ytd.
I thought to myself...I paid off the 1st required amount to avoid interest, why is there interest fees??
So I called GE and ultimately the lady told me that the payment we were making to pay off the $1100, they were in fact dipping into it, taking out $50 a month and putting it toward the balance on the "other transaction" or promotion making minimum payments on that.
My question is - how were we to know that they were taking money out of our monthly payment (toward the $1100 to pay off) and splitting it up to cover the other monthly "balance" payment.
We were told to pay off $1100 by July 20th, and that's what we did! How were we to know that that they were taking money out of our payments to put toward the balance amount on the 4 year no interest promotion. This is ridiculous. We made the payments, from there, it's in their hands on where it goes...not ours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Happy Lesbo 825,862
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min USA Born 582,887
ac compressor diagnose 11 min lightbeamrider 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min Freebird USA 176,373
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 27 min Chess Jurist 442,484
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 32 min lightbeamrider 70,128
New Hip Hop TV Channel 1 hr coolnewmusic 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Senecus 611,755
More from around the web