GE whistle-blower complaints

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#229 May 28, 2013
Anonymous 3/21/12 1:12AM
I am a Canadian living about 5 minutes from the US and cross-border shopping is very common where I live. My girlfriend and I purchased a bed at Art Van and were approved for financing through GE - interest-free for 54 months. We were told payments would be simple - just pay online through our bank, even as Canadians. As it turns out, we can't pay through our bank - GE doesn't take online payments from Canadian banks. After weeks of trying to get people on the phone (there's a very bizarre game of 'trickery' you have to play on the automated system to get a human), I was told that I could mail cheques, as there's apparently nowhere in the United States where you can make a payment in person. I sent my first cheque to them in Florida; it took 6 weeks to get processed, thus incurring a $35 late payment charge on my account. When I called and explained the situation, I was told they would waive all late fees, as this was an extenuating circumstance as I had no control over when cheques would get there. The following month, another $35 late charge AND an interest charge - on my interest-free account. I called again and explained what the last person told me regarding late fees. I was told that no one would say this, I'm making that up, and it is my responsibility to pay my bills on time. At this point, the late charges are exceeding my monthly payments, so my account balance is actually getting higher. I have tried to find alternate ways of getting this taken care of - post sating cheques to avoid time in the mail, paying over the phone with a credit card, paying in person, etc. None of these methods are acceptable. When I told them it wasn't acceptable to be charged late fees and interest charges exceeding my monthly payments as a result of being lied to about how easy it was, even for Canadians, I was told that I signed paperwork that laid all this out, so it was my fault and I was responsible. I double-checked all the paperwork I received when I made my purchase - there is nothing pertaining to the details of payment methods, fees, interest, etc.- just my payment amount and length of term. Honestly, had I known this going in, I'd have opted to pay over a shorter term with interest in Canada. The financing was the only reason I went to the US. This has been a nightmare. I worked very hard over the last 12 years to fix my credit, and have been quite responsible. GE ruined that. I'd love to make my payments and see my balance go down, but it has only gotten higher since the account was opened, despite my payments. And the lack of reachability... That is asinine. You have to call the number and not say anything or touch a button for several minutes to confuse the automated system into putting an operator on the line. What even is that? What a terrible company. It's almost as if GE is setting people up to default on their loans. I bet they have them insured so they get paid either way, so what does it matter to them if, along the way, they ruin good, hardworking people's lives.

Location hidden

#230 May 29, 2013
twin810s 3/19/12 5:42AM
My story is exactly the same. My husband and I were Chevron cardholders for 10 years. He died and I continued using the account because it was in my name as well. Some agent from India called for him a year after he died. I am well versed in fraud perpetrated against widows, so provided no information. GE Capital froze the account. I paid it off in full. They took out an extra payment in October of last year. Since then I have called 74 times, spoken to over 84 agents in different call centers in different countries (because I escalate as many calls as possible). I have written to Chevron Company Headquarters asking them to intervene. GE finally sent a refund, but the check was to my dead husband. After two years, there is no way to cash a check in his name. He isn't even on the account. I've been told this is blantant fraud - they stole the money from me, not him. There have been some agents in Mexico who have been very kind and feel great shame that they feed their families by working for a company with such a horrible reputation. I will never work with this company again and am a vocal adversary. I spread my story everywhere so people know about this company. Nicole, in case you are thinking about giving me a reference number and your e-mail address, I haven't seen ONE follow-up saying you have resolved ANYTHING.

Location hidden

#231 May 29, 2013
The psycho-stalker is still posting peanuts, still too dumb to have a thought of his own.
That is what GE thinks of all of you, that you're nuts to even try to complain about their felonies.
Arrogance from GE destroys lives financially, and gives village idiots the idea that they have half a brain.

Location hidden

#232 May 31, 2013
outragedwidow 3/17/12 1:04PM
I was solicited by this company to take out a loan. They claimed that I had applied to them but I hadn't. However, since I needed money and this sounded like it would be easy, I went on through with it. Initially they told me to take out two green dot money cards (walmart) and put $50 on each one, because they could not fund an empty account. Several times they assured me that the $50 would stay on the cards and nobody would touch it. Then they kept insisting that I would get my loan amount as soon as I paid fees like "security deposit," "pin fee," etc., and had me put these fees on green dot money cards and moneypaks. Twice they claimed the card was not working and I just needed to pay the fee again and they'd reimburse me right away. They also told me at least twice that everything was in place and the card was funded. Of course those were lies. Occasionally the people who answered the phone were very nice, but other times they were extremely rude. Once a young woman told me they were having a party and I should call back some time next week.
I know it was crazy to keep going, but I thought surely they would eventually give me the money they promised. However, after weeks of delays and fees, they told me that I had not been ultimately approved by their credit payment, and I would have to pay the first quarter's fees or request a refund.(I had already paid the first month's fees). So I requested a refund. Of course I have not received it, and so far each time I have called they have hung up on me. I do plan to badger them to death, regardless of how long it takes.

Location hidden

#233 Jun 1, 2013
GE Capital 3/19/12 2:01PM
My wife and I have a credit rating of over 825 and have worked very hard to keep the rating as high as possible. The customer support for submitting a dispute with a merchant and getting any type of answer from GE is the worst I have ever experienced. After this dispute is settled regardless of the outcome, I will absolutely cancel my card and make sure no one I know gets a GE capital card. While I'm sure you don't care, this is the only way I know to get any type of satisfaction.

Location hidden

#234 Jun 2, 2013
Anonymous 3/16/12 7:42AM
I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life, as a result we will never recommend GE to anyone. We had 3 loans with GE all payed out in advance. GE charged fees for no reason at their discretion even though each and ever payment was made on time or prior to the time, despite their already high interest rate (complete rip off). To top it when we called to finalise the accounts in advance prior to the term of the loan, they gave us a pay out figure and then wanted to add additional fees, when my dad tried to take this up with them, he was told a supervisor would call he/she never did my dad had to chase them around to give them money. Their staff are blatantly rude and speak like puppets. Never did they offer $1 discount for paying off the loan with interest in advance. We were very loyal customers and after these experiences we are very dissapointed. They don't care about their reputation and they certainly don't care about their customers.
We will never use them again and we will highly recommend no one else does also. It is simply ludicrous that they can impose fees at their own discretion for no reason and staff like that, who are rude and unhelpful wouldn't last in any other company for very long.

Location hidden

#235 Jun 5, 2013
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE 3/15/12 4:24PM
I was a loyal dillards customer for years. in 2011, I somehow missed a payment but continued to pay them every month. When I realized what I had done, I paid a triple payment to catch up. They marked me 90 days!! My payment history shows a payment every month!! I paid it off. They won't answer my dispute. I'm reporting them to the FTC. I've never had a 60 or 90 day

Location hidden

#236 Jun 6, 2013
Anonymous 3/12/12 2:30PM
I received a letter from GE Capital Retail Bank telling me that they were cutting the credit limit on my Amazon account. The letter states that "a credit scoring system was used to evaluate the action taken on your account". "The score assigned by the system, in combination with the delinquency on your account, led to our decision." I have never paid anything late, including this Amazon account. The letter also states "We also used a credit score developed by us in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. The credit score below was developed using standard industry methods and was used in evaluating the action taken on your account. The credit score may differ from the score you may obtain from a consumer reporting agency." Your credit score: 602. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What "standard industry methods" were used in this bogus accounting, since my credit score is over 800 on all 3 bureau reports? Plus they also claim that they got a credit report from TransUnion---I checked my TransUnion report, and there is no inquiry on there from GE Capital Bank, so they're lying. Since when are credit companies doing their own "credit scores" instead of using the credit scores from the big 3? This company should be put out of business.

Location hidden

#237 Jun 6, 2013
The idiot psycho-stalker is also posting ‘spam’ icons. The moron is saying that complaints about GE corruption is span in a discussion of GE corruption. Those who side with GE want to destroy you financially.

Location hidden

#238 Jun 6, 2013
DianeMarie67 3/12/12 11:09AM
I sent $40 to a walmart money card 2/29/12. It processed from my bank, but never hit my friends card. I called and was told 1-3 business days, called again and was told, no it is 3-5 business days. This is stupid. Not even showing anything coming from GE Capital Retail Bank, and guess what? I cannot find a number for this bank anywhere!

Location hidden

#239 Jun 7, 2013
dcorkern 3/8/12 9:47AM
We use our GE Capital card for purchases and pay off the balance of the card each month. Only twice in three years has something gone amiss and our payment has not arrived in time; consequently, we received both a late payment fee of $39.00 and an interest charge. After contacting GE Capital, the late payment fee was readily reversed. I also asked both times "what is the process to request our interest rate be lowered from the 23.9% we are currently paying". Both times, the Customer Service rep says there is no review process and interest rates are not being lowered, even for customers with exemplary payment history. I said this doesn't sound very competitive. What incentive is there for me to continue using a GE Capital card? The reps both said they "understood my frustration". I told them that was a non-answer. I wanted to know what GE Capital was going to do to keep my business. I currently use my card ~$3000 monthly, spending nearly $40,000 annually. I can easily take my business elsewhere if no one at GE Capital is willing to discuss a rate reduction. It seems a bit arrogant to even consider the subject not up for discussion.

Location hidden

#240 Jun 8, 2013
dogtooth 3/7/12 5:07PM
I have a Banana Republic Luxe card, issued by GE Money Bank, which I have quit using even though I loved Banana Republic rewards. GE Money Bank has a bizarre fraud detection system, which sends customers into Indiacall center hell. This has happened to me three times over the past six months. GE Money Bank has flagged as suspicious recurring monthly charges which I set up as automatic bill pay. Twice I received no call to determine whether the charge was legitimate - they just put a freeze on my account until I called to find out what was wrong. Once I received a robo-call, in which I had to input information, then was put on hold, then had to repeat all the information to the calltaker who hung up on me. I can't take having my credit card frozen every other month because GE flags recurring monthly charges on my card as suspcious, after which I have to endure the tiresome and irritating call center in India to un-freeze my card.

Location hidden

#241 Jun 11, 2013
kate 3/7/12 12:30PM
it's simple ..give me back my guitar ..you people just refuse to help my .I ask , and you just blow me off..its been 5 or 6 months now and still nothing..out of the 50,000 peice's of invontory you took from daddy's ..the few peice's that didn't belong to them ..that were in the store at the time you people shut them down ..27th of oct. 2011 are vnot your to keep..your steeling from honest people that were caugh in the middle of this fight between you two company's like I said ...it's simple just give me my guitar back ...thank you

Location hidden

#242 Jun 12, 2013
Anonymous 3/7/12 12:09PM
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with ! I call with simple questions to the customer SERVICE 18663968254# on my c'card statement & 1. the wait is always at least 10 minutes 2. the Rep is hard to understand 3. they NEVER answer my question, going as far as to treat me rudely & like i am an imbecile because they gave an answer that wasnt even about the same thing (ie tonights question -'why does the statement say i paid more interest in 2012 than i owed interest in 2012?' was answerd with 'all transactions by your husband get charged interest, there is no promotional period'!!!???? 4. they have hung up on me EVERY TIME BUT ONE when i was asked to hold (including tongiht !!) 5. they never have anyone above them who can help 6. they are rude & unfriendly & ignorant & totally unprofessional over the phone ! I am paying this off as fast as i can, telling all businesses and friends to avoid GE !! BEWARE ! Would seem a prank if not involving my money & way way too much time ! DB , Maine

Location hidden

#243 Jun 17, 2013
D B 3/5/12 11:29PM
I've never even heard of GE Money Bank until I just started receiving emails from them. Figured it was just another scam, but all of my research indicates this is an actual company. This is the email I first received....
"Dear GE Money Bank customer ,
A charge of 11.34$ was made to Skype Inc. from your credit card.
If you haven't authorized this charge, please cancel the payment and get a full refund.
http://www.gemoneycards.com/cancel-payment/
Yours sincerely,
GE Money Cards Department.
First of all, I've never heard of this bank. Second, I haven't had any cc's for about 10 years now, and am 100% positive I've never had one of their cards. Third, I've never used Skype!
The email is so vague, not signed, and doesn't identify me in any way(not even in the source code of the email header). Clicking on links in an email? seriously? No legitimate company conducts business this way! It's quite obvious they are phishing, but I ain't biting. Now I have to fork out money to get my CR to make sure no-one opened an account in my name. It's a lose/lose situation. We will be a third-world country in no time if companies continue to operate this way, without any repercussions for their fraudulent business practices.

Location hidden

#244 Jun 20, 2013
DrunkenRuckus 3/2/12 11:00PM
GE Money bank is using the telephone to harrass. Since 2/19 thier have been over 20 Phone calls. No one says anything and sometimes the calls come within minutes or maybe an hour between times. This is only for my cellphone I get the same treatment on the home phone. It seems that they don't care about the consumer protection laws either state (Massachusetts) or Federal. The law should be changed so the debtor can benefit finacially in a BIG way so maybe they will follow the laws as written not as they see it. If I was to call someone as many times as they do I would be hauled into court under a Harrassment Charge. Something is wrong with this picture. Mr Legislature how about it? Pass a law that takes a big bite out of the Creditor like Ge Money Bank and others. Also don't apppreciate a call from INDIA with no sense of the english language.

Location hidden

#245 Jun 21, 2013
Frankmcd 3/2/12 8:13PM
We have been disconnected twice by their customer service. Our initial conversation with "Pam York" yielded neither my name on the card, which was the request, nor the reduction that was promised due to confusion. Since that first call, we have had two other frustrating and disappointing calls, which is why I came online to see if others have had poor dealings with GE Capital. As soon as we settle and our money is properly attributed to our account, we will close the acct and end our relationship with lousy GE Capital.

Location hidden

#246 Jun 24, 2013
LaughterMedicine 3/2/12 4:25PM
This 'company' should really be put out of business for their shady and unethical practices. Setting traps to increase the chances of triggering a late fee is one of them. For instance, payments made online must be made by 5pm on the due date. Who else does that? If you make a payment on the due date, it should not matter if it's at 11:59pm or 8am. Charging a $2.00 "minimum interest fee" on a late fee that you were trapped into is another. I will be paying off the balance and never using the card again, although I intend to keep the account open just to take up space in their database.

Location hidden

#247 Jun 25, 2013
rogerdodger 3/1/12 7:28AM
I was given a Walmart Visa Gift Card, issued by GE Money Bank. At first, things were fine. I made many purchases - no problems with transactions. Then, the problems started rolling in. I returned two products (from the same company) on the same day. The merchant (X) received them and within 1 to 2 weeks, I had ONE of my totals posted to my account. The other, however was not. 3 weeks later, still not a sign of my refund, I called X to see if they transferred the money to GE Money Bank (GEMB). X gave me a reference number and the date processed, confirming that the money had been transferred. So I called GEMB only to talk to an incompetent representative who hung up on me as I was asking a question. I called again, spoke with another incompetent worker. It took 30 minutes until I was connected to a supervisor only to hear "you are not supposed to receive any refunds. You use the card until the money is gone. That's it. You need to work this out with the merchant" (Hello? I told you the merchant did their part and I have ref. numbers to prove it!), then she threatened to put a hold on my card. She did not even TRY to help me with my problem at any point.*If you have read the agreement, you will see in part 11 that they actually say you CAN receive refunds and will allow it.* So, if you deal with this company, expect incompetent, unprofessional workers, lies, and disappearing money!! You will be EXTREMELY lucky if things go smoothly (as you can tell by the ratings). If you do receive the money card, though, just buy gift cards to the companies you wish to buy from so you will have no issues.
Charlie Sheen

Lincoln, NE

#248 Jun 25, 2013
Craybaby, Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Lives MATTER 4 min Poov 77
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 864,421
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min karl44 599,554
The Christian Atheist debate 36 min Poov 1,982
News Quiet Fight to Free American in China Jail (Nov '09) 1 hr Big Jim 55
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,494
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Student 40,866
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr dollarsbill 6,454
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Peace_Warrior 612,900
More from around the web