American Soldiers - Profiles In Bravery

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#9805 May 6, 2010
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Monk, I used to post a lot of jokes, I seem to have gotten out of the habit. Besides, Voyuer does an excellent job of it, and of course the trolls posts are definitely jokes.
They'll be back soon!

Vincit qui se vincit

#9806 May 6, 2010
You did know the Voyuer character is me didn't you? I took it from an old unregistered troll that wouldn't leave us alone and made it mine, lol.
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9807 May 6, 2010
Deng wrote:
Statistics showed 36.5 million Americans, or about one eighth of the U.S. total population, were hungry.
Hey! We still don't eat cats though!
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9808 May 6, 2010
In America we eat at the Y for free. Deng has to pay for the cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon.
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9809 May 6, 2010
May I have a side of catnip with that? Yea! I like to play with my food.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#9810 May 6, 2010
Ricky F wrote:
You did know the Voyuer character is me didn't you? I took it from an old unregistered troll that wouldn't leave us alone and made it mine, lol.
Yeah, I knew it a long time ago, I just go along with the fun.

Vincit qui se vincit

#9811 May 6, 2010
hushpupjohn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! We still don't eat cats though!
Don't forget rats too, lol.

“The Silent Service”

Since: Nov 09

Boston, MA

#9812 May 6, 2010
Sniper kills Qaeda-from 1½ mi. away
By LUKAS I. ALPERT

Last Updated: 7:13 AM, May 2, 2010

Posted: 4:19 AM, May 2, 2010

It was silent but deadly.

A British sniper set a world sharpshooting record by taking out two Taliban soldiers in Afghanistan from more than a mile and a half away -- a distance so great, experts say the terrorists wouldn't have even heard the shots.

Craig Harrison killed the two insurgents from an astounding distance of 8,120 feet -- or 1.54 miles -- in Helmand Province last November firing an Accuracy International L11583 long-range rifle.

"The first round hit a machine-gunner in the stomach and killed him outright," said Harrison, a corporal of horse in the British Army's Household Cavalry, the equivalent of a sergeant in the American military.

HARRISON
"The second insurgent grabbed the weapon and turned as my second shot hit him in the side. He went down, too," Harrison told the Sunday Times of London.

The shots -- measured via GPS -- surpassed the previous record held by Canadian Army Cpl. Rob Furlong, who killed an al Qaeda gunman from 7,972 feet in 2002.

Harrison's shots were roughly equal to the distance between the Statue of Liberty and Battery Park.

Experts called Harrison's sharp shooting as perfect as it gets.

"When you are shooting that far, if you miss by a hair, you miss by a mile," said John Plaster, a retired US Army sharp-shooting instructor and author of "The Ultimate Sniper." "That is about as precise as any marksmen on the planet could shoot."

He said Harrison's targets likely never knew what was coming.

"At a distance like that they cannot even see anyone and they would not even hear the muzzle report," Plaster said.

Harrison, who fired the bullets while his colleagues were under fire, said perfect weather helped him nail the perfect shot.

"[There was] no wind, mild weather, clear visibility," he said.

Harrison learned of his record nine days ago, when he returned to England. In the weeks after his record shot, he suffered a minor gunshot wound and broke his arms when his vehicle hit a roadside bomb.

[email protected]

“Keeping my fingers crossed ...”

Since: Aug 07

Life's enduring gifts

#9813 May 6, 2010
ANOTHER VIETNAM MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENT
KELLER, LEONARD B.
Rank and organization: Sergeant, U.S. Army, Company A, 3d Battalion, 60th Infantry, 9th Infantry Division. place and date: Ap Bac Zone, Republic of Vietnam, 2 May 1967. Entered service at: Chicago, Ill. Born: 25 February 1947, Rockford, Ill. Citation: For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Sweeping through an area where an enemy ambush had occurred earlier, Sgt. Keller's unit suddenly came under Intense automatic weapons and small-arms fire from a number of enemy bunkers and numerous snipers in nearby trees. Sgt. Keller quickly moved to a position where he could fire at a bunker from which automatic fire was received, killing 1 Viet Cong who attempted to escape. Leaping to the top of a dike, he and a comrade charged the enemy bunkers, dangerously exposing themselves to the enemy fire. Armed with a light machine gun, Sgt. Keller and his comrade began a systematic assault on the enemy bunkers. While Sgt. Keller neutralized the fire from the first bunker with his machine gun, the other soldier threw in a hand grenade killing its occupant. Then he and the other soldier charged a second bunker, killing its occupant. A third bunker contained an automatic rifleman who had pinned down much of the friendly platoon. Again, with utter disregard for the fire directed to them, the 2 men charged, killing the enemy within. Continuing their attack, Sgt. Keller and his comrade assaulted 4 more bunkers, killing the enemy within. During their furious assault, Sgt. Keller and his comrade had been almost continuously exposed to intense sniper fire as the enemy desperately sought to stop their attack. The ferocity of their assault had carried the soldiers beyond the line of bunkers into the treeline, forcing snipers to flee. The 2 men gave immediate chase, driving the enemy away from the friendly unit. When his ammunition was exhausted, Sgt. Keller returned to the platoon to assist in the evacuation of the wounded. The 2-man assault had driven an enemy platoon from a well prepared position, accounted for numerous enemy dead, and prevented further friendly casualties. Sgt. Keller's selfless heroism and indomitable fighting spirit saved the lives of many of his comrades and inflicted serious damage on the enemy. His acts were in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself and the U.S. Army.

Life's enduring gifts

#9814 May 6, 2010
QUOTE FOR THE DAY

The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.~Thomas Jefferson
Muie la americani

Iran

#9815 May 6, 2010
What acts of braveri? of invading much poorer countris for they'r resurces? and an army with much more technology that the Irak's for example...there is nothing brave in this...if you wanna mess youre powers why don't you invade Russia or the EU?

Life's enduring gifts

#9816 May 6, 2010
Why don't you keep your mouth shut?
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9817 May 6, 2010
Muie la americani wrote:
What acts of braveri? of invading much poorer countris for they'r resurces? and an army with much more technology that the Irak's for example...there is nothing brave in this...if you wanna mess youre powers why don't you invade Russia or the EU?
Duh?
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9818 May 6, 2010
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget rats too, lol.
Golly! They eat each other too!Pup
hushpupjohn

Somerdale, NJ

#9819 May 6, 2010
Muie la americani wrote:
Quote for you today. " Ignorance is no excuse for being ignorant"

USA

#9820 May 6, 2010
THE FINAL INSPECTION

The Marine stood and faced God,

Which must always come to pass.

He hoped his shoes were shining,

Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, Marine,

How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek?

To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,

'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.

Because those of us who carry guns,

Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,

And at times my talk was tough.

And sometimes I've been violent,

Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,

That wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime,

When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,

Though at times I shook with fear.

And sometimes, God, forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,

Among the people here.

They never wanted me around,

Except to calm their fears

If you've a place for me here, Lord,

It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much,

But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,

Where the saints had often trod.

As the Marine waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, Marine,

You've borne your burdens well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell.'

USA

#9822 May 7, 2010
GOOD MORNING TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE OR ARE SERVING WITH HONOR IN THE ARMED SERVICES OF THE FREE WORLD, THEIR FAMILIES AND SUPPORTERS.
MAY YOUR DAY BE SAFE AND PEACEFUL.
<

<
Joel T. Bailey
THE WAR VETERAN

They never looked for glory
They never asked for fame
They never thought of war
As if it were a game
They did the job that was needed
And never thought twice
They went where ordered
And made the sacrifice
They never thought of quitting
Or leaving till the job was done
They just dug in and fought
Till the battle was won
They wanted to make
The world a better place to live
That’s why so many
Gave all they had to give
In the heat and the cold
And through the rain and mud
The road to our freedoms
Was paved with veterans’ blood

©Copyright by Joel T. Bailey (Date Unknown)

“Insert useless statement here.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9823 May 7, 2010
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
GOOD MORNING TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE OR ARE SERVING WITH HONOR IN THE ARMED SERVICES OF THE FREE WORLD, THEIR FAMILIES AND SUPPORTERS.
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u-MU1pNDU1AXX
<
Joel T. Bailey
THE WAR VETERAN
They never looked for glory
They never asked for fame
They never thought of war
As if it were a game
They did the job that was needed
And never thought twice
They went where ordered
And made the sacrifice
They never thought of quitting
Or leaving till the job was done
They just dug in and fought
Till the battle was won
They wanted to make
The world a better place to live
That’s why so many
Gave all they had to give
In the heat and the cold
And through the rain and mud
The road to our freedoms
Was paved with veterans’ blood
©Copyright by Joel T. Bailey (Date Unknown)
Good Morning RH. I've been gone for a few months from topix, I come back and here you are. I've got so much respect for you! You are a man of your word..never forgetting our Soldiers!! RH..thank you for being who you are!!!

TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE OR ARE SERVING WITH HONOR IN THE ARMED SERVICES OF THE FREE WORLD, THEIR FAMILIES AND SUPPORTERS.

Also...TO THE WOMEN WHO ARE SERVING... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

USA

#9824 May 7, 2010
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning RH. I've been gone for a few months from topix, I come back and here you are. I've got so much respect for you! You are a man of your word..never forgetting our Soldiers!! RH..thank you for being who you are!!!
TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO HAVE OR ARE SERVING WITH HONOR IN THE ARMED SERVICES OF THE FREE WORLD, THEIR FAMILIES AND SUPPORTERS.
Thank you Chris, It is easy to sit behind the keyboard each morning and post a poem and a utube, it is another thing to wake up each morning, knowing that you are maybe seeing your last sunrise and its in a hostile land. The men and women who are serving with honor deserve so much more than I am giving.
BobLoblah

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9825 May 7, 2010
Chris - PSL wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning RH. I've been gone for a few months from topix, I come back and here you are. I've got so much respect for you! You are a man of your word..never forgetting our Soldiers!! RH..thank you for being who you are!!!
07May10.....you have Bob Loblah's backing on this one. Bob Loblah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 647,009
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min UC Davis Rainbow 49,510
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min UC Davis Rainbow 105,688
Like Kids? Earn $6000+/mo To Care For Them 11 min KidKare 1
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 28 min Thinking 26
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 56 min Buck Crick 445,757
Dirty snapchat with teen girls (May '14) 2 hr HOLLAND_123 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Buck Crick 971,806
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 12 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web