Sr Citizen Reno Nv

Carson City, NV

#43 Dec 15, 2007
One has to ask the question? Where did that spark of life that started it all come from?

Since: May 07

<<<<--the right to bare

#45 Dec 15, 2007
All religion is just a way to control man.

God is a supernatural security blanket invented by people who can not accept their own mortality and need the fantasy that they are somehow better than everyone else because they are going somewhere else after they die.

This belief has held back civilization since the beginning and religions intentions have been corrupted by men who have agendas.

Atheists believe in man and his ability to conquer every problem as well as answer every question without any magic man helping out.

Science and the believers who just don't get it have started putting nails in its coffin. 100 years from now and the bible will be on the shelf next to Snow White and Harry Potter.
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#46 Dec 15, 2007
WierdO wrote:
Who ever posted this thread has a MENTAL ILLNESS. Foreal. Ignorance runs deep and stupid can't be fixed.
You guy's who do not believe in Christ have to believe in SOMETHING. Why bash Christian's? for that matter why bash anyone for anything?
Good Grief!!!!!!
Pointing out to someone that they are wrong and that you have plenty of real facts to prove that is NOT bashing, its called educating...Calling someone names and threatening them with gods punishment for doing that IS bashing...I get bashed every day in every way, but since i've got the wisdom of libraries full of books full of well researched scientific facts to back me up I just let the bashing roll off my back like water off a duck...Theres a lot of bashing going on here alright, but its all coming from the religious people against the scientific people...Science explains everything as best as it can be explained without resorting to supernatural beings, and thats the thing WE believe in..
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#47 Dec 15, 2007
Gods warrior wrote:
God is a supernatural security blanket invented by people who can not accept their own mortality and need the fantasy that they are somehow better than everyone else because they are going somewhere else after they die.
This belief has held back civilization since the beginning and religions intentions have been corrupted by men who have agendas.
Atheists believe in man and his ability to conquer every problem as well as answer every question without any magic man helping out.
Science and the believers who just don't get it have started putting nails in its coffin. 100 years from now and the bible will be on the shelf next to Snow White and Harry Potter.
All TRUE TRUE TRUE!!!

Since: Nov 07

Roc.

#48 Dec 15, 2007
Gods warrior wrote:
a way to control man huh?..really. o.k. lets look at the other side. Athiests. Stalin killed 20million. Hitler tries to wipe out a whole race.

Now who is controling who again. two of the most famous Athiest sure didn't give give people the oppuntunity to work out questions and to answer problems. Hitler solution to a problem, Genocide.
Stalin, murder.

100yrs??..sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet . you be lucky to make it to 2012. once iran attacks israel ww111. China invades taiwan ww111. North Korea makes a move on S.Korea.ww111. revolution in Pakistan., radicals get nuclear then moves on india..ww111..Russia gets too agrresive in europe..ww111. The Human race is done. we will all find out soon enough if Darwin or Christ was right. soon enough.
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#49 Dec 15, 2007
Sr Citizen Reno Nv wrote:
One has to ask the question? Where did that spark of life that started it all come from?
If the answer to that question is that important to you and you are a believer then you are never going to find the true answer in the bible, or in any organized religion..They know less than you do...I don't think that it is very important for us to know that just to live a good life...Someday, even though they are not trying to prove anything one way or the other, science may accidently discover the answer to your question..Certainly they will find god long before the religious quacks will...
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#50 Dec 15, 2007
andet1987 wrote:
i agree with the originator of this thread. religion is sort of mental sickness. religious people are victims of brainwashing by other religious people.
Now your gettin it!!

<<<<--the right to bare

#51 Dec 15, 2007
Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
a way to control man huh?..really. o.k. lets look at the other side. Athiests. Stalin killed 20million. Hitler tries to wipe out a whole race.
Now who is controling who again. two of the most famous Athiest sure didn't give give people the oppuntunity to work out questions and to answer problems. Hitler solution to a problem, Genocide.
Stalin, murder.
100yrs??..sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet . you be lucky to make it to 2012. once iran attacks israel ww111. China invades taiwan ww111. North Korea makes a move on S.Korea.ww111. revolution in Pakistan., radicals get nuclear then moves on india..ww111..Russia gets too agrresive in europe..ww111. The Human race is done. we will all find out soon enough if Darwin or Christ was right. soon enough.
It is an often heard refrain among less well informed Christians that Hitler and Stalin (those slightly more knowledgeable sometimes add Pol Pot and Mao Zedong) were atheists and that their atheism led them to commit atrocities resulting in the deaths of millions of people. These claims are demonstrably false.
Hitler was never an atheist. The available evidence points to the fact that he remained a theist throughout his whole life.
It is true that Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol Pot, were all atheists. But the primary influences that led to their atrocities were not atheism per se but their dogmatic Marxism and communist ideas.
We see that in none of these cases could atheism be made to "take the blame" for the atrocities committed by these men.
Hitler
Adolf Hitler (1889-1945), the Führer of Nazi Germany was probably one of the most evil men to have ever walked on earth. He was responsible for the death of millions in World War II and for the "final solution" that led to the chillingly efficient murder of six million Jews. It must also remembered that Jews were not the only victims of the ruthless Nazi killing machine. An estimated five to six million Russians, Poles, gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, homosexuals - basically anyone considered sub-human - were murdered as well.
Hitler, however, was never an atheist.
Hitler was born and baptized as a Roman Catholic. He served mass as a young boy and actually contemplated becoming an abbot. He never publicly repudiated his Catholicism, nor did he ever cease paying his dues. He wrote in his Mein Kampf (1924)(My Struggle) that "faith is the sole foundation of a moral attitude" and that an attack against religion "strongly resembles the struggle against the general legal foundations of the state." Although Hitler did persecute some Protestant churches and the Catholic Church later on [3] he never ceased being a theist. As late as 1938, he can be heard making this statement in a speech: "I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work."
Article 24 of Hitler's Nazi party programs calls for "Positive Christianity". Among the 25 points of the core values of this new Christianity, as explained by German philosopher Ernst Bergmann in 1934, is point number six which states: "The German religion is a religion of the people. It has nothing in common with free thoughts, atheist propaganda, and the breakdown of current religions."
Thus Hitler and his Nazi regime were anything but atheistic.

<<<<--the right to bare

#52 Dec 15, 2007
Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol Pot
While it is true that Joseph Stalin (1879-1953), Mao Zedong (1893-1976) and Pol Pot (1925-1998) were all atheists, this is not the only thing they have in common. They were also men, political leaders and communists. Merely citing common denominators does not establish the cause of their actions. It is important to consider what was the main driving force in their committing atrocities against their own people.
One could make a valid claim that since Stalin attended a Russian orthodox seminary (from 1894 to 1899) as a teenager in Tiflis, the dogmatic black or white outlook of the world influenced his subsequent actions. As the historian Alan Bullock in his book Hitler and Stalin: Parallel Lives (1991) explained:
The fact that it was a Church education helped to form the mind of a man who was to become known for his dogmatism and his propensity for seeing issues in absolute terms, in black and white. Anyone reading Stalin's speeches and writings will notice their catechistic structure, the use of question and answer, the reduction of complex questions to a set of simplified formulas, the quoting of text to support his arguments. The same Church influence has been noted by biographers in his style of speaking or writing Russian:'declamatory and repetitive, with liturgical overtones.'
However the main influence on all these three men were dogmatic Marxism-Communism. Joseph M. Bochenski in his essay "A Critique of Communism" in the book Outline of Communism clearly showed what the shortcomings of this system are.

Next?

You need to have faith in your fellow man. If anything is ever to cause WW3, it will certainly be religion and NOT atheism.

<<<<--the right to bare

#53 Dec 15, 2007
Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out to someone that they are wrong and that you have plenty of real facts to prove that is NOT bashing, its called educating...Calling someone names and threatening them with gods punishment for doing that IS bashing...I get bashed every day in every way, but since i've got the wisdom of libraries full of books full of well researched scientific facts to back me up I just let the bashing roll off my back like water off a duck...Theres a lot of bashing going on here alright, but its all coming from the religious people against the scientific people...Science explains everything as best as it can be explained without resorting to supernatural beings, and thats the thing WE believe in..
So very well said.

Since: Nov 07

Roc.

#55 Dec 15, 2007
Gods warrior wrote:
Stalin, Mao Zedong and Pol Pot
While it is true that Joseph Stalin (1879-1953), Mao Zedong (1893-1976) and Pol Pot (1925-1998) were all atheists, this is not the only thing they have in common. They were also men, political leaders and communists. Merely citing common denominators does not establish the cause of their actions. It is important to consider what was the main driving force in their committing atrocities against their own people.
One could make a valid claim that since Stalin attended a Russian orthodox seminary (from 1894 to 1899) as a teenager in Tiflis, the dogmatic black or white outlook of the world influenced his subsequent actions. As the historian Alan Bullock in his book Hitler and Stalin: Parallel Lives (1991) explained:
The fact that it was a Church education helped to form the mind of a man who was to become known for his dogmatism and his propensity for seeing issues in absolute terms, in black and white. Anyone reading Stalin's speeches and writings will notice their catechistic structure, the use of question and answer, the reduction of complex questions to a set of simplified formulas, the quoting of text to support his arguments. The same Church influence has been noted by biographers in his style of speaking or writing Russian:'declamatory and repetitive, with liturgical overtones.'
However the main influence on all these three men were dogmatic Marxism-Communism. Joseph M. Bochenski in his essay "A Critique of Communism" in the book Outline of Communism clearly showed what the shortcomings of this system are.
Next?
You need to have faith in your fellow man. If anything is ever to cause WW3, it will certainly be religion and NOT atheism.
wow!, i'm impressed. did you write all this your self, or did you copy and paste..

You're actually defending the actions of 4 of the most oscene and wicked men to ever existed. all to defend the honor of Athiesm. wow.

well gotta go, its my scripture reading time to be followed by prayer time to my Lord Jesus Christ. please don't send the men dressed in white and the restrainer for me!!!arghhhhhhhhhh...i think i hear them coming!!

Religion=Mentally ill
Denying God=Bilthering idiot.
hmmmmm. what to do...what do.what to do...what to do??.

Merry Christmas.
arnold

Auburn Hills, MI

#56 Dec 15, 2007
No, religion is not a mental illness. It was invented by human beings to help them endure the tragedy of having been born into this hell of illness, grief, injustice, lonelinesss -- all topped off by a pathetic death.
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#58 Dec 15, 2007
arnold wrote:
No, religion is not a mental illness. It was invented by human beings to help them endure the tragedy of having been born into this hell of illness, grief, injustice, lonelinesss -- all topped off by a pathetic death.
Man, it sure must suck to be you! Come on, lighten up it ain't so bad as all that...Haven't you had ANY fun along the way? I mean; I ain't good lookin, rich, powerfull, sexy, or highly educated, plus I got one foot in the grave and the other one on a banana peel and i'm 90% blind, but I sure do enjoy being alive..Its fun as long as you don't take it so seriously...Don't believe that crap about how "lifes a bitch and then you die".....With certain limitations, life is what we make it.."If life were not a great adventure it would not be worth living"...Do you know who said that? A woman that was born and lived her whole life blind, deaf and dumb! Helen Keller...Now, if anybody had a bitch of a life she did!

Since: Dec 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#59 Dec 15, 2007
To each their own, I suppose. If your religion makes you happy, fine. Just be sure not to impede on the rights of others and use religion as an excuse.

It is the people who feel they must push their religious beliefs on others who have the mental illness.
Pat

Granby, CT

#60 Dec 15, 2007
Faith is delusional, not rational.
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#61 Dec 15, 2007
Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
wow!, i'm impressed. did you write all this your self, or did you copy and paste..
You're actually defending the actions of 4 of the most oscene and wicked men to ever existed. all to defend the honor of Athiesm. wow.
well gotta go, its my scripture reading time to be followed by prayer time to my Lord Jesus Christ. please don't send the men dressed in white and the restrainer for me!!!arghhhhhhhhhh...i think i hear them coming!!
Religion=Mentally ill
Denying God=Bilthering idiot.
hmmmmm. what to do...what do.what to do...what to do??.
Merry Christmas.
I really don't think that GW was trying to defend the actions of those monsters..I think he was trying to clear up a common misconception that they and indeed all evil men are evil because they were atheists, and thats not true...There are plenty of extremely moral men that do not believe in god...I count myself in that group, never having hurt anyone intentionally in all my days...Atheism has nothing to do with being evil, I dare say that there are many,many more evil religious people than there are evil non-believers...We worship whatever we consider to be our creator in a more private, personal way than those of you that make a big show about going to church and regurgitating religious nonsense, things you have absolutely no proof of and that just make no common sense to the rest of us...You see, we don't really care what you think, but what we think is driving you insane...
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#62 Dec 15, 2007
Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stalin, murder.
Was Darwin and Christ having an argument and I missed it? What were they arguing about, one was a scientist that tried to explain how things change over time, and the other guy went around telling everybody he was god. So just exactly what was it that they were fighting about???
Scrotal

Austin, TX

#63 Dec 15, 2007
Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
why?. never tried it, but no have never been tied up and spanked:>. are you offering you naughty boy you:>.
You should be so lucky:o)
Believing

United States

#64 Dec 15, 2007
I'm glad my God has Mercy. If it was not for His mercy non of us would be here on Cyber Space airing ANY views.

I for one DID not come from an APE, I think you may have though.

This will be the last post I make on this thread. Ignorance is not teachable.
Nightflyer

Canada

#66 Dec 15, 2007
Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>Good idea, he makes more sense than the bible!

The bible, it's teachings, guidance,prophecies and the gospel of Jesus Christ are really simple.

It's too bad that something so full of sense and simple is complicated for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 270,060
Poll Are you sick of seeing interracial dating ads? (Jul '08) 3 min Ben ACCF KING 43
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Gods r Delusions ... 578,952
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Bongo 817,484
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min lightbeamrider 1,965
Johnny Spencer 18 min Terra Jones 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min Epiphany2 609,822
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 176,203
More from around the web