Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Yes, yes, let's all use George Carlin as a guide to everyday life.(wink)

Since: Nov 07

Roc.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who say everything came out of nothing are uneducated religious quacks like yourself.
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you.
-- George Carlin
Religion haven't convinced of any of that garbage. I know you need a pacific ocean size faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God.

God is omnipresent, he is everywhere all the time.
Omniscience, all know, and Omnipotent, all powerfull. i bet your next question can he make a rock he can't lift:>. Yes there is a literal Hell, makes sense. people like hitler and the klan have to have somewhere to go.
Nightflyer

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion haven't convinced of any of that garbage. I know you need a pacific ocean size faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God.
Omniscience, all know, and Omnipotent, all powerfull. i bet your next question can he make a rock he can't lift:>. Yes there is a literal Hell, makes sense. people like hitler and the klan have to have somewhere to go.
True!

Funny how non-beleivers think God is just an invisible man living in the sky.

God includes spirit just like there are evil spirits.All you got to do is look at people who are into witchcraft,devil worship or voodoo.They can worship the devil just as well as someone can worship God.Both exist.

Since: May 07

<<<<--the right to bare

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Yes
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who say everything came out of nothing are uneducated religious quacks like yourself.
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you.
-- George Carlin
The key ti the insanity is that HE loves us...Jesus, can you imagine what the punishment would be if he DIDN'T love us so damn much???
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Nightflyer wrote:
Yes, yes, let's all use George Carlin as a guide to everyday life.(wink)
Good idea, he makes more sense than the bible!
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

dirty whiteboy wrote:
religion is definitely not comparable to a mental illness but i understand where you are coming from. it's all about faith, albeit blind faith but it's faith none the less and there are a lot of perfectly sane people in this world who believe in some strange things that are not based on reality or proof. the religious people that i have talked to believe for many reasons and some of them just want an answer for the unexplainable in life or the feeling that there is something more out there.
I still think that anybody that absolutely refuses to accept reality and clings to things that are just made up is insane..Not running down the street screaming pulling out their hair insane, but maybe 'partially' insane if there is such a thing..Like my co-worker who stated that he had been abducted by aliens insane...Otherwise reasonably normal, but unable to recognize that what he was telling me was far beyond the realm of believability...
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Nightflyer wrote:
<quoted text>
True!
Funny how non-beleivers think God is just an invisible man living in the sky.
God includes spirit just like there are evil spirits.All you got to do is look at people who are into witchcraft,devil worship or voodoo.They can worship the devil just as well as someone can worship God.Both exist.
All that crap 'exists' only in the minds of simple minded fools that are gullible enough to believe anything even when common sense, if they have any, tells them it just can't be real...They're ALL mental cases!
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can relax, you're not going to be meeting up with Hitler or the KKK, or even Hillary after you die because we ALL go to the same place: NOWHERE...NO heaven, NO Hell, NO nothin!!
dirty whiteboy

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>I still think that anybody that absolutely refuses to accept reality and clings to things that are just made up is insane..Not running down the street screaming pulling out their hair insane, but maybe 'partially' insane if there is such a thing..Like my co-worker who stated that he had been abducted by aliens insane...Otherwise reasonably normal, but unable to recognize that what he was telling me was far beyond the realm of believability...
i understand where you are coming from. my statement about it not being anything like a mental illness comes from the idea that even though someone believing in religion fits the definition of delusional from your point of view it is actually nothing like the delusions of someone who is actually mentally ill. i wasn't defending the belief in GOD in my statement but rather making a comment on the difference between a perceived delusion of relgious person and the delusions of a person who is actually mentally ill.
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

mohammed macaca akbarabad wrote:
<quoted text>
be careful infidel or allah shall smite thee
Your insane'cult' of death doesn't scare any of us..We pity you and others that just can't keep up with the rest of the 'class'..You arroganty wear your ignorance as armour against the truth..You only exist because we are so much more civilized than you are..But sooner or later you will go too far and we will run out of patience with your loonyness and when we turn the full force of our technology on your kind you shall lament and there will be much gnashing of teeth as you go to your doom...Then you shall be cast into the lake of eternal fire and that shall be your just rewards for your wickedness...And I hope YOUR 72 virgins are all men!
Indonesia
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>So,it all goes back to that old saying about religion being the opium of the masses...Most people can't face the harsh realities of life without a sedative to keep them from thinking rationally, and religion is rhat sedative..How sad to have to live a lie just because you can't handle the truth...
Who religion? Say who? What truth?
Why believe the truth from the Bible?
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Indonesia wrote:
<quoted text>
Who religion? Say who? What truth?
Why believe the truth from the Bible?
ALL religion is insanity, ALL! Say ME, and a lot of other 'thinking' people..FOOLS believe bible non-sense, do you?

Since: Dec 07

Lanett, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Judged:

Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>Your insane'cult' of death doesn't scare any of us..We pity you and others that just can't keep up with the rest of the 'class'..You arroganty wear your ignorance as armour against the truth..You only exist because we are so much more civilized than you are..But sooner or later you will go too far and we will run out of patience with your loonyness and when we turn the full force of our technology on your kind you shall lament and there will be much gnashing of teeth as you go to your doom...Then you shall be cast into the lake of eternal fire and that shall be your just rewards for your wickedness...And I hope YOUR 72 virgins are all men!
I have to agree that since this discssion began a lot of people have made numerous points both valid and invalid. I have made the observation that everyone thinks they're right. Has anyone ever considered they could be wrong? How would you feel if it was proven to you that your opponents were right?I think it's best to stand up for what you believe in but don't knock down others who disagree with you.We have to learn to live together on this planet and and allow others to have their own beliefs and not blow them to hell.
Pat

East Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is all you say then explain the newborn baby with deformed limbs who is blind and retarded. Is that love to you? Or are you a liar about the all powerful crap? If he has the power to end unjust suffering then why doesn't he? If he is unwilling how is this love? If you had a basic understanding of nature you would not be so foolish as to believe in supernatural magic.
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

brokedown wrote:
<quoted text> I have to agree that since this discssion began a lot of people have made numerous points both valid and invalid. I have made the observation that everyone thinks they're right. Has anyone ever considered they could be wrong? How would you feel if it was proven to you that your opponents were right?I think it's best to stand up for what you believe in but don't knock down others who disagree with you.We have to learn to live together on this planet and and allow others to have their own beliefs and not blow them to hell.
The primary difference between the people that believe in science and the people that believe in fairy tales of god is that its in the very nature of scientific reasearch to try and understand ALL sides of an argument in order to come to an intelligent, unbiased conclusion...Religious people om the other hand are taught to approach everything with a closed mind, not to consider any other evidence of any kind other than what they are told by their handbook or their leaders...Us scientific people are incredibly fair minded..We see your side and also see that its all smoke and mirrors, not a shred of truth to it...There isn't a snowballs chance in Hell that you are right, nothing you present is valid, nothing.. If you have some new facts for us to consider please lets have them, we're all ears..We would be ectstatic if you could prove us wrong..We're not fools, we'd like to get in on this heaven gig too, if it exists...IF...

Roc.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is all you say then explain the newborn baby with deformed limbs who is blind and retarded. Is that love to you? Or are you a liar about the all powerful crap? If he has the power to end unjust suffering then why doesn't he? If he is unwilling how is this love? If you had a basic understanding of nature you would not be so foolish as to believe in supernatural magic.
We would be here all day to answer everything indepth. Well, there is Free Will. If there is a God, you're happy He gave free will right?, you wouldn't want a dictator telling you, you have to worship me and forcing and zapping you when you didn't.

So;

When a woman takes drugs, drinks, abuses their body when they are pregnant, or she catches a std while pregnant. or corporate greed builds companies that releases toxic chemicals near residential areas, or nuclear plant leaks radiation to people nearby. these free will choices of people causes infant mortality and babies born deformed. How is that God's fault?. wars, rapes, murders, hate, genocide, suicides and all the depravity of humanity.

How is that God's fault??. No, thats a u problem, as in H"u"man being.

Can God stop these things, yeah. but why would He. Man would only assume they don't need God. Suffering draws man to God. Pain and Hurt makes people look to God. some in anger, some in surrender.

C.S lewis, a former Athiest who became a Christian wrote a great book called "purpose of pain", that would enlighten you to a whole different perspective on this matter.

Yeah, some babies are born deformed due to factors not related to anything i mentioned. But thats all due to Sin entering the human race. And the subject of Sin, well..Topix would need a whole forum just for that word.
Scrotal

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

Blackbwoy wrote:
<quoted text>
We would be here all day to answer everything indepth. Well, there is Free Will. If there is a God, you're happy He gave free will right?, you wouldn't want a dictator telling you, you have to worship me and forcing and zapping you when you didn't.
So;
When a woman takes drugs, drinks, abuses their body when they are pregnant, or she catches a std while pregnant. or corporate greed builds companies that releases toxic chemicals near residential areas, or nuclear plant leaks radiation to people nearby. these free will choices of people causes infant mortality and babies born deformed. How is that God's fault?. wars, rapes, murders, hate, genocide, suicides and all the depravity of humanity.
How is that God's fault??. No, thats a u problem, as in H"u"man being.
Can God stop these things, yeah. but why would He. Man would only assume they don't need God. Suffering draws man to God. Pain and Hurt makes people look to God. some in anger, some in surrender.
C.S lewis, a former Athiest who became a Christian wrote a great book called "purpose of pain", that would enlighten you to a whole different perspective on this matter.
Yeah, some babies are born deformed due to factors not related to anything i mentioned. But thats all due to Sin entering the human race. And the subject of Sin, well..Topix would need a whole forum just for that word.
Just a guess here, but do you enjoy being tied up and spanked by any chance? Your mental illnes seems more pronounced than most of your contemporaries..
WierdO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

Who ever posted this thread has a MENTAL ILLNESS. Foreal. Ignorance runs deep and stupid can't be fixed.

You guy's who do not believe in Christ have to believe in SOMETHING. Why bash Christian's? for that matter why bash anyone for anything?

Good Grief!!!!!!

Roc.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2007

Judged:

Scrotal wrote:
<quoted text>Just a guess here, but do you enjoy being tied up and spanked by any chance? Your mental illnes seems more pronounced than most of your contemporaries..
why?. never tried it, but no have never been tied up and spanked:>. are you offering you naughty boy you:>.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

592 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 256,508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min feces for jesus 720,567
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min GodsLovestheBestLove 115,096
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 21 min shyam 4,797
'Married at First Sight' 33 min yon 23
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 36 min yon 29
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min hojo 532,785
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Reshi 76
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr The Awakener 172,400
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••