Is RELIGION actually a mental illness???

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments (Page 198)

Showing posts 3,941 - 3,960 of3,968
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
atheist

Castle Hill, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

HEY ALL YOU GUYS why didnt god tell moses or muhamed that earth is kind of round did you know when ergotism was killing about third opf european population in last milenium also later in america people got infected by eating rye bread with ergot type of higly toxic fungus were people went berserk in agonising pain doctors and clergy agreed these poor souls were posessed by devil and they used to hang them men women children not to mention spanish iquisition why god did not tell them if church knows why we spend big money on research clergy should have the answers and if god realy exist what a rude being not introducing him self to us greeks had hundreds of gods so clever jew rewrite it to one god and conned the whole world it is a greatest con ever known to humanity since writen history why cant we admit yes there is big mystery out there and nobody knows what it is and let us prey all on believers pockets

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it.

If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad.

I fail to see how the absence of a hair dryer makes it any less absurd.
David Finn

Rochester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Religion is definitely a mental illness. It is a spiritual narcotic designed to dull the senses to an unjust and cruel world. Mans longing for immortality is the driving force behind the notion of a heaven. It has hampered the world for centuries, stifling progress. If 'god' was so powerful he must have known what would happen in his name. For example, the Crusades, Bloody Mary, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Northern Ireland, Tens of thousands burning at the stake, dungeons dripping with blood of the innocent, 9/11, etc etc. Let us concentrate on the here and now and tell the fanatics the idea of paradise, nirvana or heaven or wherever is simply wish fulfilments.

“Psalm 24:1”

Since: Mar 10

Mississippi County Arkansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Judged:

Religion is not a mental illness, its a spiritual thing!
Steve

Aldershot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Scrotal wrote:
If it isn't it will do until one comes along! Nothing about it can be proven.If we made the same claims in support of any other concept and presented proof of the same caliber we would be laughed right out of town..Why do people want to believe so badly that they are willing to suspend their common sense and believe things with no real proof?
Did you hear about the agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac......?
He spent all night pondering if there was a dog....
Steve

Aldershot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Religion was the first form of surfdem....
Ie. how humans gained control of other humans
Steve

Aldershot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops...didn't mean to post here sorry
Lamb of the lost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Its all about heaven there is no other reason to believe such stupid childish things .... Because u dont get ur "free tix 2disney land" when u die if u dont. I cant believe "normal" ppl really read the bible n believe it,but they must say they do. i myself was a believer n lived in fear untill i read the bible i wish i had known how insane it was all those years as a frightened child.
mentaly ok

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

yes all religious people i know do have some mental problem,and bigger the problem more religious they are.and if god realy exist what a sadist he is making all this people mentaly ill.
Steve

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

In short, your argument is that evolution has created a mental illness and delusion in 90% of the world's population over its entire history.

That seems to be a pretty flawed system. It's a wonder humanity could ever draw itself up out of the primordial ooze with a ubiquitous brain defect like that.

A more likely explanation is that the delusion and mental illness comes from a recessive gene that affects atheists.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

Steve wrote:
In short, your argument is that evolution has created a mental illness and delusion in 90% of the world's population over its entire history.
That seems to be a pretty flawed system. It's a wonder humanity could ever draw itself up out of the primordial ooze with a ubiquitous brain defect like that.
A more likely explanation is that the delusion and mental illness comes from a recessive gene that affects atheists.
Atheists don't believe in fairy tales, don't call bats "birds," don't know of any talking donkeys, know nothing about rabbits that "cheweth the cud," and certainly have no invisible and silent friends in the sky. The same cannot be said about those who follow the Bible and have "faith" in someone that isn't there...
Tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

Yes it is look at the physiatric DSM hyper-religiousity!! There it is black an white, you can be as delusional as you wish, but it's a mental disorder
gonond

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
Very Delusional
jim

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

religion is a mental illness.
socci

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Edthirty wrote:
Atheists don't believe in fairy tales, don't call bats "birds," don't know of any talking donkeys, know nothing about rabbits that "cheweth the cud," and certainly have no invisible and silent friends in the sky. The same cannot be said about those who follow the Bible and have "faith" in someone that isn't there...

Yes they do.. the 'caveman' & dino-chicken and other pagan superstitions.
James

Cameron, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

jim wrote:
religion is a mental illness.

The nazis used psychiatry and other pseudosciences to justify their genocide. It began with your rhetoric.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do.. the 'caveman' & dino-chicken and other pagan superstitions.
Wrong
jim

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
The nazis used psychiatry and other pseudosciences to justify their genocide. It began with your rhetoric.
religion IS still a mental illness.
Unbelievable

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

The argument is hopeless and can never be resolved! Some folks would rather believe in extraterrestrial beings than to believe in God! Some scientist actually propose a multiverse where numerous copes of me and you live slightly different lives yet they find it hard to believe in God! Quantum Physics is the most fantastical stuff I've ever heard of yet after all that God is unbelievable! Human beings have the only known true conscious, self-aware mind in the universe and no one wonders why! If their is no life after death for our conscious mind then what a waste! Our human brain is vastly more complex than any super computer we have or will have in the foreseeable future and no one wonders why! It's all one big accident of nature and so far this accident only happened once! You folks believe how you want I'll continue to believe in a God! If I'm wrong so be it! Good night!
Unbelievable

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Should say copies of me!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,941 - 3,960 of3,968
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

466 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 min patwill 36,096
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Aerobatty 216,895
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Just Think 680,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min RADEKT 250,373
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min danetoo 109,568
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 46 min alisha24 249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 51 min pusherman_ 596,526
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••