Comments
1 - 20 of 3,967 Comments Last updated May 28, 2013
First Prev
of 199
Next Last
Scrotal

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

10

5

5

If it isn't it will do until one comes along! Nothing about it can be proven.If we made the same claims in support of any other concept and presented proof of the same caliber we would be laughed right out of town..Why do people want to believe so badly that they are willing to suspend their common sense and believe things with no real proof?
ShebaSexOperator
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Scrotal wrote:
If it isn't it will do until one comes along! Nothing about it can be proven.If we made the same claims in support of any other concept and presented proof of the same caliber we would be laughed right out of town..Why do people want to believe so badly that they are willing to suspend their common sense and believe things with no real proof?
Because people assume morality can only come from religion, god or the bible.

This is, of course, related to the motive. Compliance to the established moral boundaries implies acceptance of the legitimacy of the moral authority figures who established them, and it is this acceptance of the legitimacy of this moral authority that is viewed as the very basis of social order.

Hence there is a deep investment in the legitimacy of the moral authority, often presumed to be none other than God himself.

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

5

3

2

only if your Religion induces obsession and compulsion in you. If you cannot think without tying it into your religion, if you spend most of your money in tithes or on religious icons, books, etc, then yes it is a mental illness. It is also an addiction. Religion is highly addictive, and it makes you want others to join you in your addiction.
skeleton christ

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

Bloodhound wrote:
Islam is a mental illness! Anyone that worships Satan has to be mentally disturbed.
Muslims don't believe in Satan
Lyndi

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Saranacotter wrote:
only if your Religion induces obsession and compulsion in you. If you cannot think without tying it into your religion, if you spend most of your money in tithes or on religious icons, books, etc, then yes it is a mental illness. It is also an addiction. Religion is highly addictive, and it makes you want others to join you in your addiction.
Interesting. I tend to agree. Some of the behavior is very consistant with addiction.-
-Denial when challanged.
-Irritability when confronted.
-Using it to avoid "real" issues.
-Temporary feeling of wellbeing.
-Crutch syndrome.

Hmmmm. Lot's of people out there quoting incessently, praying at inappropriate times. These rooms are LOADED with people that are trying to find peace and clearly don't have it. Odd-
LOL- If something isn't going right at the supermarket...do they throw themselves into the aisle and pray-? I guess they save all their biblical brilliance for us.- What fun!:)
Scrotal

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

skeleton christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims don't believe in Satan
Maybe thats because they ARE Satan?
Scrotal

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

4

2

1

ShebaSexOperator wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people assume morality can only come from religion, god or the bible.
This is, of course, related to the motive. Compliance to the established moral boundaries implies acceptance of the legitimacy of the moral authority figures who established them, and it is this acceptance of the legitimacy of this moral authority that is viewed as the very basis of social order.
Hence there is a deep investment in the legitimacy of the moral authority, often presumed to be none other than God himself.
So,it all goes back to that old saying about religion being the opium of the masses...Most people can't face the harsh realities of life without a sedative to keep them from thinking rationally, and religion is rhat sedative..How sad to have to live a lie just because you can't handle the truth...
dirty whiteboy

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

4

3

2

religion is definitely not comparable to a mental illness but i understand where you are coming from. it's all about faith, albeit blind faith but it's faith none the less and there are a lot of perfectly sane people in this world who believe in some strange things that are not based on reality or proof. the religious people that i have talked to believe for many reasons and some of them just want an answer for the unexplainable in life or the feeling that there is something more out there.
bee

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

2

We humans have to have basic agreemnet who and what we are. Human beings are body, mind, spirit.
Spirit that leaves body at death and can be photgraphed and observed as an electrical feild or not. Mind that is part in body part in spirit.
When this is measured that is the proof. From all of the religions of Earth the basic truths and advantages for humans should be extracted. Then we can all use ourselves instead of others. Human beings of Earth.
God is the creator of the universe and not a human being. God in everything all over everywhere.

“Tired of being tolerant”

Since: Dec 07

Cedar Falls, Ia.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 14, 2007
 
I would sure like to believe so. My actual thought is that a little bit of religion can be a good thing but alot of religion just causes your nrain to shut down.

To be fair most of the religious people that I know personally are very nice people & not the self rightious idiots that blather incessantly on posts like these.

I guess you can find extremist in everything.
mohammed macaca akbarabad

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

Bloodhound wrote:
Islam is a mental illness! Anyone that worships Satan has to be mentally disturbed.
be careful infidel or allah shall smite thee
Traveler

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

6

4

2

religion is a crutch for the weak and a form of psychosis

i think the most devout believers would be considered clinically insane if submitted to a psychological evaluation
b in d

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

3

1

1

is socialism a mental illness?
Nightflyer

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Seriously, if you want to observe mental illness up front check out this site www.rabble.ca .
Once there, click onto their babble section.
It is a forum website for Canadian leftists and liberals.

Here you will learn how leftism and extreme liberalism is truly people with mental illness.
dirty whiteboy

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

1

i think by even asking this question you are completely underestimating the power and control of a mental illness.

“Religion stops a thinking mind”

Since: Nov 07

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Religion is the irrational belief in something that doesn't exist, which causes delusional behavior.

It is the most common of all mental illnesses.

Since: Nov 07

Roc.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

8

8

4

...And to believe God does not exist makes one a fool.
BIG BANG THEORY...then there was. everything came out of nothing.
the top scientists in the world now scoffs and laughs at evolution.
Believe in God a mental illness.
To Believe no God-a blithering idiot.
tough choice.

“Religion stops a thinking mind”

Since: Nov 07

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Blackbwoy wrote:
...And to believe God does not exist makes one a fool.
BIG BANG THEORY...then there was. everything came out of nothing.
the top scientists in the world now scoffs and laughs at evolution.
Believe in God a mental illness.
To Believe no God-a blithering idiot.
tough choice.
Right, because I don't believe in something you believe in despite having no evidence or rational reason to believe in makes me a fool? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

If the homeless guy on the corner says he is Napoleon, you will of course just take him at his word, because if you don't you're a fool?

Embrace your stupidity.
Idi O Syncrasy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

6

5

3

FedUpAmerican wrote:
Religion is the irrational belief in something that doesn't exist, which causes delusional behavior.
It is the most common of all mental illnesses.
Interesting. The leaders of this great Nation and much of the rest of the World are Religious.
So by extension of your premise that means the world is run by the mentally ill?
The inmates are running the asylum?
More likely the Demented are in Denial of the reality of God.
Pat

East Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 14, 2007
 

Judged:

5

3

2

Blackbwoy wrote:
...And to believe God does not exist makes one a fool.
BIG BANG THEORY...then there was. everything came out of nothing.
the top scientists in the world now scoffs and laughs at evolution.
Believe in God a mental illness.
To Believe no God-a blithering idiot.
tough choice.
The only people who say everything came out of nothing are uneducated religious quacks like yourself.

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you.
-- George Carlin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 199
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

441 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessarily so 721,947
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Frontliner 115,519
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Buck Crick 224,522
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 172,517
ibhentse emandi (Sep '11) 24 min Teeza 124
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Epiphany2 599,112
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 41 min raghavendra 534
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,839
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 533,294
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••