Have you ever heard of the bum-dance "Twerking"

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Dec 12

Toronto, Canada

#1 Dec 19, 2012
I'd seen it in a music video or two; it's the name for the butt-shake that girls do.

Do people find this attractive?
I find it disgusting... couldn't believe there's a whole dance movement behind it.

Is this a cultural thing? I don't want to be insensitive.

Here's an example of one:

Also, I found this in some related links... pretty silly stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

hoping for some bum-insight...
dad of 3

Portland, OR

#2 Jun 22, 2013
I have a 14yo tween daughter, tight little dancers body since she and her mom took a pole dancercize class, anyway the wife lost interest in it but our daughter has kept up with it and loves it. I never heard this called the bum dance, the girl calls it Twerking though so I recognize that term. She's working on learning it, too incorporated into her dancercize routine on the poll I installed the family room. I don't know what you find disgusting about it, I mean I don't find it particularly sexy but it's interesting to watch a girl do that! Kind of a novelty to see that kind of muscle control in their butt! It's interesting to watch our daughter learning it and getting better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min pusherman_ 778,495
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Tony17 560,538
Couch Potato Alert 18 min yon 11
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 26 min yon 4,900
Gay snapchat names 1 hr ray 176
Moses never existed 1 hr Khatru 834
Incest: Horny and looking for good stories :) (Nov '13) 2 hr lokito 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Ugly Truth from d... 605,347
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,472
More from around the web