Thank God for Prop 8

Jesus and his proponents have finally saved us from the evils of gay marriage, thanks to the passing of Prop 8. Proposition 8 passing is far and away the most pressing matter within California these days, as ... Full Story
First Prev
of 751
Next Last
Pat

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2008
It's time to celebrate. We the people have spoken.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Cave ab homine unius libri”

Since: Feb 07

Cape Town

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Unfortunately for you, the “people having spoken” is never the final word. The constitution of a country exists often precisely for the purpose of protecting minorities against majorities.

Gay unions are coming; it is a matter of when, not if. Countries around the world are legalizing it. It is just a shame that the country that sees itself as a moral leader, a country that was a leader in democracy, woman’s rights and abolishment of slavery is so lacking in this regard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
feetwister

Nashville, TN

#3 Nov 6, 2008
Too bad this will be taken back to court and soundly defeated again and again and again. wallow in your separatist,-better then thou- gloat while you can. but in the long run you just can't stop freedom and liberty in the USA

btw, in case you didn't notice, this article was a satirical comment, not an endorsement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
r M of GENIUS

Bielefeld, Germany

#4 Nov 6, 2008
Pat wrote:
WOO HOO !!!

I've been partying nonstop since yesterday !!!

CHALK UP A VICTORY FOR THE GOOD SIDE !!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
verad

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2008
1. Jesus didn't have anything to do with this at all. Rather the devil is responsible for the evil of denying equal protections for all taxpaying citizens.

2. Jesus would never rejoice in the children being put in harms way as this proposition has done. Read your Bible..."for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19

3. Civil rights should never be in the hands of the people. If we had left "separate but equal," mixed marriage, and women's suffrage in the hands of the people we would still have "separate but equal" which is a lie in any circumstances and we wouldn't have the other two.

4. Civil marriage has nothing to do with the church or religion. If it did, the blessing of a church would be required and it isn't. A license from the county is, however, and gays pay the same taxes that support those licenses and the protections that go with that license. Funny how you all have no problem taking their money but refuse to give them equal access to protections.

5. People like you are the reason that Christianity has become a mockery of the Bible, of what Jesus stood for, and any semblance of God's love. People like you are the reason that no one wants to get within 100 yards of a chuch anymore. People like you are the reason the number of Christians is declining. You have no one but yourselves to blame. I hope you are prepared to answer for the souls you have turned away because I feel certain there will be an accounting required when you are standing before God. Repent before it is too late.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“WHERE DID COMMON SENSE GO?”

Since: Aug 08

NEW YORK

#6 Nov 6, 2008
Pat, God is got NOTHING to do with this. Intolerant, hateful, dicriminatory and unloving people did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
froggy

Vincentown, NJ

#7 Nov 6, 2008
What does God have to do with prop 8? If He created all of us, a neutral stance would be appropriate. I'd have to give Him a grade of C- in social skills if there was divine interference in this matter.
Mike

Martinsville, NJ

#8 Nov 6, 2008
Lukas Swid wrote:
Pat, God is got NOTHING to do with this. Intolerant, hateful, dicriminatory and unloving people did.
No! It's more like the people of CA don't want homosexuality shoved down their throats by liberal courts or anyone else for that matter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 08

Colts Neck, NJ

#9 Nov 6, 2008
Mike, homosexuals cannot shove anything down your throat unless you want them to. this is about letting people live their lives. i dont understand why you and others have to be so concerned with who we choose to marry. this is the same thing that happen and still does with other minority discrimination. you want to stop people from being who they are, and i got news for you: sooner or later you will be completely and 100% defeated. ignorance is a virus and thank god there is a cure for it, its called education.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
skeleton christ

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Nov 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
No! It's more like the people of CA don't want homosexuality shoved down their throats by liberal courts or anyone else for that matter.
This has to be the funniest response I've ever seen. "Shoving homosexuality down our throats" is priceless. How exactly does that work anyway? It's not a virus. You can't catch it. Not only that, no one cares what you think about gay marraige. You think it's wrong? Good for you; keep it up. I don't really care, but I do care that people like you will go so far to deny someone rights because of what you think is wrong.

“You think U know but U don't”

Since: May 07

McMinnville

#11 Nov 6, 2008
Straight people have nothing to fear from Gay Marriage, you marry your straight partner, gays marry their gay partner. Nobody is forcing anything on YOU, although, You are FORCING gays to not be able to marry the person they love, and as you call it, live in sin instead....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Standup

United States

#12 Nov 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! We win agian. God bless people that still belive in the family. God bless California, Arizona and Florida. Not to mention Texas that did it years ago. Go families!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Standup

United States

#13 Nov 6, 2008
phazed_0ut wrote:
Straight people have nothing to fear from Gay Marriage, you marry your straight partner, gays marry their gay partner. Nobody is forcing anything on YOU, although, You are FORCING gays to not be able to marry the person they love, and as you call it, live in sin instead....
We don't fear gay marriage. We oppose it. Get used to it. Marriage is defined as that union between a man and a woman. Woo-hoo!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Standup

United States

#14 Nov 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Gag, they want to shove something down everyone's throats. GAG! We will stand up in defense!
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#15 Nov 6, 2008
Pat wrote:
How kind of you to be happy that other people can't be free to show their love nor to receive the same benefits as you.

You are truly American sir. Idiot.
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#16 Nov 6, 2008
r M of GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
WOO HOO !!!
I've been partying nonstop since yesterday !!!
CHALK UP A VICTORY FOR THE GOOD SIDE !!!
The good side?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Being un-American is now being on the good side?
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#17 Nov 6, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
How exactly is equality shoving something down your throat?
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#18 Nov 6, 2008
Standup wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! We win agian. God bless people that still belive in the family. God bless California, Arizona and Florida. Not to mention Texas that did it years ago. Go families!
god isn't real you buffoon. People are though, and you hating people and denying them things you take for granted is almost pure evil.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#19 Nov 6, 2008
Standup wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't fear gay marriage. We oppose it. Get used to it. Marriage is defined as that union between a man and a woman. Woo-hoo!
Why do you oppose it? Why do you believe a definition of two adults in a loving union..is so terrible?
The Authority

Morrisville, PA

#20 Nov 6, 2008
Standup wrote:
<quoted text>
Gag, they want to shove something down everyone's throats. GAG! We will stand up in defense!
What exactly are you defending?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 751
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 775,607
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Rick in Kansas 265,183
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min hojo 559,633
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min preteen girl 605,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min Chris Clearwater 175,684
Pastor Rod Parsley’s Father Dies at Age 80 (Jul '13) 1 hr Joyce 7
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr MUQ1 37,819
More from around the web