Are Black Women Hard to Approach?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Ogden, UT

#1 Nov 27, 2007
Time and time i have wondered if this is reality or just something personal. But It seems to me that black women are very hard to approach than other races.
dirty whiteboy

Lapeer, MI

#2 Nov 27, 2007
i've never found a black woman any harder to approach than a woman of another race. it might have something to do with your personal experience with the women that you have had contact with. keep trying man.

“iM THE TRUTH ... Y WULD i LiE ”

Since: Sep 07

kENYAN.BORN.TEXAS.MADE

#3 Nov 27, 2007
the rude ones are

..but the classy ones aren't

Since: Nov 07

Ogden, UT

#4 Nov 27, 2007
Women in general can be hard to approach if you lack experience required. My opinion is coming from several experiences from myself and others. But its like most black women have a wall up
dirty whiteboy

Lapeer, MI

#5 Nov 27, 2007
Black Beauty 08 wrote:
the rude ones are
..but the classy ones aren't
very true
CONCERNED BLACK FEMALE

Reston, VA

#6 Dec 23, 2007
PURSUIT OF GREATNESS wrote:
Women in general can be hard to approach if you lack experience required. My opinion is coming from several experiences from myself and others. But its like most black women have a wall up
APPROACH WITH SOME RESPECT....LIKE HELLO, HOW ARE YOU? THIS IS SURE A NICE DAY. JUST A GENERAL CLEAN CONVERSATION WITHOUT LOOKING AS IF YOU WANT TO RAPE HER.
in other words

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2007
CONCERNED BLACK FEMALE wrote:
<quoted text>
APPROACH WITH SOME RESPECT....LIKE HELLO, HOW ARE YOU? THIS IS SURE A NICE DAY. JUST A GENERAL CLEAN CONVERSATION WITHOUT LOOKING AS IF YOU WANT TO RAPE HER.
Don't check them out by way of feet working your way up her bod. Lust in a suttel way as so the lusty want notice. Git-R-Done the lustful way.
in other words

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2007
My bad. won't not want. Spelling 101, December 25th, 2007 at 6:00 a.m.. Don't be late.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#10 Dec 23, 2007
Just whip out a "C" note and see how unapproachable they are. I may add that it works every place in the world.
Raven

New York, NY

#11 Jul 15, 2008
A Black woman loves nothing more than a man that knows what he wants and how to show it. Don't be shy or hesitant. Don't be afraid to get shut down - that can even be endearing at times. And if you do get shut down, just smile, flatter her and walk away. They might call you back. And if they don't, there are plenty more where that came from - get over it!
another attack

Princeton, MN

#12 Jul 15, 2008
why would you want to approach one?
the kid

Memphis, TN

#13 Dec 2, 2008
why not approach one...black women are so beautiful and curvasious.. they are hard to talk to...but that the thrill of tryin to talk to them cause once you get them...they're yours forever

Since: Jun 08

DC

#14 Dec 6, 2008
bump..lol
Abob Jenkins

Cleveland, OH

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Raven wrote:
A Black woman loves nothing more than a man that knows what he wants and how to show it. Don't be shy or hesitant. Don't be afraid to get shut down - that can even be endearing at times. And if you do get shut down, just smile, flatter her and walk away. They might call you back. And if they don't, there are plenty more where that came from - get over it!
Get over it? Spoken like a true big-mouthed female. I bet you wouldn't say that if the situation was reversed. Truth be told, it's easy for women like you to talk trash since most of the time men are on the receiving end of rejection simply because they are usually the ones making the approach. In my opinion, though, many women who "dish it" would be emotionally destroyed if it happened to them. Can someone say "double standard"?
tish

United States

#16 Feb 11, 2009
Ummmmm the unclassy ones are hard cause they rude as hell!! I think it really depends on how you approach them. Im black and if a guy approaches me in a disrespectful way they gettin cussed out point blank.
Jsa

AOL

#17 Feb 11, 2009
I honestly think that men and women do not understand how to approach each other anymore. There seems to be skills lacking when it comes to communication. Not "macking skills", but the actual art of speaking to get one interested in you. To get one to feel comfortable around you. I see this everyday with my own two eyes.
I will be honest here. It has not been easy for me living these 23 years on earth. I am this young and I already feel so old having gone thru so much. I have had a hard life, and despite that I have tried to be the most upbeat individual. I used to be very caring of others and very kind. Now I have allowed myself to become cold, and indifferent. This is why I seem to be unapproachable. I struggle everyday with my appearance and my self-esteem. I want to feel good about myself and love myself like others seem to do so well. It is a STRUGGLE like you would not believe. Especially since everywhere you turn there seems to be some individual pointing out what is wrong with you not only as a woman, but as a BLACK woman. I deal with sexism, classism, and racism on a daily basis. Sexism from both black and white men. Classism from whites and blacks. Racism from those who are not black.
Yes I am unapproachable, but it is not to be mean or ignorant. It is to protect myself from those who would rather see me suffer or in harm's way. It is to protect myself from those who would toy with my feelings. Maybe one day I will change, and maybe the black women you know are going thru a lot of the same things I am. You never know unless you ask.
I also think that this issue of being unapproachable is not just a black woman issue, but a black people issue. I have tried talking to other black people and it has proved pointless, because they were so closed off.
Hope I made sense, and I hope I helped in some way.
Take care.

Since: Jun 08

DC

#20 Feb 23, 2009
Jsa wrote:
I honestly think that men and women do not understand how to approach each other anymore. There seems to be skills lacking when it comes to communication. Not "macking skills", but the actual art of speaking to get one interested in you. To get one to feel comfortable around you. I see this everyday with my own two eyes.
I will be honest here. It has not been easy for me living these 23 years on earth. I am this young and I already feel so old having gone thru so much. I have had a hard life, and despite that I have tried to be the most upbeat individual. I used to be very caring of others and very kind. Now I have allowed myself to become cold, and indifferent. This is why I seem to be unapproachable. I struggle everyday with my appearance and my self-esteem. I want to feel good about myself and love myself like others seem to do so well. It is a STRUGGLE like you would not believe. Especially since everywhere you turn there seems to be some individual pointing out what is wrong with you not only as a woman, but as a BLACK woman. I deal with sexism, classism, and racism on a daily basis. Sexism from both black and white men. Classism from whites and blacks. Racism from those who are not black.
Yes I am unapproachable, but it is not to be mean or ignorant. It is to protect myself from those who would rather see me suffer or in harm's way. It is to protect myself from those who would toy with my feelings. Maybe one day I will change, and maybe the black women you know are going thru a lot of the same things I am. You never know unless you ask.
I also think that this issue of being unapproachable is not just a black woman issue, but a black people issue. I have tried talking to other black people and it has proved pointless, because they were so closed off.
Hope I made sense, and I hope I helped in some way.
Take care.
good testimony
kpsmove

New York, NY

#21 May 17, 2009
This is a great topic I am not sure why but I rarely have issues approaching non black women most likely it is because we dont have a history. I am 43 and up until age 40 dated and approached only black women, this has lead to some deep scarring partially for my choice of women who in youth tended to be rough around the edges but as I got older and tried to approach women of more class I always got the not interested reply lol. Now that I am dating an asian girl and I really have no concern if she (black woman)wants to respond when I say hello in an elevator or just in casual passing I find many sisters want to have conversations with me which I indulge but dont pursue I have never enjoyed cheating. I am not sure if this new luck with black womnen is now based on my more relaxed mood maybe earlier I was say hello to soft and she never heard or maybe I was making her feel uncomfortable when admiring her beauty the world will never know.
gynuwyne MN

San Jose, CA

#23 Aug 20, 2009
I have sat here in my poor little work cube and read all you guyes notes and replies. I think you you all have great points and back the up very well.
But I believe that the root of this topic is Self - esteem, premaridal sex and this qoute on qoute Independent mess we as black men have to hear from tare black females.
Yes it can be very hard to try to talk to a beautiful women becasue A who likes rejection. Me personally I could cares less because I have also found that most fine women are single. why because they intimidate men with there beauty. Ihve dated gorgouse woen before , men would ask me how did you do it. I would always reply i made her "laugh and smile" men if you canmake a women laugh you are in, but don't mess up though you must come correct.
Next would be sex before marraige, the bible talks about the consequences of is act when you do it out of convent "marriage" dotnt get it twisted but you may have fun for a season but the seed you have just sown will harvest in the future and you will pay wether it is in insecureties, self esteem, hatred, walls up , children, and while your playing tough you when then miss out on th one who is for you. So we must make smart choices with our bodies,
Next would be this Independent mess we hear from these women, first of all like its easy being a Educated black male in any field, Y watch this becasue we can not be classified as "eye candle" I've seem the silliest women be promoted , not for her work ethic but fore her physical counteness. A man does not want to hear hows many degrees you have or how smart you are ladies. If you well versed in college, you should humble yourself and give thanks to the almight GOD put your self aside and get to know "one another" thats what a good man wants. I said a GOOD MAN. Men ladies want a man who walks in authority, who at least works A JOB and pours into her , build her up and it all starts with the 1st convo. So make her laugh and if shes single she well respond to you.
Peace out JD
please respond to me
my personall email is
jld2nd@gmail.com
Simon

New Port Richey, FL

#24 Aug 20, 2009
well if they are yelling "WATCHIT SUCKA" and swinging a purse, you'd probably be wise to run and hide. I'd suggest carrying a batch of dough so u can make gorilla cookies with their face

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 3 min naveen kumar 1,472
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min ChristineM 841,661
Is LIfe boring ? 27 min Irecknso_ 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min pusherman_ 591,359
9/11&bin 51 min REV CAROL 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 612,278
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 5,868
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr MUQ2 271,466
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr RiccardoFire 100,205
More from around the web