Mountain Grove Pawn Shop Patrons Bewa...

Mountain Grove Pawn Shop Patrons Beware!!!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

“IF YOU CAN'T BE HONEST SHUT UP”

Since: May 13

Earth

#1 May 15, 2013
Downtown Pawn Shop!!!
This Place is a bad merchant who will go so far as to accuse someone for breaking an already broken Guitar String in order for them to try and charge the store patron for broken strings that they have tied together to make it look as though their guitars are fully strung up. I Was telling the ladies they might fix the guitars properly in order to get the price they are asking for these old used and broken guitars so they can get a better price for the guitars since a few of them were nice but were also broken and had the hardware like Bridges, Pickups, Machine heads, and tone & Volume pots broken or changed for much cheaper ones. After all of this information I gave them they accused me of breaking 2 strings and wanted me to pay them $10.00 for 2 strings that were already broken and retied so the guitars looked strung up. When I tried to pay the $10.00 I asked for a receipt for the 2 broken strings and the lady threw the $10.00 I had handed her onto the ground. Earlier I had suggested that they put new strings on all their guitars and tune them up & have the necks & Bridges set up so people could try the guitars for sound quality and String action which are very important when choosing an Instrument for the sound you want to create. I pointed out the fact that the pickups on the Brown Washburn Electric Guitar were changed to Peavy Pickups and whoever did the job cut some of the body wood to fit the pickup and had never added the Square plastic or metal Pickup Guard to cover the holes in the wood. Some of the guitars there are very nice like they have a Squire Acoustic that has a Beautiful sound and is a nice guitar to play. For someone just starting to play this is a perfect guitar to learn on. They also have on display an Ibanez Acoustic Guitar a Very Beautiful Guitar Except for the fact that the Bridge Is Coming unglued and needs to be removed to fix it properly after the warping of the wood on the face of the guitar is Straightened and properly Braced she is asking $299.00 for the guitar as is and it will cost another $300.00 to fix it properly So Please Buyers warned of the extra cost Involved in the repairs. The Lady Kept coming over and wanting to write a sales ticket for every guitar I looked at. The Fact is I was there to make a purchase of 2 items she had for sale and had only taken the chance to look the guitars over again. When I went over to her gun case to see the Item I wanted to Purchase I was told to leave their store and never return I also wanted to purchase another item from her at a cost of $700.00 for the 2 items, her prices I might add. She told the second lady I was wanting a job with her which I can assure I never wanted She Profiled me because I had long hair I am new to the area and was wearing old torn close what she failed to realize was I had old clothes but a wallet full of money and as for my long hair I donate it to locks of love every 2 years when it get long enough to make wig for kids with cancer. The People at Downtown Pawn Shop #104 Union st, on the Square in Mountain Grove have no business running a store they don’t know how to treat people they judge them before they know them. She has other guitars in her shop some are OK and others are a Nightmare In repairs she has 2 bass guitars that look to be in decent shape but I didn’t inspect these closely so I can’t say if the electronics work on them but whatever you do don’t try to tune any of her guitars she may want to charge you $10.00 for 2 strings when a full set of strings cost between $6.00 & $10.00. By The Way If You Want to Purchase these brand and style Guitars you can get the Washburn for $200.00 Factory Refurbished With A Warranty On E-Bay You Also Get the Exact type and Style Ibanez Acoustic Electric Guitar For $175.00 Not Broken Or Warped like the one at the pawn Shop. I am writing this so the good people of Mountain Grove Don’t Get Taken in by buying Broken Guitar Equipment in need of work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Chilli J 47,478
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Just Think 692,215
Boys spying on their sisters (Jun '11) 24 min John 7
Add me on Skype for fun summerun1 59 min Summerun1 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr youareadufus 504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr youareadufus 990,751
Here’s What Oil Drilling Looks Like in the Arct... 4 hr Guy from Latonia 1
More from around the web