Best sad movie..... is there really that many?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 45
Next Last
Kasey

Tampa, FL

#1 Mar 29, 2007
I love sad movies they just make me cry and that is the best part of the movie, when you cry. Then there is a list of all of the best ones such as:

Titanic
A Walk To Remember
Romeo and Juliet(Leonardo DiCaprio version)
Troy(when Hector dies.. so does Achilles)
Antwan Fisher( happy movie but makes u cry)
Flicka(when Flicka almost dies)

but then the movies r so sad

Since: Feb 07

Rocky Hill, CT

#2 Mar 29, 2007
deep impact
lackawanna blues
all dogs go to heaven

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#3 Mar 29, 2007
The saddest movies ever made were
Brian's Song
and
Love Story

Can't think of any more right off the bat.
Michelle

Baltimore, MD

#4 Mar 29, 2007
I know what you mean thier sad but good cry therapy.
Here are some of my favorates:
Pianist
Titanic
Bridge to Terabithia
Beaches
Dead Mans Walk

“Snooze you lose”

Since: Mar 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Mar 29, 2007
Brian's Song (when James Caan dies)
Watership Down (when Hazel dies)
Trading Places (when the Dukes lose all their money)
Strawberry

United States

#6 Mar 29, 2007
It's hard say.Most of the best sad movies take you up and down,by mixing humor and 'lessons' of finding the good out of the tragedy,or lessons of the strength of the human spirit,etc. Steel Magnolias....Beaches....My Girl....Awakenings...A River Runs Through It. The more deeply intense ones such as...Lorenzo's Oil....The Color Purple...Lady Sings The Blues....and Of Mice And Men. I feel weird saying this but the only two out of all these tear-jerkers I actually cried watching was...The Color Purple...and Beaches...I cried at the 1st one out of happiness for 'Celie' at the end of the movie,and I guess for the 2nd because of Bette Midler's singing! Darn her!

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

A galaxy near you.

#7 Mar 30, 2007
Steel Magnolias
Old Yeller
Amadaeus

JCS

Littleton, Co

#8 Mar 30, 2007
By far the saddest movie is "My life" It makes me sob for hours!

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#9 Mar 30, 2007
JCS wrote:
By far the saddest movie is "My life" It makes me sob for hours!
I thought "My Life" was a comedy of Errors...lol
Peace2U

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2007
Strawberry wrote:
It's hard say.Most of the best sad movies take you up and down,by mixing humor and 'lessons' of finding the good out of the tragedy,or lessons of the strength of the human spirit,etc. Steel Magnolias....Beaches....My Girl....Awakenings...A River Runs Through It. The more deeply intense ones such as...Lorenzo's Oil....The Color Purple...Lady Sings The Blues....and Of Mice And Men. I feel weird saying this but the only two out of all these tear-jerkers I actually cried watching was...The Color Purple...and Beaches...I cried at the 1st one out of happiness for 'Celie' at the end of the movie,and I guess for the 2nd because of Bette Midler's singing! Darn her!
Wow, you nailed most of my picks-Steel Magnolias still makes me bawl-didn't help that the first time I saw it I was pregnant and on bedrest!!
Beaches is another fave-I love Bette. She had another movie that was a tear-jerker, I haven't seen it in years-Stella.

Armageddon is a fave-High action, some comedy, and his speech to his daughter gets me-especially when that one tear runs down his cheek!
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#12 Mar 30, 2007
DebJ wrote:
Steel Magnolias
Old Yeller
Amadaeus
Amadeus? Old Yeller, I understand, but a the movie about Mozart, I found that to be quite funny at times!

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

A galaxy near you.

#13 Mar 30, 2007
Strawberry wrote:
Oh yes! Of Mice And Men and Awakenings, I didn't think of those! Another one ~ My Left Foot with Daniel Day~Lewis.

Kleenex makes a small fortune off of me.
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#14 Mar 30, 2007
Patch Adams
Free Willy
Titanic

“Searching for the True America”

Dallas

#15 Mar 30, 2007
Sophie's Choice

King Kong (the most recent version)

Pasttime (maybe the greatest baseball movie ever made and extemely sad)

Breaking the Waves

The Way We Were

Days of Wine and Roses

21 Grams

Those are a few that come to mind immediately.
RockClimber

Aurora, CO

#16 Mar 30, 2007
The Lion King.
I've only seen that movie once when I was little because it was too sad when his dad dies!
jackmech

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Mar 30, 2007
The saddest movie ever... Imitation of life
Georgie Bush Jr

Elkridge, MD

#18 Mar 30, 2007
Life as a House, if you have not seen it. I highly recommend. Kevin Kline at his best.
Kasey

Tampa, FL

#19 Mar 30, 2007
Yeah Old Yeller! I havent seen that movie since i was 7! Lion King is kinda sad cuz of Mufasa.... Steel Magnolias and Bridge to Terabithia were both sad and Brain's song I saw 2 yrs ago and it was kinda boring then it was sad when Brian dies. Another one is 8 Seconds... the obe with a bull rider and he dies from a pushing up the spinal cord to the brain and he dies... yeah it was sad
Strawberry

United States

#20 Mar 30, 2007
Jennifer Watts wrote:
Patch Adams
Free Willy
Titanic
Patch Adams is one of my favorite movies.I've watched it 2 or 3 times. And I always like movies based on true life people.I found it fascinating how this genius actually understood how comedy could be healing to sick people. His peers didn't seem to understand it though! The reason I didn't list it is because I wasn't sure if it was more a comedy movie or sad.Anyway loved it.
Jennifer Watts

Waynesville, NC

#21 Mar 30, 2007
hi,cool,101 dalmations,102 dalmations,moulin rouge,any movies about cancer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Aura Mytha 831,273
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min dollarsbill 3,717
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min WildWeirdWillie 176,584
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Anthony MN 586,319
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 58 min Paul Porter1 442,990
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Neelakaran 6,446
Das Leitbild der Aztec Group 1 hr xoxobella25 6
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr TIM958 611,961
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 99,360
More from around the web