Comments
36,881 - 36,900 of 37,003 Comments Last updated May 23, 2014
Arianna

Gatesville, TX

#41608 Nov 10, 2012
Mackenzieee wrote:
You are the reason women die from Backyard Clinics. Don;t you understand women will DIE in GREAT numbers if abortion is made illegal?
I personally, would NEVER dream of abortiong my child. But I am PRO-CHOICE. A woman should be able to CHOOSE what goes on with her body! It should not be up to the public, but up to the woman.
^ Actually, it is only up to God. If God allows a child to be conceived, then he has a plan for that child. Abortion stops the plan of God. Instead of taking matters into their own hands, they should trust in God to work things out. Abortion shows a lack of faith in God, which in the bible is a sin. Therefore, abortion is a sin.
Arianna

Gatesville, TX

#41609 Nov 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Bad argument, honey. The aborted fetus could have been born to be a serial or mass murderer, a child rapist, the person that develops the weapon that wipes out the world. There you go.
This has all been covered, newbie:)
Uhm actually, this is a bad response. The parents of the aborted child should have trust in God to raise their child in his hands. God is great, and so are his plans.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#41610 Nov 12, 2012
Arianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm actually, this is a bad response. The parents of the aborted child should have trust in God to raise their child in his hands. God is great, and so are his plans.
not everyone believes in your god.
Ocean56

AOL

#41611 Nov 12, 2012
Arianna wrote:
1. A lot of people, myself included, DON'T believe in your god.

2. It's up to EACH woman to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Not YOUR pregnancy? Not your decision.

3. You don't get to make sexual and reproductive decisions for anyone but yourself.

4. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy has occurred. Not every woman wants pregnancy or children, no matter what your BELIEFS may be.

5. NO woman has to run her life by religious authoritarians. I certainly don't, and no one else has to do so either.
Ocean56

AOL

#41612 Nov 12, 2012
Arianna wrote:
Actually, it is only up to God. If God allows a child to be conceived, then he has a plan for that child. Abortion stops the plan of God. Instead of taking matters into their own hands, they should trust in God to work things out. Abortion shows a lack of faith in God, which in the bible is a sin. Therefore, abortion is a sin.
Actually, the ONLY person who decides whether or not to continue a pregnancy is the WOMAN who is pregnant. If you aren't the woman who's pregnant, another woman's decision is none of your business.

I couldn't care less what your ideas of what a so-called "sin" is, so what your so-called "god" wants is irrelevant to me. Nor do I run my life by what religious authoritarians believe. You're entitled to believe whatever you like. You are NOT entitled to impose those beliefs on all women.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, which means a woman can opt OUT of motherhood if she doesn't want pregnancy or children. The United States isn't a theocracy, dear. Try to keep that in mind.
noel

Cookstown, UK

#41613 Dec 24, 2012
Mackenzieee wrote:
Pregnancy and parenting takes a HUGE toll on the females mind, body, and emotions. And truth is, if a woman accidentally gets pregnant, she may not be emotionally, mentally, physically, or financially ready for child. The adoption opition IS easier said then done! I would know first hand. Adoption is not that easy to do. So wh should a woman NOT have a choice?
Also, a woman can only get an abortion during the first trimester. During the first trimester, or the first 3 months, the baby is NOT a baby. It is an embryo.
DEFINITION OF EMBRYO:
SOMETHING THE IS UNDERDEVELOPED. THEY LAYING DOWN OF FUNDIMENTAL CELLS AND TISSUES. NO HEART BEAT PRESENT IN MAMMALS. AND UNDERDEVELOPED CELL.
It is simply 2 combined cells. It can't feel and is NOT a human. Simply 2 combined cells. If you think of the development of the embryo, it is NOT a human. It is not a human until AFTER the 3rd month when a heart beat is present and the embryo becomes a fetus. If you think about it logically, you will see my point of view.
Most of you are not aware of something called:
BACKYARD CLINICS.
At on point in the late 70's early 80's, abortion WAS illegal. When that happened, women would go into people basements, alleys, and other non-sanitary places to get an abortion. The abortion would be someone beating the mother until she lost it, throwing herself downstairs, and/or inserting a clothes hanger to probe the womb and kill the baby, and other harmful ways. Harmful to the mother as well. In many cases, the mother would DIE.
If we make abortion illegal, women will DIE trying to rid themselves of their unborn. So why not save a mother, and potentially a child, by keeping abortion legal or PRO- CHOICE??????? When I say potentially saving a child, I mean if the child was born and NOT given up for adoption, the child could face poverty, a life with the birth mother, could put the child into poverty, the reason the mother may have wanted to give the child up in the first place. The reason the child may have not given up the child for adoption, was an emotional strain. Adoption causes sever depression in women. And is therefore VERY difficult. If a child is adopted, it may lead the child to have to go to therapy in the way, that the child may be insecure, unsure, and untrusting. It is proven that adopted children face many hardships in frowing up without their birth mother or parents.
If the embryo IS aborted, it will not have to face hardship.
IN CONCLUSION, do many women a favor, keep them alive and healthy, and keep children out of possible poverty, and out of mental unstability out of their lives, and keep abortion LEGAL AND PRO-CHOICE.
BECAUSE IF YOU THIN KABOUT IT LOGICALLY, ABORTION IS NOT A CRIME, NOR IS IT CRUEL.
YOU WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND.
How come if it is o k then why does the mother of the unborn baby have a guilty feeling to the day she dies, and all your arguments won't change that. The fifth commandment thou shalt not kill, it is God you defy not me or anyone else, and I don't you can pay the huge price there is for defing God.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#41614 Dec 24, 2012
noel wrote:
<quoted text>How come if it is o k then why does the mother of the unborn baby have a guilty feeling to the day she dies, and all your arguments won't change that. The fifth commandment thou shalt not kill, it is God you defy not me or anyone else, and I don't you can pay the huge price there is for defing God.
I tend to have an overactive conscience. I had an abortion in 1980. I have truly never one pang of guilt over it. Time has proved that I made the absolutely proper decision for my family and myself. Your blanket statement is pure bullcrap. And wishful thinking on your part, apparently.

Atrisco Village

#41615 Dec 24, 2012
Arianna wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman makes the decision that is best for her. You do what you want and other women will do what they want.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#41617 Dec 25, 2012
Abortion is the MURDER of an unborn child! If you don't want to bear your child,give them up for adoption,or don't have sex! God SEES EVERY ABORTION MURDER!!! The next time you're laying on a table with your legs open so some poor excuse for a doctor can MURDER your child,just remember THIS: The Lord God who created you,created the earth,created the universe,and before whom you will stand one Day.....IS WATCHING.

Atrisco Village

#41618 Dec 25, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Abortion is the MURDER of an unborn child! If you don't want to bear your child,give them up for adoption,or don't have sex! God SEES EVERY ABORTION MURDER!!! The next time you're laying on a table with your legs open so some poor excuse for a doctor can MURDER your child,just remember THIS: The Lord God who created you,created the earth,created the universe,and before whom you will stand one Day.....IS WATCHING.
Nope.
Andrew

Kellyville, Australia

#41620 Jan 2, 2013
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
Rape is not an accident. It is a violent crime. If a woman becomes pregnant as a result from a rape, she has an incredible opportunity to turn her negative situation around. Rape is no excuse to kill.
Also, please remember that there is no legitimate reason a woman would resort to a "Backyard Clinic"... Today, a woman can walk into any hospital and just leave her baby. No questions asked. There is absolutely no excuse for killing an unborn baby.
What a load of crap, how dare you tell a victim of rape that she has to carry around a constant reminder of that rape for 9 months, how dare you tell someone else that she has to sacrifice a portion of her life because of something she had nothing to do with. There are millions of unwanted and abused babies in the world as it is and you want to add to that. You say there no justification for having a abortion, I say there is no justification for bringing a baby into the world when it isnt wanted or wont be looked after.
Andrew

Kellyville, Australia

#41621 Jan 2, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Please point me to the part in the bible were it says there will be no abortion. The bible was written around 2000 years ago, how big a issue was abortion then. Apparantly abortions are considered murder but starting wars and killing people isnt, how many F*&^%$ wars have religions started, but hey thats not a problem is it you hyprocrites.
Andrew

Kellyville, Australia

#41622 Jan 2, 2013
noel wrote:
<quoted text>How come if it is o k then why does the mother of the unborn baby have a guilty feeling to the day she dies, and all your arguments won't change that. The fifth commandment thou shalt not kill, it is God you defy not me or anyone else, and I don't you can pay the huge price there is for defing God.

How the hell would you know wether she has a guilty feeling for the rest of life, have you asked everyone that ever had a abortion. Just because you feel guilty about some things doesnt mean that underneath it all you dont know you done the right thing. Yeah the fifth commandent, thats why churches have consistently waged war throughout history. You lot are the bigest F%$#@&* hyprocrites of all time.
Ocean56

AOL

#41623 Jan 2, 2013
noel wrote:
How come if it is o k then why does the mother of the unborn baby have a guilty feeling to the day she dies, and all your arguments won't change that. The fifth commandment thou shalt not kill, it is God you defy not me or anyone else, and I don't you can pay the huge price there is for defing God.
Yes, there are SOME women who may feel guilty about having an abortion. There are also some women who feel no guilt about it at all. Claiming or implying that all women feel guilty about it is blatantly DISHONEST.

Below are personal stories from women who don't "have a guilty feeling to the day they die." They generally regret GETTING pregnant in the first place.

http://www.imnotsorry.net

Atrisco Village

#41624 Jan 2, 2013
The women that do feel guilty about having abortions often seek help, which is good, but the number is quite low, compared to the number of abortions. To state that women are going through life eaten up with unresolved guilt over their abortions is simply wishful thinking on the parts of "pro-lifers."

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#41625 Jan 2, 2013
Arianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god's plans are great? These parents trusted in someone's so called god for help and are raising their children as best they can. Here's a sneek peek at your god's plan, shame on you:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/Rabe_L...
Lyndi

Sarasota, FL

#41626 Jan 24, 2013
noel wrote:
The primary feeling post abortion for most women, is R-E-L-I-E-F. 850+ million women have had an abortion worldwide in the last 40 years and I promise you 850+ million women are not wandering around feeling guilty.
If a girl/woman feels guilt post abortion and it lasts "until the day they die," they clearly made the wrong decision.
===
Regarding your reference to God, please keep in mind that not everyone believes a pregnancy is the work of God but rather a biological process between a man and a woman.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#41628 Feb 12, 2013
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point me to the part in the bible were it says there will be no abortion. The bible was written around 2000 years ago, how big a issue was abortion then. Apparantly abortions are considered murder but starting wars and killing people isnt, how many F*&^%$ wars have religions started, but hey thats not a problem is it you hyprocrites.
Interesting how so many of you abortion advocates like to justify the blood shedding action by pointing to wars and people being killed in other ways, seems to be your M.O.

Since: Feb 13

United States

#41630 Feb 21, 2013
elise stfu
.smh..arent u glad ur mother didnt abort you??????? get it together people....
AGAINST ABORTIONS

Saskatoon, Canada

#41631 Feb 22, 2013
i personally think your sick and twisted if you find nothing wrong with killing an unborn child.unstability is a LAME excuse. "Accidenlty" get pregnant hahaha there own horney selfish needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Aquarius-WY 539,219
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Black Thunder 42 600,017
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 258,085
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 733,231
Good bye Michael Sam 14 min cowboy 12
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 34 min Classic 1,768
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 50 min bad bob 173,285
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,391
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••