There Is Nothing Wrong With Abortion!

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 1850
Next Last
Mackenzieee

United States

#1 Jul 30, 2007
Pregnancy and parenting takes a HUGE toll on the females mind, body, and emotions. And truth is, if a woman accidentally gets pregnant, she may not be emotionally, mentally, physically, or financially ready for child. The adoption opition IS easier said then done! I would know first hand. Adoption is not that easy to do. So wh should a woman NOT have a choice?

Also, a woman can only get an abortion during the first trimester. During the first trimester, or the first 3 months, the baby is NOT a baby. It is an embryo.
DEFINITION OF EMBRYO:
SOMETHING THE IS UNDERDEVELOPED. THEY LAYING DOWN OF FUNDIMENTAL CELLS AND TISSUES. NO HEART BEAT PRESENT IN MAMMALS. AND UNDERDEVELOPED CELL.
It is simply 2 combined cells. It can't feel and is NOT a human. Simply 2 combined cells. If you think of the development of the embryo, it is NOT a human. It is not a human until AFTER the 3rd month when a heart beat is present and the embryo becomes a fetus. If you think about it logically, you will see my point of view.

Most of you are not aware of something called:
BACKYARD CLINICS.
At on point in the late 70's early 80's, abortion WAS illegal. When that happened, women would go into people basements, alleys, and other non-sanitary places to get an abortion. The abortion would be someone beating the mother until she lost it, throwing herself downstairs, and/or inserting a clothes hanger to probe the womb and kill the baby, and other harmful ways. Harmful to the mother as well. In many cases, the mother would DIE.

If we make abortion illegal, women will DIE trying to rid themselves of their unborn. So why not save a mother, and potentially a child, by keeping abortion legal or PRO- CHOICE??????? When I say potentially saving a child, I mean if the child was born and NOT given up for adoption, the child could face poverty, a life with the birth mother, could put the child into poverty, the reason the mother may have wanted to give the child up in the first place. The reason the child may have not given up the child for adoption, was an emotional strain. Adoption causes sever depression in women. And is therefore VERY difficult. If a child is adopted, it may lead the child to have to go to therapy in the way, that the child may be insecure, unsure, and untrusting. It is proven that adopted children face many hardships in frowing up without their birth mother or parents.

If the embryo IS aborted, it will not have to face hardship.
IN CONCLUSION, do many women a favor, keep them alive and healthy, and keep children out of possible poverty, and out of mental unstability out of their lives, and keep abortion LEGAL AND PRO-CHOICE.
BECAUSE IF YOU THIN KABOUT IT LOGICALLY, ABORTION IS NOT A CRIME, NOR IS IT CRUEL.
YOU WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mackenzieee

United States

#2 Jul 30, 2007
By the way thanks for reading. It took me a loooong time to research and write. So I appreciate your opinions, but people, can this NOT turn into a blood bath or a war??????
Cubby

Sequim, WA

#4 Jul 30, 2007
Abortion is the last choice that most anyone would choose. Other than a few sick individuals, nobody desires to abort a living healthy being.
After all is said it is the hostess who has a right to make the decision. The only concern anyone else should have is that there is a healthy and safe way to procede.
There are posters who try to add to the stigma of a decision made in the past and cannot be reversed. They have little mind or heart but BIG egos.
calling_loli

United States

#5 Jul 30, 2007
i agree.
unless there's some random slut that concieved a baby just to kill it

idk
Mackenzieee

United States

#6 Jul 31, 2007
I don't thank anyone would do that unless they were clinically insane!
Another point I failed to bring up as a teenager. Say a 13 year old girl got raped, or just pregnant in general. A teenage girl can't HANDLE the emotional, mental, or physical STRAIN of pregnancy or DELIVERY. So wouldn't it be in a the best intrest of the girl to save her mind, body, and emotions??????? A underdeveloped child/person, could DIE from pregnancy or deleivery. Or say the mother had AIDS or another disease and didn't want to pass it through into her child???? Wouldn't it be in thebest intrest of the unborn to not have to live with a disease, or a potentially fatal one??????????

Yet ANOTHER reason abortion should be PRO-CHOICE AND LEGAL!
Innocent Bystander

Vernon Hills, IL

#7 Jul 31, 2007
Too bad the idea of abortion can't be made RETROACTIVE . . . like why limit ending life at a certain tri-mester . . . why not crank it up to like 30 years. Then everyone who suppors abortion can end their own lives within 120 tri-mesters.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Cats are angels in furry coats”

Since: May 07

In memory of my Sophia

#8 Jul 31, 2007
Women can get abortions after the first trimester. Some states have certain conditions that must be met, others don't. Some states allow third trimester abortions at will, but according to statistics, only 1.5% of ALL abortions are done then. Despite many Pro-Lifer's rantings about it, it's extremely rare.

A few other facts we've learned. Each year, there are 1.3 Million abortions. Many abortion opponents insist adoption is a better choice, yet none of them can come up with a plan to feed, house and nurture 1.3 million additional infants each and ever year. Nor can they give any idea of how our society will handle five million new children in a four year time span. There are no statistics on how many parents are waiting to adopt, but we've given them a generous figure of 500,000 prospective adoptive parents. That means the first year, we'd have over half a million children in foster homes or orphanages, which cannot handle the current load of foster children. Where they will go and how they will be taken care of does not concern these people. I call that irresponsibility at it's highest.

Good luck with this not being a bloodbath! There are four other abortion threads and each turned into a name-calling, judgmental, pit of despair. I hope yours is better!

In memory of my Sophia

#9 Jul 31, 2007
Innocent Bystander wrote:
Too bad the idea of abortion can't be made RETROACTIVE ... like why limit ending life at a certain tri-mester ... why not crank it up to like 30 years. Then everyone who suppors abortion can end their own lives within 120 tri-mesters.
Thank you for your opinion. I'll file it away.
Mackenzieee

United States

#10 Jul 31, 2007
You are the reason women die from Backyard Clinics. Don;t you understand women will DIE in GREAT numbers if abortion is made illegal?
I personally, would NEVER dream of abortiong my child. But I am PRO-CHOICE. A woman should be able to CHOOSE what goes on with her body! It should not be up to the public, but up to the woman.
Observer

AOL

#11 Jul 31, 2007
Please allow me to jump into the fray. I am a conservative. I am catholic. And I agree. Abortion during the first trimester should be fine. Young girls especially are ill-equipped to handle the responsibilities of childbirth and child rearing. Rape and incest are obvious situations where an abortion is warranted. However, like most Americans, I do have an issue with partial birth procedures for reasons too sensible to discuss here.

Now, having said that, let me add one comment. I firmly and passionately believe that the abortion issue with never be settled in America for the same reason capital punishment won't. The politicians from both political parties DO NOT WANT THE ISSUES RESOLVED. Pols love divisive issues so they can use them during election/campaign times. As a result, we will sadly never resolve these problems.

In memory of my Sophia

#12 Jul 31, 2007
Mackenzieee, please use the "reply" link when replying to a specific post. I'm not sure if you're replying to me or to InnocentBystander. Thanks :)
Jane

Phenix City, AL

#13 Jul 31, 2007
Mackenzieee wrote:
Pregnancy and parenting takes a HUGE toll on the females mind, body, and emotions. And truth is, if a woman accidentally gets pregnant, she may not be emotionally, mentally, physically, or financially ready for child. The adoption opition IS easier said then done! I would know first hand. Adoption is not that easy to do. So wh should a woman NOT have a choice?
Also, a woman can only get an abortion during the first trimester. During the first trimester, or the first 3 months, the baby is NOT a baby. It is an embryo.
It is not a human until AFTER the 3rd month when a heart beat is present and the embryo becomes a fetus. If you think about it logically, you will see my point of view.

In many cases, the mother would DIE.
If we make abortion illegal, women will DIE trying to rid themselves of their unborn. So why not save a mother, and potentially a child, by keeping abortion legal or PRO- CHOICE??????? When I say potentially saving a child, I mean if the child was born and NOT given up for adoption, the child could face poverty, a life with the birth mother, could put the child into poverty, the reason the mother may have wanted to give the child up in the first place. The reason the child may have not given up the child for adoption, was an emotional strain. Adoption causes sever depression in women. And is therefore VERY difficult. If a child is adopted, it may lead the child to have to go to therapy in the way, that the child may be insecure, unsure, and untrusting. It is proven that adopted children face many hardships in frowing up without their birth mother or parents.
If the embryo IS aborted, it will not have to face hardship.
IN CONCLUSION, do many women a favor, keep them alive and healthy, and keep children out of possible poverty, and out of mental unstability out of their lives, and keep abortion LEGAL AND PRO-CHOICE.
BECAUSE IF YOU THIN KABOUT IT LOGICALLY, ABORTION IS NOT A CRIME, NOR IS IT CRUEL.
YOU WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND.
If a woman accidentally gets pregnant... please. Women don't accidentally get pregnant. They are careless. She may not be emotionally, mentally, physically, or financially ready for child.... Then protect yourself or refrain from having sex. The adoption opition IS easier said then done... This is true, however, well worth it!
During the first trimester, or the first 3 months, the baby is NOT a baby... Totally false. I am 2 months pregnant and saw the heartbeat the otherday. The head and body are forming... it looks like a baby. The reason they say undeveloped is because the baby cannot live on its own yet.
If we make abortion illegal, women will DIE trying to rid themselves of their unborn.... So, you believe women have more of a right to life than children?
NOT given up for adoption, the child could face poverty, a life with the birth mother, could put the child into poverty, the reason the mother may have wanted to give the child up in the first place... Today, any woman can walk into a hospital and leave their child (no questions asked). She can also give the child up for adoption.
The reason the child may have not given up the child for adoption, was an emotional strain. Adoption causes sever depression in women. And is therefore VERY difficult.... It's a sad day when a woman finds it much easier to kill her child than to give it up for adoption.
In conclusion, all of your arguements point to the well-being of the mother. It's all about making her feel better, making her happy, not inconveniencing her with a child... Please! We have become such a selfish people. Please rememeber that if a woman didn't give her child up for adoption, you wouldn't have had the PRIVILEGE to have been able to adopt.
Women should have no right to kill their unborn, ever!
Mackenzieee

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2007
Observer wrote:
Please allow me to jump into the fray. I am a conservative. I am catholic. And I agree. Abortion during the first trimester should be fine. Young girls especially are ill-equipped to handle the responsibilities of childbirth and child rearing. Rape and incest are obvious situations where an abortion is warranted. However, like most Americans, I do have an issue with partial birth procedures for reasons too sensible to discuss here.
Now, having said that, let me add one comment. I firmly and passionately believe that the abortion issue with never be settled in America for the same reason capital punishment won't. The politicians from both political parties DO NOT WANT THE ISSUES RESOLVED. Pols love divisive issues so they can use them during election/campaign times. As a result, we will sadly never resolve these problems.
I completly agree! Thank you!
Mackenzieee

United States

#15 Jul 31, 2007
Mama-san wrote:
Mackenzieee, please use the "reply" link when replying to a specific post. I'm not sure if you're replying to me or to InnocentBystander. Thanks :)
I meant to. I'm sorry, I was not pointing that comment towards you, but to "Innocent Bystander". Firgive me.=)
Mackenzieee

United States

#16 Jul 31, 2007
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman accidentally gets pregnant... please. Women don't accidentally get pregnant. They are careless. She may not be emotionally, mentally, physically, or financially ready for child.... Then protect yourself or refrain from having sex. The adoption opition IS easier said then done... This is true, however, well worth it!
During the first trimester, or the first 3 months, the baby is NOT a baby... Totally false. I am 2 months pregnant and saw the heartbeat the otherday. The head and body are forming... it looks like a baby. The reason they say undeveloped is because the baby cannot live on its own yet.
If we make abortion illegal, women will DIE trying to rid themselves of their unborn.... So, you believe women have more of a right to life than children?
NOT given up for adoption, the child could face poverty, a life with the birth mother, could put the child into poverty, the reason the mother may have wanted to give the child up in the first place... Today, any woman can walk into a hospital and leave their child (no questions asked). She can also give the child up for adoption.
The reason the child may have not given up the child for adoption, was an emotional strain. Adoption causes sever depression in women. And is therefore VERY difficult.... It's a sad day when a woman finds it much easier to kill her child than to give it up for adoption.
In conclusion, all of your arguements point to the well-being of the mother. It's all about making her feel better, making her happy, not inconveniencing her with a child... Please! We have become such a selfish people. Please rememeber that if a woman didn't give her child up for adoption, you wouldn't have had the PRIVILEGE to have been able to adopt.
A woman can accidentally get pregnant from RAPE. What if a woman has a disease such as AIDS or Cancer, and does NOT want to pass this onto her child? Wouldn't it be in the best intrest fo the child, to not even have to face a life with the potentially fatal disease? A woman should have the right to do what she wants PROFESSILLY with her unborn child ONLY DURING the first trimester. That beings said, a woman who is faced with no choice of abortion will try to kill her unborn child in a BRUTAL way and possibly kill herself. There are REASONS we have restrictions to abortion. Women will ALWAYS have an oppritunity to abort her child illegal or not. Like I said, if abortion becomes illegal she will go to a Backyard Clinic and the result of her non-secure and non SAFE abortion could kill her as well.
Mackenzieee

United States

#17 Jul 31, 2007
Mama-san wrote:
Women can get abortions after the first trimester. Some states have certain conditions that must be met, others don't. Some states allow third trimester abortions at will, but according to statistics, only 1.5% of ALL abortions are done then. Despite many Pro-Lifer's rantings about it, it's extremely rare.
A few other facts we've learned. Each year, there are 1.3 Million abortions. Many abortion opponents insist adoption is a better choice, yet none of them can come up with a plan to feed, house and nurture 1.3 million additional infants each and ever year. Nor can they give any idea of how our society will handle five million new children in a four year time span. There are no statistics on how many parents are waiting to adopt, but we've given them a generous figure of 500,000 prospective adoptive parents. That means the first year, we'd have over half a million children in foster homes or orphanages, which cannot handle the current load of foster children. Where they will go and how they will be taken care of does not concern these people. I call that irresponsibility at it's highest.
Good luck with this not being a bloodbath! There are four other abortion threads and each turned into a name-calling, judgmental, pit of despair. I hope yours is better!
Thank you for your opinion, I think its well put together.

In memory of my Sophia

#18 Jul 31, 2007
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman is on birth control pills or a patch, and gets pregnant, how is she careless??? If a man uses a condom, how is that careless???

Birth control is NOT 100%. Even a combination is not 100%. It's more protection that one form alone.

I adore my children and my grandchildren. Yet, even I cannot say that a 2 month embryo looks like a baby. It has a head and a tiny blob for a body. No arms, no legs, and it doesn't even have a brain yet. A brain stem, yes.

To allow our emotions to rule in this issue has done more damage than anything else has. Abortion is an intensely personal issue. It is between the woman and her conscience. No one else has to carry the baby, deliver it, or raise it. Therefore, it shouldn't be anyone else's concern.
patty

Miami, FL

#20 Jul 31, 2007
An Abortion is a very quick and simple procedure.
It takes only a few minutes and not much pain , feels like menstrual cramps. Doctor gives you a mild pain-killer. Its a blob of cells, an embryo.
The religious nuts are liars and should stop pushing their lies on everybody.
Jane

Phenix City, AL

#21 Jul 31, 2007
Mackenzieee wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman can accidentally get pregnant from RAPE. What if a woman has a disease such as AIDS or Cancer, and does NOT want to pass this onto her child? Wouldn't it be in the best intrest fo the child, to not even have to face a life with the potentially fatal disease? A woman should have the right to do what she wants PROFESSILLY with her unborn child ONLY DURING the first trimester. That beings said, a woman who is faced with no choice of abortion will try to kill her unborn child in a BRUTAL way and possibly kill herself. There are REASONS we have restrictions to abortion. Women will ALWAYS have an oppritunity to abort her child illegal or not. Like I said, if abortion becomes illegal she will go to a Backyard Clinic and the result of her non-secure and non SAFE abortion could kill her as well.
Rape is not an accident. It is a violent crime. If a woman becomes pregnant as a result from a rape, she has an incredible opportunity to turn her negative situation around. Rape is no excuse to kill.

Also, please remember that there is no legitimate reason a woman would resort to a "Backyard Clinic"... Today, a woman can walk into any hospital and just leave her baby. No questions asked. There is absolutely no excuse for killing an unborn baby.
Jane

Phenix City, AL

#22 Jul 31, 2007
Mama-san wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman is on birth control pills or a patch, and gets pregnant, how is she careless??? If a man uses a condom, how is that careless???
Birth control is NOT 100%. Even a combination is not 100%. It's more protection that one form alone.
I adore my children and my grandchildren. Yet, even I cannot say that a 2 month embryo looks like a baby. It has a head and a tiny blob for a body. No arms, no legs, and it doesn't even have a brain yet. A brain stem, yes.
To allow our emotions to rule in this issue has done more damage than anything else has. Abortion is an intensely personal issue. It is between the woman and her conscience. No one else has to carry the baby, deliver it, or raise it. Therefore, it shouldn't be anyone else's concern.
If a woman gets pregnant while on the pill, I would look at it like a gift from God, a privilege, NOT a burden to get rid of by killing. If you are not prepared to raise the child, please have the decency to give it up for adoption...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1850
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min River Tam 92,727
Florya MIELE SERVISI (2I2) 2O2 62 35 - 2O2 62 3... 10 min birimariza 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 286,086
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 46,040
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,101
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 4 hr truth 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr trifecta1 979,463
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web