Binghamton, New York

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 6, 2014
People want to know about Binghamton. It is a depressed and depressing community with no up turn in sight. It has been on a downward trajectory for the last 25 years. It has absurd taxes because the few people who can read are stuck paying taxes to provide resources to the continuous influx of people with housing vouchers and food stamps. The university is a large public generic school where most students hang with their high school friends who come to college with them. It has a reputation based on what it was like 25 years ago. It is not the "shining star" of the SUNY system. it is not a "Public Ivy". It is a generic large school with a faculty student ratio of 1:20 which is larger than any other school I've seen. You'll be stuck in classes with more than 200 or 300 students. The rumor is that assistant professors who win teaching awards are given the boot soon afterwards. Binghamton. I'd do anything I could to get the hell out of there. It is a miserable place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Tide with Beach 854,057
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min HipGnosis 786
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min vishnu 7,332
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 13 min Dr Abdullah Saleh 78
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Dan 595,970
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 27 min RFD 246
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min New Age Spiritual... 612,602
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 100,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Legendary Karma 444,172
More from around the web