grubby

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

some of the poor chaps in their 20's are so lazy they look like thay are going backwards..the 40 to 60 year old employees seem to know how to manage a day at work much better, and yes they are doing physical labor..what up with that?
grubby

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

I see more discussions on the rc's and aimless walking around by kids who want to goof off at various times of the day or jokesters who goof off or talk football team scores and plays than i see people working.some talk is ok, but the blatant fatass that likes to talk more than work needs to get a job as a politician instead. I see platinum and gold workers not helping much and cutting loose sooner for lunch and the end of day clock out "the big event" is to see everyone staring at the clock for 8 minutes before they swipe their badges..pretty funny if not leeming like in nature.

I see some shippers who can barely help or look the other way when a "poor other guy" is struggling in a trailer, what ever happened to real teamwork and a work ethic..no wonder we do not have any manufacturing jobs here in the USA.

This generation of kids is expecting it all to be handed to them as if they are on the "entitlement-program " I have had a few jobs in my day and yes i have aches and pains and I'm no spring chicken either, but I show up each day regardless if i have unflossed teeth or not.
Grubby
jojo

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

yes i too work there and am grateful to be working. it is not all a bed of roses but i endure the changes. there seems to be a new change installed. More people to be on their work kti on standard scores rather than as a non kti scorer or a off standard person.

what seems to be quite apparent to me is the lack of focus of many people on their equipment ..they stop a lot..talk to long, cause traffic jams and thus they now need to get more people working to compensate for productivity losses.
I used to see managers do a beat 2-3 times a day to see how the floor is "moving" If they would just address the producyivity and address people to keep moving in a nice way, without threatening them then maybe more production could be happening.

The middle managers are not the people to talk to, they only care about their jobs..upper management is a safer bet, they have to listen.

Lowes like any place is a big organism and it needs food to survive, i see many young tapeworms benefiting but can't manage much in helping really do their part..about 33% i woild guess..oh well..
I hope this is helpful..i really cannot trust my best friends there either..so keep the mouth shut do your job and go home...
jojo

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

grubby wrote:
some of the poor chaps in their 20's are so lazy they look like thay are going backwards..the 40 to 60 year old employees seem to know how to manage a day at work much better, and yes they are doing physical labor..what up with that?
Well yes lazy chaps are a dime a dozen anywhere you go on a workforce..lowes hires them too. the issue is why so many 20 somethings are so timid about work. I'm over 50 and man i know how hard it is, but i manage to go in each day.
The kids today have a bad work ethic or never were taught to have one..getting by is all most want to do, so the revolving door of new hires or tempos will continue until doomsday happens.
unionization wont take care of that but it would get better employees due to a union because then you have a voice..because you really care about your job and your family. It would even the playing field for everyone there.
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I have worked store side as well as 1436 and I can honestly say their is more fairness at the DC than at the store. Bigger pay ,better schedules, bonuses (most stores over 2 years old in this state - except medford never make bonus each quarter), and actually get treated fairly. All you have to do is show up 4 or 3 days a week do you job and go home. I cant wait til the Albany store opens and everyone who bitches so much about this place will apply and I hope everyone who does gets it because only then will you realize how good you have it. Store level their is no ”team lift” while unloading or stocking. You cant down stock or zone your department most of the day because of ”impact hour” then get hounded as to why you didnt get it done by your zone manager. Sorry for the long rant im just sick of all the complainants!
Y_allAreAnnoying

Yacolt, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Really? Your all being pathetic. A job is a job... It aint no slumber party that you can just lay around and act like 12 year olds. I'm probably younger than alot of you complaining on here and I'm more mature and actually proud that I got a job there. It's a pretty damn good job if you ask me. If your lazy and don't wanna pick up stuff all day than you'd better get a office job cause you won't be able to handle this. You shoulda thought about what you were applying for before you applied. You all need to grow up. Have fun working at your new jobs at McDonald's or Walmart.
Y_allAreAnnoying

Yacolt, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

jojo wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes lazy chaps are a dime a dozen anywhere you go on a workforce..lowes hires them too. the issue is why so many 20 somethings are so timid about work. I'm over 50 and man i know how hard it is, but i manage to go in each day.
The kids today have a bad work ethic or never were taught to have one..getting by is all most want to do, so the revolving door of new hires or tempos will continue until doomsday happens.
unionization wont take care of that but it would get better employees due to a union because then you have a voice..because you really care about your job and your family. It would even the playing field for everyone there.
. Not all of us are lazy or have bad work ethic... I love to work...it all depends on how you were raised. I grew up in the country so I'm not anywhere near lazy. Just because your older doesn't mean you work harder.
Annoyed

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Preggo wrote:
I have have 2 children while working in that Hell hole, yes I still work there, but I want it to be over. I have had to work as if I was not pregnet and go into pre-labor and I had to go on leave a month early, was cheated out of my vacation pay, as well as my holiday pay! This company sucks!
Me to! They told me that for my second child I would be able to have my maternity and my time off. So me believing they knew what they were talking about when it came to my maternity trusted the HR people. About a month before I had my baby I had to go on bed rest because my baby was not growing. They said I was allowed to take the time off with no occurences for part of my baby time. No come to find out right when I get back to work after missing a few weeks I'm not eligible for that time off or any maternity pay becuase I had not worked enough hours!?! They should have known all that information. So I got occurences while I was on bed rest becuase of a real medical issue whether issued by a dr or not!!! So then I asked if I could have a personal leave for after I had the baby and they said I wasn't eligible for a basic 6 week after having a baby leave!! Thankfully from my previous child I had 5 weeks of baby bonding left over but my 6th week that I needed to have after healing from pushing a baby out of a hoohaw I got an occurence. And when I came back I was at 11 occurences. But their bullshit excuse was well since you got them all at once we will put you at 9.5 occurences. Ya thanks butt wipes. They have no respect for team members who actually are hard workers.
donkey kong

Coos Bay, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

i worked there for 2 years, not a bad place to work, Of course its a profit company.......its a private organization, unions suck for the most part, union dues go up every year and keep around losers for workers, show up on time, dont miss to much work and have a good attitude, everyone has a bad day , get over it ! A few more bucks a hour would have been nice though.
grubby

Astoria, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Wow..all i can say is..when a coach cuts you off in the middle of a sentence on a phone call...thats a dickhead!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min seriously the ori... 538,772
Satan knows.....that an ETERNITY in HELL....is ... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Chosen Holy Dr Sh... 599,773
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min KiMare 94,633
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 23 min Yourbrainisbroke 297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min atheism is destru... 732,691
Appjoy invite code 27 min Im Rk9 43
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min JudgeNJury 257,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••