Mr Rodgers

Lebanon, OR

#22 Jul 29, 2010
I'll get back to you
MR ROGERS wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely right. I worked for Lowes when they first opened the doors. It's no more that a modern day sweat shop. They get people in and they spit people out. God forbid you get hurt on the job. They will throw you out like yesterdays garbage. They preach safety but it is really profit they are after. I can recall being at lowes in kaiser before the lebanon store opened they would have a briefing for all the team members to give us this big pep talk. Basicly they wanted us to shake the money out of every customers pocket that walked into the store and do it with a smile. Lowes is a sham. They preach about their open door policy, yeah right, their policy is only as good as the person inside the door, complain too much, you are doing the duffle bag drag to the unemployment line. You know what is really upsetting? You have some people who actually cut your throat to suck up to the bosses to get what little crumbs they left on the table for themselves. The place is just a sewer. I'm glad I walked out on them before they kicked me to the curb. This is why we need unions. Don't drink the blue koolaid.
Preggo

Long Beach, WA

#24 Sep 20, 2010
I have have 2 children while working in that Hell hole, yes I still work there, but I want it to be over. I have had to work as if I was not pregnet and go into pre-labor and I had to go on leave a month early, was cheated out of my vacation pay, as well as my holiday pay! This company sucks!
Lowes 2335 martell ca

Modesto, CA

#25 Oct 21, 2010
I just have to say one thing regarding RDC1436, YOU GUYS ROCK!! The last few times we've had a receiving audit you passed with flying colors!(truck was missing small box of plumbing fittings, thats it!). I call every now and again and ask for dye lots for tile and such, you guys always get me what I need for my customer in a fast and precise manner. Here at the store level we have to worry about many things such as: all a customer has to do is say you are rude and/or un-friendly, and Lowe's can fire you on the spot/ One no call/no show will get you the boot/three un-exused call in's will get you the boot/constant micromanagment/and then tack on daily tasks which fill the day more than you can complete in 8 hours time., but we all have it rough, it's not easier to do your job than it is mine, or the next guys, dealing with the same kind of bosses, but we just get through the day, and leave all that crap in the store. Anywho don't mean to rant, just wanted to say that you guys do a awesome job! Shout out to S.G.!
Ruby

Corvallis, OR

#26 Jan 16, 2011
boohoo wrote:
you all need a reality check. In this economy you should be lucky to have a job. Many companies are laying off people and Lowes is hiring. That should say something. Not every company is perfect by all means. Stop your wining and grow up about actually having to some work. All people need to do is work hard and be positive. Think about all the people who don't have jobs, you all should be thankful to have a job. Grow up and get over it!
Do you work at Lowes? if you do, you must be one of the ass kissers, SS but until you have walked in our shoes you have not got a leg to stand on here, I worked at Lowes Dist 1436 and did there stupid sweat shop gig at the cost of my health, I can not tell you the pure relief the day I was fired, I was in extreme pain and pushed to my full limit and no human being should ever be treated like that, these are not employees just complaining about there jobs... I worked it and I saw for myself here, the fact that this company has come in and takin this "work ethic" is a abusive and unsafe...
john smith

Shrewsbury, MA

#27 Feb 22, 2011
Sir Tuggalot said:
"Once the orientation was over, and we were allowed to actually work, I had my first negative Lowe's experience. I was wearing a shirt that said "I pee in pools." "
you had your first negative experience while being immature in the workplace?
and your not 6'5" 300 lbs. your 5'9" 250lbs and you drink a liter of coca cola everyday
wow

Portland, OR

#28 Mar 9, 2011
I am absolutly blown away by the amount of complaining that is done on here! Honestly if you were fired you were probably a lazy ass and deserved it or you called in all the time. I am thankful that I don't have to work with you! I have been there for a very long time. I don't suck up to anyone. I just SHOW UP TO WORK and I don't talk to other people every opportunity I have! I'm sure most of you are still claiming unemployment from being fired from there and you will continue to until the government kicks you off! Move on you crazies and I am sure you regret losing your job there! Can you say "would you like fries with that"? Have fun making min wage! oh and incase you are wondering I have done the shitty jobs there that nobody wants to do. If you don't want to work a job that is labor centered then go to college and find something that you can sit on your butt all day.
ex-kool aide drinker

Portland, OR

#29 Apr 18, 2011
no name wrote:
Novel idea... If you don't want to do PHYSICAL LABOR don't sign a peice of paper saying you will and then gripe about it later.
well heres the thing.. they have you sign a waver saying that you can lift up to 70lbs, which is fine.. how ever the problem is like this. in the building department there are a lot of items that are at 69.95 lbs there for you "dont need a partner" to lift it , or my ever favorite part. you are on a team to do team picks, most of those items are well over the 70lb mark which is fine but the problem is that the bonus system is soo skewed that in order to get a decent score you pretty much have to each pick product separately and they know it, and thus turn a blind eye to it unless you get hurt then oh my god you are the worst worker known to man. now when that same product gets dropped off in the shipping department, they expect the shippers to load those team lift items all by themselves and thats perfectly ok with lowes (nice double standard huh?)

honestly there is a reason why people complain about lowes, it is not because they are wieners, its because like many have said, they treat you like trash and toss you out as soon as you have question them.

me personally i was let go with out warnings.. no verbal, written or anything else, hell they violated their own policies.. why you may ask.. well they said i was cheating on my e3 score, when in reality i was doing my job as trained. i was damn good at what i did, i knew my equipment well and knew what its limits were, so while everyone else were taking two items at a time i would take 9 or depending on product 12 at a time to shipping thus being more efficient but obviously they did not want us to be efficient.

in closing, lowes was great at first till the newness wore off then i like many others saw their true colors , long hours, 95% turn over rate, poor management, all the good managers have pretty much all left for other jobs to get away from the bullshit.

so anyone who says its a great place to work are either here to spread corporate propaganda or still new to the company and dont know any better yet.
Sixguns23

Flushing, NY

#30 May 28, 2011
I work at 1421 and yes they are slave drivers all they care about is their bonus and how much product we get out of the building! Pretty much back stabbing two face lying no good &$$;
Get over it losers

Hattiesburg, MS

#31 May 28, 2011
Well it sounds like all you losers that are complaining on here were fired. Probably because yall were too lazy to do the job you were hired to do. And before you dumb asses say anything, yes I do work for lowes have been there for 3 years and have been promoted with a raise 3 times. It was the strangest thing. I didn't get it by kissing ass all I did was come to work when I was suppose to and do the job they pay me to do. I understand with the 9th grade education most of you have that might be hard to comprehend. This is something I'm sure all you lazy whining unemployed losers can understand "yes I would like fries with that."
mr rodgers

Longview, WA

#32 May 29, 2011
I told you ALL how bad lowes was 4 yr ago....now you all can see.
Sixguns23

Bronx, NY

#33 May 29, 2011
Hey wow f you I still work here in this crap hole and yes I've worked the crappy jobs to and this company sucks they r back stabbing two faced tell u one thing do another
Shipper at her best

United States

#34 Jul 23, 2011
I have worked for Lowes for a very long time. I LOVE MY JOB! Lowes is like my second family,I'm always there. Positive thinking and glad to have a job, makes my days run smooth no matter how difficult the job may be. Seems like a lot of negative people on this site. I'm sure I made you smile at one time or another.
jimbob

Oakville, Canada

#35 Aug 19, 2011
WOW this is awesome so i work in a lowes RDC over in Canada ONT and it use to be awesome good management good staff but it was also a Canadian logistics company but as of Dec 10 2011 lowes actually bought us out and wow does my job suck now as a shipper/ loader and being able to even do my loading coach's job when he is away the management side of things is fucking just horrible i thought that it would be cheaper and more productive to employ chimps
ex employee

United States

#37 Dec 11, 2011
To the guy that says all the people on this site are complaining I did work at 1436 for 2 years I am a hard worker but managment sucks there hated every day I worked there and was so happy when I got to quit and go to another job they are not just complaining that place sucks balls sucky pay and worst managment you could imagine
Home Depot

Sherwood, OR

#38 Dec 18, 2011
I've been at Lowes for a while now and it is by far the worst job I have ever had. My day starts with depression and jumps to anxiety throughout the day. I usually just go into a dead zone for much of the day. For the person who loves their job from the post above, probably has never had anything better than the blue kool-aid.
Noob1993

West Babylon, NY

#39 May 15, 2012
Let me put it this way I'm almost 3 months in on the night crew in a certain store. Not gonna put number cuz I'm sure they watch this like hawks. But ya management sucks, they overreact, they sit on here asses and watch videos on transformers, and they mke you feel like a number. Can't wait for August. Day b4 the seasons over I'm quitting. No humor at all allowed on lowes premises. Hiel lowes ( insert swastika)
Weekendshifter

Mount Pleasant, TX

#40 Aug 2, 2012
Ive been reading all your posts and i have to say that it is true. If you say that Lowes is a great place to work you probably havent been there long enough or your an ass-kisser with all due respect. What i have found out in my 5 year tenure at Lowes in the distribution area is that their system works in only one direction: in their favor, not ours. Think about e2 and dont tell me im wrong because im not: if you dont cheat on it from time to time theres no way you can get over 130%. Either that or kill yourself till total exhaustion. This system works in favor of the company, not in us employees favor. Your success there depends in how much they like you to begin with. And like someone else here in this forum said: start complaining about sth and you'll be done. You want to know how i have survived for 5 years? keeping my mouth shut, that's how. They have put me to do the worst, ive been always told my work at receiving and now in shipping sucks and all kinds of shit. Now, why is that ive been on the same position? because i dont complaint and unfortunately i need this job as bad as it is. I dont kiss nobody's ass. I might be stuck in here, at least i have a job because in this forsaken town i leave in, there's nothing else. A lot of people are in the same situation and thats the answer to the question of why are you taking all the bullshit. I think Lowes needs to re-think their methods and treat their workers better. You dont get a chance if someone in your family is sick. I understand how everyone of you feel about that place. And the coaches, they forget they were employees once. Theres one here that thinks he owns the company, he will tell you on your face how good he is and how you have to follow his "best methods" But his methods will make you end up with a 95% in the whole month. E2 needs to dissapear from the face of earth!
Hahaha

Cathlamet, WA

#41 Sep 3, 2012
wow wrote:
I am absolutly blown away by the amount of complaining that is done on here! Honestly if you were fired you were probably a lazy ass and deserved it or you called in all the time. I am thankful that I don't have to work with you! I have been there for a very long time. I don't suck up to anyone. I just SHOW UP TO WORK and I don't talk to other people every opportunity I have! I'm sure most of you are still claiming unemployment from being fired from there and you will continue to until the government kicks you off! Move on you crazies and I am sure you regret losing your job there! Can you say "would you like fries with that"? Have fun making min wage! oh and incase you are wondering I have done the shitty jobs there that nobody wants to do. If you don't want to work a job that is labor centered then go to college and find something that you can sit on your butt all day.
I smell ass an ass kisser... Lowes coaches and upper management suck
Wkender

Cathlamet, WA

#42 Sep 3, 2012
All lowes is good for is the money & friendly ppl..:))
grubby

Lebanon, OR

#43 Sep 23, 2012
ohh my the insults are astounding here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Pokay 775,168
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min USA Born 559,457
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min NEWS-FLASH 175,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 265,133
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min Ugly Truth from d... 39,344
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 31 min MUQ2 37,815
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 1 hr WasteWater 14
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Ugly Truth from d... 604,998
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web